[F1 - Performer] Tahimik [Closed for Stocking]

Tahimik

Located right outside of Starting City's main gate lies a wooden shack. Since the shack has nails sticking out of its corners and the door is barely hanging on its hinges, it is apparent it is self-made. Above the doorway, there exists a sign gently swaying from the wind hanging underneath a pole. The sign displays the name of the shop, Tahimik, and that the owner of the shop is a performer. Above the sign and just below the pitched roof, there is a small circular window (the only window in the building) that allows the sun to light the interior.

Upon entering, you can hear the soft playing of a mandolin and a babbling creek (the source is nowhere in sight). There are only three things in the room immediately catch your eye. The first thing that you notice is that there are shelves along the walls with recording crystals and that each shelf bears a label indicating their purpose.  The second thing you notice is that there is a sign above the counter with the following words engraved on it: "Please ring the bell if you have any questions, would like to make a request (be sure to fill the form on the counter), or wish to bargain with the shopkeep. Also feel free to take what you need as long as you pay the required amount and leave it on the counter." The third thing you notice is that there is a "shrine" for deceased friends.

Homage to the Deceased:

Spoiler

Axios Deminence
Juhmer Tena
My dear friend from the real world. Died from a boar on the first floor. I wish I could have spent more time with you, and I can only dream of what could have been if I was able to save you.

Crafting Equipment:

Spoiler

N/A

In-Stock:

Spoiler

Uncommon items:

Rare items:

Perfect items:

Performer Stats:

Spoiler

Rank 1: Musico Primo. Grants ability to craft Tier 1 equipment from the start and Tier 2 equipment when Floor 11 has been cleared by players.

[1] = Critical Fail (Lose materials)
[2-5] = Fail (Lose materials)
[6-9] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
[10] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
[11] = Rare item (2 slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 slots)

Attraction Songs (available at rank 1) Monster Call, Monster Grenade, etc. Attraction songs can call monsters and, on a perfect craft, attracted monsters have a -1 on the BD on the first attack.

Criitical Fail and Fail crafts: 1 EXP

Salvage crafts: 2 EXP

Uncommon crafts: 3 EXP

Rare crafts: 5 EXP

Perfect crafts: 8 EXP

Rank 1: 0 EXP (2 Crafts per day)
Rank 2: 40 EXP (4 Crafts per day)

Transaction Log:

Spoiler

09/27/2017:

• +20 Mats from Personal Inventory
  • +1510 Col from Personal Inventory

09/28/2017:

• -2 Mats
  • +2 Peering Eyes (Monster Grenade) [Uncommon and Rare]
  • +8 EXP [Crafting 1 Uncommon and 1 Rare]

10/08/2017:

• -1 Mats
  • +3 EXP [Salvaged 1 craft and failed another]

11/09/2017:

• -1 Mats
  • +10 EXP [Salvaged 1 craft and 1 Perfect]

Kaluluwa entered the back room of his shop to see three wooden boxes (one filled with recording crystals and the others empty) and his mandolin resting on top of a simple wooden chair. It would be taking some getting used to, although the mandolin and guitar were very similar in playstyles, he wasn't expecting it to be so different. The notes, the chords, even the scales that he had learned were all so different and it seemed difficult to play it on the mandolin. He knew it'd take some practice to do so, but he'd eventually get a hang of it. Maybe when I get back to the real world, I'll get a mandolin myself.

He then began to play a song, it wasn't particularly graceful or soothing, but it could still bring attention. He had to begin playing off a few simple notes, nothing crazy or out of hand. He was in the middle of a song when he found out that the recording crystal had finished. He sort of hoped that the songs would last longer, rather than just a minute or two.

He dropped the recording crystal into the "fulfilled" bin and reached in the recording crystals for another one. He then began to play the same song. However, this time, he attempted to string together the notes more smoothly rather than wait half a second before playing the next notes. When he got the notification that the recording crystal was filled, he placed it into the "fulfilled" bin. At this rate, I might not even need the "forgotten" bin.

Kaluluwa then walked out of the back room with the bin in hand, and stacked the recording crystals on a shelf labeled, "Peering Eyes - Monster Grenade Songs."

Spoiler

Name: Peering Eyes
Your Profession: Performer
Your Rank: Rank 1
ID: 88860
Roll: 10
Item Type: Attraction Song - Monster Grenade
Tier: Tier 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Spawns 1 monster with a +1 LD while rolling for loot
Description: Slightly ominous with low tones. While listening to the song, you feel as if you're being watched by something that isn't quite human.

Name: Peering Eyes
ID: 88861
Roll: 11
Item Type: Attraction Song - Monster Grenade
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Spawns 2 monsters with a +2 LD while rolling for loot
Description: Slightly ominous with low tones. While listening to the song, you feel as if you're being watched by something that isn't quite human.

Edited by Paglikha
  • 2 weeks later...

Kaluluwa was busy gathering information from the other players. Kaluluwa knew that the catch-up game that he was playing would be more difficult if the amount of knowledge he had was insufficient. Consequently, he wasn't able to visit his shop for the past couple days. However, Kaluluwa recently discovered that the instrument acquired by completing the quest is cosmetic and can be changed by the player. If he was able to play the guitar, he knew it would become a lifesaver and also save him the trouble of learning a new instrument. Please, please work. It did. Where his mandolin once was, there was now a guitar. He sat down and began to play the instrument that he loved in the real world, once again.

Sadly, however, he was out of practice and a bit rusty and was unable to play even the easiest of notes and the sounds that came from his guitar grated against his ears. Out of the two recording crystals that he was using to record his failed attempts, he was only able to salvage one material and erase the song before it was locked in forever. He simply placed the salvaged recording crystal back into the "potential" bin and the fiasco into the "forgotten" bin. Guess I did need it.

Spoiler

ID: 89234; CD: 8; LD: 3
<<Unable to salvage material.>>

ID: 89235; CD: 7; LD: 16
<<Salvaged 1 material.>>

Edited by Paglikha
Finishing crafting
  • 1 month later...

Kaluluwa took a deep breath as he entered the shop. Dust angels were spread throughout the small shack, giving it a musty smell. However, Kaluluwa did not dislike the smell. It reminded him of a new house and brought back fond memories of when he first came to Japan. He could almost see it now. His designated mentor, Shiota, welcomed him with a cooked meal which Kaluluwa graciously accepted.

Opening entering the back room of his shop, Kaluluwa sat down on the chair and picked up his guitar and funneled his emotions into the instrument. Hoping, that he can be satisfied with what he creates.

The first song was near perfect. He wanted to attempt a song named Flower Dance that was his favorite song. He was surprised to find that he still remembered how to play it after these two years.

The second song, however, he thought was a fiasco. No way I'm selling this to a person. Kaluluwa attempted to erase the song from the recording crystal in time and was successful. Guess one out of two is still a good score.

Spoiler

Name: Flower Dance
ID: 90582
Roll: 12
Item Type: Attraction Song - Familiar Call
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: When played during the Feeding the Enemy quest, gain +1 LD when attempting to tame a familiar. Effect lasts for one thread.
Description: http://youtu.be/kcj7Y-GhYlM

ID: 90583; CD: 8; LD: 19
<<Salvaged 1 Material.>>