[OP-F1 NK] Night Of Grief

Krysta was running quite fast throughout the Town Of Beginnings, headed for the Monument of Life. She couldn't bear the thought of loss that, sadly, was undoubtedly true. "No, no it can't be!" Tears began to fall off her face, which was struck with absolute disbelief. She found her way to the black iron palace, over to the room of resurrection, where she then ran towards the monument of life. She looked throughout the many names, and soon found the name, crossed out. "No...Leif... No, this isn't true..." She fell on her knees, her hands on her face, as she continued crying over this loss. Wardege was dead. She could hardly believe it at all. Right now, she was in tears and paid no attention to the name to notice the cause of Wardege's demise. She knew there were plenty of dangers in this death game, but she never guessed that Wardege would fall so soon.

Vale sat in the room of resurrection, paying homage to her wife she lost back on the first day of the game. Her praying meditation was interrupted when she heard the flurry of footsteps coming from behind her. The Neko turned her head to look at the girl who had entered the room, this adorable looking lass was running in obvious panic. She scanned over the names until her eyes fell on one specific name. The girl dropped to her knee's, bawling her eyes out into her hands. A frown came on Vale's face, it was hard to see someone feeling the same pain as she had felt that first day. The panther-like woman stood up and approached the girl, "If you're here crying your eyes out, then that must mean you lost someone close to you." Vale said with a kindred voice to the sad girl.

Kneeling just next to the girl, the cat designed outfit woman looked at the girl hoping to see her eye to eye at this point. Vale thought it only right to help console the girl by trying to show her that she shares in the pain, "I understand how you feel, to the same degree I am unsure. But I watched my wife jump over the edge of Aincrad. Albeit she was a video gamer and I wasn't, that was the best decision she could come up with." Vale pointed at the name "Yukino" Which read just under her, "Jumped over the edge of Aincrad" Vale turned her attention back to the girl hoping she was helping even slightly, "I can't being to fathom what kind of pain you are in at the moment. But I'm willing to sit here and listen if you'll allow me." She smiled sweetly and genuinely at the distraught heroine.

Sure, under normal conditions, it would be a little creepy visiting the Monument of Life again, but things were going to be different. Vigilon was a bit worried that he hadn't heard from Wardege recently. "Wonder what he's been up to..." Someone rushed past him, and Vigilon stopped to think. "Was that girl crying just now? What could have happened...?" Veriost, his familiar, was up in the air, and the small white frost dragon landed back on his shoulder. She must have been startled from someone coming through from behind and beside. Of course, Vigilon couldn't really confirm that it was the case. He continued on to the black iron palace, and to the room of resurrection. There was a girl crying her eyes out over at the monument, and there seemed to be someone else there, possibly trying to comfort her. "Oh, no, what happened?" He walked over to the girl. "Did something happen? Are you alright?"

@Krysta

Krysta looked up as a player with feline attire came up to her, and from how it seemed, she was trying to comfort her with the fact that she wasn't alone. There were plenty of times where something seemed unusual, but... a female having a wife made no sense to Krysta. She then saw a boy draw near, asking if she was okay and what had happened. "No, I am not alright. Leif is dead! He was my cousin, and he was like a brother to me! Now he's gone..." She looked back to the name that was crossed out, and noticed some words under it. She read them softly. "'Killed in a total loss duel with Dazia'." She could hardly believe it. A player was the one responsible for his death. "Wh-who would even dare to have the audacity to murder him!?" At this rate, it wouldn't be long before she watered the ground directly under her with her own tears.

@Vigilon @Vale

Sky was walking in the Town of Beginnings, he was deciding to take it easy, and have a break from fighting on the higher floors... Well the single digit floors, he couldn't survive on the higher ones just yet, but soon he could. As he walked, he saw the palace.... The 'respawn' location, as it was meant to be. Not a single player who had died had come back, this was a death game, and this was no longer a symbol of hope, it was now a symbol of fear... Fear that no one would come back if the unthinkable happened. As he walked by close however, he saw something... A girl.... Crying? Near the monnument... 

Sky's eyes went wide, worried for the girl as he dashed over, seeing two players already here, one he knew, one he didn't. Vigilon, Boar Bait, was here, but he didn't have the heart to call him that, not after hearing that someone had died!

"A player killed your cousin....." Sky's fists clenched in anger, staring at the monument. "I'm sorry to hear about your loss... Some players in this world are horrid.... If i may ask, what was Leif's player tag?" He asks, making a very mental note to have a talk to this.... Dazia.... One that could go south, or one that could end up with just a hit....

Vale's eyes widened when she said that a player was murdered. Quickly the she scanned over the names that had the explanation of a total loss duel with Daiza. It was near the end but she eventually found the name Wardege, "I am so sorry for your loss." Vale held her arms out for the girl trying to show compassion to the best of her ability, "I personally don't know who would ever want to kill somebody else. It is a deplorable act to say the least, but if you need a shoulder to cry on. I can lend you mine." She offered, it was strange to hug people one never knew before, but Vale felt like the girl needed someone to confide in. Losing ones friend was already devastating enough, but to her the person she lost was just as personally close to her as Yukino was to Vale.

Looking at the new player, "This is why." Vale stated as she pointed to Wardege's name. Her paw couldn't quite reach, thus she extended her claw to point more accurately at the name. Afterwards retracting her claw so she could use her soft paws to try and help the girl as best as possible. Vale knew precisely what it was like to lose someone who was so close to her, she always thought fondly of Yukino despite that she felt so alone deep down at heart when the woman abandoned her in this death world.

Each month, Kaluluwa travelled to either Axios' tree or the Monument of Life, switching between the two each month in order to remember something. Last month, it was the tree. Last time it was a visit to remember the reason why he must stay strong. This time, it was a visit to the Monument of Life. This time, it was a visit to grieve the loss of his friend.

He noticed a small gathering of players in front of the wall. Kaluluwa noticed only two players, Stryder, the leader of his guild, the Guardians of the New Dawn, and Vale. A woman he only met recently. Despite seeing some familiar faces, he decided to hang back for a bit to overhear the conversation. The general thing that had been going on was that the crying girl's cousin had died in a duel, and also Vale's spouse had jumped over the edge of Aincrad. Suicide.

Kaluluwa finally walked up to the group and spoke. "My sincere condolences." He then walked past them, towards a section of the wall not too far away from the one they were converging at. He moved his hand over the name, Axios Deminence, and, once again like the previous visits to the Monument of Life, a singular tear fell from his apathetic eyes. He muttered under his breath, "I'm sorry my friend. I wish we could spent more time together."

It was only a few moments he was separated from the group. When he returned, he spoke once again. "We all have lost a little something from this world, haven't we? Friends, family, loved ones." He felt the tear drop from his iron face. If he had brought his mandolin along with him, he might've been able to play a song for them to ease their souls. Alas, he did not. "I'm sorry." He spoke, staring off into the distance. He meant to direct it to the crying girl, but he had the feeling it only grazed his target.

Vigilon listened to what the girl said. This Leif person...was apparently murdered at the hands of...Dazia?! But why? He had seen some potential within her, he helped her out with that all-too-familiar Dark Elf encounter, and even gave her a weapon! And now? She'd just went and KILLED someone! A familiar voice was heard, but he wasn't exactly in the mood to say his name at the moment. The player with the feline apparel pointed to a familiar name, now crossed out. Wardege. Under the name were the words explaining his cause of death. Dazia didn't just kill anyone, she killed someone he knew. Just what reason would she have killed him for? Soon another player came by to pay his respects to someone he knew, then he began speaking to the players in the vicinity. Vigilon also had something to say. "The kill was made in a total loss duel, so Dazia's cursor will still be green. Seeking out someone with a orange cursor would be both reckless and a bad idea, especially since none of those would be her. At the very least, I'd need to have a little 'talk' with her..."

@Krysta @Stryder @Vale @Paglikha

Krysta noticed that two players had arrived at the unfolding scene. Throughout the continuing conversation, she listened carefully to the many words that were spoken by the players, responding to each one after it was spoken. "Wardege...His username was...Wardege..." After responding to Stryder's words, she responded to Vale's. "Yes, this act is...undoubtedly deplorable..." She responded to Paglikha's words next. "Be as it may, those words do nothing to ease our pain from loss..." Finally, she responded to Vigilon's words. "Do you know of this player?" She'd guessed that from the fact that he'd mentioned Dazia as a her. "I will not just remain here...I don't want Leif to have died in vain, and I'm sure he'd fought bravely... This act..." Her sentences were separated by her crying and sorrows. Slowly, her expressions turned from absolute sorrow...to half sorrow, and half...Anger. "...Is... Deplorable...Unforgivable....... Justice must be done...Dazia...Dazia must pay for her crimes..."

@Vigilon @Vale @Stryder @Paglikha

Vale felt for the young girl, it seemed as though consolement was not what she was after. The girl had a twinge of vengeance in her heart as she declared wanting justice done to the girl whom the still unnamed man had mentioned her being a girl, Vale turned her attention to the other two men whom she had never met before, "We should all probably give the girl a slight amount of space." She said as she backed up to try and give the girl breathing room. Vale sat on knee's with her panther-like tail swaying about, Her ears would teach anytime someone was approaching, and the recently met Paglikha or Kaluluwa as he liked to be called approached, "It's been a hot minute Kalu-kun." Listening to the words he had to say, "It's true we all have lost someone, it is a terrible thing to have to deal with. But the pain is real in ones heart." She admitted looking down on the ground, she brought her head up to look at the girl once more, "I don't know where or how I can help still. But, if you ever require the need for assistance. Never hesitate to reach out to me." Bringing her hand out with a gorgeous smile she reached to exchange names with the woman, "The name is Vale. Tis a pleasure." She then looked at each and every person, "The same goes to all of you."

The moment that the greving girl said Wardege, his anger flared even more. It was one thing that this was a PK, but it was even more that he knew Wardege....... He knew the player who was killed, not as well as this girl did, he was her cousin.... But he knew who had died... "This was the first person he had lost, and even if he wasn't close to him.... This was unforgivable. In a fit of rage, Sky punched the monument of life, right where the name 'Dazia' was.... He was going to find who did this.... He didn't know what would happen if he found her.... But he was going to find her.....

He looked over at Vale, his eyes flashing with anger. While it wasn't directed at her, he was so furious with this PK that he couldn't hide it... He was going to fix this, even if it was a duel, there was NO EXCUSE for taking the life, she could have spared him, LET HIM LIVE...

"Wardege is the first player i know to have died, and i wasn't close to him.... Its nice to meet you Vale... I'm Stryder.... And im going to find this 'Dazia'...." He said, taking a deep breath before crouching down, wondering if it was appropriate, his anger having died down.... 

"I'm bad at trying to comfort people.... But if you want something, don't be afraid to ask me..." He said to her, before placing a hand on her back, hoping to be comforting and taking a few steps back to give her room.

Vigilon listened to the words that the girl had said. They went from sorrow to being vengeful. Stryder found Dazia's name on the monument and punched it. Obviously, there was going to be trouble for Dazia. It was coming her way. "I know how you feel, and you aren't alone. It still feels like yesterday when my father was murdered..." His fist clenched at the memory. How he'd wanted to get revenge for his father's death. Back then, the pain was almost unbearable. He wondered if the girl was feeling the same way. The player that was first speaking to the girl introduced herself as Vale, then Stryder introduced himself as well. "I'm Vigilon, future leader of the Guild-to-be, the Rising Dragons... Currently, I need some air. If you could just excuse me for a moment..." He walked out of the black iron palace, temporarily, and punched a nearby tree. He then, since he wasn't currently in sight of the group, began writing a message, and titled the conversation, "A Warning".

Dazia, I have learned that you've killed Wardege.

At the very least, we need to talk. As soon as possible. Other players are also aggravated at the kill you have committed. Take this as what it is. A serious Warning involving more than just myself.

-Vigilon

He pressed send, exhaled, and began making his way back to the monument of life. He made his way back sooner than he thought.

@Krysta @Stryder @Vale @Paglikha

(OOC: The message in this post will be sent to Dazia via PM.)

Krysta noticed how Vale, who just introduced herself, had asked the others to give Krysta some space. Stryder punched the monument, then introduced himself afterward. Vigilon made a comment saying that she wasn't alone in the manner that she was feeling. He left for a short moment, but during this small moment in which she had some space, she got up, still crying, but she drew her weapon reacting to the thoughts in her head. "Hyaaaaaaa!!!" She swung her rapier at Dazia's name on the monument. The only thing that did was cause the words <<Immortal Object>> to appear in front of the monument. She dropped her weapon, and stopped herself, trying to breathe slowly and calmly, but she wasn't making much progress to that... She saw Vigilon return, and she had the strength to start speaking again soon after. "My apologies for not making any introductions as of late. My name is J-...Krysta. My name is Krysta." She'd almost said her real name aloud right there.

@Stryder @Vigilon @Vale @Paglikha

Vale watched as Krysta furiously swung her blade at the name Dazia on the monument during the brief time that Vigilon went outside. Vale sat on her knee's and watched the group do their own various actions, even the man Stryder as he introduced himself couldn't hold back his irritation as he attacked. She waited for everyone to let their anger flare and be released, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Stryder. And to you as well Krysta." She greeted them. Turning her head around she, "Get over here Eclipse, stop being such a lazy grump." She called out to her familiar. The Panther walked forward just enough into the light to be visible, a scar from under one eye stretching across it's face to the other side under it's eye and a glowing purple crescent moon on the right side of it's face visible from where they all stood and sat. Eclipse as the Panther was called sat back down and made an audible sound as if it were rejecting Vale.

The Panther woman's face immediately showed irritation, "Stop being such an introvert and join us." she shouted back at the over sized cat, the beast just following up with another audible sound to show it's rejection, "When I'm asleep you're a cuddle muffin, but when I'm awake you're an ass you know that." She snapped at the cat, to which it simply nodded and laid down still looking at her, "Come over here and meet people!" She pouted at the beast, which promptly shook it's head.

Kaluluwa spaced out for a minute or two from thinking about his friend. The voices of the other room's occupants were muffled. His vision was unfocused and blurry. What brought his attention back to reality, or at least virtual reality, was a panther stepping into his field of vision. Its fur was sleek and jet black, he stepped back for a second. He once ran into another big cat, a tiger, in the Philippines. Although he didn't die from the attack, he had a scar where it had slashed his stomach barely held together by a few stitches made from a fishing line. Kaluluwa ran his hand across his stomach and, unsurprisingly, the scar was not there.

He didn't realize that he was still walking to the other side of the room, opposite of the panther, until his back hit the wall. He was just staring at the panther's eyes and slumped down to the ground. "Nice to meet you all", he said meekly with just a twinge of fear in his usually montonous voice.

• 3 weeks later...

Vigilon returned to hear the girl introduce herself as Krysta, and for the words <<Immortal Object>> to disappear. It seemed that Vale tried to bring her seemingly moody familiar into the vicinity of the conversation. Veriost woke up and saw the panther, tilted her head to the side, and the small white frost dragon took flight and landed on the familiar's back. She slowly made her way towards the head, and made eye contact with it. "Grmm..." Vigilon smirked. "I think Veriost is trying to say hello." He looked back at the monument, seeing Wardege's name crossed out, once again reminding him of what was going on. The smirk faded from his face. There were two- no, three problems that came with this. One, Wardege was dead. Two, Vigilon's hopes for Dazia may have been for naught. Three, if Vigilon didn't know any better, he'd think Krysta was absolutely bent on revenge.

@Krysta @Vale @Stryder @Paglikha

Edited by Vigilon