[PP-F1] Earning a Living -Tailor (Kyoto,Itzal)

Kyoto slowly stretches his arms after a long night of sleep. Looking around he tried to figure out what would be a great quest to do today. Looking around on the 1st floor he notice a NPC offering a quest. Kyoto walks up and accepts the quest. 'Earning a Living' "Ah yes, the quest that get you started making Col. I already know what profession I want." He talks to himself as he looks through his friends list seeing if anyone would be interested in helping him with this quest. Although he just joined a guild he didn't think it was important to ask one of them for help but then he remembered that Itzal told him he be glad to help him start his profession. So, Kyoto sent a message to Itzal stating the help of getting his profession started. Even though this quest is super easy he wants his new friend see him start his career. 

@Itzal

Edited by XxSulSus
  • 2 weeks later...

Itzal woke up once he had received the ping and looked at his inbox, smiling when he saw the message.  Another distraction from Fearx and Death Adder.  "Velnia, time to go fetch some more materials!"  The dragon looked at him.  He knew that look she was giving.  "Fine, we'll see if we can find materials for a cook to make you some food dang it.  But the focus is to help Kyoto got it?"  She nodded her head excitedly and glided down to his shoulder after he climbed out of bed.  He opened his menu as he walked and selected his twilight cloak, heading towards the town to the teleporter.  It didn't take him long before he saw Kyoto and he waved to his friend with a smile.  "Hey man!  How are you doing today?  Decided which profession you want?"  Itzal spotted a group of materials and picked them up, sending three of them Kyoto's way via menu.  Not a trade, but a gift.  Itzal grinned.  "Already getting you stuff.  How about that eh?"  Itzal found he enjoyed spending time with Kyoto.  He was a great person and very kind as well.  Of course he didn't know him too well just yet, but that would come in time.

ID#  88531  LD:  9+8  +4 MAT  Itzal:  1  @XxSulSus:  3

Edited by Itzal
  • 2 weeks later...

Kyoto looked at Itzal and smiled. Petting Velnia as well. "I'm great mate. Looks like she's always hungry. To bad I'm not wanting to be a cook I might be her best friend if that so. Instead I want to become a tailor. I had a hard time figuring out what I want to really do but I figured as a guild we always need better armor and stuff." Kyoto know that there's probably other tailors in the guild but the more in the guild means the more armor they can make. Besides I'm sure they all would be glad to help him level up his profession level. Kyoto was excited he finally gets to do this quest and finish it. Not like he's been doing much after all besides trying to catch up with the rest of the guild getting to the front line. Kyoto looks around trying to fine materials to use but have no luck finding them. 

ID# 88993 results: Loot 4

Itzal: Mat (1)

Kyoto: Mat (3)

Edited by XxSulSus

Itzal smiled and laughed a little at his comment, laughing some more when Velnia suddenly shot into his coat's pockets, looking for any food of any sort, falling into it and poking her little head out, putting her claws on it to lift herself up, sniffing the entire time, and grinning at Kyoto.  He listened to Kyoto and nodded.  "A tailor would be handy.  Especially whenever we hit a new tier.  Honestly I'm hoping to get a few merchants as well.  The more merchants we have, the more chance there is for us to get uncommon enhancements.  At any rate, let's go look for some materials then ok?"  Itzal scanned the area as they walked, spotting a bundle of mats and picking them up, inserting one into his inventory, and handing one to Kyoto.  "Alright.  So do you have any equipment for when you start crafting?  They really make life easier.  Like a lot."  Velnia flew around the place, darting here and there looking for something to munch on.  She landed on a berry bush, licked her lips, and started devouring everything there.  Itzal shook his head.  "That girl..."

ID#  89029  LD:  9+8  +4 MAT  Itzal:  2  @XxSulSus:  6

Edited by Itzal

Kyoto laughs as he see Velnia in his pocket. “So who all tailors in our guild anyways.” Kyoto smiles as he stops and  looks for some materials as he puts them in his inventory as he continue to search. “So what’s your profession?” he says as he continues to watch Velnia fly around searching for materials. Kyoto might be new to this game but he’s played MMOs before. Even though he wasn’t good at them it got him to feel like he’s in a different world. But Sword Art Online… That changes everything with him and mmos. This was real he was physically there he could physically be in this world that the creator created with his own imagination and has shared it with the ten thousands players in the game. The only thing that he wishes that wasn’t real was death. Who want to die Kyoto doesn’t want to which is the reason why he sometimes think he should leave the safe zone. But he has to beat this game to get back home to the real world.

ID# 89139 results: Loot 19 MATS: +1  @Itzal (2) Kyoto (7)

Edited by XxSulSus

Itzal smiled as Kyoto laughed when Velnia launched and dived into his pocket, and listened to Kyoto's question, thinking for a moment.  "I believe we don't have any actually.  Aereth used to be in our guild, but then left due to personal reasons I understood.  Haven't seen him in a while, though he's strong so I know he'll be fine.  I wonder if I made tier three armor yet..."  Then Kyoto asked Itzal what his profession was and he smiled.  "Well I'm a performer, which is one of the less important professions.  It's really only good for familiar calls.  It's main strength is debuffs, but since debuffs have no effect on boss raids at all, they're pretty much useless to most players.  And lower leveled players don't have the col to buy them, nor do they even know debuff's exist.  Because hey!  Nobody talks about them cause nobody uses them!  At any rate, despite my complete lack of customers, I really enjoy my profession as I love to sing and play music."  Itzal spotted some materials and smiled, sending three to Kyoto and keeping one for the frontlines.

ID#  89189  LD:  15  Itzal:  3  @XxSulSus:  10

Edited by Itzal
  • 3 weeks later...

Kyoto looks at him with a funny face. “So you're telling me that you picked a profession that involves with basically nothing.” Kyoto laughs as he then looks around for some materials but isn’t having any luck. “Man you can see this stuff like it’s nothing. He smiles as he pets Velnia as she sits on his shoulder. Kyoto smiles knowing that she’s probably looking for food off of him but knowing that he doesn’t have anything. “She keeps thinking i have food on me and I don’t. It’s kind of sad to be honest.” He looks around even more to see if he can fine materials but guess he doesn’t really know what he’s looking for anymore I mean anything can use for materials for a tailor but what does he knows this game confusing enough. Kyoto stops for a brief second feeling the breeze from the winding and think of home again. “Nothing feels better than a breeze even though it’s not a real one.” Kyoto smiles.

ID# 89686 results: Loot: 9 @Itzal: 3 Kyoto: 10

Edited by XxSulSus

Itzal heard Kyoto's words and his laughing and sighed.  "Yeah, basically.  I chose what I enjoyed over what was the 'most useful'.  Still, it's helped me get through several dungeons in the past.  I'm hoping to keep making them for me and my allies.  Especially since it means I don't need to pay an alchemist for healing potions and such.  Not to mention that I can use monster attraction songs to summon a loot required mob on any floor I'd like, rather than having to climb all the way up to floor fourteen and higher to fight some."  He then heard Kyoto mention how he could spot things as if it was nothing.  He shrugged as he kept looking.  "The more you practice it, the more you know where to look, how to look, what to ignore and what to investigate.  Plus it helps when you've gathered equipment and skills to get the system to work for you as well as put actual effort into it."  When he mentioned how he didn't have any food Velnia poked her head out of his coat with...  An apple that she starts to munch on.  Itzal just stared at her.  "..........Just, what.........."  Velnia and Itzal spotted a set of food materials at the same time and shot at them, but Itzal got to them first, sending two his way and kept two for himself.  "Kayaba may not have made senses as accurate as they are in the real world, but he's done a pretty good job you have to admit."

ID#  89928  CD:  12  LD:  15+8  +4 MAT    Itzal:  5  Kyoto:  12

@XxSulSus

Kyoto looks at Velnia… “How in the world did you fine an apple in my pocket. I would of felt that jiggling around while i was walking.” Kyoto then looks around for some materials to use but is still not having any luck to find any. Kyoto then looks at Velnia and break the apple up into smaller pieces as she was having a hard time trying to eat an entire apple whole. “You know you’re a silly familiar you know that right?” As he smiles wondering why she likes to be inside his pocket everytime she’s around him. “So…. Is she one those that just looks for food for everyone or is does she have her own favourite spot for every person she’s met?” As he started to laugh because he thinks he already knows the answer. Kyoto doesn’t understand why she keeps looking for food after all she still has a piece of apple still in her mouth. “You know you’re one of a kind you know that..”

ID# 89938 results: Loot: 3 @Itzal: 5 Kyoto: 12

Edited by XxSulSus

Itzal shrugged upon Kyoto's question, not really caring about how she does those things anymore.  "Velnia is more of a mystery than anything else in the entire known universe...  Like, in every way."  Velnia tried to keep her apple to herself but when she saw what Kyoto was doing she stopped and sat down, slightly impatiently.  When Kyoto handed her the slices she licked him and began devouring them quickly.  Itzal chuckled.  "You know she could have eaten the entire apple with ease right?"  When Kyoto called her a silly familiar she grinned at him, the apple sitting sideways in her open mouth and thus looking like a white smile before chomping down on it.  Itzal turned to Kyoto when he asked about Velnia.  "It's more of the latter.  She usually sits on someone's shoulder or head, but I guess she found out that your pockets were deep and decided to hang out there for a bit."  Velnia took her last slice and sat on his head, bobbing her head as she ate the last slice.  Itzal saw another four materials and added them to his inventory, sending half to Kyoto.

ID#  90009  CD:  12  LD:  8+8  Itzal:  7 MAT  @XxSulSus:  14

Kyoto looked around admiring the scenery. “You know why can't the real world look as beautiful as this?” Kyoto a very weird person that tends to admire weird things. Itzal probably already see’s something weird about him but it’s alright. “So do you listen to music Itzal?” as he failed to grab materials. “I mostly listen to pop punk and space rock.” Kyoto smiles a little. “But I listen to other genre as well.” Kyoto knows he’s weird but that what makes him unique makes him himself. Kyoto then picks up Velnia and starts to pet her. “Who’s a friendly dragon. You are.” He smiles. He’s kind of curious what his dog back in the real word going to think about him when he gets back. He stopped and tried not to think about home. IT rough for him to leave his sister there all alone. His sister is only 14 years old and she doesn’t have her big brother protecting her with those boys that are probably chasing her.

ID# 90206 results: LD: 2

@Itzal

Edited by XxSulSus

Itzal listened as Kyoto mentioned how he wanted the real world to be as beautiful as this.  Itzal shook his head.  "I believe it's the reverse actually.  Nothing can compare to the real world.  Sure they can make whatever they want in a virtual world, whether it be sights, color, texture.  But if you take a moment to really look in the real world.  Without the pixels there it not only feels and looks real.  It has an incredible beauty to it.  One that I believe no amount of evolution or random explosions could possibly create."  Yes.  After he got out of this game, he wanted to travel with Jenna, exploring the world with her and seeing everything that he had missed out on.  Playing games in his room all day was foolish and he wanted to correct that error as soon as possible.  Itzal chuckled when Kyoto asked him if he listened to music.  'I listen to all sorts of music Kyoto.  I'm glad I do too, because if I hadn't memorized songs I wouldn't be able to make so many with my profession."  Velnia loved being petted and relaxed in his arms.  Itzal spotted four more materials and sent two to Kyoto.

ID#  90351  CD:  11  LD:  19  +4 MAT  Itzal:  9 MAT  @XxSulSus:  16

• 4 months later...

Kyoto looks at Itzal after hearing him respond to his comment between the reality and the game. Not realizing that maybe Itzal hasn’t see the world compare to the game. Kyoto understands what he means. Nothing could be better than the real world, but the real world been through wars and violence. In a game when someone fights it doesn’t affect the whole game it just let you continue to the next floor. Kyoto smiles at him as he looks for some materials after. Seeing some he quickly grabs them and continues to walk down the path with Itzal and his companion. Watching Velnia relax on Itzal’s arm he pets her ears once more. “So why did you name her Velnia? I’m sure there’s a reason why you name her and all your other stuff. Like is there a story behind it or did you just wanted to name her Velnia because you like the name? Which again usually has a story behind it….”

ID# 98359 results: LD 14: +1 MAT  @Itzal: 9 Kyoto: 17

Edited by XxSulSus

He smiled as he thought of the real world, wondering where he'd go to explore once he was out of this hellhole.  Well the first thing was arrange a visit to Jenna, whether if it was he traveled to America, she to Japan, or they meet somewhere in between.  After that who knows?   Depending on where he ended up by then he may explore America, Japan, or maybe even Europe.  Kyoto spoke up again, causing Itzal to turn his attention to him, snapping back to the here and now.  Reality.  "Yeah um...  I sort of made the name up.  For some reason that's the name I thought of when I met her and it fit.  So I named her Velnia...  I guess I should give the name a meaning of some sort."  Velnia's ears twitched at first, vibrating rapidly before she shifted her head, causing Kyoto to start petting the crease between her ear and head.  She then smiled and gave her dragons growl like purr.  "Though I have no idea what the name should mean."  He spotted another two materials and picked them up, staring at them.  "Huh.  Only two?  That's odd."

ID#  98715  CD:  4  LD:  12+8  +2 MAT  Itzal:  10  @XxSulSus:  18

• 1 month later...

He looks at her as he keeps petting her ears. Looking around for some materials he smiles a little seeing all the scenery in this floor. Walking around he spotted something he thought would be good material. As he goes up and tries to grab it it disappeared right in front of him. He gives a slight frown as he continues to walk with Itzal. “Man must be nice having that item gets your quite a bit of materials.” He smiles as he keeps walking down the trail. “By the way when are we planning on heading back?” He looks over at him thinking that he’s just enjoying being out here with another guild mate even if it is his new member. Looking at his purple armor Kyoto then looks at his black coat thinking that he doesn’t have much of a fashion unlike Itzal. Velnia on his sholder he reaches over and pets her once more.

ID# 99981 results: LD: 9 (Fail) @Itzal: 10 Kyoto: 18

Edited by XxSulSus

Itzal chuckled when he mentioned Itzal's coat and shrugged.  "I'm a scout, so it's kind of a necessity.  Though it's not just the cloak.  Five ranks in searching tends to help as well.  If I had an active cook then maybe I could use the LD consumables more often, but there are very few of those, let alone active ones."  Itzal continued to walk and heard Kyoto ask when they'd be heading back.  Itzal chuckled and nodded.  "We can head back any time you'd like my friend."  He continued to walk, spotting two more materials and frowning at the lack of it.  Why were there only two materials?  He'd have to check for any updates he wasn't made aware of.  He picked up the two of them and added them to his inventory, continuing to walk with his friend.  "Either way we get to talk a little more as it's a little ways back.  Maybe I'll find a chest on the way back."

ID#  100270  CD:  5  LD:  12+8  +2 MAT

Itzal:  12  @XxSulSus:  18

Kyoto stops a moment and smiles. He never thought he’d be able to find an awesome guild mate like Itzal. He cant say much though Atzo tried his hardest but at the end it was more like a war. I very lopsided war. But then a few weeks later Kyoto found Itzal and the guild he’s in now. He feels welcome here and everyone is willing to go out of there way just to help me get going and maybe eventually get to the frontlines like everyone else. He slowly catches up seeing Velnia swarm down and crawls into his pocket. “I see you just want to cuddle in there.” He smiles some more as he quickly then catches up to Itzal. “Hey Itzal… Thanks again for letting me be part of the guild. I feel like I’m going to learn a lot from you guys.” As he then thinks who he’s going to be mentoring. He wishes it is Itzal just for the fact he’s already seen Itzal in combat and feels like Itzal can help Kyoto the most.

@Itzal

When Kyoto spoke to Velnia she poked her head out with her tiny claws holding some sort of food against her mouth as she nibbled on it, looking at him before dashing into his pocket again.  Itzal shook his head with a chuckle.  That girl...  "She's probably cuddling and eating food that she found and pulled out of thin air or something."  When Kyoto spoke to Itzal he turned to look at him and pay more attention as he spoke.  Hearing what he said Itzal smiled and nodded, patting his friend's shoulder as they walked.  "Hey no problem man!  I'm glad you want to join us.  The aim is to help players survive, grow, and become what they aim to be.  So there's no reason for you not to join, and I hope that you'll help us help others.  Maybe if you get to the front lines, we could have our very own party.  I just hope Kasier is able to join us soon enough."  Itzal spotted a material, only one this time.  He sighed at his sudden drop in luck and added it to his inventory.

Itzal:  12  @XxSulSus:  18

Kyoto smiles as he sees the harsh feeling of Itzal not having luck with materials. As he looks down into his pocket he sees Velnia eating more food. “How in the world are you finding food? I don’t carry that stuff in my pocket.” He replies to her “She’s a real character isn’t she Itzal.” He laughs a little. At this point Kyoto isn’t really looking around for materials just the fact that he’s with someone that is taking his time away from the front lines to help him get his profession is more special. Besides Kyoto thinks he’s doing this for the fact that there barely any tailors in the game as it is, and Kyoto would make so much money this way. He smiles once more. Money is nice and all but that’s not what makes him happy. The fact he has friends that want everyone in the group to get out of this game is what makes him happy.

@Itzal:  12 Kyoto:  18

• 2 weeks later...

Itzal heard Kyoto's remark to Velnia and laughed while the purple dragon just grinned, shoved the food into her mouth, reached down and flew out with a pizza slice.  She landed on Itzal's shoulder and started nibbling it.  "Please don't get sauce on the trench coat Velnia."  He said, the dragon looking at him for a moment before going back to eating the pizza.  Itzal shook his head as they walked and sighed.  "You can say that again..."  Itzal looked around for a chest they could have attempted to pick and open up.  He had never run into a mimic before since, well, he'd never been that unlucky thanks to his searching and picking skills.  But it seemed that there wasn't any chest nearby this time around.  Shrugging he decided they should go ahead and move on to the town and call it a day.  He looked at Kyoto with a smile.  "Well I guess our paths split for the moment.  I'll see you later on ok?  Maybe help you with some more quests, or go col grinding or something."

ID#  100895  LD:  6+8  Itzal:  12 @Kyot0:  18