{PP-F2} Cave Crawling <<Let There Be Light>> (Hei,Stryder)

The city of Urbus always reminded Jevi of the typical medieval city you'd see in movies. The stone buildings and cobblestone roads made her feel as though she had taken a trip back in time. And the heavily armored woman felt as though she fit right in. Her brunette ponytail gently swayed back and forth as she walked down the road, taking in the scenery around her. Though this was one of the beginning floors, she had felt as though she did not give this one enough credit, and visited it rarely. 

As she neared the western wall of Urbus, the buildings seemed to become a bit smaller, some even made out of wood. It was obvious from the state of these houses that this was some sort of area of poverty, created for the city to seem more realistic. Stopping in her tracks, Jevi decided to turn around and head back the other way, to possibly avoid having to deal with any beggars. Just as she turned around, she heard someone rush up from behind her, crying. The girl looked over her shoulder, but the woman had ran to Jevi's front. She looked exhausted from both rushing and crying. 

P..Please.. Y..You must help m..me! the woman cried out to Jevi

Taking a step back, Jevi looked at the woman concerned, ~"Hold on. Take it easy. What's wrong?"

Its..Its my daughter.. She was.. playing with her friends in some of the ... caves outside of town and... and.. The woman wiped the tears forming in the corners of her eyes, Her friends came back home, but they told us that she was missing. Before the purple-haired played could reply, the woman stepped forward and grabbed Jevi's shoulders. Please! You must help me find me Elena!

@Stryder @Hei

Edited by Jevi

Hei had been working lately, so he hadn't been away from the first floor for more than a few short trips, but today would be different. He had closed his store early so he could have half a day off to go and have some adventuring. From when he first met Stryder he remembered, that the second floor had some interesting mountains he could trek and climb so his body would remember what training meant. So when Hei arrived at the main settlement, he was wearing his battle gear in anticipation of some armour and fight training somewhere up in the mountains. The black haired player walked trough the broader roads of this medieval town, his emerald green leather coat made the chilly temperatures it had today much more comfortable than hot weather had been. In his right hand he was holding his spiky spear, but he was just using it as a hiking pole.

Once he had left the towns centre the houses became smaller and made from cheaper material, Hei noticed it, and he was amazed by how much detail there was in this town. - I wonder, if this kind of detailed work was used all the way up to the 100th floor. Or did they took more care down on these floors many players would be able to see and later on they either repeated what they had done for the lower floors, or just don't have so many details at all. - this was what Hei wondered while he walked the streets, and so he nearly had run into two women standing in the middle of the street. Now that his attention was at them, he noticed one of them looking as if she had cried and the other one was wearing heavy armour, so she probably was a player. Hei didn't know what had happened but his curious nature and the fact that he was one of those who always wanted to help anyone around, he walked the few steps to them and asked "Excuse me, I happened to notice that something seems as if it isn't alright. Is there anything I can help with?"

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry this has taken awhile, have been busy)

Sky groaned as he woke up, sitting in the park... Well, sleeping in a tree, in the park. He wanted to sleep longer, the sun was to bright... He wanted to sleep!! He was so dam tired, but with a groan he got up, looking around the second floor. It was very beautiful, and hilly. He had to remember to try and get some new uniforms for his new guild, which he had started up, but had not fully got it running yet....

It wasn't long before he saw Hei moving down the street, holding his spear as a walking cane, and walking towards a girl.... Two girls, one was crying? He wasn't suprised, Hei was a nice guy, but he didn't know what was going on. He jumped down, running towards the three. As he got close however, he realized soemthing felt oddly familiar about this whole, girl crying about daughter idea.

"Hello, the names Stryder, by any chance is your daughter lost in the caves?"

Before Jevi had a chance to even reply, two men had ran up to them, the first one catching her off guard. 

"Excuse me, I happened to notice that something seems as if it isn't alright. Is there anything I can help with?"

Just as he had asked about their situation, another man came up behind him, this time addressing the NPC woman.

"Hello, the names Stryder, by any chance is your daughter lost in the caves?"

The woman teared up even more, but she seemed a bit more hopeful in her speech.

"Yes! Her friends came back without her. She knows how to get home from the caves, so I'm sure she is still in there. Please, you must bring her home safe." She then turned to the first man who ran up. "You could help, this young woman already agreed to help me as well. So maybe it would be best if you went as a group to find her."

Jevi's yellow eyes went wide as she looked from the first man who showed up to the NPC, ~"W-Wait lady I didn't...sigh.. Alright. I will help find your daughter." 

After telling the woman that she would help, a small quest box appeared in front of all three players, prompting them to accept the quest. Jevi looked back at the other two men before shrugging her shoulders and accepting the mission. ~"Guess we might as well do it together. I'm Jevi, by the way." 

Shortly after Hei had arrived at the two women and even before either one of them could react to his question Hei noticed another person joining this conversation and he was surprised to see Stryder, who not just was a friend and guildmate, but also he looked as if he already knew what was going on here. So before he could greet his friend, Stryder asked the woman if her daughter was lost in some cave and when the mother said that this was the case, Hei was astonishing about what his friend could guess, before he had the idea, that he might have done this quest before. Then the NPC woman asked them three to save her and a quest pop up appeared. Hei accepted the quest and as the female player introduced herself as Jevi, he remembered that he hadn't had time to introduce himself. "Nice to meet you Jevi, even though the occasion could have been a nicer one. How about we form a party for this." he asked, while sending a party invite to the others. Then he turned to Stryder " Nice to see you pal, how did you know about the daughter? Have you dine this quest already, and if so, do you remember any details?"

Sky noticed that the girl, not the qyest giving one, the one who just introduced herself as Jevi, seemed like she didn't want to actually do this for a moment, but she accepted it, and with that Sky hit the accept also, as well as Hei. All three of them were now on this quest together.... Though its way to easy for a quest, and definiteyl did not justiy three people being here for it, but, notherless it was a journey all of them could take.

"Hi Jevi, the names Stryder, and iv done this a few times Hei, we go into a cave where our accuracy and evasion will be lowered, and we fight a single big bat unless more happen to spawn, we find the kid, we leave, its easy" He said, listing the entire quest in a single sentence. He had done this enough to know he could literally one shot this mob two times over with ease, but.... He still felt compelled to do it every time he heard it, it just sounded so sad that someone was worried about there daughter and it compelled him to help them out and to save the daughter. He looked over at Jevi, wondering who she fully was...

The first man to arrive mentioned to Jevi that it would be smartest if the three were to form a party to complete this quest. The girl nodded her head, agreeing that it would be the best to do. ~"Right." the bronze skinned girl said as she flicked her hand to open her HUD menu. With a couple more gestures with her hand, party invited were sent to each of the men. The second of the players introduced himself as Stryder, and revealed the first one's name to be Hei. He went on to talk about how simple the quest was, literally mapping out the entire quest to both Hei and Jevi. The girl cocked a brow and glared at Stryder for a moment, ~"Well.. that takes the fun out of that." she said with a scoff. ~"Oh well. Guess it's good to know that it'll be easy. Especially with the three of us." With a smirk, she poked Stryder in the shoulder, ~"Alright then Mr. Smart guy." she teased him, ~"Mind taking lead? Since you knew where we are headed."

When Stryder listed about everything the quest would be about, Hei was somewhat interested and confused at the same time. It seemed that Stryder had done the quest multiple times, but why would he do it, was it just because he was such a good guy, that he couldn't not help someone in need? Hei was thinking about this, when Jevi said that it was taking the fun out of that. She surely didn't mean it, but Hei took a short while, while his face looked more or less like a car. - Where should be the fun in having to save a child from some dark cave - he thought, before it clicked and he realized that she wasn't serious. - Well, damn, how could I miss the tone? - he slightly shook his head. Then he accepted the party invite Jevi had sent to him and turned to Stryder, who should take the lead as he knew the way. "Ok, take us there bud, and don't forget to tell us when the monster will appear, we don't want you to have all the fun."

Sky was a little baffled by the fact they both wanted him to lead. He didn't like it, all the pressure on him, all the attention they were giving him, but he was a guild leader, he had to be comfortable to be in the front of the group, otherwise his entire guild would just.... Crumble. He wondered how Atzo did it, how he managed to always lead fro mthe front lines, he would never know.... But one day he might find out, if he is lucky. He let out a laugh at the joke and shoulder poke, looking at her, starting to like her a bit.

"Doubt i'l tell you, i don't want to take the fun out of the fight, i might just let ya get surprised" He said in a joking manner, sticking his tongue out before walking off, waving a hand at the two to  follow. He was wondering where he should lead them, he could be a doush and lead them right to a pub and have a drink.... But that would be wrong. He started heading west of the town, looking back the two, wondering how to spark conversation.

"Ahh.... Its nice to have a casual walk..."  He yawns out, stretching his arms with a smirk as he wondered what he could do to try and prank them.

The brunette cocked an eyebrow when Stryder, the seemingly more serious out of the two men, returned fire with a tease of his own, telling them that he would keep the specifics of the quest to himself. The woman crossed her arms arms under breastplate and chuckled, ~"That's more like it. Adds for a sense of adventure." After Stryder agreed to lead the party for the quest, they turned from the small bundle of homes and made due for the western gate of Urbus. Her curious golden eyes looked from one man to the other, observing the gear that each of them possessed. Neither of them seemed to be front liners, however from the way they carried themselves, they could probably hold up in a fight. 

Jevi kept her left hand at the ready, her elbow resting on the handle of her Izunami. Wondering if she herself should update her equipment soon. It would be hard for her to part ways with the stained-glass looking curved sword, being it was a gift from Opal. She smirked to herself, thinking that Opal would not appreciate it much if she saw her walking around with a different blade than the one she gave to her. The woman's eyes went back to her front to Stryder, wondering if he was capable of leading them to this cave. Hei seemed to trust him with the job, but in the end, Jevi trusted neither of them just yet. 

Stryder was as he had always been, or at least since Hei had met him. He began leading them down to the western edge of the town, telling them that he wouldn't spoil them, so they could have fun with the fight themselfs. " ok, if that's the case, I'll be ready to fight some monster bat, as soon as we reach the cave the girl went missing. I don't think that a monster on this floor should be any danger to me, even with the problem of it hiding in the dark." then the wandered off.

Hei had a look at the golden eyed girl that was the one who had actually been the one, who had accepted the quest. She looked like she was interested in their strength , as she had a look at their equipment, so Hei would have a look for himself. Jevi had her hand on the heft of a one handed curved sword, that looked somewhat as if it was made of glass. And of course her armour, that looked like it was a good piece of work too. The only thing he wondered, was what kind of equipment her third item was, as he had his necklace to help him with aiming, his weapon for damage and the armour for protection.

OOC: sorry if this post is not as good, am posting from my tablet from the hospital

• 1 month later...

OOC - Pardon my absense, been a little busy recently

Sky kept to himself, listening to Hei and this other girl. He had agreed to lead the group, but he didn't really want to make this to easy for them. He was already way over leveled for this quest... But that didn't really matter. He shrugged, looking at Hei and Jev. He started heading out of the town, hoping they would follow him. He stayed quiet, instead thinking about everything. He wanted to get this done, he wanted to get this little girl back to her mother, or the little boy, whichever it was going to be this time. He shrugged, again, looking back at them.

"So, how have you two enjoyed SAO so far?" He asks them both, hoping some light conversation would make this trip a little more.... bareable. He didn't like long silences, they started getting very unnerving and sad. They were just unnatural, it was his nature to talk to those around him

@Hei @Jevi

Silence fell over the group as they made their way out of the safe zone that was Urbus. The fields that surrounded the large city were filled with different types of monsters, ones that would only serve to pester the group and lessen their pace for completing the mission, rather then put them in any real danger. Her eyes scanned the horizon, making sure that none of those mobs were able to sneak up on the group. Stryder's question had brought her attention back to the group, asking both Hei and herself were enjoying this death game so far. The woman smirked, ~"Living life to the fullest." she said, a slightly sarcastic tone in her voice. ~"At least, as much as you can when its life or death out there." She let a small sigh escape past her lips before looking back forward, ~"All jokes aside, I have a lot to owe this game. It really helped shape who I am, and put down the girl I was once." 

Once they had left the town, and where wandering trough the monster infested lands, Hei was happy that he hadn't have to look at his map to find the way, as Stryder knew where they had to go. Looking out if there were some mobs that might attack them, he was kind of surprised when Stryder asked them, how they had enjoyed SAO so far. Hei was sure that Stryder knew how he felt, as he had been a big part in the more funny parts of living within this game, but he still would answer it. Before he could think about what to say, Jevi started talking, telling them that she owed the game a lot, and that it had shaped who she was now. - That is interesting, I think I haven't changed to much within this game, even though it truly shows who oneself is - he thought, and then after he was sure Jevi had finished said "Well Stryder, I think you know that I am a super big fan of this game, even though it includes the possibility of our death. I really like the games design and there was so much to learn from it, that I would have never been able to learn from outside. But lately I feel it transforming into my normal live with routine and many days just doing the same. I hope that I can find my joy for the game once more, when i am strong enough for the more dangerous content." 

Sky was very surprised by the answers of the two. Jevi seemed very.... Interested in the game, well, not so much interested as in interest, but more as in having invested into it. It had changed her, and reminded him of himself. He had changed due to this game, he used to be VERY shy... But now not so much. He had gotten over it, and had formed a guild which right now was doing fairly well. 

Hei, he already knew, but it still surprised him, more so on the analytical side of this mess. It seemed that they both loved the game and owed a lot to it, but at the same time they had very different reasons as to why they liked it. For him, he loved it because it was just.... Well, a world he fit in. Its a beautiful world, it was just like the real world, only a lot dam cooler. He didn't really feel like saying it, mainly due to the fact they hadn't asked him.... And for some reason he felt like he was slowly receeding back to being a little scared.

"I like the way you two think, and also, i think were here" He says to them, looking to his right and seeing a dark cave, which was similar to the ones he had gone in... To similiar.

@Jevi

Rather than herself, Hei was invested in the game because of what it was; a game. Aside from the idea of real-life death around every corner, this game in itself was something to marvel at. In any other case, she would agree.. but when she feared for her own death every day, it was hard to enjoy such a world. As they continued to speak on their thoughts of Aincrad, the group had hardly realized that they had arrived at the mouth of a large cave. Inside the mouth of the cavern, light only reached about ten feet in, before complete darkness took over. Jevi took a couple of steps forward, getting a better look at what the cave may have been hiding. However, even as she tried to focus on the darkness, her eyes failed her. ~"How the hell are we supposed to find this kid.. when we can't even see anything? Tch.. no wonder she got lost." The woman bit her lip before turning to the other two, ~"Don't suppose either of you have that night vision skill.. or a torch?" she said with a chuckle before turning back to the cave. The woman stood silent for a moment when she heard the sound of crying, echoing from deep within the tunnels. ~"You hear that... sounds like she's still alive. I guess we can follow the sound of her crying to try and find her.. You guys ready?"

@Hei

They had arrived at the cave shortly after Hei had finished telling them, how he thought about the game, which meant, that the way was shorter than he had thought, or that they had walked way faster than normal. How ever, they had arrived at the cave and it was dark in there. Jevi was the first one to have a look into it, and she declared, that it was to dark in there, to see. This wasn't good, as they were to find a little kid, that was somewhere in the pitch black darkness. "I neither have the skill, nor something to enlighten the way, so we need to use our other senses" he replied to Levi's question, and came closer to her, having a look into the dark too. Both of them where silent, and after a short amount of time, there was the sound of a child crying. "Yeah, I heard it too, let's go and get her out of there as quick as possible. I might not be able to see down there, but I'll take the lead and will tell you if I find anything of special interest." and so Hei walked into the pitch black and it was as if his eyesight was gone. Using the spear as a rod, he used it as a blind man would have to not run into walls. He was slow, but he moved, which was the best he could do. For himself, he just hoped, that there weren't many strong mobs down here, as he had never fought without seeing.

@Stryder

When asked about the skill, Sky simply shakes his head. He didn't have it. He had also said he was going to stick back and let the others see what this quest was like, he wasn't going to involve himself at all. He had led them here, and that was enough. He knew how easy the fight was, and these two could do it with ease. He moved to the back of the crew. He heard the breathing of the girl, the sound of dripping water, and lots of other cliche cave sounds. He didn't mind, he had been in the cave enough times to know exactly what was in it. He had nothing to contribute... .Just his being here made this entire quest to easy. He could take out four of the bats at once, if there was even four. But no, there was just one... He sighed, yawning, making sure to muffle it before watching there back as they walked ahead.

With a quick breath in through her nostrils, Jevi took the lead and stepped into the cave. Soon, darkness completely enveloped the girl, and as she turned to make sure the other two were still following her, she could only see their silhouettes. From the way Stryder was acting about the entire quest, it should turn out to be rather simple. She wondered if she should have even asked for help in the first place. Shrugging her shoulders, the woman continued forward, the fingers of one hand gliding along the slightly damp stone walls, the other wrapped around the hilt of her Izunami. With all of the other ambient noises of the cave, it made it a little difficult to exactly track the child's crying, despite the sound being quite distinguished among the others. 

Suddenly, the small sobs were interrupted by a loud scream, "Leave me alone!! Get off of me!! Help!" The frightened voice of the young girl sent a shiver down Jevi's spine, only being able to imagine the horror she was going through at the moment. "Come on." Jevi said in a slightly louder tone as she moved forward at a faster pace, making sure not to run into any of the walls. 

The group followed the sounds through the winding tunnels of the damp, dark cave until there was another sound introduced to them; the sounds of large wings flapping. As the sounds grew louder and louder, Jevi could sense that they had entered the small cavern where all of the noise was coming from. Three loud shrieks welcomes the group of players to the cave, as the darkened outlines of three large bats switched their target to the players that threatened them. "Hey! Get the hell away from her!" Jevi called out before rushing forward at what she hoped was one of the bats. As she charged forward, the woman drew Izunami from her back, the stained-glass blade glowing with a red aura. Planting one foot into the ground, the woman spun herself in a circle, cutting the first bat in front of her to bits, the small explosion of the bat turning into pixels lighting the room for a mere second. 

The other two bats, seeing their comrade cut down before their eyes, put their focus on Jevi. The first of the flying creatures dug its sharp talons into Jevi's heavy armored chest plate, pushing off of her and causing her to stumble backwards. Where it could have been a devastating attack, her armor took most of the damage without scathing her. The second bat, flew at Jevi like a bullet, its body crashing into the woman. Jevi, before the bat made contact, dug her foot into the dirt, and took the hit without stumbling. The second bat's skin pulsated with a red light after it had crashed into Jevi, some of its health dropping a bit from the Thorns placed on her armor. 

ID 91277
Jevi BD 9

• Dancing Hellraiser: 4x2(6+1) = 56 dmg

Bat 1 MD Disregarded due to death
ID 91278
Bat 2 BD 10 vs Jevi  (22dmg - 30 Mit) = 1 Dmg
Bat 3 MD 6 vs Jevi (20 dmg - 30 Mit) = 1 Dmg
------------------------------
[H:1] Jevi: 398/400 HP | 32/40 EP | 
@Hei:
Stryder: 

Bat 1 0/50 | 20 dmg  (-56 Dmg)
Bat 2 50/50 | 20 dmg
Bat 3 43/50 | 20 dmg (-7 Thorns)

Edited by Jevi

They were searching their way through the dark cave and it was not to easy following the girls crying with all those ambient sounds. After a short duration of time, Jevi took the lead and Hei just followed her till he heard a scream in front of him. It must have been the girl and Jevi had heard it too, as she quickly more or less ran through the cave. Hei tried to follow her, but he stumbled over a rock and so he just arrived in the big hall, when Jevis swordskill hit the first giant bat and it exploded into pixels. In the light those emitted he saw two more of the beasts attacking the fighter, and so he moved in, charging his spear until it began glowing in a dark red and then releasing the swordskill. Whirling around and slicing up the first bat, he made his way to where the other one was just attacking Jevi. The spear was about to hit it, when he stumbled over another rock and missed it instead. "There's still one left. I'll defend the girl, you can kill it" he yelled to no one in particular.

Spoiler

AOE -> Bat 1: ID# 91284
ballte: 7 +3 -1 = 9 -> hit -> 6x9 = 54 DMG -> Bat 1 dead

AOE -> Bat 2: ID# 91285
battle: 2 +3 -1 = 4 -> miss

[H:1] Jevi: 398/400 HP | 32/40 EP | 
[H: 1 ]Hei : 460/460 |34/46 EP | 3 ACC | 3 EVA
@Stryder

Bat 1 0/50 | 20 dmg  (-56 Dmg)
Bat 2 0/50 | 20 dmg (-54 Dmg)
Bat 3 43/50 | 20 dmg (-7 Thorns)

Edited by Hei