[SP-F2] Curing a Curse <<RGQ>>

Vigilon was walking in the town of Urbus. He'd been needing to do a little more lately, so he decided to look through the first three floors for anything. Little did he know something would be coming to him. Veriost was about to fall asleep over not getting what she currently wanted: The sugar cookies in Vigilon's inventory. "Grrrrrrrrrmm..." "Not much longer Veriost, just a bit longer." Veriost looked at vigilon as if to say, "You said that five hours ago, and five before then, and five before then..." Vigilon continued walking, and Veriost continued making soft growls that were probably groans, and then an NPC in ragged cloths came up to Vigilon. "Please, young swordsman, you have to help me! I've had to bear this painful curse for about three weeks now, and I need to get the cure! I know of a place where there is a cure, but I'm far too weak to fetch it myself!"

Vigilon listened to what the cursed NPC had to say. Whatever this curse was, this NPC shouldn't be suffering from it. The accept quest notification popped up on his menu. "Well, I guess it's now or never." He accepted the quest, and the NPC continued his explanation. "There is an old, crumbling cathedral that used to be bustling with healers of various sorts to the east of Marome. There is definitely at least one of the cures in there. This cure is rare, and it takes a long time to grow them, thus, it wasn't long before the cure became scarce." "I can take care of that. Thanks. I'll be on my way, and I'll be back with the cure as soon as possible." Vigilon set off, and once he'd passed the gates, he took out one of the cookies and gave it to Veriost, who hastily scarfed it down. As he continued on, he pulled out the brownies he'd purchased the other day.

- Simple Sugar Cookies

- Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies

Vigilon's Total Mitigation has increased to 18 for the thread.

Vigilon continued walking until he found two mobs that were heading towards him. "Just what's with all these aggressive mobs?" He decided to wait for them to attack first. Despite his efforts to avoid those wasps' stingers, he got hit by both of them, one of them got him pretty hard. He then tried to take one of them down with Snake Bite, but he missed yet again. He was going to need a little more concentration in this fight. "Hmph, I'll get you for that one." He wasn't ready to give up just yet. Heck, the fight's just getting started, and Vigilon wasn't going to lose easily. Veriost saw Vigilon miss, and then dashed into his pocket, snagging the rest of the sugar cookies. "Why the heck is she thinking about food now? We have a fight to win!" Veriost finished the last of the cookies, then actually paid attention to the situation.

ID# 88006 Mob: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

ID# 88007 Mob: 7-1=6(Hit)

ID# 88008 BD: 2+1=3(Miss)

Snake Bite-Failed!

Vigilon: HP 175/180, EP 18/20

Enemies:

Wasp 1: HP 30/30, 18 DMG

Insek The Toxic(Wasp 2): HP 40/40, 21 DMG, <Envenom>, Poisons target on MD rolls of 9-10

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon decided to keep moving, instead of staying still until the last minute, since that obviously didn't work. Maybe he could move a little fast, then sprint out of the way when they got too close. That worked for the first one, but with the other... He didn't see an attack from behind coming. Talk about getting stung in the back! Vigilon then noticed the status ailment icon appear beside his HP meter. "What? Poisoned!? Man, why didn't I see this one coming? Then again, some mobs in Diablo III have enhancements as well...and there are other games with mobs that can inflict status ailments..." He turned around and retaliated with Snake Bite, striking the oversized insect three times. "So you can poison me then. In that case, you'll die first!" Veriost was eager to help, blasting the giant wasp with frost breath. Vigilon may be poisoned, but he could still handle this fight.

ID# 88009 Mob: 6-1=5(Miss)

ID# 88010 Mob: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

ID# 88011 BD: 6+1=7(Hit)

Snake Bite-5*3x1=15

Vigilon: HP 171/180, EP 16/20, [Poisoned]: 4 Turns, 6 DMG

Enemies:

Wasp 1: HP 30/30

Insek The Toxic(Wasp 2): HP 25/40

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon wasn't done yet, but he planned to avoid the wasps' attacks before striking back. Vigilon sidestepped to avoid the first wasp, and then he slided to duck under the second wasp to avoid it's venomous stinger. "Well, this fight's in my favor today, so I'm just going to go all out now." He used Snake Bite, striking the second wasp three times, and it's HP dropped to the red. Veriost was still blowing her frost breath on the enemies. "Fo!!!" These oversized insects didn't stand enough of a chance. Vigilon may be poisoned, but this fight will be over before then. He hoped that these wasps would continue to miss, since he would need to be at full HP and energy by the time he reached his destination. "To be honest, I've got better things to do, so either buzz off or die quickly." He knew they probably wouldn't buzz off, but it was worth a shot.

ID# 88156 Mob: 5-1=4(Miss)

ID# 88157 Mob: 3-1=2(Miss)

ID# 88158 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

Snake Bite-5*3x1=15

Poison Damage: Vigilon takes 6 DMG

Vigilon: HP 167/180, EP 14/20, [Poisoned]: 3 Turns, 6 DMG

Enemies:

Wasp 1: HP 30/30

Insek The Toxic(Wasp 2): HP 10/40

Edited by Vigilon

The wasps flew over towards Vigilon, and he prepared to evade the attacks, then strike them with a sword art he had in mind. He avoided the second wasp's attack by sidestepping, and after he avoided the first wasp's attack, it kept going and got it's stinger stuck in the ground. "This is my chance, now's the time!" He attacked the wasps with Rage Spike, damaging them both, killing the second wasp, and inflicting Bleed on the first. The second wasp shattered, and Vigilon looked towards the first one. "You should have buzzed off when you had the chance. Now your friend's dead. You don't even have to guess who's next." All he had to do now, was just make one more hit on this wasp, the Bleed damage would do the rest. Then he could be on his way again. "Try as you might, you're doomed anyway. I prefer not to pick fights I can't win."

ID# 88159 Mob: 1(Crit. Miss)

ID# 88160 Mob: 5-1=4(Miss)

ID# 88161 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Rage Spike: 7*1x2[AoE]=Both mobs take 14 DMG

Poison Damage: Vigilon takes 6 DMG

Vigilon: HP 161/180, EP 14/20, [Poisoned]: 2 Turns, 6 DMG

Enemies:

Wasp 1: HP 16/30, Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG

Insek The Toxic(Wasp 2): HP 0/40

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon needed to finish off the wasp. He decided on evading the wasp's attack, then go for a classic strike. He failed to avoid the first attack, the wasp actually hit him pretty hard, although the damage was mitigated. However, the poison began looking like a bit of a nuisance. Vigilon struck back, and the bleed damage finished off the oversized bug. As it shattered, Vigilon exhaled and said, "Serves you right." Veriost landed on Vigilon's shoulder as he sheathed his blade. "So, we were headed somewhere, were we? Oh yes, that's right! The Cure!" He began sprinting towards his destination, and Veriost fell off Vigilon's shoulder, landed on the ground, and took flight to catch up. Vigilon hoped he would regenerate before he reached his destination. However, floor 2 was full of hills, mountains, and, well, rocks, like the one he tripped on. "Agh!" He got up, and decided to slow down at least a little.

ID# 88187 Mob: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

ID# 88188 BD: 7+1=8(Hit) CD: 8(Recovered 2 Energy)

Poison Damage: Vigilon takes 6 Damage

Bleed Damage: Wasp 1 takes 12 Damage

Vigilon: HP 154/180, EP 16/20, [Poisoned]: 1 Turn, 6 DMG

Enemies:

Wasp 1: HP 0/30

Insek The Toxic(Wasp 2):  DEAD

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 weeks later...

Vigilon decided to sit down. Sure, he was in the middle of the road, and a quest as well, but if he encountered anything else, he would rather have fully recovered. Veriost turned around and landed on Vigilon's shoulder, also interested in taking a break to catch breath. "Such an awful game, such wonderful scenery... Then again, life itself presents challenges, and wonderful sights, but it is unforgiving..." He almost drew a blank getting lost in thought. Right now, he still had a quest to finish. Vigilon thought for a minute, and decided that he walk the rest of the way to the place. It was within sight. The cathedral was definitely crumbling slowly, and there were cracks and holes in the windows. Moss decorated the stone walls somewhat. It wouldn't be long before he actually got there and entered to retrieve the cure. "We're almost there. Won't be long now..."

Poison Damage: Vigilon takes 6 Damage

Vigilon: HP 158/180, EP 20/20