PP-F10 'I don't know what I'm doing'

A visage of pink smeared across the inky black caverns of the floor. She walked silently, for she had not spoken in a long time, there was little point. There was no one around and monsters barely roamed the floor. All wiped out by people desperate to grow in strength. Mari didn't mind. It was one less thing to bother with. No monsters meant no fighting, and she was oh so tired of that. The skeletal rattling of bones, the never-ending groans of the undead, things that were once common on the tenth floor were now void. Absent. Replaced with the sound of silence.

Her foosteps echoed around her as she made her daily pilgrimage to the bloody river that divided the 10th floor. Normally monsters would spawn from it, but having lived here for so long Mari found that there was a single hour within the day where they stopped. No doubt to entice players to investigate not only the river but the strange black abyss beyond. One that whispers would rise from. She had seen players jump into it before, and return seconds later - with horrified expressions on their faces and hands covering their ears. Screaming.

Madness.

Whatever lay beyond sent people mad.

But then again, wasn''t that exactly what this place did?

Arriving at the edge of the stream Mari sat. The metal of her armour scraped against the hard, rocky surface of the ground as she sweeped her legs underneath her. Her hands folded gently in her lap and her blue eyes stared at the ebb and flow of the crimson river before her.

Her existence was a lonely one but Mari found that she didn't mind. The last time she tried to make an appearance, swaths of players called for her head. She couldn't blame them. She had one of the highest PKer counts in Aincrad, at least, last she heard. That could have changed. A part of her didn't want it to, because that meant that people were still slaughtering each other. But if it had changed, it meant that someone else could hold that notoriety and she would be able to fade further into obscurity. She'd be able to live the last of her days in isolation, and if she were to ever escape this hell - she'd return to an entirely new one in the real world.

Murder was not something easily absolved.

A deep sigh escaped her lips.

But it would be...wouldn't it? Her actions here held no ramifications in the real world.

That was so...

so....

unfair

Crimson waters carved their way through the necro-themed terrain. The darkness of the floor; seemingly a constant veil unwilling to lift. Dust parted with each step; as the reflection of a man mirrored along the racing river. His blonde hair now cut in a less spike fashion, and his appearance changing that to something more suitable for the skills he currently used. Though his skills would play no larger a role than their need for food and water. 

"Tch"

What am I doing?

He wondered as he continued to roam. Though her death is un-confirmed, Oikawa's heart beat painfully as he wondered where his two-toned friend had ran off to. Everything he had come to know and love crumbled around him. His guild, a mere fraction of what it once was. Both of them for that matter. His name once feared and echoed alongside the moniker of "The Faint" now held water as well as a strainer; as players continued to surpass him. What once remained of friendships now lay about as scattered puzzle pieces waiting to be put back together; only to find out he's still missing key pieces.

His life resembled that puzzle. Incomplete and a complete mess all the same. His hand swiftly ran through the short of his bangs as another sigh escaped him. His feet dragging along with no real direction, other than a quiet space to mull over his existence here.

"What am I doing?" He echoed again. This time audibly. No response came. As expected when walking through the shroud of Floor 10 alone. As if by pure muscle memory, the blonde selected water from his inventory and downed the liquid quickly. Wiping his mouth, his eyes widened as formations of obsidian began to form around him. However, that's not what caught his attention. It was the cotton candy swirl of hair placed perfectly at the edge of the stream that caught his eye.

Mari?

Able heard the tapping of his feet with every step, leaving nothing but a tiny dust trail to follow and nothing else. Often in times of boredom, he had a tendency to roam floors with no regards to the dangers that lie within each one, but rather just to get out of the place and take a look at the landscape and how every floor is designed. The tenth floor appeared to be a wasteland, what once was most likely filled with monsters and active players is now empty. He would look around to see nothing but a stream by his left and open land on the right. He had thought about just going to the front lines one time and simply telling them they need to train him and he'll do whatever they want, but that would just seem childish and immature. Instead, he'd rather grow in strength on his own.

Once in a blue moon, a player crossed his path and took a look at his attire which consisted of a dress shirt that was half buttoned, dress pants, some nice shoes, and some wraps around his hands to resemble that he's hand to hand fighter. His red hair went over his eyes at times, making it tough to see every so often.

"Interesting. This floor is so empty, it's almost.... sad." He spoke to himself often, mostly for entertainment purposes as he was a solo player and people haven't exactly grown too fond of him quite yet. Mainly because of the way he carries himself, but that was besides the point.

Trailing further along the stream, two very unique colors struck his eyes. Gold and pink. While some would think that's the colors of some items, this was different, these were hair colors of two players he had never seen before. He couldn't see much, all he could see was the orange cursor above their heads, meaning they have had a history of killing another player. To many that might be enough information to leave them alone and not get involved with anything, but instead, he wanted to go talk to them. If he were to die, then so be it, but he wasn't ultimately concerned for his safety much. One of the players was male and heavily geared out, but was still shorter than him. The other was a feminine player with armor that wasn't as heavy, but still enough to show. Appearing small from the distance, he couldn't distinguish much more about her until he got closer.

The silence was broken by footsteps to her right.

More hunters?

It was common at first, people came for her head. The glory of killing the renowned pink pker, but she evaded them. Avoiding the fights. They all left disappointed, one by one. And slowly but surely they tapered off. Becoming bored with the chase, becoming aware that the legend wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Soon, it was as though the world forgot she existed, and that is what she preferred.

Mari didn't bother to raise her eyes from the lake. She lifted her hand and dipped three fingers into the whirling blood before her. Raising her hand she stared at the liquid as it trailed slowly down her hand. There were little words to be said. Mari was not one for conversation even at the best of times.

"If you're here for a bounty you're wasting your time, I'd disappear before you manage to take my life. Feel free to try though."

"Well greetings to you too love."

The words were spoken with familiarity, although Mari didn't immediately recognize the voice. The words finally drew her attention. Mari shifted her gaze to see Oika-Oikan? Oikawada? She couldn't remember his name. Her eyes narrowed as he shuffled forward. His eyes as red as the river beside them seemed to glance over her form. Was he sizing her up?

"I don't doubt your claim, however... if I wanted you dead surely you know better than to think I wouldn't paralyze you first before striking you down? I mean, I am the Para-God for a reason."

Her eyes narrowed. Such arrogance. Was he here to do away with her? She didn't recall their last encounter being hostile... but he had threatened her on multiple occasions in regards to Esther. Mari never got around to saving the little waif. Instead she dealt with a bunch of bickering idiots and instead of saving a girl who was no doubt dead - she kicked them out of her shop and locked up. Shutting herself away from the world. Did that finally catch up to her?

In a fluid motion Mari pushed herself off the ground and rose her hand; quickly changing her attire. In a flash of blue hexagons that hid any semblance of nudity she switched from her telltale pink armor to a black latex suit that ended at her wrists and neckline. It hugged her small frame tightly, it wasn't much better than nothing at all. A white cloak with gold trim appeared over her suit. It's arms hanging loosely at her sides, a golden clasp held it fast around her form. A gift from Daeron, someone who Mari knew was long dead. The thing was a unique but virtually useless. It kept her warm from the cold and protected her against flame, but what use was that these days?

Mari shoved her hands through its sleeves, they hung beyond her hands, making her seem smaller than she actually was.  "Is that a threat?" Mari scoffed as she crossed her arms over her chest. "A god...really, I'm not in the mood for such-"

Mari's words stopped short as her eyes drifted to the man behind him. Red hair, red shirt...unbuttoned like some frivolous playboy, dress pants. Who the hell did he think he was? Zelrius 2.0?

Mari shook her her head. "Do what you want. I'm done caring." Her voice didn't hold any bite, it held the tone of defeated apathy as she started toward the two men. "You and your little friend. I'd advise not to dawdle. In 20 minutes the monsters will start crawling their way out of the river again."

She passed Oikawa, then the red headed stranger. Reaching out to the stranger she wiped her hand on his shirt. Red on red, it wouldn't matter.

Nothing did.

Upon nearing the two players, he noticed the flash of blue as she changed outfits to a black latex suit that showed her curves rather... nicely. To go along with it she put on some sort of robe or cloak that seemed it wasn't her size, in fact it looked far too big for a girl her size but then again who was he to judge another person? He didn't hear much of what the two were talking about, all he managed to catch was that she called him a friend of the stranger before him. As she made her way past the other player, she neared Able and wiped her hand on his clothing, leaving hints of red glimmer from the river of blood. Turning towards the pink haired player, he knew it was best not to piss either of them off, they were clearly more equipped for a situation like this than he was.

"Sorry, but I don't even know this man. Nor do I care to either. I was just here for a casual stroll until you caught my eye to be fair." What was the point of saying anything other than what the truth was. "That is until you decided to get all touchy with my clothes. If you want them off just say so." Leaving a chuckle behind his last statement he turned his attention to the other player, the one with golden hair. "And you are?"

Able wasn't known to be brave all the time, some might even call him stupid for how arrogant he was. It was probably his most disliked feature about him. The only other people that didn't mind it were others that carried themselves about so much higher than he did. He checked her out from behind as she passed, raising an eye brow peaking his interest. For being the only player among the three that didn't have an orange icon, he didn't feel left out the slightest. He always told himself that he would kill a person if it came down to it for his own survival.

(OOC: Still feeling super rusty, didn't wanna post too much since @Oikawa hasn't posted yet)

Hexagonal azure crystals collected and parted in a burst of light as the pinkette switched from armor to something more... sleek; comfortable. Her cerulean eyes narrowed as she dismissed his notion of being a God in any form. Knowing it was a phrasing and nothing more, the blonde only shuffled to let the woman pass as she pushed past him and focused on the lad behind him.

"Threats in this day and age mean nothing love. Actions speak louder than words and I wouldn't dare waste such time against an elusive player such as yourself," mentioned the crimson-eyed figure as he turned to see her smear a wet palm print into the shirt of the unknown player.

"That is until you decided to get all touchy with my clothes. If you want them off just say so."

Oikawa chuckled at the player's notion. Judging from the crystal and look from the player, he couldn't be more than a few levels past 10 or so. Poised to follow the pinkette, the blonde made his way past the red-headed stranger, turning his head to offer one word.

"Oikawa."

Quickening his step, he matched the step of Mari and offered a small inclement of conversation. "What managed to drag you from your self-induced exile?"

Mari was sceptical to say the least. "A casual stroll?" Her azure eyes slowly rose up his form. From his immaculate boots to his unbuttoned (and now stained) shirt to his cocky grin and dishevelled hair. "On a floor that requires the Night vision skill..." Mari tilted her head to the side. "Which you don't look like you have... and I, of all people just so happen to catch your eye? Sounds a little convenient don't you think?" She paused as he made a quip about her taking off his clothes.

He's one of 'those' types.... 

Mari shifted, placing her weight to one side as she jutted out a hip and crossed her arms over her chest. "Straight to the point, aren't ya? Aren't you a little young to be chasing murderers?"

Instead of waiting for a reply she gave a 'tch' and turned to continue her trek back to her tent. She wasn't about to get caught up in the fray when the monsters started crawling out from whatever data-depths they come from. Fetid and rotten, they probably weren't much of a match for all three of the players but it was the sheer number of them that bothered Mari.

Despite her clear distaste for company, the two followed. Mari glanced over her shoulder at Oikawa. "What makes you think I've left? I do this every other day. I haven't changed my schedule, you're the one that simply bumped into me." Her eyes fell to the playboy. "You both did, as ridiculous as that may be."

Mari sighed as she turned her head forward again, she had a feeling she'd regret her next words. 

Still...

Perhaps company wasn't such a bad thing.

"You'll both be walking blind. Come to my tent."