OP/F4) The Rising Dawn (Guild Recruitment)

Sky opened his eyes, warping onto the fourth floor. He had just assembled his new Guild, and now he needed to go and get some members! He didn't know why he was chosing the fourth floor, but he knew it had a beautiful location, Frostbite Lake, a safe zone which was out of the main town. He walked around, putting some notices out into the world of the town, putting up a flyer outside the inn and the general store, which read

Those seeking a guild, meet at Frostbite Lake

He then headed over towards the Lake, getting there and sending out a message to the only person he had actually told his plan, eatos.

@Eatos Its time, meet me at Frostbite Lake on the fourth floor, hoping to get a crowd!

After sending that to Eatos, he started making a bit of a snow stage, which he was planning to stand on to hopefully stand out more then others, he wanted to get guild members... And he was going to do wahtever he could.

--

@Jade Eye @Ichi @Hei @Saphira @Pinball

All Welcome

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a normal day for Hei, who awoke in his little room above the store he had opened on the first floor. So the first thing he would do was having breakfast, followed by looking of someone had placed an order form in the mailbox, but as usual, there was nothing. So Hei hadn't been up to much, when he decided, that he would visit a friend who had her shop on the fourth floor. So he chose warm cloth to wear today, with his armour ontop and left the Hanger to teleport up to the fourth floor. Arriving in the chill air of an unending frost he shivered a little, before he made his way over to Eatos, but on his way he found a flyer telling him, that there was a guild recruitment meeting at the Frostbite Lake. - I already am part of a guild, but it's always a good thing to know about what the others are up to - and so he walked over to the Lake, just to find his guildmate over there. "Hey Stryder, have you also found one of those Flyers and wanted to have a look who was gonna recruit people for his guild over here?"

Hearing about a new guild forming in the fourth floor, Ichi decides to join because why not? Maybe he can get to join in a dungeon raid. Or fight together in the wild. Or interact with people. Or even better, duel with someone if he craves to fight against real people.

Donning his breastplate and pauldrons, and equipping his sword, Ichi steps out of an inn he rented for a couple days in the second floor, making his way to his destination based on the map he is viewing constantly. His shop is low on materials, and it is a pain in the ass to go around Aincrad looking for stupid herbs or whatnot. Ichi is getting a little sick of it. If only there is a shop that sells materials...at a low price that is. Or somebody can just buy his antidote or healing potion. Whatever.

The journey takes somewhere in an hour or so since he uses some short, safe routes to the snowy landscape. As his feet steps onto the pile of snow, Ichi begins to shiver, wishing that he brings a winter coat or something. This place is a heaven to anyone who feels hot in other floors, but it can be a freezing hell if staying in the wild for too long without any sort of warmth.

Frozen lake huh? That must be where the guild is meeting. Ichi reluctantly makes his way there until he finally reaches it. There, he could see two other players conversing with each other. One of them must be the leader. He decides to approach them right away.

@Stryder

Pinball was strolling through the grassy plains of the First Floor when he recieved the notification. Pinball was taking his time, enjoying the warm breez, when it struck him. I've only been to three floors my entire life in the game. Not wanting to get left out on anything, Pinball headed to the Fourth Floor, which passerbys informed him was a snowy expanse. Upon teleporting in, Pinball immediatly took notice of a well placed flyer. Stepping off the pedastal and leaning in for a read, Pinball read: 

Those seeking a guild, meet at Frostbite Lake

"Well, that's a bit forboding," he muttered, knowing very well that it could be a PK trap. After mulling it over, he decided he would go and check it out. The frosty winds and the high level mobs could very well cost his life, but he decided it was worth it. The price of knowledge, he told himself. Bracing himself, he made his way to Frostbite Lake...

Pinball slowly crept up to the assembly. He knew it probably wouldn't help, since the players on this floor were bound to easily overpower and or notice him, but creeping up made him feel safer. He was freeziing, but he put it out of his mind as he got closer and realized that two out of three of the people were Hei and Stryder, members of his current guild. "Oh, guys?'

Edited by Pinball

How am I surviving in this weather? Kaluluwa thought to himself. He had an idea of taking in a new view. Currently, the only thing that he has seen is grass and forests from the first and third floors, partially because has never gotten the courage to advance on from the first floor. So currently, he was a bit out of his element. He knew he wasn't planning on fighting anyone or anything, he was simply passing by.

The snowy land that stretched beyond the town was something breathtaking for someone who grew up in a tropical environment and never experienced snow in his life. Amazing. Despite his awe and despite the obvious cold, he wasn't shivering like he thought he would. It was cold, of course, but it wasn't painfully so as long as he did not focus on the temperature. Despite this, he wanted to feel warmth. So he entered in the inn.

It was basically the same layout as the one in Starting City, except, Kaluluwa found a flyer, reading the following: "Those seeking a guild, meet at Frostbite Lake." He thought it was ominous for sure, possibly a trap as prior players had described it as an unguarded safe zone half a kilometer away. Yet, as soon as he entered, he left.

Kaluluwa knew that he couldn't survive on his own, at least for now. He had to take his chances. Kaluluwa ran in the biting cold for half a kilometer to the northwest, doing whatever he could to avoid enemies and other players. He reached the lake.

There were already four players standing there, with a few of them already conversing. Kaluluwa, having entered the safe zone, decided it best to make an introduction of himself. "My handle is Paglikha. You can call me Kaluluwa. I was told to come here if I was interested in joining a guild. Are one of you part of said guild?"

Saphira walked aimless through the town of beginning. It was early in the morning and as she stopped for a short breake, she saw, that she was near to the portal to the other floors - Is this a good decision? - she thought while she walked to the portal. She too a last check on her equipment, then she walked into the portal and chose floor 4. - Whait?!? Floor 4?!? Damn it! - then she stepped out the portal and looked around. She stood on a marketplace in a town, everything was full of snow. With a sigh Saphira thought - If I am already here I could look around in the town - . As she turned around, she saw a flyer. As she came closer to the flyer she start reading: Those seeking a guild, meet at Frostbite Lake
- Frostbite Lake...I wonder where this is... - . Searching for an NPC she walked through the town. As she found one, she asked him, how she would come to this place. The NPC man told her how she could come to this place. Then Saphira began her trip to the Frostbite Lake. After her excitement turns into the typcal boring-silence of Walking alone, she felt the cold wind - Argh! Cold! Why is it so cold? - Saphira wrapped herself in the cloak and starts to walk faster. Nearly the place she stopped and crept closer. She saw five people, two of them looked familiar to Saphira. As she came closer to the people, she recognised two of them - Ichi! Hei! - . Saphira ran to them - N-Nice t-t-to s-see y-you g-g-guys - she said shivering.

Edited by Saphira

Jason was back in the starting town, as he had nothing much to do. He was to weak to really fight on his own, even with his decent equipment he had gotten from a player calle Hei. So what could he do on his own, that wasn't as boring as just sittin here he wondered and after a few moments of thinking about it in silence he had an idea I can't leave the save zone of this town, as all those mobs could probably kill me, but what about visiting other savezones. I heard that they have cleared quite some floors and I can teleport up there without getin into trouble. And as he thought about it, it sounded like a good idea and so he made his way to the teleport platform, but not without taking his weapon out of the inventory, as one could never know.

At random he chose one of the lower floors to teleport too and so he appeared at the fourth floor, without knowing anything about it. The first thing he felt when he knew the teleport was over was the chill cold of a heavy winter. As his eyes got used to the new surroundings, he could have a look and there was quite some snow. Oh yeah, nice. I got into some of this damn winter woder land floors. I hope I don't freeze to death. I better look for a warm place he mumbled to himslef, while leaving the platform. Close by was a tavern, which seemed like a good place to find some warmth, so he entered and mad his way over to the fireplace, where the heat was killing the cold. Sitting down there, he found some kind of flyer, thellin him to come over to the Fostbite lake if he wanted to be part of a guild, and as he wan't very strong on his own, that was a good idea.

After warming up for a few more minutes Jason left the tavern and opened his map to fins out where he had to go to find this lake he had read of. As the way didn't look like one that would kill him, or he hoped so, he started walking towards this place and with just a few detours to not meet some of them wolfs he arrived at the lake. There was a group of players already talking and standing together, so he went over to them just to notice one of them was Saphira. Hi over there. the name's Jade Eye. Are you the guild guys? he said to the group of players, then turning to Saphira Nice to see ya again.

When Stryder had sent his message, the girl wasn't in her shop sleeping. Oh no. His 'Co-founder' was already at Frost-Bite Lake. Eatos, the blue-haired Blacksmith, and Support, had been at the lake for the better part of 3 hours already, singing her heart out. She loved the lake, she'd found it so much like back home, where she used to go to be alone. So for the entire morning, in her jacket, she sung her heart out. Songs of pain, of love, of suffering, all the ones she could remember. She danced with only the icey wind to see her, sung as she were upon a stage with the silence her audience. 

After a time, she went silent. She watched the gathering of players, and she knew what it was already. Stryder and the new guild. Guardians of the New Dawn. The guild she'd been part on forming, a 'substitute' for her old one, given its crumbled leadership. She was sad to see it go, but this new guild. It was what was needed. Slowly, she walked her way over there. A total of 6 people were there, and only a few she knew from sight. Hei, from Emerald, as well as Ichi, who had recently come to her store for his armour and sword. Oh, and Pinball. If she remembered correctly, he was also part of the Emerald Guild, and had come to her store for a dagger? Was it? She couldn't remember, and as she joined Stryder, she let out a yawn. 

She looked at Stryder, and simply nodded at him. He knew what that would mean. She had told him, she would prefer to speak to people, 1 on 1, for recruitment. It was a better gauge of character for her, and he could take the rest in speeches. As leader, that was his job. Of course, she planned to speak to everyone, after all, she didn't want anyone undesirable in the guild. 

Sky was very surprised, and glad with the turn out. He saw a few people he knew, and a few he didn't. He counted.... Eight people, including himself. He had no idea if they all would join, but if they did... He would have a nice sized guild, and a group of new friends that hopefully would stay with him for a long time.

First that arrived was Hei, who came up and asked him something, about him finding the flyers. He was guessing that Hei hadn't realized that Sky had already left the Emerald Harbingers. His response to him was simply "You will see" 

Shortly after, he sees someone he had never met before... Wearing some armor that sort of reminded him of Eato's store, and having a sword on his side. He didn't know him, but he had been approached by him. He didn't say anything to this one, needing to say something to the group as a whole. He watched the others, starting to mingle, though he smiled when he finally saw Eatos arriving. She was his co founder, and she was going to help him get this done!

He stepped onto a higher point, and started speaking to the group.

"Thank you all for gathering, my name is Stryder. I am the Lionheart of the New Dawn, leader of the guild which i am recruiting for. Eatos over there" He said, pointing towards the blue haired girl, smiling at her. "Is the Guardian of the New Dawn, my co-founder. Together, we have created the guild, called 'Guardians of the New Dawn'" He said to the group, wondering now how to make a rousing speech. He hadn't done this before, he was normally shy and nervous.... But he wanted to do this, he WAS GOING TO DO THIS

"We are a guild that for the current time is for leveling, however once we grow, i hope to take us to the frontlines. I want to help save people, i want to keep the players safe. I want to give players a refuge, and i want a guild that will be willing to make a difference" He said, a little shy, not knowing what else he could, or needed to, say. 

"If anyone has any questions, ask either me or Eatos" He finished, wanting to talk to everyone if he could, preferably one on one but he had no idea if he would be able to. 

Ichi looks around as he hears Saphira's voice, and smiles as he waves hello to her, knowing her as the player that seeked help from him regarding alchemy. Whatever she is doing or maybe studying in that profession, he hopes that you are doing okay so far.

Soon, he turns around to see Stryder, the group leader of this new guild, making an announcement that consists of his introduction, the purpose of this guild, and some encouragement. Not bad for someone who might not be a public speaker, and it is enough for Ichi to think that joining this guild is actually worth a try.

Questions huh? Let's see, there must be several he can ask about. Rank, equipment, lodging, etc. Problem is, he ain't sure if he can get a perfect answer from these questions.

Gulping, Ichi raises up his hand and asks Stryder as he looks at him, "W..what do we win at every success?"

Sky was a little underwhemed by the amount of people who asked him stuff. He didn;t know whether to chalk it up to his bad speech, or them just being nervous. One had asked him something, so he looked at him, deciding to answer his question in hopes of expanding the broad scale of this whole gathering. He smiled, wondering himself what they would win.

"For now, i don't have much to say we 'win', but the best answer i can give to that would be saving others. Yes, i know its cliche, but i haven't got a col offer, nor should you need one. You should have your guildmates with you, and someone who will help you stay alive, if thats enough for you"

He realized how bad that was, but it was the honest answer, and he gave it honestly. He didn't know what else to say, but.... He had to get everyone talking. He looked around, seeing one guy he had no idea about. He didn't know what t say, but.... He had to do something.

He looked around, then got the idea to split them up, sending a few to Eatos, and a few to talk to himself.

"Hey Eatos, could you talk to @Jade Eye, @Saphira and @Paglikha, she can answer your questions" He said, looking towards the four.

@Hei, @Ichi and @Pinball, i'l answer any questions you got" He said, taking a deep breath before walking onto the group.

((Deeply sorry, in the OP that I've done, we've more or less followed a posting order so I was waiting on some others. Haha.))

Kaluluwa was stunned by Stryder's speech, so much that he felt himself unable to talk or move. It wasn't that he was a great public speaker, but the message that it projected out resonated so much that it seemed as if it was the perfect guild for him. He began to think about Axios, how he would've loved to see this guild. If only he was here.

Kaluluwa's attention was snapped back to reality when his online handle was called. He looked around to the girl that Stryder had pointed out as Eatos and walked over to her. "Hello, my name is Paglikha. You can call me Kaluluwa if you'd like." Kaluluwa paused for a second, hoping that his dead eyes weren't scaring her or concerning anyone. "I'd like to level up with everyone. I just recently became a performer. I can pledge some songs I've created to the guild to help people get familiars or grind, the works. That if, if you'd have me."

Kaluluwa knew he seemed unnaturally proper. However, these were the first people he would be talking to in a while. He didn't want to offend anyone with impolite manners. He only hoped that his face didn't aid sending the wrong message; that he was only there for business.

The blacksmith stood at the side, silent, her amber eyes watching over the group. Stryders speech was, well, she'd heard better. But yet again, such a speech was only a formality. All these players had come seeking a guild, so the uses of such a speech served only to reinforce the guild, and direct a workflow. She had opted to silence, waiting, thinking. Her mind was her weapon, the best she had. Sharper than any blade....when she wasn't tired. Her 'uniform' was her armour, it was what she wore when she was doing anything, minus sleeping, of course. She had some cute clothes for that. 

She watched carefully at the male who approached her. Paglikha...An interesting name. She frowned at him before anything, she had stopped it rather quickly. His eyes were, well, something. However, despite her observation, she didn't seem to react to his appearance, and any 'doubt' she may have had, remained buried behind an unreadable face. After all, this was all simply negotiations here. A trade, a deal, where both parties can gain, or loose. Her amber eyes hardened as she took a deep breath through her nose. 

'Ok, a performer. What does that provide: Buffs, debuffs, area of effect uses. Without a doubt something that is usable for a guild. Combine that with other professions, and we've got excellent staffing for most combat situations. However, it does have its consequences....He's a low level, that much i can tell from here. He'd have to be supplied supplementary equipment by me, and Stryder would have to take him out on levelling quests. Still...' 

She hadn't said a word, and was silent for a good minute after Paglikha finished offering his services. Her mind whirling, until she smiled softly, a gentle look on her face that removed the hard analysis look that had consumed her for the past minute. "Pleasure to meet you Paglikha" she said warmly "I'll admit, there aren't too many performers these days. We could use someone like you, although...You are aware the ultimate intention for the combat section of the guild is to arrive on the Front Lines yes? Given your, well, level. You'll be rather far behind compared to some...this doesn't bother you?"

What an innocent question it was veiled as, while it was so much more. But, it was what she did best no? A sweet smile, a soft voice, and everyone saw her as an innocent flower. Her question was nothing to sinister, but rather, derived from curiousity. How well would he work with the rest of the current guild?

@Paglikha

"I'd like to say that I've dealt with... Worse." Kaluluwa responded back trailing off at the end there, getting some flashbacks of his time in the Philippines. In the meantime, an awkward pause ensued. After taking a deep breath, not wanting to raise concern, he explained what he meant by worse. "I used to be the poorest of the poor in a third world country. I didn't have to just work hard enough to survive, I also had to be smart enough. Obvious end of the story? I survived. I was smart enough and admittedly lucky enough to become a charity project of some schools in Japan. That's where my body is right now, assuming that it hasn't been moved back to the Philippines."

Kaluluwa looked away towards the snowy hills. He was still captivated at the sight of a winter wonderland. It distanced him from the tropical weather of his motherland. He forced a sigh and continued. "If I survived over there, I'd think I'd have at least a chance of surviving here." Kaluluwa looked back to Eatos. "In short, I understand the combative intentions of this guild and that I'm starting near Ground Zero. However, you must understand that I'm not fazed in the least bit." Kaluluwa paused and stared into Eatos' amber eyes for a couple of seconds.

He broke eye contact with her for half a second, checking on the other players. He then spoke in a quieter voice, not so much a whisper but in an attempt to display humility and being still kind-hearted. "Well, I'd like you to not misunderstand me. I'm not some battle-scarred veteran and victim of the real world. If anything, planning to join this guild should be proving the opposite." After all, I just want to help others. He let a second for his words to sink in. "Also, feel free to call me Kaluluwa. It is, of course, ultimately up to you."

@Eatos

Pinball took in the mini-speech, let it sink in a bit. He would have to ask about Atzo, see what it is that made Stryder leave to create his own guild.  Right now though, the teenager was freezing, and standing in place wasn't exactly helping that. After walking back and forth, mulling over his options, he decided it would be best to join this guild. After all, he didn't know really know anyone in his guild that intimately, and if the Emerald Harbingers were stalling out, there was really nothing there for him. He had only joined the Harbingers because he was asked, but this guild was different. After listening to Stryder speak, he began to see some sort of future ahead, whether it be good or bad. The only real choice he had to make was whether he wanted to get to that future alone, or with others. They both had their benefits, and Pinball might even decide to leave the guild one day, but for now, he would try to enjoy himself. To do that, joining the guild was the best choice. But he had questions first. Pinball walked up to Stryder, trying his best to hide unreasonable nervousness. "Hey, man. What happened with Atzo and the Harbingers? Why'd you leave?" 

The boy before her began to, well, speak of his past. Eatos had to confess, she was somewhat perplexed it. But, it did help her answer the question she hadn’t asked. His arrogance. If there was one thing she loathed above all else, it was arrogance. Pride being one of the 7 deadly sins of humanity, arrogance was simply a subset of pride. From such a ….disadvantaged position, there was every possibility he would be prideful about his recovery.

Her ambers eyes returned to watching his every mood, her mind no longer scattered to the wind. No, it was the cold mind of business, one she’d somewhat inherited from her parents. He seemed respectful, reserved. Yet his eyes, they were dead. What had he seen that would cause this? There was rather a lot to figure out, but for now, well…his talent as a performer was valuable. And he didn’t seem to have a personality issue with Stryder, who he would end up serving under, in theory.

“I’ll stick to Paglikha if I’m honest” she said, no apology, no, this was a statement. Was it her trying to be rude? Surely with a soft smile and warm look on her face, never “Well, I’ll confess this. We could indeed use someone with your talents within the guild. Your levelling, where do you intend to go with your skill points?” She wanted to know, in order to guage where he would end up. Would be serve in the combat teams, like she was assuming, or would he fall under the scout and healer categories? 

@Paglikha

Edited by Eatos

(Its all good Pag, i got sick of waiting for people to post, not your fault)

"Hey, man. What happened with Atzo and the Harbingers? Why'd you leave?" 

Sky watched Eatos start talking to one of the few he had sent her way, the others just doing there own thing while deciding... At least thats what he was hoping they were doing, he wans't paying them much attention, instead focusing on the ones who had come to talk to him, and that happened to be his former guildmate Pinball, who he was suprised was here. He was in a guild, he didn't know why he was here and not with Atzo. Same with Hei, but he hadn't come to talk to him yet. He sighed, listening to Pin, wondering how to best word his response.

"Nothing happened with them, but i just... couldn't do as much good as i really wanted to do. The only people in it i ever saw where Hei and Eatos, i never ran into Vargas, Atzo, Hydra, any of the others much. Sure, i invited a few people in, but.... I haven't talked to them in a long time. This is my why to solve that, well, no teamwork. I'm hoping that with the group gathering here, i can feel like im making a difference" He said to Pin, realizing he had started ranting on, so he shut himself up, laughing a little.

As Stryder sayd, that she could go to Eatos to ask questions, she looked at the blue haired girl with the amber eyes. - I had never seen a person whit amber eyes before - as Saphira tries to walk to her her body feels like frozen. After some time she made it to mover her body and walked jittering to the girl Eatos. - I wonder why Hei is here...he is already in a guild...and I? He invited me to join his guild, the Emerald Harbingers...but now I am here....at least I could inform me about the new guild - . She looked again to her. By her stood a boy. - Oh, I should whait, it looks like they are talking - Still Saphira walked closer to them. - The girl - Eatos - I don´t know why, but she looks a little bit strange... - short she stopped to walk forward and opened her inventory, took Mister CrawCraw out and her dagger in. Saphira began to cuddle her raven plushi, in hope to get warmer.
After the the both stopped talking, Saphira came close enough to talk to Eatos - H-h-hey E-Eatos. A-about the g-guild...I think y-you know Stryder...h-how d-do you think, w-will it be, t-to be i-in the guild? I-i am not that shure about joining but I w-would like to k-know something about the new guild and their objectives - . After she said that she looked in Eatos eyes, whaiting for an answere.

@Eatos

With Stryder's reply, he felt he'd made up his mind. Here was someone who wanted to help, and when he saw he couldn't help, he tried even harder. It was admirable, really, how Stryder had taken initiative in that way. Except it won't really make a difference in the long run. The pessimistic thought came quickly and without warning, and just as quickly Pinball pushed it to the back of his head. Stop moping. Maybe you can learn a thing or two about kindness from this guy. Pinball nodded, understanding. "It's all good. Was just wondering, is all. If you don't mind, I'd like to join the guild as well," he said, tapping the pommel of his dagger. "I really haven't done much, let alone done much to help people. If you'll have me, I think I'll join." Pinball finished, and shivered as his spine tingled. It wasn't from the cold, but rather from the weight of the decision. It was going to change his life, and possibly many more. Maybe, just maybe, this guild would be able to make a difference. Pinball nodded, sure now, and awaited Stryder's response. 

She had just ended her sentence to Paglikha, her question of where he intended to go as a player. After all, such knowledge was important for her. She was a leader, even if it was a bad idea in her opinion. Leading ideas, that was easy. Being a figure for people to look up at, well….she had no choice.

The wind blew, cold icey wind that made her purple jacket billow, and a smile on her face. Oh how she loved this weather, the feeling of the cold wind blowing up against her face. The feeling of familiarity it brought with it. All she needed was Angel, her familiar, which had been sleeping when she woke up. Part of her wondered if the pup would track her down. She let out a deep breath, right as another person arrived. A girl. What struck her first, was her eyes. Green, almost like emeralds. But those eyes, well, they told her enough, along with her voice. This player was nervious, or cold. Given that she seemed alone in her love for the cold weather, it very well could be that.

Her question itself, well, it was too open ended to her liking. While in the world of business, such a question was rather common. But this was the real world, not one of business. She was asked ‘How did she think the guild would be like’. She paused. There were a million ways answer this. She looked at the girl before her, before replying.

“If I know Stryder, as well as I think I know him. Our first priority, at all times, would be to ensure everyones’ survival. It’ll be friendly, you can choose what to do. You don’t have to do a quest alone ever, or if you just want a hang out. It’ll be relaxed. We’re not forming a guild like the other front liners, who have military discipline” she let out a sigh, her breath frosted by the icey winds of the fourth floor “As for our objectives…They’re rather simple for now. Rally players together, ensure they’re safe by helping them level up….and then, if they want, offer them a shot as helping beat the upper floors”

It was a somewhat simply idea they had. Rally players, give them levels to ensure they were safe from monsters. But other then that, other then offering to help like they had been helped. There was no obligation. Expectations yes, but they wouldn’t have to fight, unless they themselves choose to.

@Saphira