(F1/SP) Tusk Hunter? <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

Sighing, I close the door of my shop behind me, looking at the Town of Beginnings. *Man, it's been a while since I actually left town. Percy and Ourian are probably leagues past me by now, what would they say if they saw me now?* I stretch then remember the last time I saw Percy; "Right, there was that quest we did, it took him forever to find all those Mushrooms. Thinking about it, actually, didn't that turn in lead almost directly into another quest? What was that Blacksmith's name? Lyle Teasmith. I'm sure if I head there, I can take his Quest, and maybe work on catching up with the the others." Smiling to myself, I nod and start trying to remember where the Blacksmith's Shop was, before smiling again and heading into the Town, confident I'll remember the way. Before making my way to the Blacksmith though, I decide to walk to the Gate, where so much began for me, and start to think about all those I met that Day, the Day I decided to fight back! Once I finish reminiscing however, I march briskly towards the Blacksmith's his location suddenly very clear in my mind.

As I walk along the stone walls and building of the Town of Beginnings, I let my feet guide me to where I need to go, and soon I find myself once more back at the Old Blacksmith's shop, and I last remember being here with Percy, so long ago. "Well, here goes, let's hope I can still take this quest." At that I knock on the wooden door sharply, to which is answered by a heated reply;

"Oi! I'm coming, I'm coming, this better be important." Lyle opens the door and looks at me hard, then seems to faintly remember me; "Oh, boy. You're the one that came with a package from Old Zach a while back. What can I do for you?"

"Well, Sir, I was hoping I could help you with something. You mentioned before you needed help with something, was wondering if you still did?"

Lyle looks me up and down before nodding slowly;

"Aye, that I do. I need Boar Pup Tusks, 3 of em mind you. They aren't going to be easy to collect either, I need them in pristine condition. You do that, and I'll give you either a new weapon or new armor, your decision."

As he finishes talking, the Accept Quest pop-up appears in front of me, and I smile as I press Accept;

"You can count on me, Sir. I'll get you 3 pristine Boar Tusks. Be back soon!"

Lyle nods at me, then closes the door as I walk towards the Gate. *Heh, Boar Pups shouldn't be too hard to find, just hope that I can fight them, despite not being much a Fighter.*

I walk up to the Gate, placing my hand upon the stone and smile, so much has changed. Gripping my blade, I walk forward, glad for the chance to move my body in battle once more; 

"Fighting may not be my thing for the most part, but while I have my blade, may as well use it for something. Now, let's go find me some Boar Pups."

Upon saying that, I run forward towards the forest, where I hope a few Boars may be resting and can attack quickly, maybe kill some before they can even react. When I reach a clearing, I see a beautiful lake, and at the far side, is a single Boar Pup, that seems to be sleeping with it's back towards me.

"Jackpot, now just to sneak up on it and end it with a single slice."

I start to creep up on the boar, and place my hand on the hilt of the sword, ready to draw in an instant.

Spoiler

# 89075

BD: 8 (Success)

MD: 9 (Success)

Bongartz: 117/120 Go

Boar Pup: 3/5 Hp

I draw my blade, though the sound of it quickly draws the attention of the Boar, which although it appeared to sleep, was merely waiting for me. The boar came charging at me and as I tried to move to the side, it's tusk scrapped against my leg.

"Well, aren't you just a wonderful pain? Looks like I can't take this as easily as I thought."

As it turned around to charge again, I stood facing it, and jumped over the boar, slicing it's rough hide, but it was far from a telling blow. I look around to make sure it's friends aren't coming yet, but for now it's still only me and him. I ready my blade once more, and my sword feels lighter in my hand now. 

"I'd forgotten, my Sword is Keen. That'll definitely come in handy."

I smile at the boar, and point my sword at it as a taunt;

"Come on then, let's finish this."

Edited by Bongartz
Dice
Spoiler

BD: 6+1 (Success)

MD: 6 (Success)

Bongartz: 114/120

Boar: 1/5

The boar charges once more at blinding speed, tackling me before I can even react. Once I stand back up, it's already coming back at me, so I hold my blade defensively, blocking the tusks. I push off, knocking the boar away, and while it's knocked up, I slash quickly, enjoying watching the health bar fall into red. Though I'm disappointed it's not dead yet, it's easy enough to see it won't last much longer. 

"Alright pup, one more slice from my sword and it'll be the end of you."

The sword in my hands feels slightly heavier, and I remember Keen only lasts in between hits.

"Well, guess I have to make this next swing a really good one."

*This is only a pup though, and while my health isn't too bad off, it takes 3 hits to kill even one. Maybe I should just stick to gathering, or spend some points to be and level my proficency?*

I shake my head to clear my thoughts; I'm in battle, I've not the time to be thinking like this. I ready my sword and prepare for the next charge.

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

# 89078

BD: 2 (Fail)

MD: 7 (Success)

Bongartz: 111/120

Lost in thought, I didn't notice the boar was already on top of me, and it tackled me again before I could block. I stand back up, and shake my head.

*Damn, I could have ended this right there if I didn't start doubting myself. What I do back in Town can wait until then, I can't afford to let myself get so distracted out here.*

The boar charges again, which I'm able to sidestep out of the way, but now I'm just watching it, waiting for the right moment to counterattack that should give me the best chance to hit it. After a few moments, it stops as well, eyeing me.

"Well, how's this for a showdown, huh? A Swordsman vs a Boar, and neither of us can seem to get the upper hand. Thing is though, I only need a single hit, where you need over 30. I will win, but just how badly will you get me?"

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

# 89106

BD: 3 (Fail)

MD: 5 (Fail)

Bongartz: 111/120

Hearing my words, the boar charges again recklessly, allowing me to once more sidestep easily, though my swing of the blade was just a little too slow, and I failed to connect. This goes on for a few more minutes, the two of us attacking each other and missing or being blocked. After every miss, I get more agitated, desperate to finish this fight quickly.

"If you're just a Pup, I'm scared to see what a full grown boar would do to me. As it is though, you're really starting to annoy me, and I want to kill you sooner rather than later. Now stand still so I can end you!"

I charge the boar this time, taking the initiative and trying to surprise the boar, but it merely jumps over me as I slash, bouncing off my head in the process.

"Really? Why can't you just die already? I'm getting tired of you dodging my sword." 

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

BD: 10 (Crit+2)

LD: 10 (Fail)

Bongartz: HP: 108/120 EN: 9/12 

Boar: 0/5

Sighing, I start to think of new ways I might still be able to win, despite how agile this Pup is. As I ready my blade once more, I remember some old stories of how a medieval boar hunt would be done by stabbing a lance of some sort into the ground, that had an extra piece of metal in front of it, made so when the boar charges, they would run straight into it, skewering themselves for the kill. This is only  a Pup, so perhaps if I plant my sword during it's charge, it'll cut itself open?
As I'm thinking, boar starts charging again, and I have to move quickly. I plant my sword into the ground and jump back from it, just as the pup slams into the sword, cutting himself open, dead. Unfortunately, the edge of his tusk still got me just a little, as a parting gift. I walk back over to pull my sword out of the ground and hopefully get my first tusk, but to my great dismay, it didn't drop.
"Well, that fight was a pain. I only need 3 of them, so I figured it wouldn't be an easy drop, but still. At any rate, I need to find another pup now, and with my swords Keen effect now in place, perhaps I can kill it with a single blow."
I sheathe my sword then walk back into the forest, keeping my eyes peeled for another Boar Pup.

Edited by Bongartz
Dice
  • 8 months later...
Spoiler

BD: 5+1=6 (Success)

Bongartz: HP: 105/120 EN: 9/12 

Boar: 3/5

As I walk through the forest, I see another Boar Pup. It's looking right at me, so i know stealth isn't an option here, so I merely unsheathe my sword and charge at it. It reciprocates, and as I attempt to side step it's charge, it's tusk scatrches me as I run my blade along it's side. Now it eyes me warily, being injured mid-charge. I ready my blade, expecting another charge.

"That's right, come on. I'm getting tired of you little Pups not dying fast. This time, you will give me a pristine Tusk, got it? "

This time around, I'm fairly sure that even if I plant my sword again, in this world with HP and damage, that the boar won't die outright like the last one did. Perhaps after I strike it once more, it'll work, but not yet. There's got to be a trick to killing these things fast.

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

BD: 6 (Success)

MD: 3 (Fail)

As the Boar Pup charges again, this time I'm ready for it, easily able to side step, and cut it once more. watching it's HP drop into the red and he needs only one more hit to be dealt with. The Boar Pup fell over with the cut, but now is regaining it's footing.

"Getting slow with that cut are you? At least that's some good luck for me, now if you'd be so kind as to drop a Pristine Tusk for me, when I finish you off?"

The Boar Pup glares at me with it's red eyes, as I sigh. Why am I talking to the boar? Not like it really understands what I'm saying, anyway. I spin the blade in my hands, now holding it in a reverse position, the sword behind my back, with my other hand in front of me, ready to move to either side for the final slash.

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

BD: 5+1=6 (Success)

MD: 2 (Fail)

LD: 20 (Success)

As the Boar Pup begins it's final charge, I run towards it and jump over, spinning my whole body slashing at the Pup from above as it passes under me. When I land, I quickly make my way over to where the boar fell, and to my immense joy, it dropped the first Pristine Tusk I needed.

"Awesome! One down, 2 more to go. If only all my fights could go as well as this one did. I'm really liking the Keen ability on this Sword, when it's active, it feels like it's drawn to the enemies, and I can't miss. If only I could figure out how to kill these things faster. 3 hits seems a bit much, but I suppose without spending the Points to increase my weapon damage, not much I can do about it."

I sheath my sword once more, happy with my little bit of luck, and begin my pursuit of the next Tusk. 

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

BD: 3 (Fail)

MD: 3 (Fail)

Bongartz: HP: 105/120 EN: 8/12 

Boar: 5/5

As I soon come across my next Boar Pup, I immediately engage it, as I have been, unsheathing and swinging the blade in the same movement, but this boar pup was just a little faster and he evaded my attack, though as he swung his tusks at me, I was able to dodge them and roll away, for a brief moments respite. As I regain my footing, the Boar pup and I gauge each other, readying for the next clash.

"Alright then, you seem faster on your feet than that last Pup, I may have to be a bit more careful."

*Perhaps I should consider increasing my attack power, and be more of a fighter, instead of trying to be a Treasure Hunter. Or at the very least, try to find a good balance between the two.*

I take a deep breath to stem my thoughts, slow my breathing and watch my enemy for his next move. 

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

BD: 8 (Success)

MD: 7 (Success)

LD: 19 (Success)

Bongartz: HP: 102/120 EN: 6/12 (Snake Bite-3 Energy)

The Boar Pup charges again, my side step once more a little too slow, but this time, my sword glows red, and I can feel power welling up, just waiting to be released. I find myself launching at the Boar Pup's side, stabbing him 3 times in rapid succession, watching his HP drop all the way to 0.

"Woah, what just happened? If I recall, Ourian did that, when he first taught me how to fight in this world. A Sword Art, I believe he called it? Know that I know how to use it myself, I'm sure fights will be much easier."

As I think out loud to myself, I realize this boar has also dropped a Pristine Tusk, and I can't refrain from a shout of joy.

"A 2nd one, already? I won't argue that, I'm almost done with this quest now. Just need one last Tusk."

I sheathe my sword once more, and prepare to find the last Pristine Tusk.

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

BD: 2+1=3 (Fail)

MD: 5 (Fail)

Bongartz: HP: 105/120 EN: 5/12 

I quickly find another Pup, though this time I'm starting to feel a bit tired after using my first Sword Art, so I clumisily swing my sword, and wildly miss hitting the boar, but despite my tiredness, I'm still able to dodge this boars charge without getting hit.

"Alright, Sword Arts take a lot out of you, it seems. I'll have to be careful in their use, and not go wild with them. Good info to know, i suppose. I'll need to rest back in town soon, hopefully I'll get the last Pristine Tusk before I have to call it a day."

I ready my blade, and take another deep breath, making sure I'm focused on the fight at hand. The Boar Pup looks like it's about to charge again, and I can't let it best me. I reverse my sword in my hand once more, feeling like the reverse hand grip suits me better in combat at the moment.

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

BD: 2+1=3 (Fail)

MD: 2 (Fail)

Bongartz: HP: 105/120 EN: 4/12 

As the Boar Pup charges, I step to the side, easily dodging the tusks again, but my exhaustion is still showing, in my delay to swing my own blade, as I miss the boar again. When the boar stops it's charge and turns around again, I point my sword straight at him, then flip the sword back into a reverse grip.

"Alright, if I'm lucky, you're the last one I'll need to kill for my 3rd Pristine Tusk, but even if you don't give it to me, I need to return to town once I'm done here and rest."

*Once I'm able to get stronger, I won't be exhausted so easily. Perhaps I can get a Skill or something that will help me recover energy faster out in the field? In any case, I think I should try to make more friends, so I don't always have to go at it solo.*

As the boar prepares to charge, I ready myself to attack, hopefully I can kill it now.

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

BD: 8+1=9 (Success)

MD: 10 (Success)

Bongartz: HP: 102/120 EN: 2/12 (Snake Bite-3 SP)

As the boar charges me again, I am unable to dodge due to my exhaustion, getting thrown a few feet away from the boar. As I stand back up shakenly, I let my frustration out, and charge the boar with another Sword Art, quickly stabbing it 3 times over, killing it. Unfortunately for me though, he didn't drop the Pristine Tusk, so I need to return to town to rest, then come back out here again for the last one.

"Well, at least I didn't take too much damage out here, but man I'm beat. Hopefully, when I get my energy back, I can come back out here and get the last one fairly quickly. Now I know how to use Sword Arts properly, perhaps it'll be a lot faster."
I sheathe my sword, and then begin walking through the forest though now even more exhausted than I was, heading back to the Town of Beginnings. 

Edited by Bongartz