[PP-F3] Bucknut [Worn Out Welcome]

03-770x425.jpg

"You have your own armor that can protect yourself from those lowly beasts, and yet you still come here asking if there is an errand for you?"

Ichi nods while looking at the blacksmith Griswold, who is sitting on a chair, polishing a katana blade as nicely as he can. The metallic surface shines with a hint of glory as he reflects it upon the sunlight through the window, making sure that it is dry.

"Well, you look like a good sort," says Griswold as he carefully wraps the cloth around the blade before setting it down onto the wooden table, and turns his full attention towards Ichi, who already donned his armor.

"Well, if you want to be a good Samatarian, there is something you can do for me," he continues. "There is a dark elf I want dead. He has been lurking around those areas with metal ores, my favorite mining place that is. He would swing his sword whenever he sees me, and there is nothing I can do to stop him. You could say that I am a lazy f**k, but I'm...not as energetic as I used to be when it comes to fighting..."

"..where is the elf?" Ichi asks as he smiles, eager to accept the quest.

"Straight to the point eh? No tedious how and whys. I like that. Head north for a few miles, then turn to west as soon as you reach a tall rock. That's a landmark for the mine."

"Ok," he says as he nods and soon leaves the forgery, but not before receiving an advice from Griswold.

"Bring a friend with you pal, just in case. I admire your helpfulness and eager behaviour but, I don't want you dead. Ok bud? Good luck, and I promise I'll give you something you can use as a gift for your friend or girlfriend!"

@Saphira

As Saphira heard, that ther was an amateur Alchemist who opened a shop at the third floor she made a decision to visit him - Maby he could tell me something that could help me as an Alchemist - . In the town of beginning she asked some NPC´s about the third floor. They all told her, that the third floor has many forests and that the mobs there are stronger than These at the second floor. Saphira stood in front of the portal and looked at her equipment - Armour? Check. Fearless wings? Check. Frost dagger? Check. Cloak- you do nothin unless good looking...but check. This will be my fist time that I use the portal, I hope this won´t be my last time - Then she walked into the portal.
As she opened her eyes again, she stood in a town. First she thought, that she was still in the town of beginning, but this town looks different. searching for an NPC she looked around and as she found a young NPC girl she asked her about an alchemie store who opened for a few days, named C.P.S.M . - Yeah. I know the shop. Walk down the street. When she reached a little marketplace, turn left, then the second right, then you will see an intersection, turn right again. Then you can see the shop. - - Thank you. - she said and staerted walking. After some time she reached the street with the alchemie shop. In front the shop Saphira stopped and looked up to the logo of the shop - finally I found it - she said happy. As Saphira heared steps coming down the street she turned around.

Maybe it's time for a little rest first...or just go? Rest or go? Rest or go? Ichi taps his foot as though he is in a mood for a quest, he thinks that it is best to get himself some rest first, especially since he was quite busy in reading alchemic books, wandering around towns, training his legs and maybe trying to befriend some players, though he declined that since many are busy trying to advance towards the front lines.

Rest it is then. He walks back towards his alchemic shop, intending to experiment on some lagoons. The NPCs are still frequent today, but players are not as many as they used to be in this settlement. Maybe some set up shop here, but so far, he could only see few, or none at all.

As he reaches the intersection and turns right, he approaches his shop when he sees you standing at the entrance. A girl, level 1. Seems to be a dagger wielder. 

"H..hello? How can I help you?" He asks as he thinks that you are probably waiting for him.

@Saphira

Saphira looked at the person, and as he was near enough he asked her, if he could help her. For a short moment Saphira could just look at the young man. After a few seconds she began to talk. - Uhmm...H-Hey there - she said shy - I don´t really know if you could help me. I am searching for the owner of the alchemie shop, I hope I could learn something about potions from him to improve my alchemie skills... - she said still shy, then she asked - But maby, if you know where he could be, you could help me searching for him? - . Short she looked at the shop, then she looked back at the man. He was bigger than Saphira, maby 10 centimeter. - He looks scary - she thought disquiet - I wonder how old he is...Older than me, thats for sure. Ohh man, I wish Mister CrawCraw were by my side...But as she talked to me he sounded a little bit shy...maby he just looks scary. - with this hope she looked again at him.

@Ichi

OOC: I say sorry, if my english is bad. And my character is now level 4...I know the one thing says level 1, but in the first hidden contense is my current level.

Edited by Saphira

Ichi smiles as he listens to you, and as soon as you finish speaking, he says, "Well, I'm the owner of this shop. I'm not a master alchemist, but maybe I can teach you and let you read some of the books I have. Come on in."

Opening the door, he lets himself and you into the shop, and shuts the door after that and sits onto the chair near his work table. The place is fairly clean, and the shelves still as tidy as ever. In the For Sale shelf, there is an antidote and a healing potion which he recently brewed, price ain't an expensive one too. In another shelf, there are the books he mentioned, most related to alchemy, some of them about monsters, and few are fiction. Not child friendly ones too...heh.

"Like this place? I thought the tree setting would be nicer," Ichi says as he arranges the equipment and the remaining ingredients in one place before turning back to you.

"So...what exactly do you want me to teach you? Remember, I'm...only an amateur, and nothing more."

@Saphira

After she finished talking, the man said, that he was actually the owner of the shop. Then he opened the door and said that she can come in. As she stepped insid she looked curious around. From inside the shop looks like a little treehouse with shelves at the walls. In one of the shelf stood some potions, in another were some books - Maby some alchemie books? - . Amazed she looked still around and nearly failed to hear the man next words. - This is the first time I´m in a alchemie shop of a player. - she said with a bright smile - It looks beautiful! - As she looked again at the man, he asked her what she want to know and that he is only an amateur. - Uhhm...maby you could tell me somethin about how to brew potions, or which materials are good to brew some potions. - she looked at the guy.
- As exchange I could help you maby at something. - Saphira said - But first I think, I should say my name, I´m Saphira - .

@Ichi

Edited by Saphira

"I'm Ichi," he replies with a smile as he hears your name and acknowledges it. Saphira...is that a reference to some kind of jewel? The name sounds familiar to his ears but whatever. 

He stands up briefly to get some good alchemic books out and places them onto the table, before returning to his seat. These books are good pals once an alchemist gets to understand them, but of course, trial and error is always a necessity to actually see if you can do this and that successfully.

Now hearing your request and your assistance in return, he simply stares at your face as he sits firmly onto his chair, leaning against its post while crossing his legs.

"Well, first I'll tell you about ingredients. Erm, you can get those from other alchemic shops, NPCs or find them yourself in the wild. Finding them isn't really easy. You have to go to certain places that have those materials like plants or organic material from living creatures. 

"And as for buying materials, keep in mind that you need bases. Buying is the only method of getting them. Without bases, your potion won't work at all. Follow the book's instructions to make sure that you are pouring the correct bases based on what type of potion you want to make. Then there are other materials like Zincblende, Orpiment, Pure Gold, and so on. Buy those too if you can afford them. At least one or two is fine since they are vital for stronger potions.

Not all materials are strong. Some are weak enough to eliminate the process of making a potion. But keep trying anyway. Eventually, your luck will be fulfilled.

You get what I'm saying so far?"

@Saphira

Edited by Ichi

As Ichi stopped talking and asked her if she had understand what he told her, Saphira answered: - Yeah. I think I get what you are saying - . Interested she looked at the books, which were bound in darkbrown leather. On one of the books was a potion bottle depicted, and in black font stood "Alchemie for beginner" . - Is it possible that I...Uhhm...That I could borrow some of this books for a few days? - she said shy to Ichi - After I had read them, I would bring them instantly back to your shop. And as I said earlier, as exchange I could help you by solving a quest, or searching some materials for you - she said, still with a shy look at Ichi. - I hope he doesn´t do think, that I want to steal the books. I just want to read them, and as exchange I will help him, like I help Hei considering that he gave me the armour. - unsettled she waited for Ichis answer.

@Ichi

"Sure," Ichi says as he knows that you will need those books so much that you are willing to keep it for a while. That is okay. He has memorized some of the recipes of potions and supposed lagoons anyway. Standing up, his face lights up with joy as he hears your offer to help him in his quest, and later becomes serious as he states that, "Your help is welcome. Speaking of helping, let's get right to that.

Donning his armor and his sword, Ichi gets out of his shop and walks alongside you while remembering the details of the quest. Find the dark elf, and get whatever he dropped and give that to the old man. Then the armor can be given to you since his armor is stronger in comparison. It doesnt take long for him and you to step outside the entrance of the settlement and reach the foreboding hills.

...this place is a little unsettling, especially when the weather is gloomy today. Ichi remains silent for the rest of the walk and keeps his hand onto the handle of his sword.

@Saphira

After a few seconds Ichi answered her with a "sure" and said with joy, that her help by the quest is welcome. Then he rose, took his sword and armour and walked out the shop, Saphira followed him. While walking, Saphira thought about the quest, and what the quest would be. Soon they reached the end of the settlement, and then they reached the foreboding hills. Saphira looked to Ichi - Uhmm...what will we have to do in this quest? Searching materials or fighting some mobs? Or maby both? I just want to know on what I have to prepare myself. - she said. - I think the quest is with some fighting - she thought and laid her hand at the hild of her dagger, ready to search some mobs. - If it comes to a fight...I wonder how strong floor three mobs are, I hope they wont be that strong - she thought with a little shudder - But still I would try to fight them - .

@Ichi

Edited by Saphira

300455_nempatriarch_mantis-monster.jpg\

"We are going to find a dark elf, kill him and loot a material that will be provided to the blacksmith so he can create your first armor," He says as he draws out his sword, keeping his walking pace steady while he looks around for any incoming threats.

Sure enough, no more than ten minutes later, Ichi hears the sounds of multiple legs stomping the grassy ground in an unfocused rhythm. Turning around, he is a bit surprised to see a large praying mantis advancing towards him, wondering where in the world does it come from. No time to think of such trivialities. This mantis is indeed large, having golden front spines that has little do to with its normal damage. What a show off. Even so, that damage can be quite dangerous for a low level player, especially for Ichi who only has a breastplate for armor, and maybe even you who are probably armor-less. 

Ichi's face becomes dead serious as he lets his sword glow to unleash a Sword Art against the mantis. The fight begins.

Enemy Stats

Mantis: HP 30/30; DMG 9; MIT; 0

ID: 88461

BD: 1

MD: 1

Energy: 4/6

Ichi: HP 60/60

Mantis: HP 30/30

Really? Both of them miss? Pathetic. Look at the way both of them swinging their weapons like idiots. Come on man, do better will ya?

@Saphira

Edited by Ichi

Ichi sayd, that they are going to find a dark elf, kill them, loot his drop and bring it to a blacksmith, who would craft a armour out of it. - I wonder how the dark elf looks. Maby he is, like his name says, completely dark. - thinking about how the elf could look, she took no notice of the strange noise. As Ichi turned around, she also turned around and looked at a big mantis with golden front spines. - What the heck? - she said suprised and took out her dagger. Before she could do another move, Ichi tries to hit the mantis. Both of them, mantis and Ichi, missed each other - If this were not a fight, Saphira probably would start to laugh, ´cause of the fact, that both of them missed. But this was a fight. Saphira made a step forward took intuitive a trusted posture. The dagger starts to glow and she made another step to the mantis, then she made a circle and created two small tempests of air which hit the mantis. As the mantis tries to hit her, she rised her arm and repelled the hit.

ID# 88462
Battle: 6 -> use two Energy for an Round Accel (2x1 DMG) -> hit the mantis with 6 DMG
Mob: 7

- Stats -

Ichi: 60/60 HP
Saphira: 79/80 HP | DMG: 6 | -2 Energy

Mantis: 24/30 HP | DMG: 7

@Ichi 

Edited by Saphira

ID: 88463

BD: 9

MD: 9

Energy: 1/6 (Used Snake Bite!)

Ichi: HP 59/60

Mantis: HP 16/30

(OOC: There is no such thing as no damage in SAO RPG. Even if your armor MIT exceeds the enemy's total damage, you will always receive 1 DMG unless the enemy misses. Edit your HP in your previous post now or it wont be eligible since you are breaking this small rule.)

The mantis staggers as your dagger slashes its body, retreating for a while as it scratches your arm in a puny way, barely delivering serious damage. At this point, Ichi lets his sword glow once more, this time feeling determined that he won't miss. With a grin, he launches his sword forward, performing the Snake Bite by slashing the head and abdomen ruthlessly in three successions, carving the skin open.

The mantis lets out a shriek as it wildly swings its front spines around, grazing Ichi's cheek since he is a little too close to itself. Oops. Stepping back a little to gain a safe distance, Ichi grips the sword tightly as he notices that he is almost there. 

Meanwhile, he looks at you as he hopes that you are okay, and glads that you are so. That dagger doesn't look so bad, and if you are to be an assassin, maybe the blade would instantly pierce the flesh like a sponge or something.

Hopefully it can do the same to this pest.

@Saphira

Edited by Ichi

After she jumped away from the mantis, she noticed, that something had triggered her regeneration - Oh, we should end this quickly - she thought and took the same posture as for the fisrst attac and waited. As her dagger starts to glow again she mad two steps forward and turned meanewhile, to create the Tempests of air again. Successful she hit the mantis and starts to smile grim. Saphira jumped out of the range of the mantis, and the mantis missed her target. Saphira looked at the badly wounded mantis, then she looked to Ichi - I am okay. And you? - she said - I think the mantis didn´t hit him, but I think it´s better when I ask - . Then she looked again at the mantis. - Get her! I think the next good hit will kill her. - She said to Ichi and made her self ready to improfe his hit in the emergency. Staring at the mantis she stand there.

ID# 88464
Battle: 7 -> use two Energy for Round Accel (2x1 DMG) -> DMG: 6
Mob: 2

- Stats -
Ichi: 59/60 HP
Saphira: 80/80 HP (cured 5 HP) | DMG: 6 | -2 Energy  -> used Round Accel (5/8 Energy)
Mantis: 10/30 HP

@Ichi Sorry, I didn´t know that

Edited by Saphira

ID: 88483

BD: 4

MD: 6

Ichi: HP 58/60

Mantis: HP 10/30

Agreeing to your statement, Ichi does not hesitate to take the next swing, but unfortunately the mantis's survival instincts kick in as it starts jumping towards the player and swings its spines around like a maniac. As best as he can, Ichi backs away and parries a few of the mantis's strikes with his sword, one of them managed to graze his breastplate. Ichi rolls backwards and keeps on exchanging blows with the mantis.

It must be tiring as hell if this keeps going, but eventually, both of them are exhausted, panting heavily while maintaining their defenses. Ichi stares at the mantis as he thinks of a plan. That plan requires a bit of distraction though, perhaps your next attack, if successful, would throw the bug's out of focus before he can execute it perfectly. 

Yeah, whatever he is planning, it sounds good and hopefully mortal.

@Saphira

Edited by Ichi

As Saphira told Ichi that, he does not hesitate to take the next hit, but bevor he could hit the mantis she bagan to attack him. The mantis walked forward to Ichi and tried to hit him. Ichi flinched and tried to block the hits of the mantis with his sword. As one of the spines from the mantis scratched over his breastplate, he rolls backwards, but the mantis was still attacking him. - I have to do something! I must help him! Maby I can distract the mantis with a attack. - with this thoughts she took in the pose which would trigger the skill, and as her dagger starts to glow she jumped at the mantis. But as she tries to hit her, the mantis cocked up and Saphira missed the hit. Now the mantis began to attack her, she blocked two of her hits but the third hit, hit her shoulder, she jumped back and blocked the next hit. - Damn it! But it feels not to bad, the reneration is still triggered . I hope he will made the best out of it. - She thought and blocked the next hit.

ID# 88497
Battle: 2
Mob: 9

- Stats -
Ichi: 58/60 HP
Saphira: 79/80 HP -> 80/80 HP ( cured 5 HP ) | -2 Energy ( missed the hit ) 4/8 Energy
Mantis: 10/30 HP

@Ichi

Edited by Saphira

ID: 88498

BD: 6

MD: 6

Ichi: HP 57/60

Mantis: HP 6/30

Guess the plan ain't gonna happen after all, as you end up missing the attack. No matter, the mantis is going to die anyway. As the mantis advances towards you, it raises up its spines, barely being aware of Ichi who is sprinting towards it and rams his sword into its buttocks. The mantis shrieks as Ichi keeps ramming it back and forth before making a cut at the side and retreating from the bug.

Great. 6 HP left and if he is lucky, maybe he can do the killing blow and get the loot. Briefly grinning at this thought, he almost daydreams as he feels a grazing blow at his armored chest, causing him to roll away.

Fuh, he sighs in relief. Better focus on this one, gotta save the strength for the dark elf even if he is fairly weak as described by the smith's wife.

He glances towards you as he gives you a nod, giving you a chance to backstab it, stab it in the eyes, whatever. Part of him hopes that you aren't the executioner, he will be.

@Saphira

Edited by Ichi

Saphira tried to block all the hits of the mantis as these suddenly starts to shrieks. Saphira jumped out of her range and looked to Ichi. First she didn´t saw him, then she discovered him at the side of the mantis rammin his sword in her side. The mantis made a half-turn and tries to hit Ichi - Nice work Ichi - Saphira thought while Holding her dagger infront of her. After a few seconds he began to glow - Nice, this glow is brighter than the last two hits. - Saphira turned the blade of the dagger around, so that she could Smash the dagger down to the body of the mantis, then she began to ran to her. She ran sideways to the mantis and smashed the dagger between two citin plate, then she took him out the wound and smached it again inside the wound, the mantis explodet into pixels. Exhausted Saphira kneeled down and looked up to Ichi - Nice work Ichi - Saphira smiled - Are you alright? -

ID# 88499
Battle: 9 -> crit. hit -> triggers Bleed 1
Mob: 10

- Stats -
Ichi: 57/60 HP
Saphira: 79/80 HP -> 80/80 HP ( cured 5 HP ) | - 5 Energy ( used for Side BIte ) 0/8 Energy
Mantis: 0/30 HP Dead

Edited by Saphira

Ichi nods as he pants heavily, feeling satisfied that he can move on to his quest even though he doesn't get any loot. Doesn't matter. At least he can try to find more mobs if he wants to. Keeping the sword into its sheath, he stands up straight like a statue and soon walks on, using the map as a guide to the dark elf. 

The terrain becomes sort of flat as he reaches one of the mountain's bases. It doesn't seem steep, and it has a trial of mushrooms for players to follow. Ichi looks at the map again to confirm his thoughts about the trial. Eeyup.

These mushrooms looks poisonous, judging by the strange patterns on the caps. Ichi wonders if these are suitable alchemic ingredients. Maybe they are, maybe they don't

ID: 88515

LD: 14 (Fail)

Nope. They definitely look poisonous as f**k. Best to leave them alone. He walks along the path, keeping his hand onto the handle of his sword.

@Saphira

Edited by Ichi

Ichi didn´t answered to Saphiras questinon instead he begun to walk again - Oh man, he really is a strange person...but if the mantis should hit him hard he would definite say something. Maby it is just a scratch. - Saphira stand up and followed him. as the reached one of the mountains the terrain became flatter. And as Saphira looked to the mountain, she start to think again - I wonder where exactly the dark elf will be, and how strong he will be - then she looked to Ichi - It looks like he had found something. Saphira came closer - Mushrooms? They look poisonous. But also they are looking like a way...strange mushrooms - . - Which way now? - she asked Ichi - Should we follow the mushrooms? - Saphira looked at Ichi and then she followed the mushroom-trial with her eyes - I wonder where they lead to. It would be to easy, if they would lead someone to the dark elf, but maby...no! Ichi know where the dark elf is, I´ll follow him - .

@Ichi