[PP-F4] Introduction to Others (Shi)

Spencer found himself back on the Fourth floor, walking around and kind of just chilling on the chilly floor 4. He was tempted to start looking for a familiar, hopefully a penguin, but he decided against that, thinking that he would just do it when he was a higher level, not wanting to really risk it. He sighed a bit and opened his umbrella when it started to rain, the snow drifting off of his umbrella onto the ground below him."Hmm, what to do?" He spoke to himself as he walked through the forest. He was getting a lot better at talking to other people and making connections with them, but it still scarred the hell out of him every time that he did it. Wish I could just make friends with someone who understands that being a loner sucks but is also apart of you He thought to himself and sat on a bench.
@Shi

Edited by Spencer

The snow of the fourth floor was, to put it short, beautiful.

How a mere man was able to create something as perfect as this, Shi did not know. However, he had nothing but respect for it's creator, despite the fact that they had locked so many players inside of the land known as Aincrad.

If there was ever a man who wanted to play God, it was the one who went by the name Kayaba. Was it wrong? Perhaps, but the noirette could not deny that the man had done a good job at it. Shi's dark brown orbs shifted to glance up towards the sky. Everything was so detailed. It made him want to stay. It wasn't like anyone was waiting back home anyway.

He continued on his path through the moonlit forest, admiring the scenery around him. It didn't take long for him to notice the figure in the distance. Blonde hair and an umbrella. Another player? Shi darted for cover behind a tree and swiftly revealed his dagger from it's sheath, in case he'd be forced into battle. The man was walking towards the position the noirette was located at. Not a good sign, as he was not suited for combat quite yet, only carrying a basic dagger and such. For now, Shi would have to wait, in order to get a more detailed take on the situation he had unintentionally put himself in.

@Spencer

Edited by Shi

Spencer loved to just stare at the snow that slowly fell down. It always surprises him that every snow flake in the real world was a complete different pattern. Probably not here, you can't really look at the snowflake under a microscope here so I am assuming that it doesn't work like that. He thought to himself and sighed happily, content being on the third floor.

Something felt off though, he almost felt like he was being watched. Its probably nothing. He thought but it still kept bothering him, making him think that someone was out in the forest watching him as he sat there. He slowly stood up and his hand went for his mace. He couldn't hear a single soul but he almost knew that someone was there.... Where ever they might be. "Is someone out there?" He spoke aloud, not looking in the direction of Shi.

The blonde stopped suddenly, surprising Shi. The noirette froze in his spot, watching and waiting for the stranger to make a move. The man didn't look threatening at all. He was seemingly around Shi's own level. It wasn't likely he'd be able to challenge him, however. 

Does he know I'm here? He isn't looking anywhere near me...

Shi made the bold move and decided to show himself. It was quite possible the player meant no harm and was a simple traveler out to explore the forests of the fourth floor. It was a stupid decision to make, but the raven-haired individual took the risk anyway. "Right here." He waved, making sure his dagger was out of sight. He wasn't interested in the man getting the wrong idea. A fight was the last thing Shi wanted to take part in at that moment. He didn't have the strength nor equipment for it, so it was a definite lose for him.

I may have just made a huge mistake if he's a Player Killer.

Edited by Shi

Spencer jumped and twirled around, his mace at a ready, and even his umbrella looking like he was going to attack with it. "Jesus Christ!" He kind of yelled and sighed, slowly putting his mace away as he took the person in. He seemed rather low level, right around the same area that Spencer was at. He doesn't seem like a threat, hoping that means I am safe. But you never know with people, I hope he doesn't try to attack me. I don't want to be cocky but there is a chance that I could kill him... that is a very very morbid thought on my part, lets ignore that thought and move on to the random player who was watching me in the forest. Spencer calmed a bet physically and put his umbrella back up to block the snow. "Umm hi, may I ask why you were watching me in the forest? I mean I don't judge but I'm genuinely just confused is all.

Shi scratched the back of his head awkwardly. Great, now I sound like a creep. He thought, making sure his dagger was back in it's sheath as he continued forward. "Sorry if I scared you. Wasn't sure if you'd end up killing me, so I hid up there." He made a motion to the tree that had previously given him a safe place to hide behind.

Snow fell slowly onto the man's clothes and raven-like hair. His hiding spot had sheltered him not only from sight, but from the weather as well. Despite him only just exiting, it had gotten to be a bit chilly, more than he liked anyway. His outfit was definitely not made for the snow; a black, well-tailored suit. It was rare for him to come to the fourth floor, however, so he was unprepared.

This'll have to do for now. He told himself, attention back on the blonde.

"I'm Shi. Once again, sorry for the scare."

Edited by Shi

"You're fine, just scared the living hell out of me is all." He laughed a little awkwardly and relaxed a bit more and smiled a bit. "I'm Spencer by the way, nice to meet you Shi. And don't worry about the whole hiding thing, I completely understand you being wary of other players, hell I am too." He smiled and shrugged, looking around the floor a bit, not sure exactly what to say. "So... what brings you to the fourth floor?" He paused and looked at him, realizing he should probably say why he is also up here. "I'm here because I wanted to take a little in depth tour of the floor and see where Penguins might spawn, I really want one those." He laughed a bit and smiled, shrugging a bit, not sure exactly what to say. Well, you two are in a conversation now, no real way to get out of it now, hope you are ready to make a new friend, or an enemy.

Spencer, huh? Shi thought, once again looking over the man's apparel. Taller than the noirette. Much taller. He had blonde hair, opposite of Shi's, as well as a pair of amber eyes. Although they hadn't been talking for long, he could already tell Spencer wasn't used to speaking to strangers. This'll be a little awkward I guess. Whatever, no worries.

"I'm here to explore. It's my first time going beyond the second floor, thought it might be interesting. So far I think it is. Been a while since I've seen snow." He chuckled, extending his hand forward to grasp the falling snowflakes.

"Penguins, hey? Haven't seen any, sorry. I guess you're looking for a familiar then?" The lad continued as a response to the blonde's comment. A penguin was likely the most uncommon pet idea Shi had ever heard of, but he didn't complain. Nothing wrong with them, in fact he thought it would be a perfect choice.

"Dang. And yeah, I'm looking for one for my familiar, not sure exactly what I'm going to name it though, hopefully I come up with something soon." He shrugged and laughed a bit. The man paused for a moment and looked around, brushing a snow flake off of his shoulder."Would you like the explore together? I have absolutely nothing to do and I'm very very bored just kind of sitting around and doing nothing. I was probably going to fall asleep on that bench so I am up to doing what ever you want to do." He smiled and shrugged a bit. Its going alright, I can tell I'm a lot better with new people than I used to be, still need a bit of work on it though, hope my interaction with this guy isn't making him uncomfortable, considering the fact we are kind of alone on the fourth floor together in the middle of the forest while its snowing.

"You'll come up with something when you find one." Shi chuckled, his ice cold hands entering the pockets of his suit. The noirette was surprised to hear that Spencer wanted to explore with him. I guess he's not so awkward after all. Looks like I'm going to hell for judging this guy. The lad thought before he responded.

"Sure. I've also got nothing to do, I've just been walking for the last little while. Wouldn't hurt to have some company." Shi told the tall blonde.

Spencer was only a few levels higher than the raven-haired player was, however he'd still be a useful ally to have. It didn't hurt to make friends, right? "So," He began, continuing to walk forward down the path, protected from the snow by the leaves and branches of the trees that surrounded the party, "What do you think of the fourth floor? It's cold, but beautiful. Never really seen anything like it before."

He smiled and began to walk, looking around a bit. Shi brought up the fourth floor and he smiled a bit. "I'd have to agree, I always find myself coming right back to this floor, taking in the sights, watching the snow fall. Its basically like you are in Christmas every single day of your life and I really like that." He shrugged and smiled, he summed up the floor best to his abilities He twirled his umbrella around and some snow fell off of it, landing on to the floor below him. Come on Spencer think of more conversation starters He thought for a moment and looked around. "So, what have you been doing in this game so far? I've only recently came out of my shell and starting to work on leveling up and working with others, forcing myself out of my shell I suppose." He laughed and turned to Shi while they walked, waiting for his repsonse @Shi

@Shi

• 8 months later...

Shi liked the answer he was given. "Christmas has always been my favourite holiday." He stated. Of course, he had always spent Christmas with his family. They were no longer around, and he had nobody inside of the game to enjoy the snow with.

But that was okay. It was only a matter of time before he found someone.

The noirette listened as Spencer began to ask a question. It was one he had heard far to many times, but was still fine with answering. "I guess you could say I've been procrastinating a little bit, as bad as that may sound. But it's important to me that I face this game now. If I don't, I'll regret it later. So here I am."

The snow continued to fall at a slow, steady pace. It created a sort of relaxing vibe that Shi found incredibly enjoyable. The crunching of the snow beneath his dark shoes satisfied him as they walked through the serene forest. "So, what made you want to come out of your shell?"

(sorry if this isnt very long, im on mobile rn and can't really tell haha)

@Spencer

He walked with the man and listened to his side of everything, and he gave a soft sigh inwardly, he was getting over his nerves that were building up, at least for the moment he was. "Thanksgiving has always been my favorite, a nice time to see all of my family, well it was." He bit his lip and looked down at the ground before shaking his head and blushing a bit. "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to get all depressing and everything on you." He smiled a bit and shrugged. He also heard the question that Shi proposed about why he had waited so long to also start on his journey in the game, and it took a bit of thought to understand why it did take him so long. "I guess... I guess I just had enough. For a moment I had just stood around and watched the world around me slowly changed and update as the game progressed, but I decided that that might be not enough, that maybe I should do something with my time here and try my best to help out, any way that I could." He smiled at his explanation, he was starting to understand his own motives a bit more. "So Shi... After my long winded explanation, now I tag you in to talk, give me a random conversation topic."

@Shi

(dude you good <3 )

"It's okay," Shi smiled, "stay positive and you'll see your family again."

He pushed his cold hands into his slightly less cold pockets. The man thought about his family. He missed them dearly, but accepted that he'd never again see their faces. Shi wondered if anybody else was waiting for him to come back. It was unlikely, but possible.

"A random conversation topic?" He thought for a moment. Generally, he was good at conversation. It was a skill the noirette had picked up over many years of speaking to people in and outside of highschool and he had only improved since then. "What did you do before Sword Art? Like, what were your hobbies?" Shi loved that question because he found that almost everyone enjoyed talking about themselves. This was the best way to do so, especially if they had an interesting hobby like surfing or underwater knitting.

Of course, he also knew that talking about life outside of the game was normally not done. People, for whatever reason, didn't do so unless they were extremely close. Shi didn't really get that, but he respected it on most occasions. On this one, however, he felt as if it were okay to ask.

• 3 weeks later...

Spencer smiled softly when Shi said that he was going to see his family again. He greatly missed his family and friends, and he wanted to get back to them. But he knew that if he didn't get out there, and possibly start to help out, he would not be able to get to anyone he needed to get to. He sighed a minute but quickly got rid of that sadness after Shi asked a question about his hobbies. He thought for a moment and smiled a bit. "I love to do American Sign Language. I also love history, singing, listening to music, reading, writing, hiking, and kayaking. Oh! Also swimming, water is great." He laughed a bit and blushed, but he forced it away from his face. He thought for a moment, and decided to push back at Shi for the same question. "What about you? You seem to like to get to know people more than I do, you seem a hell of a lot more social than I could ever be." He smiled and looked at the man, he wished to be able to be social, but he knew that possibly wont happen.

@Shi

• 2 weeks later...

Spencer, despite his shyness, was actually an incredibly well-rounded man with a variety of hobbies and interests. Shi found that interesting. "Before I ended up here I was a musician. I wasn't big or anything, but I did sing. I can play guitar as well." He replied.

"I wouldn't say I'm super social, but I like conversations." The man chuckled, continuing down the straight, snowy path. After disconnecting himself from his relatives and old friends, he had noticed a steep decline in his day-to-day talks. Since he had left America, he hadn't been on a date, received a phone call from his grandparents, or even had the opportunity to bump into an old acquaintance on the street. He thought leaving his home town to explore a new environment would help him through his tough times, but that only backfired. On top of that, he was trapped inside of a video game that threatened his life. He wasn't really making any friendships in there.

Until the noirette discovered Spencer. He was the first real person he felt a connection with; his first friend in Sword Art Online. That was something he could not throw around like it was nothing. "So, tell me about sign language. What about that interests you?" He laughed, finding it odd that the man took up a hobby such as that.

"You're a musician? I wish I was good with singing or my voice. I'm meh at both, but music always is a favorite thing of mine." He smiled a bit and shrugged, he knew his musical ability wa severely limited, but that didn't bother him at all. This guy seems cool, I think the two of us would get a long quite well in the real world, I hope at least. I hope I'm not reading into it and he actually doesn't really like me but is just acting nice to be friendly. He sighed a bit and tried to force the not-so-nice thoughts out of his head and calm himself down a bit. When Shi asked him about Sign Language, his face lit up just a bit. "Well, it all started when I was watching a TV and it had a few deaf characters. At that point i knew Sign existed and I know like some of the alphabet, but that was it. However, as time progressed, I started to like non-verbal communication more and more, so it became a tiny bit of a hobby, but then it slowly grew to something I actually wanted to do in college."