F3 PP) The Tree Kin

ID# 90929 results:

Battle: 5+3-8

tryder - 413/440HP | 9/44 EN | 1 EVA | 21MIT | 3 ACC | Concentration - 2/5 - Survival Active 
Hei - 360/360 HP | 22/36 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC - H1

The creature was still stunned, its branches jammed from his masterful hits at its movement joints. He watched as Hei charged in, managing to stumble and getting stuck in some wood, and tried to pull his spear out. He couldn't help but feel a little amused, but now was not the time. He looked at the commander, his eyes glowing red with anger as he jumped up, getting right up onto its head before pulling his fist back, his whole arm lighting up blue as he kicked off, doning a backflip and punching it so hard it shattered into a billion pieces. 

- Quest update, only king remains-

Sky walked over, and tried to help Hei remove his spear, having even less luck then him, managing to fall over...

"You really got this lodged didn't you!" He laughs, for the first time in awhile. He had been very angry throughout most of this quest, but he was mad about the destruction... He really wanted to get this over and done with.......

Name: Treant Commander HP: 95/100 MIT: 55 Damage Per hit: 20 - Stunned!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was amazing to see, how Stryder killed the big tree monster with one powerful hit with his fists, and of course the typical martial arts jumping around. Hei had never understood, why it was necessary to jump around all the time. -Wouldn't the attack be just as effective without the backflip? - he thought, but it didn't matter, as long as the monster had been killed. "That was amazing. You are way more powerful than I am. How strong was that attack you just used?" he asked Stryder, showing his respect. Then he tried to pull the spear out of the log, but it was stuck and when Stryder pried to help him, he wasn't strong enough either and he even fell. "damned, this spear holds on to the log, how should I fight with that?" he asked, and tried to pull it out once more, but with little more luck than before. After a while, he had an idea, opened the menu and unequipped the spear, that instantly disappeared and when he took it back out of the inventory, it was back in his hand. "That was a quite simple solution, so now I am ready, except my energy is still low. Do you have any idea how we could find the king we have to kill?"

1/3 posts till full recharge

Edited by Hei

1/3

Sky shook his fist off once Hei unequipped the spear, using the game system to cheat the spear out of the branch. He had said he was a lot stronger... Well, it was true, but that was due to him using a different weapon type... He was unable to use a shield, or any other item while doing martial arts or he risked losing some of his strength... He shrugged, curious about how they would find the king. Maybe it would find them? They had just killed the massive army it was commanding.... With relative ease. There wasn't much else to do other then seeing if there was a chest somewhere, and find this last treant.

"Keep training, you will get to here at somepoint..."  He says to Hei, grinning. He wanted hsi friend to become as strong as he was. Then he could have a ally who was close to his strength... NAd someone who he coculd relie on. 

It seemed that Stryder was just as clueless as he was if it came to the question of how to find the tree king, as he simply shrug his shoulders instead of answering. - Well, we might find it eventually, or maybe it's coming for us. Just in case of that, we should always be on guard, but I still will go and search for some mats while my energy is recharging - he thought. Stryder then told him, that he would be where he was, if he just kept on training. That was good to hear, even though Hei didn't right believed his friend. He did not know how powerful the martial arts skill really was, but there was a good chance, that he could never reach the same power as Stryder with his weapon of choice. "Ok, I'll keep training and one day I'll be just as powerful as you are!" he replied. Then he changes his gear, so his cloak would enhance his senses and he would have a better chance of finding something. "I'll go and have a look at the area, please tell me if you see any enemies." with these words, Hei left Stryder and started looking for a ...

-3 ACC | +3 LD

Edited by Hei
  • 1 month later...

Sky smiled as he watched Hei go and start looking for something. He knew it might be good if he found a chest or something... But what really made him happy was his conviction to try and get as strong as him. He knew he wasn't that powerful compared to some others, but out of everyone he knew.... He was among the strongest, and he hoped he set a goal for others tostar reach. He started looking around, keeping an eye out for this 'King'. It was the last thing left, when it was taken out, they could move on to others. He wished that he had a familiar.... Or something else that might help him find this thing. He was so tired of the forest being destroyed... These 'Treants' were meant to love the forest... Not destroy it.

"Were nearly done.... Soon, we can go home.... And this will all be over" He says quietly to himself, looking up.

2/3

@Hei

Ready to search for something to help him become stronger Hei had left Stryder. His Energy was slowly recharging, so he had about another 5 to 15 minutes before he would be ready for another fight. The place was all destroyed forest, so it was hard to really have a good hint where to find something, on the other hand, there could be something in every single pile of destroyed weaponry that was lying around. "I hope there actually is something that can help me." he said to himself, before he continued searching for something helpful. After some time, he was sure that one of the piles must hide a treasure chest, as he could see the wooden planks held together by some metal, but after using all his force to get the heavy destroyed weaponry away from it, he had to realize it had just been a crashed barrel an that there was nothing within it. At this time, his Energy was fully recharged, and so he equipped his combat gear to be ready for what ever the next fight was going to be

Spoiler

ID# 94635
Loot: 1 -> absolutely nothing

-3 LD | +3 EVA
full energy recharge

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

3/3 - Full Recharge - King remaining

Sky sighed to himself, watching as Hei walked off. That guy had a very good mentality. He always was trying to better himself from what he could tell.... And he always was trying to help. Sky didn't know what it was, but something about him just made him feel like he was someone he could trust no matter what, and in a death game, that was something very important. If he couldn't trust the person he was fighting with to not turn on him and stab him in the back. If that happened he would be dead in the blink of an eye, hit in the back and slapped by a monster on the front.... It would be devastating. He might survive thanks to the crystals he had... But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a close call. He sighed, his energy was fully healed.... He was ready to find and kill the king.

With his energy back up to max and his combat gear equipped Hei was ready to fight on, so he came back to where he had left Stryder and found him standing there. "Hey Stryder, I wasn't able to find anything helpful, but my Energy is recharged, so let's get going and find that damn Tree King." With this said, he made his way into the forest once more, always careful for not confusing a treant for a tree or the other way around. Hei had no Idea how to find the King, but they had killed a whole lot of its troops, so it would show up eventually to see who was disrupting its plans.
Hei was walking to yet another clearing, when he heard the cracking of trees or branches and the thumb of giant foots. When he quickly watched around, he could see bird flying from his right and turning to there, he saw how two big trees were broken like twigs, when the giant Treant made its way through them. Overhead it had a cursor showing its name was "Treant King" and it had two HP bars.
- So this is it, the final fight for this quest. It really is a boss monster, it even has two HP bars. I hope it doesn't have any really bad attacks once its first is depleted. - shaking his head, to get the worries out of his head, he headed straight for the monster, his spear in hand and charging a swordskill to open the fight, telling Stryder to follow him. Before he reached the creature, it used its roots to attack him, they came from the ground, flailing at him like whips, but with his enhanced evasion stat, Hei was able to dodge them. Then he was close enough to release his swordskill, landing multiple hits while running up the monster. The hits were blocked by the beasts hard bork, but the last hit where he aimed at the kings head and used the shaft was hard enough to stun the boss for a moment.

ID# 95148
Battle: 8 -> hit -> 9*8 = 72-75 = 1 DMG + Stun
Mob:
6-3 = 3 -> miss

--- Stats ---

Treant King: 149/150 HP | 75 MIT| 25 DMG Stunned
Hei - 360/360
 HP | 25/36 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC - h1
Stryder - 440/440HP | 44/44 EN | 1 EVA | 21MIT | 3 ACC | Concentration - 5/5 - Survival Active 

Edited by Hei
Spoiler

ID# 95180 results:

Battle: 6+3-9 non nat

Dmg - 165-75-90 DMG

Treant King: 59/150 HP | 75 MIT| 25 DMG Stunned
Hei - 360/360 HP | 25/36 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC - h1
Stryder - 440/440HP | 27/44 EN | 1 EVA | 21MIT | 3 ACC | Concentration - 5/5 - Survival Active 

Sky looked at the big thing. The birds... the environment. It was all about to be saved, or destroyed right here. He wanted to end this as fast as possible, so they could avoid any unneeded collateral damage. He saw Hei's movements, and took it as a signal, dashing in to respond with his all might attack. He dashed in, getting in close as he unleashed his own sword art. He didn't even need the guidance of his necklace right now, using all his own will to make sure he connected with his target. Hei stunned him, so with a quick dash, his arm glowed bright blue mixed with a crimson red as he jumped up, smacking the King in the chest, hopefully knocking him back. His health dropped by about half from the single hit. 

"Half way!"

Seeing how his attack was absorbed by the Treant Kings armour like bork, Hei was worried about how well the fight would go. He couldn't use his stun again for some time, as mobs got an debuff against them after they had been hit by an attack like it. Besides that, there was no sense in stunning it, if they weren't able to deal damage. At this moment Stryder came in, his arm glowing and smashing right into the monster. The brute force attack with his own body must have been so much more powerful than his own attack, as it broke right through the bork and dropped it's HP to below half. With the first HP bar gone, the King would probably try do do something evil, but it was still incapable of moving, so Hei had a rather save way to attack it with a weak swordskill, just for the fun of it. "Nice punch Stryder, I'll leave it to you to kill it" he yelled when he ran towards the Kind that had been knocked back by Stryder. His Spear began glowing blue and as he released the skill, he hit the monster with a single hard hit, but with nearly no effect.

ID# 95183
Battle: 7 +3 = 10 un-natural -> hit -> 2x9 = 18-75 = 1 DMG
Mob:
No attack, as it was stunned

--- Stats ---

Treant King: 58/150 HP | 75 MIT| 25 DMG
Hei - 360/360 HP | 24/36 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC - h2
Stryder - 440/440HP | 27/44 EN | 1 EVA | 21MIT | 3 ACC | Concentration - 5/5 - Survival Active - h1

Edited by Hei

Spoiler

ID# 95185 results:

Battle: 3+3-6-hit

Dmg - 165-75-90 DMG

Treant King: 0/150 HP | 75 MIT| 25 DMG 

Hei - 360/360 HP | 25/36 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC - h1
Stryder - 440/440HP | 11/44 EN | 1 EVA | 21MIT | 3 ACC | Concentration - 5/5 - Survival Active 

Sky was angry, this bastard was the last thing standing in his way... And it was time he died. This time, he did need the small help of his amulet. The fox eyes lit up, his own eyes following suit as he dashed in once again, climbing along the tree's as his arm lit up again, a bright blue glow going up his arm as he jumped onto its head. He had a very murderous intent in his eyes...

"YOU ARE DONE!" He yells as he punches it in the head, the whole thing exploding into a massive hail of fragments. He landed on his feet, looking around and seeing it was over.... and across his HUD flashed a quest clear message. It was over... they had won. The forest was saved, the war was over. They had finally prevailed. He looked over at Hei, smiling his heart out, his calm demanor returning to him as he casually stretched.

"That was fun"

After he had hit the King of Treants with his laughable weak swordskill, it had just ignored the attack, but he knew, that it might have tried to attack him afterwards, if it wasn't for Stryder, who rushed in once more, climbing along the trees that surrounded the area they were fighting in, and jumping at it with a super powerful attack. His arm was glowing once again, and while he released the swordskill, that for sure would kill the boss, he yelled at it. Flying through the cloud of pixels, Stryder looked so cool, maybe just comparable to one of the superheroes from the American comics. "You're so cool Stryder, I wish there was a screencast function for the game, so I could show it to all the others." Hei said while walking towards Stryder, who smiled like he had never seen him smile, but after stretching, he returned to the old maybe a little worried self. "This was a really strong enemy, I wasn't even able to damage it and you just killed it with two blows. That is so amazing." Hei simply went on to tell him how cool the fight was, and how much he respected Stryder for being so strong.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky didn't respond much to Hei's complement, he just didn't really... well have much to say. To either one. He didn't mind others noticing his power, but it wasn't something he wanted to show off. Sure, he used it ALL the time to stay alive, but he still didn't like it. He didn't want people to just like him because he had power, or respect him for that, he wanted to be respected for who he was, though in a game that was a hard dream to fulfill. 

"It wasn't a big a deal, there are dozens stronger then me, any of them could have killed this thing with one hit" He said, his mind flashing to when Hikoru almost killed him. He hadn't actually attacked him, but knowing that a Frontliner could do that.... It was terrifying. He needed to get to that level.... To the level he could protect someone from someone at that level of strength. He needed it... and we was going to get it if it was the last thing he did.

Hei didn't knew why Strider wasn't happy about being complimented for being so strong, but he couldn't change that, so he would simply reply to Stryder telling him that there were stronger players out there "You probably are right, there for sure are stronger players than you out there, but they are out there and not dedicating their time to helping weak players like me and the other guildmembers to become stronger. You could have left us to become one of the frontliners, but you stayed with us. That's what really impresses me the most." That was all he had to say, and as Stryder seemed to not be the kind of person, who was good with taking compliments he would leave it as that.
Then Hei turned towards the direction they had come from and asked "How about we go back to town, maybe use the time for some gathering and take a drink or something to eat. All this fighting made me hungry." and so he started heading back, slowly so Stryder could stop him in case of not really wanting to follow. While he was walking back, he had a closer look at a heap of garbage left from the war between the elves and the treants but he was not able to find anything worth taking with him.

ID# 95967
LD:
10 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

Sky winced a little at him saying he could have left to become one, it wasn't true. He wasn't near there level enough yet, he needed to get a LOT stronger before he could even approach them.... He only knew one front liner, Kasier... and she was nice, but other then that they were a mystery to him. He wondered if he would ever get strong enough to actually fight at there level. Sure, he might get to where they are NOW, but by that time they will probably already be on a whole other level... Having gained a lot more strength than he possibly could ever achieve. He started to follow Hei, speeding up to match his pace, even though he was heading back slowly. 

"As long as your buying, i'm in" He says, grinning with a cheeky grin, he was broke as hell, but he had a feeling Hei has some cash he could spend on a nice meal.

After a while Stryder had caught up to him and had agreed to come and get something to eat and drink as long as Hei was buying. - I wonder if Stryder has problems with money, or if he just wants to test me, But I don't really care, I got enough col for something like that - He thought, while he was walking besides Stryder. Then he replied "Why not, my store is going really well lately and I got enough credits to spend. What'd ya say about us two getting a feast in one of the local taverns to celebrate our victory over the treant king?"
He thought that that was something he hadn't done to much lately. There wasn't always a reason to party, but killing a king that was also a kind of boss monster was a reason to celebrate. And he hadn't had some good tavern food for a long time. On his way back, Hei would stop at piles of destroyed weaponry and broken down items to have a look if there was something he could use. But once again, it seemed that the piles weren't really made for gathering, and so he once again didn't find anything useful.

ID# 96179
LD:
9 -> found nothing

Edited by Hei

Sky pumped his fist into the air with a little bit of a victory in it, though feeling a little guilty about it. But hell, he had been pouring all the col he had been getting into the guild treasury... And even the amount he had been putting in was pathetically small. He needed more.... and he would get some more after this. He was going to gather a few people to go on a massive col gathering quest... To make them want to come he was going to have to split it a little to make sure everyone came out with something, but he was going to be able to do it easily.

"Sounds like a plan" He says snapping back to the current moment, "A feast would be beautiful, though it sucks we can't really drink to much with the games laws...  But eh, a meal is going to hit the spot well enough" He says, drooling for a moment before quickly noticing and wiping it off. He blushed for a moment before sighing, smiling a little.

"Thanks for sticking with me. I remember meeting you back in the Harbingers, and when that went to hell i thought you might have split off..." He says, his voice a little soft and quiet, a little embarrassed.

Once he had agreed to paying what ever they would have later, Hei had seen Stryder pumping his fist into the air and he had had difficulties to not start laughing. - Is it something so great for me to do? Maybe he really is broke and doesn't get more than the simple dry bread for food lately. That would be a shame -  Hei thought and continues his lousy attempts at gathering some materials. Stryder who had somewhat spaced out, returned to the here and now and told him that it was a good plan, even though he was kinda sad that they couldn't actually drink like in the real world. Hei had never had problems with that, as he hadn't drunk much in the real world to start with. When Stryder than added that getting some food is good too, Hei was really happy to see his guild leader like that. Or at least seeing him happy, as he wasn't to sure if the sight he got, Stryder drooling, was something he had wanted to see. No matter what, it was a good thing to see.
When they continued their way back, Stryder had thanked him for sticking with him even after the Harbingers had gone to hell. Hei was happy himself, and so he told Stryder about how it was for him.
"You're welcome. But I should be the one to thank you. You know, when I first entered the Harbingers, it was not really because I looked for other players to become friends with or something like that. It was merely a necessity for my job to get into a guild so i could write about it later, but it was such a  good time that I really don't want to miss out on it any more. When the Harbingers went down, I worried if I could find players as nice as them and so I was really happy to be able to be a part of the Guardians. You are more than just friends or a guild. I would go so far to say, you are more family than my family in real life." Hei had never told someone about this, but he felt Stryder was the right one to know this.

Sky was glad that Hei felt the same way he did, it was reassuring to know he hadnt just caused someone more problem and they didn't need to deal with. That was always something he was scare of... It was slowly nearing night time, they had been out questing all day and all night, but it had been worth it... well worth it.

"Everyone in the guild Is family... and il gladly risk my life for any of you" he says with a smile, before punching his arm lightly with a chuckle.

"come on, let's go get some dinner!" He saying cheerfully, ready for dinner, and for a new day.

He started now thinking hard on the way back. Hei was right when he said that the guild wasn't just a group of people who he would fight by, live for and die with... they were a group of people he could trust. He was glad he had made this choice, to run his own guild... if he hadn't, he might not be where he is right now. In a good place, with a group of friends he would gladly call his family.

Still waking back, Stryder agreed on the guild now being more of a family than just a guild and that he would risk his life for everyone of them, then slightly punching Hei's arm with a smile. "That's good to know. I hope you will never have to risk your life, but I would do the same for everyone in the guild." he agreed. He was sure he really would risk his life for them, even though he wasn't to sure if that was for everyone. There were people within the guild he had barely ever seen, but all the players he met and got used to he would surely safe by risking his own life.

When Stryder then told him to come on as he wanted to get some food, Hei accelerated a little, just so they would be in town quicker, as he now noticed that he was really hungry himself. Once they had arrived in town, he choose the first tavern he saw and entered it. Inside, it it was lit dimly but with the taverns sounds and the other players and NPCs in there it was a nice atmosphere. "Hey Stryder, how about you go and search for a free place for us and I'll get some drinks from the bar? And maybe order some nice food"