[F1-pp] Plucking even bigger flowers <<Secret medicine of the Forest>> (with Saphira) COMPLETE

Spoiler

<<Secret Medicine Of The Forest>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1
This quest is not repeatable

Little_Nepent.png

On the first floor, player are given a quest that introduces them to 'Field Bosses'. The quest states that a small village is in need of a medicine, <Little Nepent's Ovule>, which is dropped by a special variant of the mob, Nepent. The players who partake in the quest, must slay normal Nepents until a 'Variant Nepent' spawns. The Nepents spawn in the wooded area on floor 1.

The nepents stand at around a meter and a half tall. Its lower body consists mostly of countless roots that it uses to move around. It has two arm-like vines with pointed leaves attached to either side of its body, just above the roots. The center of its head holds a wide red mouth with viscous liquids dribbling out of it as it opens and shuts.

The variant has a red bulb on top of it's 'head' which reveals to be a giant red flower. Or it's decorated with fruit. Either way, it's the same as its counterpart in shape, size, and strength.

Completion Requirements:

- 20 Posts Minimum.
-Must defeat 2 Nepents per player.
- Nepent Variant must be defeated.

Nepent Information:

HP: 7
Mitigation: 0
Damage: 3

2 Nepents spawn for each player in the participating party.

Nepent Variant Information:
Nepent Variant is a Quest Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 15
Mitigation: 5
Damage: 10
Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10

Drops the quest item <Nepent's Ovule> on an LD roll of 18-20, failure will have you fight the normal Nepents again until another Variant spawns.

Rewards:

Anneal Blade: A Sword that has the enchantment '+1 Damage' (Sword has 1 base, and 1 extra damage)
1 Skill Point

Hei was wandering around, enjoying the easy life on floor one, where had to do nothing more than open his Shop every other day and maybe help out some new players. He wasn't a specially great player himself, but he was close to grand mastering his Weapon skill and would start with some utility skills from there on. One of those newer players he was helping was Saphira, who he had met down on this floor and who had been adventuring with him two times y now. As Hei was sure she should be strong enough to learn a little bit of fighting, he had looked for a low level Quest that involved killing something and he had been successful with his task. Once he had heard of a small village on the first floor, that needed some rare medicine, that could just be gained by killing special mobs, he had accepted it and was about to invite Saphira to take this adventure with him.

Opening his menu, he did two things with not much time between them, first he sent a message to Saphira, telling her that he had an adventure waiting for her and then changing his equipment, as he wouldn't need his armour for these mobs.

Dear @Saphira I have figured you'd like to join me on an adventure. If you are willing to learn how to fight, come to the small village near the forest (east of the town) and bring your fighting gear.

OOC: Equipped the Harbingers Cloak, unequipped the Armour
-3 EVA
+3 LD

Edited by Hei

Saphira was wandering around in the town of beginning as she got a message from Hei who wrote, If she want to learn how to fight she should come to a small village in the east near the forest with her fighting gear. She closed her menu and looked down on herself - Armour, check. Frost dagger, check. Fearless wings che- no, not check. - Saphira opened her menu again and took the fearless wings on - Now I have wings on my arms and at my back - she thought smiling and closed the menu. She walked through the town to the east gate. She looked to the forest - Behind the forest must be the village - with this thoughts she start walking to the village. After ten minutes she reached the forest and started to walk around it. On her way she looked at the landscape, at one side grew the forest, at the other side was the meadow. - It´s a cloudy day again - she thought as she looked up to the sky - I should hurry up, I don´t want to let Hei wait to long - with this she started walking faster and soon she reached the small village near the forest.

After a short wait he used to get used to the small village, he knew his way around here, he had learned that there was a small tavern even with vacancy and a little coffee shop where he took a seat and had some strawberry cake, while he let his gaze wander upon the land. It took Saphira a while, but then he could see her quickly approaching the small village. So when he had finished the cake and Saphira had finally arrived Hei walked over to her and welcomed her "Hi, nice to see you again. As messaged you, this time we will be fighting, just so you can learn how it is properly done. Besides that, we are looking for some rare medicine one of the kids needs to get better." With a wide gesture Hei pointed at the forest and took out his spear. "This is where we are going to find the Nepents we will have to hunt down. Just so you know, Nepents are big living plants, and there is a variety within them, so we are searching for the ones that either have a flower on top or are decorated with fruit."

As Saphira reached the small village, Hei told her what the two of them have to do. While talking about some living plants the have to kill he took out his spear and pointed at the forest. After Hei ended talkin, Saphira said - Nice to see you too. - and took also out her weapon and looked at the forest. It was dark forest, with dark trees which had a big treetop who nearly let no light through to the ground. The whole forest looked scary. She followed Hei as he walked to the forest. - This forest lookes like the kind of fores, if you enter them you will never see the light again. - She said and looked into the forest. - Do you know how strong these plants are? It´s not like I am scared, it´s just, that I want to know how often I have to hit them. - She asked Hei and followed him into the forest.

It was as it always was when he met Saphira, both of them were happy to see each other and it didn't take long before Saphira started asking questions. - She is so curious and I don't think she'll like my answer very much, but I can't change the fact that I have never been here before - So Hei answered her question, telling her, that he had never been in the forest before and that he did not know how strong those plat things were, but that they probably wouldn't be a problem. Then he asked "Well, as I believe, you want to have some training, so I'll let you do some of the fighting, as I think there wouldn't be much of them left, if I used my real power. Is this ok with you?"

After waiting for her to answer, Hei walked into the forest, eager to start their training and indeed it wasn't hard to find the first few of these living plants. When the nearly one and a half meter big nepents strolled in from all sides, surrounding them, Hei held his spear in a pose that would trigger a swordskill and waited for the weapon to start glowing. Then he released it and the system took charge, making his body move so he would stab one of the nepents two times. While doing this, he explained to Saphira "You see, there are poses you can do, that trigger your swordskills, you can either look them up in the menu, but you will feel when you're doing it right, then the weapon will glow. When you release a swordskill, the computer system will make you do what the swordart is, like moving so quick, you normally wouldn't be able to." Just when he had finished telling her this, the nepent he had hit exploded into pixels, while the other three tried to hit him with their whip like tentacles, but Hei quickly parried them with his spear.

Spoiler

ID# 88409
Battle: 9 -> crit -> 8+1 DMG * 2 = 18 DMG -> 0/7 HP Nepent 1 -> dead

roll for all four atttacks:
ID# 88410
Mob: 1 -> fail -> no damage

--- Stats ---

Hei: 400/400 HP | 38/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 2
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 8/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate:
Nepent 1: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG   Dead
Nepent 2: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG
Nepent 3: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG
Nepent 4: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Hei

While Hei attacs the first nepent, he told her, that ther was a pose which would trigger the swordskills, if she has the right pose she would feel it and her weapon would start to glow. Then Hei hit his enemy and the nepent exploded into pixels. Saphira tries to hold her dagger like Hei held his weapon, then she waited for her dagger to start glowing. But the dagger didn´t start to glow, and the pose didn´t feel right for a dagger fight, But now she couldn´t took another pose, so she tries to hit the nepent without a glowing dagger. Then she took a step forward and tries to hit the nepent, but the nepent was faster and jumped out of her range. - Damn it! It looked so easy as you did it. - she said  a little bit frustrated - I am sure, that I will hit them next time. -

Spoiler

ID# 88435
Battle: 4 -> didn´t hit the nepent

---Stats---

Hei: 400/400 HP | 38/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 2
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 7/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 1
Nepent 1: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead
Nepent 4: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Saphira

After killing the first nepent Hei turned around to have a look at Saphira and what he saw looked quite funny. She was standing there, infront of a nepent and held her dager over her right shoulder as if she was holding a spear. He was just about to tell her, that she had to find the pose that fits the daggr style, when she jumped forwards, slashing at the nepent without activating a swordskill at all. When it dodged her attack and she said that it looked so easy when he was doing it, Hei had to laught. "Of course it looks easy when I do the fighting. I am a more or less high level player and besides that, I wear this pendent of an dragon eye, that enhances my abliliy to hit by working as a kind of guiding system for the swordskills. " While he told her about this, he jumped over to the nepent that had just stepped back from Saphiras attack and simply stabbed with the spear at it. Just before the spear connects with the planty mosnter, it gangs up with it's friends and all three of them whip their tentacles at Hei, damaging him way harder than he had thought, but it still wasn't dangerous for him. Then the spear dug into the nepent and it exploded into pixels.

Spoiler

ID# 88468
Battle: 8 -> hit -> 8 DMG -> dead

Nepents attack:
ID# 88469
Mob: 10 -> critical hits -> 3+2 = 5 DMG -> 5*3 = 15 DMG to Hei

Hei: 385/400 HP | 38/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 3
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 7/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 0
Nepent 2: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead
Nepent 4: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG

OOC: wenn du verfehlst verbrauchst du 2 Energie und in der nächsten Runde regenerierst du erst ein energie und verbrauchst dann das was dein angriff braucht

Edited by Hei

Hei told her that he was more or less a high level player, and bacause of that and the dragon eye, fighting was easier for him then for Saphira. After he told her that he jumped to the nepent which Saphira didn´t hit and punched with his spearafter the nepent. The other two nepents ran to their friend and whipped with their tentacles after him. Saphira took a pose which felt good for a dagger attack - maby this will be a success - . After a few seconds, her dagger starts to glow, but as she ran forward and tries to hit the plant monster she missed it. As she noticed it she jumped immediately back and asked Hei - Are you okay? The hits seemed to be hard - . Worried she looked at him - I know he has a higher level than me, and he is also obviously stronger than me, but still I am worried. - . Then she looked again at the plant monsters.

Spoiler

ID# 88472
Battle: 1 -> didn´t hit the nepent

--Stats--
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 5/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate:
Nepent 1: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead

Edited by Saphira

After he had been attacked by the at this time remaining three nepents, just before he killed a second one, Hei looked over to Saphira and saw, that she had found one of the trigger poses for her kind of fighting. The pose looked way more agile, than what he was using, and he hoped that she would hit, but instead the glowing blow just hit the thin air. When she then jumped back and asked him, if everything was alright. - She is such a nice girl, caring about me, even though we aren't much more than strangers. But I like that she isn't selfish, so I will help her becoming so powerful, she can actually do something for those she cares about. - Hei thought, while he aimed at the next Nepent, that was getting to close to Saphira. His spear began to glow, as Hei activated the weakest swordskill he knew and when he came close to the nepent, that ran at him, he simply slashed his spear through it and it exploded, then he turned to Saphira and said "Everything's alright. those mobs aren't dangerous for me."

Spoiler

ID# 88709
Battle: 8 -> hit -> 8x1 DMG -> dead

Mob attack (one throw for all)
ID# 88711
Mob: 3 -> miss

--Stats--
Hei: 385/400 HP | 38/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 4
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 5/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate:
Nepent 3: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead

Edited by Hei

After she asked Hei the question, he killed another nepent. And as he turned around to her he said he was alright, Saphira smiled as she heared that. Then she looked at the last living nepent, which stood a few meters behind Hei. - You won´t hit him - thought Saphira grimly took another fighting pose in. After a few seconds her dagger begun to glow and Saphira start running. As she reached the nepent, she slashed with her dagger twice through his body - Finally I hit one of this plants - . Saphira looked happy at what she had done - Finally - she said with a bright smile to Hei. Saphira jumped again out of the range of the nepent and looked at Hei - I am glad, that you help me to become stronger - she smiled - I know you are stronger than me, and I am happy, that you let me have a chance to hit them too - .

Spoiler

ID# 88853
Battle: 7 -> hit
use 5 Energy for Side Bite (2x1 - stun)

--Stats--
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 1/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate:
Nepent 4: 1/7 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Saphira

When Saphira attacked the last Nepent, her dagger dug deep into it and it lost nearly all of it's HP, but it still didn't die. When Hei came closer, he saw that besides being nearly dead the Nepent had the stunned condition, so it wouldn't be able to move. He came closer and tightened his grip of the spear, so his chuckles would be seen white, then he just stabbed it without using a swordskill at all and the poor mob exploded. "Looks like we're done with these ones. Next we have to search for a variant of them, that looks a little different and kill it. Should we start searching, or would you like to regain some energy before we fight the next one?" he asked Saphira, as he remembered how hard it was to manage the pretty low amount of energy one had on the lower levels. - I wonder how much stronger the variant form of those monsters is, as they usually are a bigger tread than the typical mob. -

Spoiler

Hei's attack:
ID# 88857
Battle: 7+3 = 10 -> hit -> dead

Nepent does not attack (stunned)

@Saphira
--Stats--
Hei: 385/400 HP | 38/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 0
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 1/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 0
Nepent 4: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

- A short break sounds good - she said and took a deap breath, then she took a seat on the moss-grown ground and looked, proud of her work at Hei - Do you know how strong the other plant monsters are? You said there were two types of plant monsters which we would fight. - . Sitting on the ground she looked up to him - His level is higher than mine, so he has more energy than me still I can ask him, alone by courtesy - - Do you need a breake too? - Saphira looked again at Hei, then she looked up to the treetops, closed her eyes and enjoyed the soft breeze. - I am happy, that I didn´t have to do this quest alone, together it is easier and it makes also fun - she smiled happy. After some time she opened her eyes again and looked at Hei - Just say, if you want to search for the next nepents. - whaiting for his answere she took another deep breath of the air.

@Hei

It was good to hear, that Saphira took his advice to have a short break for her energy to charge and that she wasn't that kind of person who would just run into battle with low energy. So when she sat down in the moss, Hei was standing there, having a look at their surroundings, when she asked him about the variant nepent and if he knew how strong it would be. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but even with my experience I don't know how much stronger they would be, but I bet they are stronger than the others and maybe they have a special ability. But you don't have to worry, I'll keep you save no matter what happens." with this said he sat down besides his friend and closed his eyes, ignoring her asking if he needed a break as well.

After some time she told him, that he would be the one deciding when to look for the next Nepents and so he had a look at her energy and saw, that it still was pretty low. "I's ok, I'll just use the chance to look for some materials, while we wait for your energy to recharge, it's not as if we had a time limit on the quest." and to enhance his words, he walked around a little and had a look if he could find something of interest, but there wasn't anything close by.

Spoiler

ID# 89332
Loot: 9+3 = 12 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei
  • 3 weeks later...

To her question, about how strong the other nepents are he couldn´t give a answere to her, but he safeguarded her to protect her. - I hope this monsters are not that strong, that he has to protect me. But I am glad that he say, that ther is nothing I should worry about. - she thought and looked at Hei as he talked to her again. He said, that he would use the chance to search some materials. Saphira looked at him as he walked around and looked for something. Saphira looked up again - Without the nepents this is a really nice place. It is silent, the only thin you can hear are the birds and the wind in the treetops - she smiled - I think I could also look around a little bit - . Saphira regarded the clearing. Ther were some green fern plants and a few bushes, Saphira switched the dagger with Mister CrawCraw and looked at the bushes, but she couldn´t find something. She took place again at the clearing.
@Hei

Spoiler

ID#90072
Loot: 8+1 -> found nothing

Edited by Saphira
  • 2 weeks later...

As Hei was looking back towards Saphira, he was that she was smiling, while she took out the plush raven he had made for her and began to gather on herown. - Nice, so we can just walk around and gather a little before we start fighting again.- he thought and himself looked to find some more that he could use later when he was back at his shop. He leaned down over some fallen tree and looked into a narrow hole, in hope to fins something of use, but instead a small animal rushed out and hissed at him. Stumbling back, he sceamed "Aaahhh!" and fell to the ground, just to see some kind of squirrel jump over him and disappear into the canvas of the surounding trees.

As he was looking up into the trees, he saw nothing much more than the squirrel jumoing around and the leaves waving in the soft breeze that ruffled his hair and he thought that it was a super nice day to be outside. Then he walked back to Saphira and said: "Hey, I think your energy should be recharged soon, could you go and have a look for the secial Nepent we are lookign for. You don't have to fight it, just find it."

Spoiler

ID# 90548
Loot: 10+3 -> 13 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

Saphira jumped up as she heared a scream and looked alarmed around. At the first sight she saw nothing dangerous, then she saw Hei, leying on the ground, why was he laying on the ground? She took out her dagger and came closer as she saw a squirrel, which was jumping away. She brathe a sigh of relife and came closer. Hei stood up and walked back to her and begun to talk. He said, that her energy would be recharged soon and that she could look around for the special nepent. He accented, that she don´t has to fight it, she should just look for it. Saphira nodded and walked to the edge of the clearing and into the forest. She looked at the ground, searching for something like spoors. After some time she found something which makes her more watchful. The ground looked like someone ripped roots out of it, it looked exactly like the part at the clearing were the nepents stood. - Hei - she mumbled and looked back, as she couldn´t see him she walked back ´til she saw him again - I´ve found something. - she said and walked careful back to the place where she had found the spoors.

It seemed that Saphira was ready for another fight, as she walked away, looking for the Variant Nepent they would have to fight next. Hei was using the short time she would need to find the monster to stretch and do a little bit of training with his spear, before he would have to fight. Somewhere he heard a quiet sound, so he built up tension and moved towards it, which was when Saphira appeared and told him that she had found something. "Ok, I'll have a look. You can follow me, and just in case there is more that this one to fight, be ready to use your dagger" With these words he followed her over to where she had found the marks on the ground and he tightened the grip on his spear.
When he walked a little further, he heard a sound and shortly after he saw a Nepent fully covered in fruit.
- This looks like a special one, I hope it has the medicine we need to get - Hei thought, while he already charged his spear with energy. The spooky green light that his spear emitted made everything look pale, but not for long, as the weapon rapidly zigzagging forwards, pushing away the Nepents roots and hitting it into it's heart. The monster instantly blew up into green and blue pixels, fading away without dropping the medicine they were looking for. Hei saw that nothing had dropped, turned to Saphira and told her  "Well, looks like we have to fight some more of those flowers"

Spoiler

ID# 90578
Battle: 3 +3 = 6 -> hit -> 5x8 = 40 - 5 mit = 35 dmg -> dead
Mob: 5 -> miss

Loot Roll: ID# 90580
Loot: 9+3 = 12 -> medicine not found

--- Stats ---
Hei: 400/400 HP | 35/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 0
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 8/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 0
Nepent Variant: 0/15 HP | 10 DMG | 5 MIT

Edited by Hei

With the dagger in her hand she followed Hei to the spoors she had found and a few minutes after she reached the spoors she saw a nepent full of fruits - This must be the Special nepent - she thought and held her dagger infront of her. She looked at Hei as he attacked the nepent, but as the nepent exploded into pixelsthe plant dropped nothing.
- Yeah, your right, we´ll have to fight more of them. - she looked around - I think you can take a short break while I can search for some other spoors. - . After a few steps she turned around - If something bad is happening, I´ll scream - she said smiling and crouched she walked deeper into the forest. - Just don´t walk to far, if there is one special nepent there must be some other nepents. I wonder why this nepent was alone... - . And like the time before she found some spoorsand infront of her she heard something rustle in the shrubs, careful she sneaked away, until she saw Hei again - Found something -

Edited by Saphira

After he had killed the variant Nepent and it hadn't dropped the quest item they had been looking for, Hei had told Saphira that they had to fight some more normal Nepents before they would be able to find another of the special ones. What he hadn't expected was that she told him that he could take a break while she was looking for the next ones they would fight. - Well, if she wasn't to go and search on her own, I don't have a problem with it, as long as she doesn't get hurt - he thought. Then she told him, that she would scream if something bad happened and smiled like some maniac, but he was sure she was just joking. Shortly after she had left, she came back and told him that she had found something, so both of them made their way back to where she had heard the Nepents. And indeed, there was another group of four plant monsters waiting to get killed.

Hei jumped out of the brush they were hiding in and without using any sword skill, he stabbed at one of them. The spear sank deep into it, but while it's HP was draining, the mob flailed at him and the whip like roots left a red mark on Hei's left arm. Then the Nepent exploded and three enraged plants charged at him to avenge their fallen bro. Flailing and biting they all managed to hit Hei, but the damage they managed to do was so little, it was hard to see on the HP bar, just the many red marks on his body showed that he was actually hit.

Spoiler

ID# 90601
Battle: 8 +3 = 11 -> hit -> 8 dmg -> dead
Mob: 6 -> hit -> 3 dmg -> 397/400 HP

ID# 90602
Mob: 10 -> crit -> 5 dmg -> 392/400 HP

ID# 90603
Mob: 8 -> hit -> 3 dmg -> 389/400

ID# 90604
Mob: 10 -> crit -> 5 dmg -> 384/400 HP

--- Stats ---
Hei: 384/400 HP | 35/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 0
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 8/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 0

OOC Spoiler:

Spoiler

With the dagger in her hand she followed Hei to the spoors she had found and a few minutes after she reached the spoors she saw a nepent full of fruits - This must be the Special nepent - she thought and holt held her dagger in front of her. She looked at Hei as he attacked the nepent, but as the nepent exploded into pixels the plant dropped nothing.
- Yeah, your right, we´ll have to fight more of them. - she looked around - I think you can take a short break while I can search for some other spoors. - . After a few steps she turned around - If something bad is happening, I´ll scream - she said smiling and crouched she walked deeper into the forest. - Just don´t walk to far, if there is one special nepent there must be some other nepents. I wonder why this nepent was alone... - . And like the time before she found some spoors and in front of her she heared something rustle in the shrubs, careful she sneaked away, until she saw Hei again - Found something -

Edited by Hei

Saphira looked at Hei as he jumped out of the brush and attacked one of the four nepents. She saw that he stabbed one of them and that it exploded into pixels. But also she saw that the other nepents attacked Hei - I have to help him!- . With her dagger in her hand she jumped out of the brush and ran towards Hei. She hold her dagger in front of her to trigger the skill and as the dagger started to glow she tried to hit one of the nepents, who attacked Hei, but as she tried to hit it, the plant monster made a step backwards out of her range. Saphira jumped back to Hei and while she was looking at the nepents in front of her she asked - Are you alright? - . Short she looked at him, then she looked back to the nepent, waiting for their next move.

Spoiler

ID# 90791
Battle: 3 -> fail

--- Stats ---
Hei: 384/400 HP | 35/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 0
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 6/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 0

Edited by Saphira