[PP-F2-NK] All In (Ruby, Telrenya, Spencer)

Another day on Floor Two, Jomei thought to himself as he stepped out of his shop to get some fresh air. He stretched his arms up into air after sitting for a couple of hours playing his music. Across the way from his shop, he saw an NPC he had not seen before, surrounded by a couple of players. Jomei stepped up to the man and read the sign he had posted just above the table with the small box on it. [Enter for a chance to win a fully furnished mansion in the city of your choice!] Jomei blinked a few times, wondering if he should take his chances. He thought about what he would need with a mansion.. although, his shop was getting rather cramped. Bardic Inspiration could be set up inside of the mansion.. and he would be able to have people over.. and if he had a guild they could use it as a base. That was when he remembered his conversation with Ruby; she had mentioned thinking about making her own guild. With a smirk on his face, Jomei entered himself into the contest for a mansion. "Thanks for your entry! We will do the drawing later today!" the NPC said to Jomei, its automatic response he heard four more times in the same tone as he walked away.

Jomei swiped his hand up, the sound of small chimes ringing as his menu opened in front of him. Opening his messages, he sent out a quick PM to Ruby: 

To: Ruby

Hey Ruby, thought about what we spoke about last time I saw you, about starting a guild. I might have a few ideas if you want to meet up and talk about it. I'll wait at the square in Urbus.

[  Send  ]

Jomei tapped the send button and off the message went. As he went to close the menu, he thought for a moment about the other blonde woman he met recently. With a soft smile on his face, he opened another message:

To: Telrenya

Hey Telrenya, I'm meeting up with a friend on Floor Two to discuss a possible guild we might make, wanted to see if you'd like to join us. It'd be nice to have you join the guild too. If you want to come, I'll meet you in Urbus' Square.

See you soon

[  Send  ]

Jomei sent off the second message before closing his HUD once again, making his way towards the center of Urbus.

@Telrenya @Ruby @Spencer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Hmm hmm~" Telrenya had been humming a light tune to herself as she crouched down to the grassy floor. Just outside of Delilah, the Artisan had been able to find a handful of flowers in varying species and colors. She had been set on decorating her shop in some way, and while there were plenty of stores that offered decor and furniture for player homes and shops, she had been determined to work on her searching skill by gathering some things on her own.

"Hm?" Her rhythm was stopped as a small chiming sound rang in her ears--the system alerting her of a new message. When she had finished dropping a blue azalea into her inventory, Telrenya navigated her menus and pulled up Jomei's message. Her eyes shifted from side to side as she read over its contents before a small smile appeared. She knew about guilds--the basics, at least, and she couldn't help but feel a tiny flutter of happiness that the ginger had actually offered her an invitation. Her confidence had grown, slowly but steadily, over the past few weeks, to the point where she wasn't worrying so much about how she might be a detriment to any guildmates or how she didn't have much worth to contribute. It would still be a while before she could banish those thoughts completely, but for now she took a breath and typed out a quick reply.

It only took Telrenya about ten minutes to reach the meeting place Jomei had told her. Stepping out from Urbus' teleport gate, the blonde gave a quick look around for the man's orange hair or green attire, things she had grown used to identifying after their previous encounters.

"Ugh..." Ruby had moaned after waking up at this time of the day in her store, she had given yesterday a good attempt to make some potions.. she had gotten up from her bed and stretched upwards and then wiped her eyes. She had opened her inventory and swapped her Nightgown for her typical attire and stepped out of her room. She had looked at her work station and looked away, she didn't really feel up for the task today, she wanted to do other things today. She had wanted Telrenya to come over to look at her shop and even her new cute witch outfit, and as she had opened her messages she had seen that she had gotten a message from Jomei. "Ah sh*t how long have I been asleep again..." before slapping her forehead, she had shook her head and opened the message and read it... "Startin' a new guild huh? I'm down to clown." she had chuckled and closed her menu's and walked out of her store and towards the main teleporter where she had given the command to teleport to Floor Two Urbus.

Spencer really thought Floor 2 was a diamond in the rough, as in it was over looked. But, the floor had some really nice charm that no one seemed to see. Spencer was deep in exploring the forests around the main city of the floor."I feel like I'm only person on the floor. Well obviously I'm not the only person on this floor, but its pretty empty and kind of boring." He sighed and walked around the forest, brushing branches and shrubs away with his hands and feet. What the..... His mind trailed off as he slowly came upon what seemed to be a mansion, but this one looked a little more worse for wear than any other building he has seen so far. "Okay.. This is a little weird, might as well check it out." He laughed to himself and approached the decaying building cautiously, but still curious about it all. His hand touched the door and he knocked, the force of his knock sending the door to slowly creak open, the noise kind of sounding like the grudge. "Might as well go in." He mumbled and entered the building.

With the blue ring sitting atop the stone platform in his sight, Jomei continued to walk towards Urbus' square. As his feet carried him forward, he thought about ideas for their guild. He supposed he could borrow some of the ideals he had brought to The Velvet Room.. but that wasn't enough. He wanted the guild to be bigger than Velvet Room.. even bigger than Azure Brigade or Knights of The Blood Oath in time. The man returned his focus to finding Ruby and Telrenya first, once they were here, he would bring up his ideas. 

As the bright white light of someone warping onto the floor dissipated, Jomei saw the familiar blonde head of Telrenya. A warm smile forming on his face, he brought his hand up to wave to the woman, however a sudden message sent to him took his focus off the woman. With a curious expression on his face, Jomei opened the message. It was an automated message, not sent by any player. It read that Jomei had won the drawing for the mansion. His eyes went wide with excitement as he continued to read the rest of the PM. At the bottom were directions to the mansion on this floor, which confused the man. He was told that he would be able to have his house on, though this message claimed it was on this floor, not even located within the city walls. 

--------

BBFTsukuyomiMoonPhase-03DVDH264AAC9B01786Fmp4_snapshot_1823_20131023_232737.jpg.5dcb9bfc8ea3b56e1a4e9635cb184669.jpg

Outside of the town, the abandoned mansion rotted away, hidden away from plain sight. Within the same moment that Jomei accepted his 'prize' , the doors to the mansion, which were opened by another player, slammed shut and locked. The lights inside flickered on, before dimming to a haunting level. The entire house seemed to spark to life in preparation of its new owner.

----------

Jomei closed the message and returned his gaze to Telrenya, smiling yet again. "Hey Tel, It's good to see you again." Jomei had grown quite fond of the woman standing in front of him over their past few encounters, so it made him happy that she responded to his request to join them so quickly. "I actually have something we could all check out as we talk about my ideas.. Just waiting on one more person." 

Mentally shaking off the lingering rush that the teleport gate still seemed to give her, Telrenya brightened when movement caught her eye. It seemed the ginger-haired duelist had found her first, and she brightened up immediately. "Jomei!" She exclaimed, giving the man a wave in return as she closed the gap between them. His expression changed, and the woman wondered what the message that hovered in front of him read before he had dismissed it and addressed her proper.

"Same goes to you." She replied cheerfully. Their last adventure wasn't far off in her memory, and she was glad to have heard from him again so soon. "I have to admit, I'm not too... Well, I don't really know much about guilds." She restarted her thought with a shy smile. "B-but thank you for inviting me!" She added on, hurrying to voice her gratitude. At the mention of something to do that that Jomei had in mind, she thought it best to wait and see what it would be. Instead, her head tilted ever-so-slightly at his last statement. "Oh, anyone I might know?"

Ruby had stepped out of the main teleporter and looked around, she couldn't really find anyone... "If only Jomei sent me damn coordinates..." she had muttered underneath her breath. She had looked around, for the ginger haired player, then eventually she had spotted the ginger haired player but she had spotted Telrenya as well. She had let out a small giggle and put a finger in front of Jomei signalling to keep quiet about her appearance... and once she had gotten close enough she had ran up to Telrenya and gave her a surprise hug "Telly!!" and nuzzled her face a little bit. She eventually let go and giggled, and looked at Jomei "So you messaged me up about startin' that guild? I knew you'd come around to it." and gave him a wink before looking at Telrenya. "Say... Telly, why are you here? Are you here to join the guild as well?" she had said out to her with a smile, to her it was a little too good to be true if you asked her.

@Jomei

Spencer screamed. He was not proud of himself at this moment, but he was going to give himself a pass considering a door just slammed shut in a seemingly empty house."Oh Hell no, I'm not the stereotypical person who dies in horror movies, I'm getting out of this one." He walked towards the door and yanked, surprising him the it wouldn't move. He sighed and pulled again, the door not moving still. At this point Spencer started to freak out a bit."Crap, What's going on... Okay maybe I triggered a quest... But that makes no sense I didn't accepet any quest!" He was freaking out a bit, more than a bit, but he turned around and the house seemed to almost change a bit. It was almost as if it was waking up, but an eerie feeling crept over him as things started to shift. Noises were echoing around the house, and the piano started to play itself. Spencer started to shake a bit as he walked forward,.his mace drawn at the ready. What the hell is going on He thought to himself and walked toward's the next room, opening the door, and letting out a terrible yell.

Telrenya’s excitement about being invited to help Jomei start this guild forced a smile upon his face, one that stretched from ear to ear. “Of course.” he said. She asked if the one remaining party member was one that she knew. Jomei was not sure of anyone who Telrenya knew, being it was always just the two of them. As she asked the question, Jomei looked over her shoulder to see another familiar blonde woman, gesturing to Jomei to keep silent about her being there. A confused Jomei respected her request, and watched as Ruby yelled out ‘Telly’ before latching onto the woman. ‘Telly?’ He thought to himself. The man crossed his arms, chuckling “Well, I guess you two do know each other. Good, I’m terrible at introductions.” he gave the two girls a friendly wink. Jomei nodded at Ruby’s questions, “Yeah, thought it over after we went on that quest.. Figured It’d be a great opportunity for us. And, of course, I made sure to extend the invitation to Tel here.” Jomei said as he looked at Telrenya, smiling and rubbing the back of his neck. Afterwards, the man cleared his throat. “Alright, so day one of planning for the guild starts now.. Speaking of which. I have a little quest for us.” Jomei opened up the message he had received earlier, sending it over to the two women by swiping his hand to the side, “Apparently, I won a mansion.” he laughed, “Though something seems odd about the whole ordeal, so I think it’d be best if we all went and investigated. Could be fun. And we can talk about ideas for the guild either way. Sound like a good idea?”

Telrenya gave a start when she felt a sudden force from behind her, her muscles tensing as she froze up. When her brain registered the familiar voice beside her face, the blonde blinked in lingering surprise. "Ruby!?" She turned to face the cheery woman and gave a nervous chuckle as her heart rate slowed again. She opened her mouth to ask Ruby what she was doing here, but before she got the words out the other two players gave her an idea of the situation.

Telrenya smiled, genuinely surprised that she did actually know the person that Jomei had also called out. Once the initial excitement had died down, Telrenya's head cocked to the side as Jomei mentioned that he had won a mansion. "Won a...whoa, what?" The surprises didn't seem to stop coming. "I didn't know there was anything like that..." She mumbled under her breath. The woman pressed her fingertips together as another small smile rested on her features. "Well, I'd love to hear more about this guild you two have been talking about. And checking out a fancy new mansion sounds like fun!"

Ruby had let out a chuckle as Telrenya had gotten surprised and she had froze up till she had gained back her courage, before she could say anything about her slowed heart beat Jomei had began to speak out, Ruby had looked up to Jomei with a intrigued look. Ruby had gained a smile and said out to Jomei "Soooo from what I am hearing. You wanted to invite more girls into your guild? Man, you are quite the ladies man if you ask me." she had let out a chuckle. Then out of the blue Jomei had mentioned that he had won a mansion and how it must be investigated first. Ruby had gave Jomei and mischievous smile and said "I swear if you were a female right about now I'd be a little more attracted for winning a mansion, that's very impressive." however she had then shrugged and said "So you are saying we go inspect this mansion together like its what... a scooby doo mystery?" she had a more concerned look, god who knows what could be in that mansion.

@Jomei

Spencer's yell was cut off by him diving out the way of an oncoming arrow, the arrow head splitting the air and sticking into the front door. Spencer gasped for breath and stayed on the floor, just in case something else might happen. "Is this place designed to kill people?! That makes no sense! I just walked into the house.. Maybe someone else triggered it? No one's here except me!" His breathing slowly started to calm down as he talked to himself, the habit he formed while questing by himself able to really calm him down and make him more chill and mellow. "Okay... Okay.. First things first, figure out what's exactly going on." He breathed in and slowly stood up, his mace still at the ready. Spencer gripped the side of the wall and slowly peaked his head around the corner, but luckily the trap was already triggered and nothing happened when he walked through. In side the room was a dinning area, but a smaller one, seemed as though this was for a small dinner party rather than a huge party room. "This would be almost nice if it wasn't trying to kill me." He muttered and began to slowly walk around, looking at every thing very carefully.

The man's cheeks turned red when Ruby noticed that the two players Jomei invited to start the guild with him were women. "H-Hey! It was just coincidence.. Any of the guys I trust are already in guilds.. And I trust the two of you so.." He cleared his throat as his face returned to its normal pale and lightly freckled color. Jomei's eyes looked at Telrenya apologetically before glaring at Ruby, and then letting out a small a laugh to himself. Telrenya expressed shock at Jomei's winnings, and did not realize that there were events as such in this game. The man shook his head, "Have to admit.. I didn't know either, could all just be a quest with no rewards at all. Despite, its still a quest that could give us some experience." Ruby chimed in herself about the whole situation, claiming that, if Jomei had been a woman instead, she would be into the man for winning a mansion. The man shook his head and chuckled, "I can definitely name a few women with large houses that may tickle your fancy. But then again, I don't know if they'd appreciate the gold digging." he teased the woman back. "Well, if you want to call it that." Jomei said to Ruby when she related this quest to a 'Scooby Doo Mystery' , "Though, it may turn out to be nothing aside from just claiming the plot of land... It would be a bit more fun if there was something in the mansion eh?" 
The Irishman swiped his hand up so his HUD floated in front of him, sending party requests to both Telrenya and Ruby. Once they accepted, Jomei opened up the quest information, so he could find just where the group needed to go. "Alright.. looks like its out of the city. You guys ready?"

Telrenya brought a hand up to hover in front of her mouth as she suppressed a few chuckles at the pair's back-and-forth teasing. It was good to see that everyone was famliar enough with each other to be making jokes and laughing. Any worries she had about meeting up with strangers or not getting along with other members of this guild they had planned faded away just as they party request appeared in front of her. With a smile, the woman accepted to dismiss the menu, and she recognized the stats of the other two players that appeared in the upper corner of her vision.

She gave a nod when Jomei prompted them, replying with a simple, "Yep, let's check it out!" She had no idea what to expect with the vague details she'd been passed--a mansion outside of the city, that Jomei won from some sort of contest or something? The woman couldn't recall seeing much in the way of buildings outside of the safe zones, let along one that could be called a mansion. 'Just what could it be like...' She began to wonder as the trio headed for the city gates.

Ruby had shrugged, she has more standards that to let ones worth when it comes to currency sway her in love, if she doesn't think they don't look good or if she doesn't like them in general she just wouldn't do it. "I've got higher standards than that you know." she said as if she had taken a little offense to his comment. Ruby had waved her finger in front of Jomei for just a moment "Whoa there tiger, what makes you think that this is even legit in the first place." she had looked up to him and then walked towards him and placed a finger on the center of his chest and looked back up and said "For all you know we could be walking towards a trap to Player Killers for all you know. Its easy bait, claim you are handing out a mansion, tell them to come to this certain location and boom. We came like a mouse in a mouse trap." she moved her finger up and under his chin. Before walking back to Telrenya "I have no issue with going with you Jomei. But, you gotta consider what all could happen."

@Jomei

Spencer was busying himself with looking at the different items in the smaller dinning room, that he didn't see the ceiling moving till a glass piece of an old chandelier fell and hit him in the head. Spencer grumbled to himself and looked up, only to be face to ceiling with the imposing building. He gasped and ran for an exit, but he couldn't' really stand any more with the clearing being slow low. Spencer breathed in and slid, his body sliding under the ceiling and sliding into another room, with a spiral staircase up to a second floor. Spencer let out a strangled sigh and panted on the floor, the ceiling finally coming to a stop two inches above the floor and coming back up, everything in the room looking back to normal as it reached the top of the building. "What the hell is going on?" He shook his head and stood up shakily, realizing that the only exit he had was through that room, and he didn't want to go through that again. "Onward I suppose, but which way...."

Telrenya seemed excited to go exploring, Ruby on the other hand was the more cautious one. The blonde haired girl stepped right up to Jomei, looking straight up at him with a finger driving into his chest. Jomei tilted his head to look at the woman as she brought up her precautions about this mansion. She did have a point, believing it was a trap and all. However, he had received the information from an NPC in the safe zone. The Cardinal system may have been trying to get players killed with monsters and quests, but they could not lead them into player killers. Jomei slouched forward, so his face was right in front of Ruby's. He leaned his head forward until his chin was basically on top of her shoulder, his lips close to her ear. "Or.... what if I'm the player killer?" he said in a whisper loud enough for Telrenya to hear as well. However, as he spoke to Ruby, his mischievous grin broke into a friendly smile, added with a wink to let Telrenya know he was merely joking. 

As he stood up straight again, he turned down the road they would take to get out of the city, "I got the quest from an NPC.. They can't lead us to player killers, its not in their system." he said with a chuckle. "It'll be fine." As the group exited the town and walked towards a dense forest just off the road, Jomei looked over to Telrenya. "So, were you able to get your hands on anything to help you out with your accuracy in battle?" Seeing as though both her weapon and attire were still the same from the last time they had met, nor did he notice any new jewelry or trinkets, he assumed that she did not. His suspicions were confirmed when she answered him, and he frowned for a moment. The man then took in a short breath through his nostrils, before moving his cloak out of the way with his right hand, revealing his trinket, Erin's Favor, hanging from his belt. The man grabbed at the chain with his hand and unattached it, before handing the clover-shaped emerald to the girl. "Here. I want you to have this. Especially if something happens in there and I, or Ruby, aren't there to help." He placed the small trinket in her open palm. "Not only will it help boost your accuracy a bit, but it gives you a little extra help when you're avoiding attacks as well." He gave the woman a warm smile, "I only ask that, once you become a better Artisan, you make me a new one." His smile widened. He still had his own skills, as well as Adere's eyes, to help him in combat, and he much rather preferred her feeling safer in an emergency than him always landing a hit every single time. 

The party walked off of the dirt path and through the forest. The canopy of leaves above them blocked out most of the sun as they passed by the trunks of the trees that grew so closely together. Hidden behind the dark forest sat a large three story mansion. The paint was chipping and dirtied, shutters on scattered windows were falling off the hinges, and many shingles that made up the roof were missing. Inside, some of the windows revealed dimly lit candles or lights, while others were pitch black. Jomei stared at the broken down house for a moment, realizing that he had either been ripped off, or it was a test of some sort. "Definitely not what I expected.. Come on, lets go inside.." The man continued forward to the large double doors, which appeared locked from afar. However, as the ginger stepped in front of the doors, they slowly opened without him laying a hand on them. The loud creaking noise that echoed in the foyer of the mansion sent a chill down his spine, but he gained the courage and stepped inside. Immediately, he felt a presence.. Similar to the one he felt when he explored the abandoned castle with Lessa. "...Hello?" Jomei called, his voice echoing throughout the halls as the door did. "...Now the question is..what do w-" before Jomei could finish his sentence, the doors slammed behind them. 

----

As for the boy who now found himself on the upper floors, he heard the faint echo of someone's voice, followed by a loud bang. Did he believe it to be a ghost? Or possibly some player... but friendly or not was the real question. However, he would find that as he would try to return to the main floor to see the newly arrived guests, the door he had just walked through, was no longer existent, and was replaced with a wall.

-1 Erin's Favor

Given Erin's Favor to Telrenya

Erin's Favor: +1 EVA, +2 ACC

Jomei's New Stats:

DMG: 13
EVA: 3
ACC: 2
Light Momentum: 2
MIT: 25

Ruby's smile had turned dim upon him talking about himself being a player killer, even if this was simply a joke, she doesn't appreciate the comment that he had made. Ruby has seen enough [censored], many of played claim to be friendly, but for a comment to be pushed out like that... leaves a bad taste in her mouth. She had nearly half a mind to walk off right here right now, Ruby had just stood there waiting to hear this master plan he had going on. Ruby had looked at the exchange that was to happen. She had half a mind to slap the trinket out of his hand, however she wasn't. She was going to let his comment slide past, however her trust in the man has gotten very slim. She had followed up being the man and Telrenya but she wouldn't hesitate to interfere or do something to him if things are to go sour. To be honest, she didn't want to enter this building at all, however she was going to be sure that Telrenya is going to be safe, the last thing she wants Telrenya to experience is the same thing that happened to Ruby a while back. Ruby had looked back as they had entered and the doors had slammed shut. "Great." she had thought to herself.

OAs the emerald trinket was placed in her hand, Telrenya's eyes widened slightly. Just as she was about to protest and say she couldn't possibly accept the item, Jomei's request cause her to hold her tongue, instead giving a small nod. "O-of course...! Thank you," Staring at the clover-shaped charm, she wondered if she would ever be capable of making something similar, let alone better. Even so, she pulled up her menus to equip the newly-acquired item with a new resolve. The cloak behind her disappeared while Erin's Favor now hung from a thin silver chain around her left wrist.

Glancing over her shoulder at the other blonde woman, Telrenya couldn't help but feel Ruby's attitude had soured since they set out. "Everything okay, Ruby?" She asked with a concerned expression. The two didn't have time to chat, as it hadn't taken them long to reach the dilapidated mansion, the sight of the run-down building causing a frown to work its way over Telrenya's features. She was about to voice her concerns about the whole thing as well, but Jomei continued on to lead them inside. Trying to swallow down her cowardice, the blonde woman hesitantly followed after him only to give a small jump at the sound of the doors slamming shut a few moments later. A hand instinctively placed itself over her chest, where her heart would have been beating rapidly after the sudden motion. Not only that, but turning around showed her that the large set of doors they had just walked through seemed to have vanished. "Alright, so, I really don't think this is a normal old mansion you've won..." She spoke in a hushed tone, if only to fill the eerie silence for a moment.

Spencer looked on to the stairs ahead of him, a tad bit nervous with what could possibly come from stairs. What if they give out, or what if I fall into a big pit where I can't get out of it... I can't be this nervous all the time but I really am right now, this house has a mind of its own. But I can't stand in this room all day, and I can't go back, not with the ceiling and all that. He turned to look back at the room and the door was gone. He sighed, at this point he shouldn't be surprised by anything that happens any more. He turned back to the stairs and began to take a tentative step, his foot touching the solid wood, but it did not give away. He gave a sigh of relief and slowly began to walk up the stairs, still cautious about everything he was seeing. "Slow and steady." He mumbled as he ascended the spiral stair case on to the second floor.

Hallway.jpg.ae34c04d0991959e6abf8840f6bacbdd.jpg

On the second floor he came upon a hallway. It seemed to be that this part of the mansion retained all of its building structure, even had some lights on throughout the place. He gave a small sigh of relief, happy nothing happened. He saw a seat in front of one door, and he decided to move for that room, not sure what else to really look for. He placed his mace in front of the door first, hoping to trigger anything that was active at the time. Luckily nothing happened. He put his mace back on his hip and moved to enter the room, taking the whole place in.

Custom-Millwork-Oak-Home-Office-Furniture-Layout.jpg

Spencer stepped into a small study, the place actually seeming quite cozy and some where he would want to work. His eyes set on the desk and he walked over to it, sitting down and starting to look through the items he could find on the desk. He found some useless papers, random nick knacks, and just other things of no interest. While he was searching through everything on the desk, trying to get an answer of what was going on. The door to the left of the desk locked itself, and the chandelier up top slowly began to move above him.