[PP-F1] Nepents in The Forest <<Secret Medicine of The Forest>>

Battle Healing [gained +6 HP]

Crozeph winced as the nepents attacked him, it was not that hard but it sure hurt "this isn't going to leave a mark right?" he asked the two. Crozeph moved forward and began to use his sword art again "I'm not sure if this skill can kill anyone of the nepents but I'll try" he thought for a secon. Crozeph moved closer to the nepents and tried to attack them. His katana moved fast but once again since Crozeph doesn't use AoE sword arts much, he missed his attack. Crozeph moved back and sheathe his sword "I guess I'm not much of use for now" he told them "don't worry I won't be trying to hit all of them at once next time" he added. Crozeph kept his eyes on the opponent "at least I've got all their attention, do your best to get them" he uttered as he kept his left hand on the katana's hilt.

@Dazia @Vigilon

• ID: 91009
  • BD: 2 [fail]

[1] Dazia: HP 80/80, EP 7/8 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit.

[2] Crozeph: HP 324/320, EP 24/32 | 9 DMG | 16 Mit.

[2] Vigilon: HP 238/240, EP 24/29 | 6 DMG | 9 Mit. | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Nepent 1: HP 16/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 2: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 3: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 4: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 5: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Nepent 6: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Vigilon took two hits from the nepents, and he managed to avoid one of them. "Alright, you want a fight? I'll give you one!" He readied his sword art, Vertical square, and cut down four of the nepents with this area of effect attack. "That'll teach you." He turned to the others. Crozeph had missed his attack, while Dazia made her first hit on the enemy. She had good reason to now, since Vigilon now had the plants' attention for certain. "Four down, two to go!" Sure, right now, it seemed like this was a piece of cake, but that was combat-wise. Quest-wise, on the other hand, it would depend on how lucky they would be upon killing the second target. "I'm starting to think they're coming in waves. If that's true, they'll just get harder and harder to kill until we get the item...hopefully we won't get swarmed or overwhelmed..."

@Dazia @Crozeph

ID# 91109 BD: 7+1=8(Hit) CD: 11(Recovered 2 energy)

Vertical Square- 6*4 + AoE: Nepents 3-6 take 24 Damage

[1] Dazia: HP 80/80, EP 7/8

[2] Crozeph: HP 324/320, EP 24/32

[3] Vigilon: HP 238/240, EP 19/29

Enemies:

Nepent 1: HP 16/20

Nepent 2: HP 20/20

Nepent 3: HP 0/20

Nepent 4: HP 0/20

Nepent 5: HP 0/20

Nepent 6: HP 0/20

Edited by Vigilon

Crozeph asked if the attack on him was going to leave a mark. Frankly, the answer was obvious. "It'll probably be a temporary red mark placed where you took damage. I'm sure it will be gone once you heal or something." He missed. Again. He seemed to be having problems trying to get a hit at multiple enemies, but with little to no success. Meanwhile, Vigilon attacked with Vertical Square, a sword art that blasted four of the nepents to nothing with a burst of energy. "Perhaps you might want to up your game a little, it seems that Vigilon's doing all the work here!" He definitely had the remaining two nepents' attention, that was also clear. The nepents turned their attention away from Crozeph and headed over towards Vigilon. One successfully attacked him, while the other tripped on it's roots and fell over. Dazia rushed over to attack the one that successfully struck Vigilon.

@Crozeph @Vigilon

ID# 91181 Mob: 8-1=7(Hit)

ID# 91182 Mob: 1(Critical Fail)

ID# 91183 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

[2] Dazia: HP 80/80, EP 7/8

[2] Crozeph: HP 324/320, EP 24/32

[3] Vigilon: HP 238/240, EP 19/29

Enemies:

Nepent 1: HP 12/20

Edited by Dazia

Crozeph smiled at the mention of him messing up and Vigilon doing all the work "well I guess I'm not myself today, sorry about that" he told her. Crozeph dashed forward and tried to kill the second nepent remaining with his sword art but as he drew near to the nepent, he quickly hesitated and dodged some dangling vines and avoided the nepents, going past through them. Crozeph used his sword to stop himself from sliding away further and he messed up again "good thing Vigilon is here" he told them "I seem to have difficulty on the length of my sword in this area" he added. Crozeph was conscious of how to slice at the nepents, one wrong swing can lead to him messing up or getting countered by them plus he can't just slash away like a mad man, he was precise and he wants his blow to land clean, it's either mess up or land a clean hit. 

@Dazia @Vigilon

• ID: 91256
  • BD: 2 [ dice cruelty]
  • no damage

[2] Crozeph: HP 324/320, EP 22/32

[3] Vigilon: HP 238/240, EP 19/29

Enemies:

This fight was going almost smoothly, at the expense of his energy. Good thing he had the energist skill. He turned and saw how the fight was going to see one nepent strike him, but with little success as the damage was mitigated to one. He heard the others talk about Crozeph's current lack of success, as well as the fact that Vigilon seemed to be doing all the work. "Hey now, I know I've been the one beating the crap out of these plants, but there's no need to give me all the credit! We're all pitching in on this fight, aren't we?" However, that was easier said than proven. It was Vigilon's turn to make a move, and he would have to decide carefully on how he would proceed. Either he could try another Area of effect attack, or he could conserve his energy with a typical attack, hoping that the recovery enhancements would kick in. Honestly, Vigilon wanted this fight over with, but he now thought that he swung too early, thus he missed the two nepents in his attempt of Vertical Square. "Well, that worked." He had only but to count on the others this time.

@Dazia @Crozeph

(OOC: It's ok, Crozeph, the Dice can be cruel to me too.)

ID# 91313 BD: 3+1=4

Vertical Square-Failed!

[3] Vigilon: HP 238/240, EP 18/29

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

Dazia wondered, why ever would one have difficulty on a katana's length in a specific area? A dagger she could understand, but a katana? That is, unless he was always acting too early...like Vigilon wound up doing after he said not to give him all the credit. "I don't see how I can anymore now that your streak of flawless hits have ended..." She said with a smirk on her face. She decided not to take any action, seeing as that might cause her to have the attention of the nepents, which will have her targeted as a result. She waited for the nepents to make their move, and after that she would make hers, after the others made their moves first, so that her next move wouldn't be a problem causing the nepents to attack her. The two nepents rushed for Vigilon, one succeeding, the other not.

@Crozeph @Vigilon

ID# 91314 Mob: 2-1=1(Miss)

ID# 91315 Mob: 8-1=7(Hit)

[Dazia takes no Action]

Enemies:

Edited by Dazia

Crozeph sighed, it was just rare for him to be inefficient of his weapon, after all, he reached an expert on it. He tried to assess his errors "maybe I'm just being hesitant on striking with great force" he muttered before charging in at the second nepent. Crozeph lowered his sword as he moved in and with a great force put in his next attack, Crozeph was expecting to hit his target. He swung his sword upward hoping to chop off the head of the nepent he targeted. It looked liked unfortunate or stupidity but Crozeph's attack missed by a few inches away from the nepent. The force he also invested on the attack threw him off balance. Crozeph wobbled on his feet and tried to gain back his stance from before "now that I didn't hesitate I messed up, where should I place myself!?" he scowled with annoyance one would rarely hear from him. Crozeph raised his sword on shoulder level, keeping himself calm as he tries to cook up something to finish off the nepent.

@Dazia @Vigilon

• ID: 91337
  • BD: 4 [fail]

(ooc: how come this thread gets bad rolls from me?!)

[2] Crozeph: HP 324/320, EP 20/32

Enemies:

Edited by Crozeph

(OOC: Idk Crozeph, but on the bright side, you're still getting SP from this thread.)

With the fight going as smoothly as it could possibly be with Dazia not taking an action, and Crozeph still hadn't been able to make a scratch on a single enemy at all, this really did look like Vigilon was doing all the work. He also began feeling sorry for Crozeph in the sense that he could hardly land a hit. Could this be similar to the frustrating time with the Dark Elf back when he and Dazia were taking the quest <<Worn out Welcome>>, in the sense that at least one player had a miss streak?. "If nobody minds, I'll try to get this over with." Vigilon readied his sword, then tried using Vertical Square again. Sure enough, the two nepents shattered after they were struck by the energy burst. "Done and done... So now, either we just wait for the weirder nepent to show up, or we look for it, right?" If the nepents really were coming in waves, it should show up any moment now.

@Dazia @Crozeph

ID# 91382 BD: 9(Critical, +1 base DMG)

Vertical Square- 7*4 + AoE: Nepents 1 and 2 take 28 Damage

[5] Vigilon: HP 238/240, EP 11/29

Enemies:

Nepent 1: HP 0/20

Nepent 2: HP 0/20

Edited by Vigilon

It seemed that Crozeph guessed that he might have been hesitant, and tried striking without hesitation. Still no luck apparently. Vigilon then saw fit to finish off the nepents. "Well, this is turning out to be one heck of an experience." A friend who is constantly missing in a quest, again, not to mention that the enemies were coming in waves, and finally, only a specific kind could be capable of dropping a required item! There was some rustling noises from the overgrowth again, and Dazia turned around to see a nepent with a floral bulb on it's head. It was another variant. Hopefully, this one would drop the target item. The variant turned it's attention to Vigilon. Dazia knew nothing about if these creatures had expressions, but it certainly seemed peeved by how it attacked Vigilon. With what seemed like a vengeful strike, a critical hit was scored on Vigilon, dealing a bit of damage. It must have been unmitigated, from what Dazia could guess. Dazia attacked as well, but it turned out that she should have used a sword art, for this one seemed to have mitigation of it's own. How frustrating.

@Crozeph @Vigilon

ID# 91414 Mob: 10(Critical, +2 DMG [Damage is not mitigated!])

ID# 91415 BD: 7+1=8(Hit)

[3] Dazia: HP 80/80, EP 7/8

[5] Vigilon: HP 226/240, EP 11/29

Enemies:

Nepent Variant: HP 24/25, 10 DMG, 5 Mit.

Edited by Dazia
  • 2 weeks later...

(ooc: I'm starting to get annoyed with the battle dice in this thread)

Crozeph saw that Vigilon finished the other nepents, he was frustated by that also. Crozeph has never been this inefficient in battle, what he lacked in damage as a DPS was compensated by his precision in battle. He moved in and tried to attack the Nepent Variant, hoping that his next attack would actually slice at the monster. Crozeph landed his katana at the monster but as it seems, his blade just slipped at the monster's body. Crozeph tumble down and quickly rolled away from the monster. As he stood up, he began to swing his sword wildly around him "what the hell is wrong today!"  he thought. Crozeph then calmed himself down, he just need to let out some steam he accumulated from not hitting anything, until now.

@Dazia @Vigilon

• ID:91934
  • BD: 3 [fail] [why am I not surprised?]

[5] Vigilon: HP 226/240, EP 11/29

Enemies:

Nepent Variant: HP 24/25, 10 DMG, 5 Mit.

Clearly, the Variant was not hesitant to show up, and the first thing it wanted was a blow of vengeance. Vigilon was knocked to the nearest tree, the blow seemed to pierce through his light armor, and once Vigilon looked at his HP... Well, he guessed it was a crit, but for this much damage... "What the hey??" Shouldn't the damage have been mitigated or something? Did this mob have some kind of "Pierce" ability? That question would have to be answered later. He readied his sword art, Vertical Arc, and attacked the variant nepent. The monster's HP dropped down to the red. It wasn't dead yet, but it would soon. He had no clue as to why Crozeph's previous attack still missed, and hoped that this miss streak would end for the poor guy. Honestly, right now, Vigilon wanted to get this over with now, and finish this quest so they would have nothing to worry about for the rest of the day.

@Dazia @Crozeph

ID# 92004 BD: 5+1=6(Hit) CD: 9(Recovered 2 Energy)

Vertical Arc- 6x4-5=19

[6] Vigilon: HP 226/240, EP 10/29

Enemies:

Nepent Variant: HP 5/25

Edited by Vigilon

Crozeph attempted to attack the nepent variant, but once again there was no result besides failure. "Well, he seems to be having an off day..." Vigilon seemed to have some disbelief in this newly discovered ability that the nepent variant had. It was ready to strike again, and Dazia had a thought on how to approach the enemy. The nepent variant attempted to attack Vigilon, but missed. Unfortunately, Dazia did not expect the nepent variant to back up, and she ended up tripping over one of it's roots. "How humiliating... Next time I have a chance to strike, I will strike it down. If not, the next nepent I see is dead." She looked over to Vigilon. "Right, I'm not having the best of luck either. Could one of you mow this thing down?" She wanted this nepent dead, she was aggravated at the poor luck that had struck the three players at different times during this trip, and she wanted to get this quest over with.

@Crozeph @Vigilon

ID# 92009 Mob: 3-1=2(Miss)

ID# 92010 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

Rip Ravine: Missed!

[3] Dazia: HP 80/80, EP 6/8

Enemies:

Nepent Variant: HP 5/25

Edited by Dazia

Crozeph charged at the Nepent again, he was already annoyed by how everything turns out really bad for him. Crozeph planted his foot and tried to aim at one of its vines just so he can help. Unfortunately his attack didn't connect, his swing was still a few inches shorter to reach the vine. Because of the force he put in his attack, Crozeph threw himself off balance as the momentum of his swing wasn't broken. Crozeph landed on his back, frustrated. The monster was fodder for someone like him but still he misses and always get unfortunate and annoying results. He stood up and jumped back holding his sword with both hands, he needs to stay calm now that the monster is already down to its last few hit points.

• ID: 92117
  • BD: 1 [another one]

Enemies:

Nepent Variant: HP 5/25

Best he try a slightly weaker Sword Art to finish this thing off, assuming he can hit it. He rushed for his foe and attacked with Snake Bite. The monster shattered, but nothing was dropped... "Oh, come on! Another time, it was just the fact that we kept missing the target, now, we can't get ANYTHING from these freakish plants! Is this some sort of bad luck curse we're under or something?" It was annoying, frustrating, and more that the three couldn't get their hands on a certain item. This sucked, and chances were it could get worse than the Dark Elf. Missing a foe constantly, but eventually defeating it was one thing, but killing more than one target, and still being empty-handed, this was another thing. "Hey, exactly what is the rate of rarely dropped items in this game? 'Cause right now, I'm thinking I should have brought something, at least a consumable, that would help with the looting issue!"

@Dazia @Crozeph

ID# 92288 BD: 6+1=7(Hit) CD: 10(Recovered 2 energy)

Snake Bite- 6x3-5=13

ID# 92289 LD: 2+1=3(Failed)

(OOC: Dang it!)

[7] Vigilon: HP 226/240, EP 10/29

Enemies:

Nepent Variant: HP 0/25

Edited by Vigilon