[SP-F5] <<Blood In The Sands>> Bite What You Can Chew

Another day out for something to do, that was what Crozeph told himself, lazing around was not an option that day. He donned his coat and set out on a random floor and then something crossed his mind "I gotta do a little hunting first, that way i can get materials for sale or just craft" he told himself. It took a few hours before he finally found a quest ready to be taken. He stood at the portal and then uttered where he would go "Floor Five" he said and in a few seconds Crozeph found himself standing on a place with extreme temperature. The place was humid and Crozeph could feel the monsters lurking beneath the sand "there's no turning back from this Crozeph, no turning back" he thought. Crozeph took the first few steps away from the portal and began making his way to the location of the quest "so it says that I have to kill a shark..." Crozeph looked out on the land before him "...lurking in the sand" Crozeph let out a chuckle "so that explains why I chose to go here, great" Crozeph walked towards the desert further "at least I won't die of drowning just to kill this shark."

• 2 weeks later...

Crozeph's survival skill kicked in immediately, the floor may seem hot but it was not enough to cause for his HP to shave away little by little. He was so glad he completed it right away "I could've died of heat here or frozen to death on Floor 4" he mumbled to himself. It was a long walk of trying to reach the location. He frequently checked the marker in his map and made sure he isn't going the wrong direction again...yet. Tiny scorpions began crawling out of the sand, around three but then decided to bury themselves beneath the sand as if they knew Crozeph was a bit stronger than them. "A giant scorpion coming out next time, it won't be burying itself again" Crozeph thought. He kept on walking for a few more miles before deciding to rest at a rock which is shaped like a mushroom. Crozeph eased himself beneath the shade and rested his katana on his shoulder "I could be that battousai if I want to, good thing I didn't want" he uttered before giving out a chuckle.

A few minutes of rest helped Crozeph calm down and asses his situation "a shark in beneath the sand, I should be able to at least kill it with minimum stances and attacks" Crozeph couldn't help but shake his head at the notion of a sand shark, it felt like some low-budget shark movie. As he mused himself from thinking, a figure began to take form from afar approaching him. Crozeph squinted his eyes and tried to see the figure clearer. As the figure drew near, a girl carrying a spear with gauntlets and leather armor approached him "are you an NPC?" she asked him. Crozeph made an annoyed smile "you should be able to see my cursor" he replied. The girl jumped back in embarassment "I'm sorry, I guess I'm to worried I couldn't pay attention to little details" she replied. The girl moved in and sat beneath the rock also "my name is Chosa, I'm here to follow my friends who went somewhere to level up." Crozeph listened intently to her "I'm the weakest in our group so they decided to leave me behind and try to level up on monsters I can take, it is kind of depressing" Chosa looked from afar "so I've decided to catch up to them and prove that I can be stronger" she told Crozeph. "I can help you find them, I'm on a quest and just resting here and also..." Crozeph looked dead serious to Chosa "don't tell your story to players whom you just met, that could be dangerous" he told her.

The sat quietly for a few minutes, Crozeph has warned her and it looks like Crozeph pushed her away. After five minutes Crozeph clutched his katana and stood up, minding the rock above him. Chosa followed and looked at where he is looking "I'm sure you acquired that survival skill? you need it here" he asked her. Chosa shook her head lightly "well then how about acrobatics?" he asked again "yes I do, it gives me advantages along with my spear" he told her. Crozeph looked at her, she seemed to have a nice grasp of building her stats but it seems the reality of the game is the disadvantage she has also "let me guess, you play RPG games huh? come, we need to get moving to where I think they are" he told her. Chosa followed him, gripping her spear tightly "y-yes I am but in this situation I don't think it'll be as simple as those older games" she told him. Crozeph was right, Chosa was a player but not the type who go out often "looks like you'll have to toughen up a bit, not by game but by truth" he told her. "That is why I want to catch up to where they are" Crozeph wiped the sweat on his sideburns with the scarf he had just ordered from Hei, he has something to say now that would be helpful to Chosa "I suggest you take on lower floors next time" he told her "there are strong monster there and at your current state now, you'll have your head bitten off before you know it" he added. Chosa frowned a little "so you think I'm weak too?" she asked him. The two continued to walk through the humid weather condition, Crozeph sighed as he heard Chosa "the things is you're weak it's true but that doesn't mean you won't be stronger someday" Crozeph raised his finger "you should learn what to fight and what not, there's no ranking on who's the best here..." Crozeph pointed at the sand exploding a few feet away from them "...only survival." A 5 foot lizard just went out of the sand and began hissing at them "keep your spear ready to defend, leave the fighting to me" he told Chosa as he unsheathed his Bleeding Dove.

Spoiler

Sand Lizard

• HP: 190/190
  • Damage: 50
  •  "Reptilian Regeneration"
  • on natural roll of 9-10, Sand Lizard will recover 10 HP

Crozeph

• HP: 320/320
  • Energy: 32/32
  • Mitigation: 16
  • Evasion: 3

Edited by Crozeph

The battle started rather quickly for both of them. Chosa moved away from the two and distanced herself enough to be able to help Crozeph.  The raven-haired boy began to eye the Sand Lizard, looking for a weak spot but it seems that it can hit him hard if it seems him close in rather quickly. Crozeph unsheathe his katana, readying a sword art to at least cripple the lizard "they're know for their speed, at least that's the reality" he thought. The Sand Lizard began running towards the two players. Chosa was trembling at the speed she's seeing "I can't kill that..." Crozeph raised his sword and yelled "I told you to defend! I'll kill it!" he told her. The lizard reached Crozeph rather quickly, the boy could only raise his sword and defend "damn it, I lost the stance to perform a swor..." the lizard jumped a little high and spun in the air, using its tail to throw Crozeph away. Crozeph defended with his sword but the force of the tail hitting it was strong enough to make roll away from where he is standing, causing for his HP to go down. The lizard recovered and eyed Chosa who stood frozen. "Hey! you forgot about me already?!" Crozeph sprinted towards the lizard, the enhancements of the scarf kicking in and adding more to his speed "sword art: Tsuji Kaze!" with a quick movement of his foot, Crozeph made a somewhat drawing strike at the tail of the lizard. The Sand Lizard began squirming as its tail fell down "that's for throwing me away" Crozeph told the lizard. The mob then stood still and began quivering, its tail began growing back but not as big as the previous one "I'll be damned, you can grow back what you lost..." Crozeph raised his sword "...guess I'll be aiming at the head then" he uttered with dead serious eyes.

Spoiler

Sand Lizard

• HP: 164/190
  • on natural roll of 9-10, Sand Lizard will recover 10 HP

Crozeph

• HP: 286/320
  • Energy: 28/32

• [ID: 89293]
  • BD: 6 [success] 36 damage
  • MD: 9-3 = 6 [success] 50 - 16 = 34 damage
  • Reptilian Regeneration +10 HP to Sand Lizard
Edited by Crozeph

[Battle Healing recovered 6 HP]

"Hey! are you all right..." Chosa didn't know his name and the looks of it, Crozeph has made quite a damage but not much to the Sand Lizard. Crozeph stood up, he was gonna try to hit harder, Just to end a fight that may get fatal if he keeps on dragging on. Chosa was not in the situation to fight it like how he does, switching out will make her be put at stake once the lizard attacks with ferocity. "I'm fine, stay back for now and wait until we are ready to kill it in one blow" he told her. Crozeph kept his sword raised, planning for a new sword art to hit the lizard. The lizard however is not akin to waiting for attacks, it began to charge directly at Crozeph, trying to get even its tail geting chopped off. Crozeph he had to stun it down so he can land a new attack. holding the sword with his left hand, Crozeph made a horizontal slash to his right as soon as the lizard stepped into the reach of his three foot long katana. The lizard felt the blade sink into its face casuing for it to wince. The raven-haired boy's attack wasn't finished, Crozeph moved in and punched it in the jaw causing for a stun to happen, he then made another slash sending the lizard's focus somewhere else. "I'll be trying to finish you off lizard" Crozeph told it. Chosa stood amazed behind him "You're much more skilled than you look" she told him. Crozeph felt a chill down his spine and looked back at Chosa "do I look like a laid-back samurai to you?" he asked.

Spoiler

Sand Lizard

• HP: 98/190

Crozeph

• HP: 292/320
  • Energy: 20/32

• [ID: 89294] 
  • BD: 10 [critical] 9 damage + 2 critical damage x 6 sword art = 66 damage
  • MD: 3 attack failed
Edited by Crozeph
edited battle healing

[Battle Healing +6 HP]

Crozeph gathered his breath for a next attack, He had to do something before the lizard could recover from being stunned. Raising his sword again, Crozeph dashed forward with his sword ready to slice at its face again. Chosa watched as Crozeph handled the lizard "he's not that strong but it seems he know how to fight" he thought. It was all just pressing buttons and keys for Chosa when she played games and she was good at it. Shortly after being trapped in the game, she already knew that she won't be able to keep up with her other friends. Now here she is seeing one player take on huge mobs that might kill him. Crozeph lunged forward "Sword Art: Gen Getsu" he calmly uttered before delivering a clean slash at its face, there was no chance that the lizard could fight back now, the swords art Gen Getsu landed clean. The raven-haired boy jumped back and kept his sword raised, the lizard has pulled itself together now and he needs to deal with its attacks on the next few seconds.

Spoiler

Sand Lizard

• HP: 44/190

Crozeph

• HP: 292/320
  • Energy: 14/32

• ID: 89351
  • BD: 7 [success] 9 damage x 6 sword art damage = 54 damage
  • MD: 2 [stunned]

[Battle Healing +6 HP recovered]

Crozeph could feel the energy depleting from him. He has used way too many times his sword art and it seems it has taken its toll. Crozeph raised his sword only to drop on his knees. The lizard is stunned by his attack and Crozeph knew that he can still recover from it with his battle healing kicking in "good thing I invested some skill points on that" he uttered to himself. Chosa ran towards Crozeph and pointed her spear toward the stunned lizard "let me help while you try to recuperate from figh..." Crozeph stood up and blocked her with his right hand "no need to feel useless, you're gonna fight with your friends later" he told her. Crozeph didn't want her losing HP before they could find her friends hopefully. "I can recuperate while in battle, no need to worry" he told her. Crozeph raised his sword now that the lizard has also recovered "now then, shall we finish this?" he told the lizard before him.

Spoiler

Sand Lizard

• HP: 44/190

Crozeph

• HP: 298/320
  • Energy: 14/32

• [ID:89352] 
  • BD: 5 [failed]
  • MD: 3 [failed]
Edited by Crozeph

[Battle Healing +6 HP recovered]

The lizard shook its head violently and began to look at Crozeph "I need you to stay back Chosa, this will be over now" Crozeph told her. It was a killing blow or it could be a blunder but Crozeph didn't care, he was evasive enough, now he needed to aim correctly and let the lizard skid on the hot sand beneath their feet. The two began charging at each other. Crozeph has already readied his sword art to use while the lizard is more intent on killing Crozeph. With a quick sleight of his hands, Crozeph drew out his sword and sliced right at face of the lizard. It didn't end with just one, Crozeph began slicing at the legs and the belly of the lizard. Chosa watched as Crozeph unleashed a combo of slices at the huge reptile. Raising his sword, Crozeph made one powerful vertical slash at the lizard chopping its head off "Sword Art: Wa Shu" Crozeph uttered calmly but a slight weariness can be felt. If the lizard tried to attack, it all failed as Crozeph moved in and attacked.

Spoiler

Sand Lizard

• HP: 0/190

Crozeph

• HP: 304/320
  • Energy: 9/32

• [ID: 89464]
  • BD: 7 [success] 9 damage x 5 sword art = 45 damage
  • MD: 1 [failed]
Edited by Crozeph

[ID:89465] LD: 18 CD: 6 [loots found!]

Crozeph watched as the dead lizard's body began disintegrating into shards of data, he has finished the battle and the loot now comes in. Chosa walked nearer the place where the lizard is disintegrating. "I'm really grateful that you've killed it, so you plan on doing something with those?" Chosa pointed out some items that are revealed near the lizard's belly. "I got lucky this time" Crozeph picked up all his loot and offered some to Chosa "oh, I have lots of materials plus that one is unidentified" Crozeph eyed one item and saw that it was indeed unidentified "well then, something to work on at my shop" he told her. Chosa's eyes widened "you're a merchant?! a travelling one?!" she asked him. Crozeph turned his eyes somewhere "kind of..." Crozeph sheathed his sword and motioned towards a horizon "we should get going, I hate getting sidetracked too much" he told her. Chosa also began following closely behind him, shards of the monster scattered behind her.

• obtained the following loot:
  • 570 col
  • 1 uncommon consumable <<unidentified>>
  • 2 Tier 1 crafting materials
  • 3 weeks later...

The two walked rather quietly across the hot desert with Crozeph looking out from his left and right "How come you can fight alone decently?" Chosa broke the silence with her question "isn't it hard for you to fight alone? what if you face two or more mons..." Crozeph stopped walking and gave her an amused yet mysterious grin "I'll chop them off like what we do on onions" he told her. Chosa followed Crozeph as he resumed walking "going solo is not as bad as it seems but I do plan to join a guild soon" he uttered as the girl followed behind him "though I highly doubt that I'll be an interactive guild member, I just go hunt something or gather materials" the routine was going well all the time except occasional favors asked or helping out players like her. Crozeph may have been a weirdo in terms of interacting with people but he sure tried to help. Crozeph gazed at the jagged edges of a rock before him "looks like a rare chance for me" Crozeph moved closer to the rock and drew his sword quickly destroying a huge chunk. It took only a few seconds for a material dropped from the gash. Crozeph picked it up and placed it in his inventory "I'll be needing this soon" he thought.

• [ID: 90232]
  • LD: [16] material found
  • obtained 1 Tier 1 material

Soon enough, they reached a canyon. It wasn't a long one and it doesn't seem dangerous for players to venture in. Chosa silently followed Crozeph, he was silent all the timeand mostly talked to to himself. Chosa didn't know what stories to ask but he seemed way too much of a critical thinker to waste his time on small talks. Crozeph then stepped on one of the rock formations inside the canyon. As he set foot on it, he eyed another crack "I hope you don't mind but I'll try looking for materials as we walked, thought I might make extra on this favor from you" Crozeph jumped down from the rock and slashed at it. Pieces of rocks flew everywhere causing for Chosa to cover her eyes "katana user are indeed high damage dealers" she heard it before, there are players who took up the weapon mastery of katana and was proven useful in dire situations. Crozeph sighed as he sheathe his sword "looks like there's nothing here" he muttered

• ID [90233]
  • LD: [10] no materials found

Chosa looked at Crozeph and tried to help him a little bit "try that wall, maybe it has something useful" she told him. Crozeph walked towards the wall of the canyon "let's hope that you are right" Crozeph sliced at the rocks beside it and with a quick motion of his sword slashed at the damaged part again and again but to their dismay there was nothing useful. Crozeph sheathe his sword and looked at the end of the canyon "your friends should be outside the canyon and taking on some powerful monster for a quest, just like what I plan to do before you found me" Chosa's eyes widened "our group is a sizable party of 5 players including me, something that powerful you can't take on alone" Chosa began to wonder how skilled Crozeph is "its only a matter of thinking how to execute your attacks, levels only give you bonus stats" he told her. As Chosa took a step towards Crozeph, the ground exploded yet again. Crozeph could see a tail of a scorpion flying towards Chosa. He quickly ran and pulled Chosa out of the way "looks like a scorpion has been killed..." Crozeph eyed the dust clouds and saw a huge creature with a shell on its back "a giant armadillo huh, brings back memories" Crozeph stood up and unsheathe his sword "so you've respawned, let's have some fun again."

• [ID: 90234]
  • LD: [3] no materials found

Chosa began flailing "I'm sorry! I'm the one who suggested on breaking a wall!" she told him. Crozeph looked at her with an annoyed smile "of course, there's only the to of us here." The giant armadillo shook its head violently "you know the drill Chosa, stay behind me" he told her before raising his sword. the monter charged towards them as it caught sight of the two players "roll sideways when I tell you" Crozeph yelled at Chosa. The stomping of its feet was deafening and Crozeph didn't want Chosa to miss the instructions. two more steps and the armadillo reached him, Crozeph spun his sword facing the sharp edge at the armadillo "roll away Chosa!" the girl quickly rolled away and used her spear to prop herself up quickly. The raven-haired boy however took three steps sideways at the lest second "too slow, you should work it out" Crozeph slashed at the feet of the armadillo upto its shell but as the blade reached the shell, a sharp sound as if the katana struck another blade was heard. Crozeph jumped back and watched as the armadillo tripped and grated itself on the sand "I think I'll be needing sword arts for that shell" he thought.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• HP: 181/190
  • 50 damage

• ID: 90284
  • BD: 7 [success] 9 damage
  • MD: 7 - 2 = 5 [fail] no damage
  • 2 weeks later...

The giant armadilo pulled itself together and glared at the two players "yeah you're angry I can see that" Crozeph yelled at it. With a speed filled with rage, the armadilo charged at Crozeph and tried to ram him with its head. Chosa quickly moved away and used her spear as a shield if it tried to ram her. Crozeph meanwhile moved with precision, dodging an inch to try slicing at it again. Crozeph took two steps to his right and raised his sword quickly, aiming at the feet of the armadillo again. As he tries to land his blow, the sands began buffeting him and made Crozeph hesitate to land his attack "damn it! it was my only window!" he thought before rolling further away from the beast. Chosa shouted "are you okay..." she didn't know his name and it made her shocked by what she just realized "I don't know his name!?"  she thought. The dust clouds settled and she saw Crozeph standing  "I'll be fine, there's just some fickle issues here now" Crozeph told her.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• 50 damage

• ID: 90285
  • BD: 3 [fail]
  • MD: 3 [fail]

Crozeph had to make sure he lands another hit but with the current situation he seem to have to take much more careful actions. Chosa ran towards him and they try to regroup. She has been ordered to stay behind him and that is what she needs to do "we need to take a better position to hit it Chosa" Crozeph told her. The armadillo began stomping to the ground "now that's a bad sign" Crozeph uttered. The armadillo continued stomping until suddenly it curled up into a ball "Chosa, roll away as fast as you can!" Crozeph raised his sword. The armadillo began rolling towards them. It wasn't fast, but it sure looked like a strong move that it might kill players like Chosa. The girl ran to the other side separating herself from the raven-haired boy. The armadillo was targeting Crozeph so it was safe for her. "well then let me try..." Crozeph charged towards the rolling armadillo and tried to slash at its curled up form but the shell has proven itself again. Crozeph rolled forward as he felt the forced of grating on it seemed ineffective "that rush of kinetic energy..." Crozeph thought. Crozeph needed to think of something much more better, like a sword art that might break it from its curled up position.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• 50 damage

• ID: 90770
  • BD: 2 [fail}
  • MD: 5 - 3 evasion = 2 [fail]

Crozeph raised his sword to his shoulder level and tried to concentrate. Ever since the sword arts has been implemented, Crozeph was utilizing its use carefully. "My energy doesn't allow me to use it nonchalantly so I gotta be a bit stingy on wasting it" he thought. The armadillo curled up again and rolled towards Crozeph. It wasn't fast and Crozeph figured out a little something "I just have to make the pain reach inside to break open that curled up position" he thought. The armadillo rolled a little faster as it began building up momentum. Crozeph's sword began to slightly glow, he was going to use a sword art and he has to make sure it will hit hard the pain reaches beneath the armored back of the armadillo "Sword art: Gen Getsu" he uttered calmly and took one step forward. The armadillo reached Crozeph just in time as he moved his sword in an irregular circle. The attack landed on the rolling armadillo who tried to roll over Crozeph "much better, keep rolling towards my sword!" Crozeph used his strength to let the katana's force sink in causing for the armadillo to roll back and break away from being curled up. The monster roared in pain as the sword art successfully struck it inside even with its tough armor. Crozeph grinned "now I've dealt quite a damage to you huh" he uttered.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• Energy: 26/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• HP: 127/190
  • 50 damage

• ID: 90771
  • BD: 7 [success] 9 damage x 6 Gen Getsu = 54 damage
  • MD: 6 - 3 evasion = 3 [fail]

The armadillo gathered its wits again, if it has any and began eyeing for Crozeph. He has been generating some hate from it now and it has lost sight of attacking Chosa which was what he planned from the beginning when it appeared. Crozeph raised his sword, he doesn't know if his attack will land but he can try hitting it again and again if he has to. He only needs to be more careful "Chosa! stay out of its sight as much as you can, I don't want you to meet your friends and help them with decreased health points" he told her. Chosa felt her heart beat faster "the whole time he's been making me save my strength for later?then I must follow his instructions!" she thought. The armadillo charged at Crozeph but not in its ball form. It reached Crozeph a little faster than when it was curled up and again it tried to ram him. Crozeph dodged the attack rather easily, it was too plain but he can't let his guard down. Crozeph tried to slash at its face but the length of his sword wasn't enough, missing his attack. He jumped back and tried to re-evaluate his actions for the next move "man this is tiring" he thought.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• 50 damage

• ID: 90773
  • BD: 4 [fail]
  • MD: 2 [fail]
Edited by Crozeph

Crozeph need to keep up with the tiring situation. Everything seemed to fall to pieces as he tries to get rid of the armadillo "you're not proving yourself strong, you're just annoying!" he yelled at it which the armadillo replied with a roar. Crozeph dashed towards the monster and tried to turn the tables by attacking first. The armadillo began to curl up into a ball again when Crozeph charged at it. The raven-haired boy kept his sword to his shoulder level, if he succeeds then one step closer to killing it but if he fails, time will be wasted on taking Chosa to her friends. Crozeph gripped his katana tight and slashed at the armadillo while moving sideways to avoid getting hit by its ball form. The blade met the shell of the armadillo but to Crozeph's dismay, it only grated and thrown him a bit off balance. The armadillo rolled further from him, a failed attack too. Crozeph kept himself steady quickly for another go to deal damage to it "I'll be damned, this is not what was in my mind" he uttered with disdain.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• 50 damage

• ID: 90774
  • BD: 2 [fail]
  • MD: 8 - 3 evasion = 5 [fail]

As the battle raged on or rather went annoyingly long for Crozeph, a sudden change in the environment was felt by him. Crozeph knew that he had the survival skill and so he quickly made his way to Chosa "there'll be a sandstorm, maybe it'll last a few minutes" he told her "or maybe some small tornado heading this way" he added. The armadillo began charging towards them. Crozeph pointed to one rock three feet away from them "hide there! while I try to deal with this thin..." the armadillo reached them but Crozeph quickly moved away from the direction where it is rolling taking Chosa with him "it'll be here any minute, I can deal with that..." Crozeph moved in and tried to slash at the armadillo who quickly rolled away and roared as it began to stand up "now I just have to deal with you and that weird sounding sand hurricane" he uttered. He failed to land another attack. The buffeting sand was nothing, his only concern was Chosa who didn't have the survival skill "guess she isn't much into venturing in the open" he thought.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• 50 damage

• ID: 90775
  • MD: 7 - 3 evasion = 4 [fail]

The armadillo curled up again, it seems to go faster now and Crozeph is starting to get irritated at what's happening "stay behind rocks now Chosa, roll away if it won't attack me" he told her. Crozeph began running at a direction that is far from her as if using himself to lure the armadillo away from Chosa. Crozeph has kept his katana up the whole time and it seems that the battle is far from over. The armadillo let out a loud roar and rolled towards where Crozeph is. He needs to keep up as the armadillo builds up its speed "it must be unsure of the terrain from before and now that it has grown accustomed, it began to increase its spe..." Crozeph moved sideways away from the direction where the armadillo is rolling and with a quick sleight of his hand he slashed at it as soon as it went past him. The result was rather discouraging, with the armadillo rolling when he attacked it. His sword was thrown back from the force of its roll and Crozeph moved back to keep his balance "so attacking it while rolling is not a good idea at all times" he thought. Crozeph kept his katana yet again on shoulder level, he has to take this way more serious than he thought.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• 50 damage

• ID: 90777