|~This is not a game anymore~| (Nero)

The Sky turned red with the "Warning" , Nero noticed red slime oozing out forming a person in a cloak as he struggled to process what he was seeing "That must be the game master" he thought. "Attention players! I welcome to my world!" The voice rang out "My name is Akihiko Kayaba" Nero was surprised, the creator coming into his own game? "I'm sure most of you noticed something missing from your main menu, the logout button. Let me assure you this is not a defect of the game, this is how Sword Art Online was designed" Kayaba continued. The boy stepped back, "He's gotta be joking" he said to himself. "You cannot log out of S.A.O, people from the outside cannot interfere, if anyone tries to remove the headgear, a signal will discharge a pulse into your brain and melt it, killing you" Nero was freaking out now, it was a joke, a prank.! "However, the friends and families of many players have removed the nerve gear and now there's 213 less players than at the start of the game."He stated  "213?!" Nero was astonished.

"As you can see here, we have international round-the-clock coverage of the game and deaths, so the chance of nerve gear removal is slim to none" Kayaba wasn't finished"Remember, you cannot revive someone in the game, if you run out of HP, your avatar is deleted and the gear will fry your brain at the same time" He stated "You must clear the  game to escape, you're currently on the first floor, defeating bosses will help you advance. Defeat the floor 100 boss and the game is cleared" "Ok, what are you playing at?! I didn't sign up for this!" Nero suddenly yelled, but Kayaba ignored him "Finally, look in your menu, consider this a gift from me" Curious, Nero  looked in his menu to see an item labeled "Mirror", he clicked on it and a small board appeared in his hand, his avatar in his refection. Suddenly, all the players around him started glowing and he did too. Everything was different, there were people of all ages instead of all teens. Surprised, he looked in the mirror again and gasped, his appearance had changed. He had messy bluish hair. His eyes were different too, one blue eye, one green.

He had seen this face before, in the mirror back in the real world, it was him but at the same time it wasn't. He turned to Kayaba, silently demanding an answer. "I'm guessing one thing is going through your minds: "Why?" The reason why is to rule a world that I alone created, and I have achieved it right here and now" Now Nero was pissed, "Sicko" he whispered. "This marks the moment of S.A.O's official launch, good luck everyone" Kayaba became a mess of red ooze before sinking back into the sky and the sky turned normal again. It was calm, then it was chaos as terrified players ran, Nero being on of them. As he left the town of beginnings, Nero realized the disturbing truth: This is not a game anymore.

(This is my first RP/Fanfic I've done on this site, I've had this OC (Nero) that I had and wanted to put him in the spotlight for some RPs. I changed some of Kayaba's dialogue so you get the feel of the story but at the same time not plaguriazing. Please, if I've done anything wrong, please let me know. and I'll do something about it. However I can't keep promises just letting you know. Nero (C) Me, S.A.O (C) Reki Kawahara. Eclipse, out!)

Edited by Eclipse
Disclamer