PP/F17) Coming of a New Dawn

Sky was sitting on top of Mt. Olympia, watching the sun rise. He loved the view of this... The sunrise, it was magical. It was the real reason he fought in this world, the real reason he lived in this world. He wasn't here by choice, Kiaba had forced himself and thousands of players to be stuck here with no escape, but Sky didn't care. He had his reasons to live, he had his friends, he has all the adventures that await him.... Those are what forced him to keep fighting to see the next dawn. A sad realization had hit sky.... his guild, the Emerald Harbingers, had died down, it was one of the guilds that people had just separated apart..... He needed a new place to call home, and he was going to make one..

Hey @Eatos I need to talk to you, can you meet me on floor seventeen on top of Mt. Olympia....

Eatos had been, once again, napping. Really it would be nothing unfamiliar to anyone who knew the girl. Down on the 4th floor, with a Husky in her arms. She was RUDELY awoken by a message. Grumbling, she opened the message to see it was Stryder. What did he want? Why couldn't she just sleep in peace! She dragged herself up and get dressed. She knew what this was about, had a feeling she knew what he was gunna say. 

"Come on Angel, you're coming with me this time" She said, as the Husky puppy leap into her arms. She locked up her store, before heading for the teleporter and arrivign on the 17th floor. The floor that, if she'd gone here first, she'd been living here, not the 4th. But it was too late to more her shop, for now. Maybe she'd move later. She knew My olympus from the sight alone. She'd spent years learning this, there was nothing on this floor, or very little, she didn't at least recognise. 

"Hey Stryder" She said as she finally hunted him down "What's up?"

While he waited, Sky had opened his menu, and had been looking at the Emerald Harbingers guild page. He didn't want to do this.... However, he couldn't wait... He was going to have to do this, and once the guild returned... He might go back, but until then, he had to start doing his part to  help people. He hit the leave button, leaving the guild. He was now a solo player, but that was going to change soon.

He waited for around twenty minutes, seeing her coming up the massive hill, wondering if she had found it easy to get here. 

"Hey Eatos, i was wondering how you felt about the guild" He asked her, wondering about it. He wanted to help players, and while he could do that from the position he had in the Emerald Harbingers, it just.... Wasn't enough, he didn't have the power to create anything new...

The girl had little issue finding her way, it had just taken her a ong time because she was enjoying the scenery. This floor was amazing, and if she was honest. She should move her shop here, to the floor of heros itself. To a floor where so many legends and myths were living with her. She'd have to think about it. 

Stryders question itself was't unexpected, and the girl sat down under a tree. She checked for materials, but found nothing so she sat. She knew that, despite the question, he'd already left. She wondered if she should pretend she had no idea, just to see his direction. Which was the direction she picked as she let out a wide yawn. "Atzo's vanished again..." She muttered sadly. There had been...well, something, between her and him. She wasn't sure what it was, even Atzo had no idea. But there had been trust, a bond somewhat. He knew what demon plagued her life after all, he knew what she'd seen within that cursed blade. 

"The guild won't survive like this, i'm not a good leader..." she looked over at him lazily. But in reality, it was waiting. Waiting for what she knew was coming. 

Spoiler

ID: 88411

LD: 9(+3)=12 <No Material Found>

T2 Materials Gathered Total: 0

Edited by Eatos

He listened to her saying only a little bit, something showed she was a little shocked, but.... He had no real idea about it. He opened his menu, showing her the guild screen, showing he had left. He sighed, looking at her, then towards the rising sun.

"The guild isn't going to survive at this rate... So i'm leaving the Emerald Harbingers" He said, taking a deep breath as he said it, his guild screen showing that he wasn't in a guild, and his player icon would indicate the exact same thing. He looked at the dawn, thinking hard about it.

"What made you join the guild?" He asked her, his mind racing. He wanted to provide a safe haven for players, and in general that meant making this game safe. He wanted a group of players who would help him with protecting everyone, with making the entire game safe for the players of SAO, he wanted to get everyone to safety... He loved this game, he loved the world, but there was those who didn't, and he would protect them.

ID# 88458 results:

Loot: 1 - No mat

So he had left. It confirmed what she already suspected. He didn't like the direction of the guild, or, well, lack there of. She was taken aback somewhat, Stryder seemed to much a follower, it surprised her that he had taken such an agressive step. But, that was what was expected of a leader. The ability to step forwards, to take that risk. Something she was always too afraid to do herself. His reveal was nothing she hadn't already precalcualted, and while she did turn her head to the side, the 'shock' wasn't on her face. 

She was slightly surprised at his question, asking her why she joined Emerald Harbinger in the first place. She glanced out over the floor, pondering how to answer the question. Did she answer it honestly? Did she tell Stryder she was afraid of dying as a no one? That she didn't want to be forgotten in this game, just another dead kid and, in a guild, she could become someone important, someone worth remembering? Someone who could have an impact in this world? That the idea of being forgotten kept her awake at night?

"I joined, to be safe" She said after a minute of silence, a soft smile on her face as she looked at Stryder. "Back when i first joined, i was terrified i'd die if i tripped over a step. So i thought, with a Guild, i'd be safe" She took a deep breath, trying to find the right words that often alluded her "But it became more than just safety, then i realized i was safe, and i could help people. My healing, my store. All of it just to keep others alive....it'll be nice to do some good, for once..." She looked out over the distance, and her eyes were clouded, as if she were looking at something in her past, and her right hand was a fist, trembling with anger. 

ID: 88476

LD: 3(+3)=6 <Fail>

T2 Materials Gathered Total: 0 

Edited by Eatos

He remembered her back then... She had been VERY scared of dying at all times, he had taken her out a lot of times, and she couldn't help but nearly freak out in every fight. Since then, she had grown a thousand times, and had joined him on dozens of adventures, all of which had helped her become a stronger, and she had grown. She had become a warrior, well, not a warrior, but she had grown into a fighter, in her own mind. He was so glad that she had grown a lot, and she was. She was so glad with herself, being able to help herself and others stay alive. 

"Thats a nice reason. You know i was never scared of dying here, i was more into living. I joined to try and help others live to..." He said to her, telling Eatos the reason he had joined. He noticed her eyes, like she was looking into the distance.... At something. He looked out over the sunrise, wondering if he should say it now....

"Do you remember when we met?" He asked, deciding to have a casual conversation firsthand before he brang up his new idea about the guild.

Despite where she was sitting, Eatos was barely within her body, once again. She often daydreamed, or allowed her mind to wander. This would be nothing new to Stryder. But, this time, it appeared different. A fist, shaking, a dazed look in her eyes, not absent, but rather, as if looked through a mirror. Despite her amber eyes looked at the horizen, a very different series of events passed over in her memories. Memories that, with reflection, made her loathe her exsistance. Memories that had pushed her into the darkest two years of her life. Memories that would never leave her alone. 

"..h-huh...?" She asked, not having heard his question at all about their meeting. With her distraction removed, she looked at Stryder. Her eyes watched his every move carefully, as if she were analysising him. In fact, that wouldn't be far from the truth. She wondered for how long he would think she hadn't noticed he had left the guild, how long would he be coy about his intentions for bringing her here? Did he think her a fool, or simply nothing more than a tired girl who slept and dreamed? She would wait for him to bring it up, as she brushed a hand along the grass, hunting, and successfully finding lore materials that she placed within her inventory.  

"You're plotting something Stryder..." She said eventually, and with the same dead-panned tone followed it with "Is this meant to be some romantic date? You taking me to the floor i love, up this famous mountain i spent my years studying, before confessing you love me?" She was certain it was not the case in the slightest, but, well, she wanted to have a little fun if Stryder was taking his sweet time filling her in on the details of the guild he was planning on forming, or inviting her too..

ID: 88569

LD: 14(+3)=17

Total T2 Materials Gathered: 4

Edited by Eatos

A loud laugh came out of Sky when she said that, him confessing love to her. He wasn't into her that way, but she sure was the closest thing to family he had in this messed up world, well, messed up for most people, not for him. He loved this place, it was a beautuful world. He looked at her, wondering if he should play along, desiding to make his own little joke.

"When i decide to do that, i'l choose a more romantic setting then a mountain at dawn rise" He said to her, giving a little chuckle and a slight blush on his cheek before sticking his tongue out and laughing at her. He looked off into the distance, wondering what he should say next. He looked at her, deciding to let her know what he was thinking.... About the new guild, the new Dawn..... 

"I had something else in mind.... and as sad as it is to admit, the Emerald Harbingers are dying off..... I can't make a difference in this guild anymore....... If i were to join another, would you come with me? You were my first friend in this world" He said, smiling at her, wondering what her answer might be.

She was pleased he took her joke in stride. She could just tell, she'd gotten a lot better at reading people then she had been years back. Even with the blush on his face, she smiled softly. She opted to not continue the joke, or risk making it sound like she was interested in him. She liked him a lot, but nothing romantic. He was just...well, too young. And wasn't her type. Shame, a couple united could be an effective way to start a guild. After all, she was near certain, that was his intention. 

And she was correct, as Stryder dropped, well, a version of it. He had said 'join another', not 'start'. But she knew him well enough. There was little chance he wouldn't start himself a guild, he enjoyed helping, having an impact. And the best way to do that, was to lead from the front. Every time they'd gone out on a quest, he'd been in the front. So this time would be nothing different. And as for her answer...She didn't want to leave the current guild, it had been nothing but wonderful in teaching her. But...

"Be honest with me Stryd....you're starting up a new guild, and want me to be a co-leader" She looked at him, her eyes glint with intelligence. There hadn't even been a look of surprise when he revealed his intentions, she'd known for days now what was going to happen. It was within her prediction, one she'd made after the 'raid' against the little dragon. "Using that, you'd split the guild into teams. You'd have yourself up top, ensuring everyone is safe. There would be me, taking care of supporty and non-combat players, then you'd have one other, a combat focused player, to work with you on raids and such...." It wasn't a question, oh no, this was a statement. A prediction, using Stryder as a base model. She'd put that all together, from simply knowing him. 

She stretched her arms against the grass <Search>. "I am the daughter of two very successful business officals Stryder, i picked up a few things about how to read people, and what a good venture looks like" This side of her, had Stryder ever seen it before? The cold harsh calculations of someone who had to take care of many angles? Or was her desire to sleep all he saw? She would've liked to know. 

Id: 88700

LD: 9(+3)=12

Total gathered T2: 4

Edited by Eatos

Sky wasn't surprised she had seen though him so much, she knew him better than anyone here in this world did, and he guessed she would have had some idea, especially once she saw he left.... Why else would he leave the guild he had been made second in command of, a guild he had put a lot of time into... He sighed, letting out a small chuckle, looking up as his eyes took in the rising dawn.

"You'd be correct in each area, except one. You wouldn't be sitting back doin nothin and managing the supports, well, not only that. Your not the helpless girl i met, you have grown quite a lot. Every time we head out, i think i'l drag you into the field to keep everyone alive" He said to her, smiling. He was suprised she had revealed a little about her real life, it was something not many people did in this game. Most people didn't reveal personal information... 

"Sounds like an enjoyable childhood!"

So her prediction had been mostly right. Her role within the guild would be primarily of a supportive nature, while Stryder worried about offensive capacities. That was something she could very well work around, given her previous game experience. Not to mention her current skill list being all support based skills, such as healing. With that, she would operate in the backline of a fight. Not only healing whoever was tanking the most damage, but also helping co-ordinate attacks. It made sense, it was what she was best at after all.

"So that's my purpose within the guild....I understand..." she said calmly, running a hand over the grass once again and finding <Search>

"They taught me a lot, even if they were out a ton. I learnt so much....like how to handle money" she lazily looked over at Stryder "I'll head the guilds treasurey by the way, money decisions are best left to the professionals after all" She had no intent to be snarky or rude, but rather, this was her being smart. She had the knowledge to make it work, so why not use what she knew here to her advantage?

ID: 88961

LD: 16(+3)=19

Total T2 gathered: 8

Edited by Eatos

He couldn't help but let out a laugh, she was taking a lot of control of his guild, though he wasn't going to deny it. He wasn't great with finances, and didn't have enough money for anything. He knew how much a building would cost, it was going to take him a LOT of col to actually get a guild hall... He wanted a big one, a guild hall that would allow him to feel like he had done something.... And once that was done, he would be locked into the guild. He would not be able to leave it, if he invested that much into it, he would be bound until he died.... But that was something he was willing to do, as long as he spent the time protecting others.... As long as he was protecting others.

"Sounds like a plan, i think i would have liked your parents if i had met them.... You got any problems with your position in the guild?" Sky asks, wondering how this was going to go... He didn't know how well his guild was going to go, but he had a good idea. The sun was now in the air, and not obscured. The light was making the mist shine, giving the hill a beautiful shine.

The guild could work, in theory. The obvious issue was that she had no experience as a leader of a guild, and neither did Stryder. However, lack of experience doesn't result in promised incompetence, simply assumed. It may have a few, rough, patches, but overall, she was confident they'd be successful in getting members, having a system in place to ensure player safety and be able to gather the members needed to get the guild off the ground.

She snorted softly about Stryders comments about her parents. She couldn't answer that, because, well, she didn't know them too well herself. They were so focused on work, something Eatos never held against them. They ensured she had everything she ever needed, set her up for success in the world. If that was the price, a lack of seeing them and a distance. Then, well, it was a cost they had been willing to take, and Eatos could understand it. It was non-traditional, but understandable non-the-less.

"No problems no. As we develop as a guild, i'm certain we'll run into issues. If we do, ensure we have a meeting before you do anything drastic. Last thing we need is confusion between leadership. If that happens, well, the guild could well crumble because of it" Her eyes didn't move to Stryder, closed as she lay out on the grass "It also means that, when it comes to the guild, we need a level of professionalism. Keep emotions out of it, from each other and members within the guild. That acceptable?"

Sky let out a light chuckle at her, saying about emotions. He knew she was right, one hundred percent right, he had to learn to keep his feelings under wrapped, but... He also had to watch out for them, and he knew that him getting to know others personally would give him the will to fight harder, to get stronger... To protect them even more fiercely. He looked around, grabbing a rock and throwing it off the cliff. He hoped his guild would work.... He had no real knowledge on how to do this, he had become second in command of the Emerald Harbingers, but that didn't make him feel a whole lot more confident. 

"For leadership issues, that part is easily dealt with. There will be three council members, basically the head of the guild. I want three people so that if there is a disagreement, we will have an odd vote and be able to choose for the majority, and anyone who goes against them in the guild will be punished, maybe. As for keeping professionalism.... I'l do my best, but you know me by now, i'm bound to get attached to them. I can promise that while in public as a guild i will keep the appearance up, but if i'm just with one or two of them i'm gonna let that guard down, no point in fighting with people you can't trust" He said, giving her a smile. He hoped she would get what he was saying, as he had fought with her many times, and he trusted her. It was why he wanted her as his number two, well, actually as his equal number one. He didn't want to lead alone, and he didn't want someone else to do it for him. He needed help, and he wanted to be involved, and this time, he could do both.

The system that Stryder was offering did make sense, a three person leadership. Much like he said, with three of them, then any disupts will be easy to resolve in a vote. And assuming everyone kept a level of professionalism and didn't  take votes against them personally, there would be no issues. The girl stood up and looked around, searching for something, the right words to say. In her search, she managed to find some materials under the tree. She picked them up, and let out another yawn.

"Professionalism, Stryder, means that if i go against you on something, you don't throw a hissy fit and quit the guild, or try and remove me" she explained calmly "A professionalism that would be like in the real world, that's what i expect from you" Because it would happen, they would disagree eventually. She knew it, he was so focused on combat that players who didn't want to go the frontlines would rally behind her, and it would be her job to act as the barrier between Stryder and the scared players. But, that was pointless until they reached that point, which wouldn't be for some time. 

"I think its best, if you do become attached to the members. It's an appealing quality of a leader, to know those who you fight with. It'll make them more loyal to the guild, and more specifically, you. You'll be the face of the Guild after all, the more people know about you, the better" 

ID:89562

LD: 18 (2Cd). 3 Materails Found

Total T2 matieral: 11

Edited by Eatos

ID# 89650 results:

Loot: 19 - Mat Found - T2

He was honestly surprised, she actually thought he might try to leave or remove something that he was creating, something that he wanted her to help him run. He was not going to quit it, and he was not going to kick her from it. If anything, he expected her to try and get him knocked out of it when he played up a little to much, which he could honestly see happening. It was at that point where he looked at his feet, seeing what looked like some shiny blue metal, he picked it up handing it to Eatos, he had no use for it, though she did.

"Well.... I don't know about being the face of the guild... I know, its my guild, I will be the representative if we ever catch the eye of other guilds, iv just had no experience with it, but, guess i will have to learn won't i" He says to her, smiling stupidly for fun. "You know your going to have to get to know them too. I know that not everyone will follow me to the frontline, some might decide to stay back, and i expect you to be there for them when i can't be"

Eatos smiled, and thanked, Stryder for the material. She needed more, she had his order to complete and was out of Tier 2 materials with which to craft with. As Stryder started talking about how he felt, well, Eatos had to not roll her eyes. Was he that lacking in confidence? It was obvious he'd become the 'face' of the guild, for a few reasons. The most obvious being that he was likable, mostly. Sure, a few things could change, but other then that, he was honestly capable. Lacking in confidence, but well, no one was perfect. 

"When it comes to our guild members and the public, you'll be the figure head. You're starting this guild, it only makes sense that you lead from the front. That, and well, i doubt you're much of a backline leader" Given the sheer number of times Struder had thrown himself into battle, it only made sense. 

"Oh i plan to, the players like me, they'll turn to me. It's, well, gunna happen. As for the other guilds, well, that's an issue for another time Stryder. For now, we need to establish ourselves. For example, how do you intend to gather new members?"

Id: 89703

LD: 9(+3)=12 <No Material Found>

Total T2 Material Gathered: 12 

Edited by Eatos

How did he plan to gather new members.... He had no idea, so he started thinking about it. Maybe he could go around and save people and get them in his debt? No that sounded sheepish. He didn't want to be dictatorish.... As he was thinking he saw another bit of blue metal, picking it up and giving it to Eatos, normally he didn't get this lucky with searching for stuff, but he put it past himself and just kept thinking about how he was planning to get members.... He kept thinking about it, being silent for about three minutes before he shrugged and looked at Eatos.

"Honestly, i have no idea. I'm going to invite anyone who wants to follow from harbinger, but i'm not out to destroy Atzo's guild, so im not going to try and force anyone. As for others, i think i'l just put flyers out and have a massive meet up somewhere, probably on the fourth floor at the frozen lake.... And i guess to make them join i'l just be honest, no deceitful tricks or stupid plots, just the truth"

ID# 89704 results:

Loot: 20 - T2 Mat Found - Given to eatos

Well, she had indeed heard much less ideal approaches to recruitment for a guild. Namely the ones her roommates had sprung on her not long after she moved in to the apartment. That being an implied 'threat' of increased rent, but the game had been enjoyable so she didn't go against it. Hell, so much of what they taught her then had kept her alive now. Recourse management, equipment skill selection. Who knows what she'd be like without it. However, there was an issue. It would attract a very limited number of players, and building themselves up from there would be a struggle. Stryder had ambitions to become a front line player and to do that, he needed a group behind him to make them want to select him. There were two issues. 

Eatos stood up and walked to the edge of the mountain, and as she stared out, and stopped some mateirals at her feet, quickly picking them up. The first issue was reaching the front lines, where players had high levels and some of the best equipment. Getting access to that level of equipment wasn't childs play, and would be a strain on her as a blacksmith. The second would be, well, she had no desire to go to the front lines. But, as the guild healer, it would fall to her to care for the guild. Would Stryder expect her to place the others lives ahead of her own? It felt that way, and it scared her to know this. 

"We'd start of small doing that" She said calmly "It will take us a long time to rally the following you need to go to the front line, and many of the players will be low leveled. If you're willing to accept your deal of front lines are many months away at the minimun, then yes. That works perfectly fine"

ID: 89976

LD: 14 (+3)=17 <Materials Found, Gatherer active. CD: 11 +3>

Total Gathered: 17

Edited by Eatos