[PP-F1] Introductions [Jomei]

Having a battle of life and death with the bed sheets that covered her face, she had managed to let a limp arm throw the blanket onto the floor. She opened her eyes, with blurred vision for several seconds until her eyes focused. Swift groaned as she isn't much of a morning person and it was far too early for her to be productive. The light from the sun shone in through the windows, which made it a struggle trying to fall back asleep. Eventually giving up, Swift rolled over and sat up, yawning and stretching as if she were an old woman. Her feet connecting with the cold floor, sent a chill through her body that hindered her process of standing up. Her long blonde hair was a mess and her shirt appeared wrinkly from constant use. Finally bringing herself to rise and stand from the bed, she walked towards the bathroom where she cleaned up and got dressed. Coming out after a shower, she felt rejuvenated and coated with almost a whole new attitude. No longer was she this girl that didn't want to get up, but instead she was a proud warrior that stood straight.

She checked her inventory to make sure she took all of her belongings and then left the tavern. Stepping outside, she felt the rays of the sun shine onto her skin with slight warmth meaning it was going to be an extremely beautiful day. She took deep breaths of air in and bathed in the sunlight as she walked the streets of the Town of Beginnings. It was an amazing town to start in, perfect choice for a game that involves climbing floors through a massive floating castle. Bustling groups of people wandered the street, children laughed and ran about playing tag and hide and seek with one another, bringing a smile to Swift's face. Off in the distance she saw some adventurers setting out of the town for the first time, others coming in. The NPC's looked as happy as ever and the market was always packed with other players looking to score on an item or two from the different shops.

While all of that sounded great, there were days where everything appeared sad. She would see adventurers crying most likely because they lost someone close to them, or some days groups of players entering with red slashes across their body, nearly at the point of death. It was a scary sight, some say it's amazing to travel the floors and sightsee, but it's terrifying too because sometimes you just don't know what's out there. Every day she heard people of farming bosses for loot or hordes of enemies. The Town of Beginnings was an icon in this game, it wasn't just the beginning of SAO, but it was the beginning of everybody's journey. The beginning of everybody's friendships and relationships to form, and for some-- it was the beginning of the end. While everybody wants to leave this game, or at least most people would like to, others won't live to see that day. Some won't even live to see the next few hours, some ended their lives by choice, and some were taken by the player killers or in other words... Murderers.

This brought concern to Swift's face, which would only be masked by a smile when somebody asked her if she was alright. She looked around some more to see if there was anything of interest. She approached a bulletin board that had papers pinned on it on top of other papers. Some of these notes had quests, some were advertisements. Then some were records, such as guilds that helped in different boss fights. This was there to allow players to see the progress of escaping without having to put their lives on the line and can cheer on the front liners. A place she would strive to be at some point in life. Under some of the boss fights you would see repetitive guilds, Guardians of Aincrad, Azure Brigade, Knights of the Blood Oath. All of these guilds, yet many of them no longer are about. She had heard tales and stories about the Azure Brigade, it was an elite guild as some people called it, a guild that doesn't accept applications, but rather invites you to join if you were strong enough. Such a shame a guild like this no longer exists, but who's to say that it couldn't be made again. @Jomei

Starting a new guild was not easy work, especially coming up with ideas to make it different. Jomei had bounced back and forth on the idea of starting a new guild, one different that his old group known to some as The Velvet room. The ideas circled in his head as he stared at the blank sheet on his lap. His teeth gently bit down on the cap of the pen as his gaze went from his knees to the white clouds floating overhead. The man took the pen out of his mouth as if it were a cigarette, and let a sigh escape his lips. The ideas were not coming to him at all, so he hoped whoever would help him with starting it would give him some assistance. 

Taking the paper and pen in his hand, Jomei placed the writing utensil and the paper off to the side of the bench he sat on. Swiping his hand upwards, he opened his display menu in front of his person, the soft chimes of bells sounding out as he did so. With a few swiped of his fingers, a white light appeared in his lap before expanding into a wooden string instrument that looked similar to a guitar. The man's lips curled into a soft smile as he settled the lute in his arms, feeling the strings on tips of his fingers. Gently, he began to pluck various notes, creating a soft melody that could be heard all around the block he had been sitting in. 

The catchy song emanating from the hollow hole in the center of the lute caused passer-bys to slow their step and look in Jomei's direction, pleased looks on their faces. It was a hobby of his to create these generic 'town background songs.' In past games he played, there were times he would take his time in the towns, just to listen to the calming music that played as he would wander. He hoped that it would help the players of Sword Art Online to feel safe while in the borders of the town, a small getaway from the horrors the area around the town would bring them. 

@Swift

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: OH MY GOSH I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THAT YOU REPLIED I'M SO SORRY!) 

The idea of starting a guild grew in her head, but she knew she was in no condition right now to be a leader of one. That would be one of her long term goals to strive for. While looking at the billboard of notes, quests, and guild posters her attention was quickly taken by ear. Turning her head in the direction of the melody that had started about from not to far away, she saw a player dressed in green playing a lute to a level of expertise. Making her way nearby, she stood and listened to player as he played his soul into the instrument. Creating a melody so elegant and graceful that warmed her heart just at the sound of it. Although she hadn't meant for it to happen, she quickly realized a smile came across her face as she simply listened in. Wanting to approach the musician, she didn't want to interrupt the beauty of the music that sounded magnificent.

She began to sway from side to side as she enjoyed it her long, blonde hair now dancing with the wind and clothing moving all about her body. Continuing her dance, it wasn't long before the music had come to an end, and she clapped in awe. "I'd ask for an encore, but then I wouldn't get to know the name of such a talented player!" She said as she approached the player. Reaching her hand out to shake his hand, "The name is Swift! Pleasure to make your acquaintance and might I tell you that was absolutely amazing, do you do this often?"

@Jomei

Edited by Swift

Jomei's eyes shifted upwards once his song had ended, hearing the sound of clapping from a single member of an audience who decided to stop in place for the remainder of his song. The applause had come from a tall, slender woman with platinum-blonde locks, falling far down her back. The smile on her face seemed to show that she was utterly impressed with Jomei's musical talent. 
 "I'd ask for an encore, but then I wouldn't get to know the name of such a talented player!"
Her clapping had stopped as she began to approach the man, wishing to know more about the green clad ginger who held the wooden instrument across his lap. As she came to a stop in front of Jomei, who had placed the lute on the bench next to him, the man rose to his feet, his green cloak falling back into place behind him, and standing much taller than the girl's height.
"The name is Swift! Pleasure to make your acquaintance and might I tell you that was absolutely amazing, do you do this often?"
The woman had extended her hand in greeting, revealing her name to be Swift. Jomei looked at the hand for a moment before smiling and reaching out with his own hand, gently taking the woman's in his own. "Thank you for the kind words, I am Jomei. And the pleasure is all mine." his eyes went back to the instrument he had placed beside him, before looking back to the blonde. "Yeah, its usually something I do in my down time, since I took the performer profession and all." he said, his hand reaching behind his head to rub the nape of his neck, ruffling his already unruly hair. 

@Swift

As the player-- As Jomei introduced himself and talked about his profession being a performer, it did intrigue her. "You shouldn't be so modest about your talent. You have a real gift!" Swift exclaimed as she complimented his works once more. It was obvious based on his appearance that he wasn't some low leveled player like Swift was, in fact he looked much stronger than her and it was admiring to see someone of such a high caliber being down on a floor so low. Moving her hair, so that it was less in her face, she gave him a smile. "So what brings you to the first floor? Aren't you a little too strong to be on this floor?" she said as it followed with a chuckle. People all around had passed by the two as they were talking, yet nobody seemed to have really admired Jomei's music as much as she did herself. Was it the lack of good taste? Perhaps. However, most players are probably busy with their own quests and lives, why would they care about another player simply relaxing, right?

As he ruffled his hair she realized that maybe he wasn't used to being praised so highly for playing an instrument. "I haven't really looked at professions yet, but who knows, maybe you may have just convinced me to strive for something." Admiring his lute that he had been playing, she saw how finely crafted it was and could see ever detail that a player put into making the musical instrument.

Jomei chuckled at Swift's kind words about his talent. Where his musical ear was, in fact, a trait carried over from the real world, the ability to play the wide range of instruments was brought about by the skill he obtained by taking the profession. Despite, he still took the woman's compliment to heart, a wide smile spreading to his cheeks. "Thank you." he simply said again with a nod of his head. After she seemed to quickly observe the man's appearance and gear, she questioned what he was doing on the first floor, due to his obvious higher level than most. The man shrugged his shoulders, "I spent a lot of time in this city before I decided to go out and join the fight, so most of it is nostalgia.. a nice place to relax one could say."  He looked up and down the street that the two were standing on with a soft smile on his face, remembering the times when things were simpler.. when he did not have to worry about the pressure of the front lines and protecting his friends. It had seemed that his talk of professions and skill with the instrument had inspired Swift to look into taking on a profession of her own. Jomei laughed, crossing his arms, "Just don't become a Performer like me if you're looking to make money. There's not many songs that people are willing to pay for nowadays.. Getting all of their buffs from potions and armors."