[PP-F1] Nepents in The Forest <<Secret Medicine of The Forest>>

Dazia had been wandering the first floor, and she found a village within the trees. She looked around, and it seemed to her that the town of Horunka was pretty decent, and could easily serve as a base of operations for mob hunting/grinding. Nevertheless, she returned to her earlier thoughts. "So, once again I'm thinking of what skills to utilize... Well, there are plenty of them, but to do that, I still need to do things such as level up and all....this may take longer than I anticipated..." She leaned on a nearby building, and continued her thoughts. "One way to get stronger is to complete quests...but I'm in no state to do that alone..." Thus, she decided to wait for anyone who might be able to help. She had heard that there was a quest here, but she wouldn't go to accept it until she had at least one possible ally to help her on the quest.

@Ryo @Crozeph @Vigilon

Ryo did his daily patrol of the first floors. He kept an eye out for those who needed it. Those crying, or on the edge of despair. Just today he had found a lost item, reunited two lover and even returned a lost child to his parents and it wasn't even noon. "Alright. What else can I do today?" He asked himself aloud as he perused his surroundings. He snapped his fingers as he eyed a new target. "Aha! Madam." Ryo said, approaching the woman. The woman in front of him had dark clothing, as well as black hair that streched past her shoulder. "You seem at a loss for words." Ryo said, before she could anything out. "I am Ryo. And forgive me for intruding on you, but you seem a bit lost. Is there anything I can assist you with?" He asked, giving her a wide smile.

@Dazia

A merchant, that's his profession but Crozeph is not able to prove it, even to himself. He kept on wandering around the lower floors, so many things to do and he knows where to start but how? he has no col to start with and no materials to use...or so he thought. As he continued to wander in his thoughts, a well-built man approached him holding a mug of ale and clad in heavy armor "I don't like that gaze of yours and your..." the man looked at Crozeph from head to toe "...black swordsman wannabe get up"  he told Crozeph followed by a hiccup. It was clear that he's drunk but Crozeph didn't like his train of thoughts to be intruded. It was true that his clothes and equipment had a little or few similarities but for the so called "Crow" it was to keep him less visible at night. Crozeph looked at the drunk man or player with dead serious eyes "it seems you're taking all your habits with you even when you're inside a game" he told the man.The heavily-armored man looked at his companions and laughed as he looked back at Crozeph "you askin' for a fight little boy?" he told Crozeph who is sitting on a stool and finishing his pint of mead "why would I fight drunkards? that'll be like fighting a pillow that is..." Crozeph looked at the man with the same sharp gaze but now with a smirk "...armored." The man slammed his mug at Crozeph's table "aye, a fight it is" the man clenched his fist and aimed at Crozeph who cocked his head backwards to avoid the first blow "this will be a waste of energy" Crozeph thought as he stood up. "First disable his vision" Crozeph raised his cup and splashed the mead at the man's face "strike the gap of the armor, not left-handed so that would be..." with a quick sleight of his left hand, Crozeph grabbed Bleeding dove and stabbed the right arpit of the man who missed his first blow. The attack was followed by a loud roar combined with a groan "allow me to enlighten you of what happens next..." Crozeph let his katana spin on his hand  with the man looking perplexed with what happened in a few seconds.

"I am Ryo. And forgive me for intruding on you, but you seem a bit lost. Is there anything I can assist you with?" that was the conversation that is happening outside the building but then it would be a surprise because a man clad in armor came flying out smashing the door. He could only groan as the pain seeps into his joints and a raven-haired boy with his black hood over head walked out of the same door "you better learn to pick on someone slower than you..." Crozeph looked at his right and saw two players having a conversation or someone talking to someone  "nahh this is just some kind of my-mood-in-the-morning thing" Crozeph told the two "I'm Crozeph and this guy here is well..." Crozeph pulled down his hood and revealed his raven-black hair "...neutralized" he uttered.

Vigilon was going about on the first floor as usual, but if one thing was certain, he'd have to stop bench crashing at some point... "If I could feel pain, my back would probably be aching, but that's only a guess... I gotta get a better place to spend my nights. I can't just keep sleeping on the safe zone's benches... But for now, I've got some things I should do, such as look for any players or NPCs that could use my help..." He arrived in the town of Horunka, and he kept going along the road until someone flew out the door of a nearby building. Forgetting that he was in a safe zone(And due to being startled), he drew his blade. "H-hey, what's going on here!?" A player came up to the armored guy that burst through the door just a few seconds earlier, telling him to pick on someone slower than him. "Usually the term is 'pick on someone you own size.' What did he ever do to you, though?" Obviously, he hadn't seen what happened earlier. Although he was focused one one moment, he did spot two other players in the vicinity, one of them being Dazia.

@Dazia @Crozeph @Ryo

Dazia's thoughts were interrupted by a player coming by. He introduced himself as Ryo, and before she could reply, the nearby door burst open as an armored person flew out and landed on the ground. She turned sharply, but calming down for a second, maybe, she stopped her hand from reaching her rapier's handle any further. A player walked out of the door and told the armored person to pick on someone slower. Then she heard a voice she recognized. "I know that voice...Vigilon..." She looked left and right, spotting all three players in the vicinity around her. "On one hand, it's about time. On the other hand...well this is just perfect..." She would have to deal with one player at a time, she guessed, so there was only one thing on her mind to answer the question that was asked. "I have heard that there is a quest somewhere in this village, but I don't exactly think I could tackle it alone at my level..."

@Ryo @Crozeph @Vigilon

• 4 weeks later...

(ooc: I don't like threads in coma hehe so I'll just post and let others catch up)

The man walked away limping but doing it quickly, Crozeph inflicted temporary pain but it was going to be a fatal wound on the man's pride. Crozeph has already caused a little commotion with other players peering and getting nosy on what happened. The others inside the building launched in a tirade of uncontrollable laughter but Crozeph just dusted his coat as he saw the man walk away after he assured everyone around him that he's not on a rampage. He turned his head to a player who asked at what just happened and why he had to give it to the man "thems the breaks, he asked for a little skirmish and I generously gave it to him" he told the player. Crozeph reached out his left hand and placed the other inside the pocket of his coat "I'm Crozeph, Crow to make it convenient" he scratched his head with his right hand "don't get it wrong, I'm not that strong...I just have a few tricks under my sleeve" he told the player. It must be some coincidence or just an accident but Crozeph couldn't help but notice the girl brewing up an idea. He waited a few seconds and there it is, she has a request. A quest to hunt something down and at her state she couldn't do it "well I don't like spending a lot of time in towns plus my shop is way up to Floor ten so I guess I could lend a hand missy" he told her calmly with a faint smile.

Vigilon listened carefully. From what he had heard, the armored person was looking for trouble, and was given a hard lesson instead. The player introduced himself as Crozeph. Vigilon slowly sheathed his blade. "Well, I guess that might be reason enough...maybe." He had only just met this player, so he didn't trust him enough to decide not to keep an eye on him. Now, this player had just offered to help Dazia. Vigilon would only have to help out as well and bingo, no need to worry about trouble going on when he wasn't looking! He walked over to Dazia. "A quest somewhere around here? Must be talking about <<Secret Medicine of The Forest>>. I'd be happy to help if you need any." He wondered what level Dazia was by now, and he assumed she was level four or under if she said she couldn't tackle it alone, since he'd heard the recommended minimum level was five.

@Dazia @Crozeph

(OOC: Ryo has dropped out of the thread.)

Dazia noticed that the players around her were eager to help. However, she didn't need as much help as what came to her, thus she would have to decline assistance from one of them. "Sorry, Ryo, I don't think I will be needing your help today. Maybe some other time." She turned to the other two. "Yes, I'm talking about <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>. I'm only one level under five, and I've heard that the quest can be a little difficult at times, so that's why I decided to wait for an ally or two. You'll do just fine." She was a level four player, and she wasn't in the mood to take any risks. The newest problem, however, was which building was the quest's starting point located. "Sure, I usually plan my strategies, but which building is the one where the quest is located?" She waited for the players' responses.

@Crozeph @Vigilon

• 2 weeks later...

Crozeph's forehead wrinkled, he was bad at directions and hearing someone ask him about it was a strain to his limited sense of direction "I'm not really good at directions, hell I even get lost just by looking at my own marker in the map" he told them. Crozeph looked at the girl, she needed help but Crozeph thinks that she can do it with only little contribution from him. He knew that they had to learn how to deal with things inside Aincrad, especially dangerous ones. Crozeph could still remember when he was still weak, weaker than them. His friend Arekkusu would accompany him just to get to the safe zone until he was strong enough to protect himself. They will learn it too no doubt but the question is "will they take the dark alley or run headstrong and live?" he thought. Crozeph turned his eyes on the boy "maybe you know something about it, the place I mean s we can end this much sooner" he asked him "and I'll try taking in all fatal attacks to keep our lives a little longer" added as he turned to the girl.

Vigilon saw that Dazia declined help from one of the players, and was satisfied with two of them to help. Crozeph said that he was absolutely terrible with directions. Vigilon might be able to help there. He'd wandered and explored the first few floors, especially the first one, and thus was able to remember a few things. "Hmm....I remember the location being close by." He pulled up his map, and studied their location and the surrounding area, soon finding the destination. "Aha! It's practically just around the corner! Now, is there anything else we might need to discuss before going to take the quest?" He looked at both players. Either one might have something to say, or just be ready to begin. Vigilon was ready to begin the short trip to where the quest would begin when Dazia was ready. Either way, this just might be pretty easy. Hopefully, the enemies in this quest wouldn't be overly agile like the Dark elf was...

@Dazia @Crozeph

Dazia noticed how Crozeph admitted that he was terrible with directions. However, Vigilon was ready to find the path. She didn't expect it to be just around the corner at all. "I don't think any further discussion is required for the time being. Let's head out." They reached the destination, and inside the building were some NPCs treating some ill NPC villagers, with hardly any success. She walked close to one of the healers, who was muttering, "It's no use, without the Little Nepent's Ovule, these people will surely die..." The NPC noticed Dazia, and turned to speak to her. "Oh! An adventurer, perhaps? Please! you have to help! The village is slowly dying of disease! The only known cure is the Little Nepent's Ovule! There are nepents out there in the forest. Some look different from the others, and occasionally leave behind the very medicine we need to save these people, and possibly stop a plague from starting!" The notification, as expected, came up on Dazia's menu.

<<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

Accept                                  Decline

She pressed the Accept button. She turned to the other two players. "Come on, we have nepents to slay."

(OOC: I was thinking, when it comes to combat, the "Waves" of nepents will become increasingly harder the more we fail to loot the quest item from the wave's Variant[Which spawns after the normal nepents are killed, according to the quest]. What do you guys think?)

@Crozeph @Vigilon

Crozeph looked at the two as they started heading towards the quest location. He has taken it before with Cerulean Silence or so he thought. Back then there was no update as to how powerful the monsters are but he sure had a hard time dealing with the nepents. Crozeph followed them and listened to the NPC upon reaching it rather quickly "see? this was around the corner but I still can't find it" he told them. Soon enough the info was handed down to Dazia and all they need to do is find nepents and search for the cure in the disease. He wanted for the quest to get finished quickly because it could get worse if the battle gets dragged for too long.He held the hilt of his sword and smiled at Dazia "well then, we should get started while we're still young" he told the two.

(ooc: sure, it's your call)

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: Sorry that I forgot to post, please bear with me... Also, I'm fine with the "Waves" thing.)

Vigilon heard Crozeph speak his point yet again as they arrived. Upon entering, an NPC that was treating an ill NPC noticed Dazia and told her of their plight, which was, essentially, there was a disease going on around the town which might escalate to plague. To stop that from happening, they needed a rare medicine known as the Little Nepent's Ovule, dropped by nepents. The accept quest notification popped up on the three players' menus, and Vigilon pressed accept. "Well then, we're in this one together, and to make sure of that," He opened up his menu. "I'll go ahead and start a party." He sent Dazia and Crozeph party invites, then said, "Right then, I think we're all ready, so let's set out, like Dazia said." The forest where the nepents would spawn wasn't far from the town, but it was still a minor trek at the least.

Party invites were sent to @Dazia and @Crozeph

Dazia saw the two players accept the quest as well, and they all agreed that it was time to get this show on the road. Vigilon saw fit to start a party, and Dazia decided, "Oh, why not? We are doing this quest together, after all..." Before long, they were in the forest. She looked to her left, and to her right. There didn't seem to be anything just yet. She figured that she would make her search thorough. So far, no luck. There didn't seem to be any strange activity...yet. She heard some rustling over to the side, and something strange emerged from the overgrowth. No, not just one, six of the things. They slowly got closer to the three. They were almost as tall as Dazia, approximately two inches shorter. They seemed like nasty creatures. "Right...so we didn't find them... they found us..." Dazia decided not to strike first, just in case.

@Crozeph @Vigilon

(OOC: This is only wave 1, so it will be fairly simple, until the waves get harder.)

Dazia: HP 80/80, EP 8/8 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit.

Enemies:

Nepent 1: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 2: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 3: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 4: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 5: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 6: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

(ooc: who will RP the nepents? guess I'll try attacking one till we decide who RPs who)

Crozeph followed around with them. There was the party invite which he quickly accepted and then the village where a disease was spreading where a few more shove might lead to a plague. Although it was an NPC-ish townspeople, Crozeph had to do something and fortunately there are two players with him which might make the battle a lot easier. The forest they entered in was commonplace to him. He ventured a lot on those kind of areas, battling wild animals and giant plants to take some loot or unidentified items to well... identify. And as they walk deeper, the mob didn't take long to appear and as Dazia mentioned that the plants or nepents found them instead of they finding the nepents, Crozeph chuckled "looks like they're hot-blooded plants then, so eager to meet us" he told her "no flower necklace while we're at it" he added. Crozeph moved in and tried to release a sword art with an AoE effect which he isn't efficient on doing yet and as he quickly used Tsumuji Guruma, the length of the sword wasn''t enough to hit his intended targets "well sorry about that, I'll try again later" he told them as he kept his sword and his stance in a defensive mode.

@Dazia @Vigilon

• ID: 90841
  • BD: 2 [fail] Tsumuji Guruma 
  • - 2 energy

Dazia: HP 80/80, EP 8/8 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit.

Crozeph: HP 320/320, EP 30/32 | 9 DMG | 16 Mit.

Enemies:

Nepent 1: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 2: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 3: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 4: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 5: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Nepent 6: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Edited by Crozeph
ID number added

(OOC: I'm guessing Dazia will, since she spawned them.)

Vigilon remembered this forest, but were nepents uncommon? He still had yet to see one, but then again, he was in a bit of a rush when he was exploring the forest, so he could have easily missed one. These "nepents'...what were they exactly? His question was answered by the game, for six strange plants emerged from the overgrowth, nasty pieces of work they were. Now that he saw them, he did remember possibly seeing one, but he probably guessed it was part of the native flora in the forest. Heck, when he heard that this quest had monsters, he was thinking monsters with flesh and bone and such, not...plants. Dazia noted that they didn't find the nepents, rather the nepents found them. "So, hold on, these revolting plants are nepents?" Crozeph remarked that the nepents must be hot-blooded and eager. "...I'm starting to wonder, is this merely a coincidence, or is this kind of thing the reason why Stryder calls me 'Boar Bait'?" Vigilon drew his blade when Crozeph's attack failed to land. "Guess I'll give it a go, then." Vigilon rushed for the group of nepents, striking four of them down with the Rage Spike sword art. "Four down, two to go."

@Dazia @Crozeph

ID# 90846 BD: 7+1=8(Hit)

Rage Spike- 6*2 + AoE: Nepents 1-4 take 12 Damage

[1] Vigilon: HP 240/240, EP 25/29 | 6 DMG | 9 Mit. | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Nepent 1: HP 0/10

Nepent 2: HP 0/10

Nepent 3: HP 0/10

Nepent 4: HP 0/10

Nepent 5: HP 10/10

Nepent 6: HP 10/10

Edited by Vigilon

Crozeph said that the nepents seem to be hot-blooded, and quite eager to meet them(obviously for worse). He also added "No flower necklace while we're at it", at which Dazia reacted to with, "Flower necklace!? Pah! Like I would be one of those girls!" Vigilon then asked whether this moment was a convenience, or if it was the reason for someone named Stryder to call him "Boar Bait". At first, she tried suppressing a smile, but that broke down quickly. "Pffft....'Boar Bait'?" It was absurd, ridiculous, and hilarious, actually. Crozeph attempted an attack, but the attack failed to reach the enemy. Vigilon attacked the nepents with the Rage Spike sword art, taking out four nepents. Now there were two left. Dazia decided to refrain from combat just a bit further. Should they be in for a longer fight soon, Dazia would not like to end up as a popular target. However, now it was the nepents' turn to strike. The two nepents both tried to attack Vigilon, but both ended up tripping on each others' tentacle-like roots.

@Crozeph @Vigilon

[Dazia takes no action]

ID# 90868 Mob: 1(Critical fail)

ID# 90869 Mob: 2-1=1(Miss)

[1] Vigilon: HP 240/240, EP 25/29 | 6 DMG | 9 Mit. | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Nepent 5: HP 10/10

Nepent 6: HP 10/10

Edited by Dazia

Crozeph dashed forward again as he saw Vigilon deal with the Nepents and killed a lot, which was what he intended but Vigilon did it flawlessly. Two more Nepents and they'll be good to go after those are dealt with. he moved in and tried to unleash an AoE attack on the last two, decreasing the numbers mean lessening the damage that they are about to receive plus it only uses a little of his energy. Crozeph drew his sword and spun on his heels but this time, he calculated enough for his to reach the nepents. It was swift and quick and it seems like he landed a critical blow. Crozeph regained balance and sheathed his sword before the nepents exploded into shards of data, his part was done and he at least helped "I got lucky this time" he told them. Crozeph placed his left hand on the hilt of his katana "well the fight isn't over yet I guess? better keep on guard at all times here" he uttered. The forest was always dangerous, everything looked alike just like the plants and monster plants as he would call them but for now, they're good to go.

@Dazia @Vigilon

• ID: 90874
  • BD: 10 [critical success]
  • 9 + 2 critical = 11 x 1Tsumuji Guruma = 11 AoE damage

Crozeph: HP 320/320, EP 28/32 | 9 DMG | 16 Mit.

[1] Vigilon: HP 240/240, EP 25/29 | 6 DMG | 9 Mit. | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Nepent 5: HP 0/10 dead

Nepent 6: HP 0/10 dead

(OOC: I feel like finishing this wave, so I'll just go ahead and spawn the wave's variant.)

Vigilon sighed when Dazia laughed(Or at least, almost laughed) at the fact that he was called boar bait by someone. "It was going to happen at some point..." He guessed. Crozeph finished off the last two nepents, and Vigilon asked, "Right then, is the item we're looking for seldom dropped, or it it a specific nepent that we are looking for?" The game answered his question...again. From behind, he heard some noise. He turned to see another one of the suckers, but there was a red bulb on it's head. The bulb opened up, revealing it to apparently be a flower. "I'm guessing that's the one." The Variant attacked Crozeph, but the damage was mitigated to 1. Vigilon took the opportunity, and attacked with the Vertical Arc sword art. The nepent shattered, but the loot menu didn't pop up. "Huh. Guess that's not the target after all..." The fight was just beginning.

@Dazia @Crozeph

(OOC: Welp, no quest item. That means we're on to wave 2...)

ID# 90893 Mob: 6(Hit)

ID# 90894 BD: 8+1=9(Hit) CD: 8(Recovered 2 Energy)

ID# 90895 LD: 9+1=10(Failed, no loot from target)

Vertical Arc- 6*4-5=19

[2] Crozeph: HP 319/320, EP 28/32 | 9 DMG | 16 Mit.

[2] Vigilon: HP 240/240, EP 24/29 | 6 DMG | 9 Mit. | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Nepent Variant: HP 0/15, 10 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Crozeph finished off the last two nepents, but something wasn't right...wasn't there supposed to be something dropped by a single nepent at the very least? Then a nepent with a red floral bulb on it's head emerged from the overgrowth behind the players, and Vigilon saw fit to take it out with a sword art. Upon doing so, however, there was nothing dropped by that either. "What I'm guessing, is that those slightly different nepents carry the target item, but the item is not often dropped. We may be facing more than we originally thought..." Well, the nepents came sooner than expected, and Dazia began to think that this may wind up as an ambush combined with an onslaught, until the item was dropped...maybe, that was only Dazia just guessing. The nepents advanced toward the players. The nepents split into two trios, and each trio ganged up on Crozeph and Vigilon. Not a single nepent saw Dazia as a threat just yet, so now was the opportunity to strike. Dazia swung her blade at one of the nepents attacking Crozeph, dealing damage. The damage was almost a quarter of it's HP. "Please tell me this won't escalate to an onslaught or anything."

@Crozeph @Vigilon

ID# 90898 Mob: 1(Critical Fail)

ID# 90899 Mob: 6(Hit)

ID# 90900 Mob: 3(Miss)

ID# 90901 Mob: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

ID# 90902 Mob: 7-1=6(Hit)

ID# 90903 Mob: 2-1=1(Miss)

ID# 90905 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

[1] Dazia: HP 80/80, EP 7/8 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit.

[2] Crozeph: HP 318/320, EP 28/32 | 9 DMG | 16 Mit.

[2] Vigilon: HP 238/240, EP 24/29 | 6 DMG | 9 Mit. | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Nepent 1: HP 16/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 2: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 3: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 4: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 5: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 6: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Edited by Dazia