PP/F3) Meeting new friends (Pin, Fae)

Sky was standing in the middle of an opening in the forest on floor three. It was relatively peaceful, not much was going on, but as always, he had a plan. He had gotten his guild started up, and had gatherered a fair amount of members! He knew most of them, well, a few of them, but therew as afair few he didn't know that well. Today, he planned to get too know the youngest member, who he was planning on taking some interest in.... A little girl like that, he was going to make sure she would live. And Pin, the guy he had helped break a boulder... He shrugged, standing there, wondering what he could plan.

Hey, Fae, its nice to have you in the guild! Could you meet me on the third floor in the clearing just south of the town?

Pinball, its good to have you in the guild. Im gonna try and give you a bit of training, if you could meet me in the clearing just south of town on the third floor would be good

After sending the two messages, he looked around, smiling. He hoped these two would be good people... 

"Jesus Christ," he muttered, recieving Stryder's message. "Already?" He was just about to grab something to eat, and here comes his Guild Leader out of the blue. "Ah, well," the boy muttered, closing the message. He was in charge, and he had told Stryder he was going to help out. Pinball, after all, was the one who followed Stryder out of the Emerald Harbingers. Grunting, Pinball headed towards the telepad, going to where Stryder told him to meet...

"Hey, man," Pinball said with a small wave. "What's up? Training day?" He tried not to show it, but behind his initial exhasperation, Pinball was actually excited to meet up with Stryder. It presented an oppurtunity to get more powerful, as well as strengthen his bond with his Guild Leader. Which is never a bad thing, if the real world ever taught me anything. He had actually never visited this floor, and he couldn't help but look around as he talked. Either way, Pinball did his best to keep eye contact with his leader, hoping to make a good first impression. 

Fae had just gotten back to the Town of Beginnings after getting her new cloak from Hei's shop when she had received a message from Stryder to meet him in the clearing south of town on Floor 3. Fae forgot what she was doing and made a beeline for the teleporter.

Fae stepped out of the teleporter onto Floor 3 and immediately made her way to the clearing where Stryder had told her to go. A little bit surprising to Fae, there was another person with him. Fae had remembered seeing him at the guild recruitment meeting, but never quite got his name. "Hi mister Stryder! Fae is here reporting for duty!" Fae called out, running up the two and saluting and looking up at Stryder. Fae was hoping to make a good first impression, and maybe she would welcomed more if she had a good first impression. Fae turned to the other player and looked up at him. "Who are you mister?" Fae asked.

Edited by Fae

Pinball looked down at the new voice, to be greeted by a small, pink haired girl. "Oh," he said aloud, a bit startled by her age. To be so young, and trapped in this hell of a game. He shook his head, and smiled. "Hey," he said, sticking his hand out to her. "You can call me Pinball." Pinball took a second to think, at the moment, still unsure on why this girl was greeting him. She must have joined the guild, if she came here to meet Stryder as well. But who took her to meet him? "Um, is there anyone with you? Anyone that makes sure you stay safe?" Oh lord, please don't tell me she wanders around by herself. That'd be terrible! It reminded him of the true horror of this game once again, and, quite frankly, it didn't help that Pinball had a small spot for the young and elderly. "If there's someone with you, shouldn't you wait for them? It's awful dangerous out here, especially the higher up the floor you go."

Fae shook the hand of the player who had now adressed himself as Pinball. He was friendly it seemed, so Fae let her guard down and put on her smile. "Nice to meet you mister Pinball! You can call me Fae! Fae is a mighty dragon, rawr!" Fae introduced herself, trying to sound tough. She always liked to pretend that she was as strong as a dragon and had practiced her roar before, although it never really sounded too tough.

Pinball had asked Fae if she was with anyone or if there was anyone to protect her, and Fae shook her head. "Nope! Fae don't need a bodyguard! Fae is strong, and doesn't need someone always watching her!" Fae answered putting her hands on her hips proudly. Fae turned back to Stryder and looked back up at him. "So why exactly did you call us out here for mister Stryder?" Fae asked.

Sky watched as they both arrived, quite quickly too. They both seemed to be nervous, well, at least Pinball did. He was keeping hard eye contact, seeming like he was trying to pay attention. While he did like that he was trying to be respectful, he wasn't an army drill Sargent... Yet. Fae on the otherhand, running up and giving a salute, and seeming really happy. He didn't know why, but he did like her, something about how young and innocent she was just made him even more determined to get himself, and others strong enough to survive this game. When she did her little roar, he did give a little laugh, trying to keep it hidden as in doing his best to stay as professional as possible. 

"Nice to see you both. I called you both out here because i wanted to see you two in action, and because i wanted to get to know you both better" He said to them, smiling. Before he could say much else, a massive wolf came up behind him, and bit him. Sky didn't react as he felt the fangs in his side, he simply looked over his shoulder, the wolf letting go and backing off

"Umm Give me a second, this day starts after i take out this little s***" He said, before spinning around, his right arm glowing blue as he punched the wolf as it leapt back at him. It pounded into the ground, its health already in the yellow after the single hit.

ID# 89353 results:

Battle: 2+3+1(Concentration) - All Might 11*15- 165 - Dire Wolf

Stryder - 448/500HP | 33/50 EN | 1 EVA | 23MIT | 3 ACC H1

Concentration - 0/5 (Used) - Survival Active

Dire Wolf  95/250HP - 75 DMG

ID# 89354 results:

MOB: 7-1 - Hit - 75-23 - 52 DMG

Pinball stumbled backwards, caught off guard by the Dire Wolf's sudden appearence. It was a hulking beast, much bigger and much scarier than an average wolf found on the first floor. Stryder seemed super calm about it, and engaged it without hesitation. It shouldn't be that much of a problem, Pinball thought, if Stryder took it in such... well, stride. He seemed to deal considerable damage, as the Dire Wolf appeared to be in quite the bit of pain after his attack. Not wanting to seem cowardly, and also wanting to help out, Pinball made the rash decision to attack the wolf as well. He was well aware he wouldn't deal nearly enough damage to make much of a difference, but he didn't let that stop him. Pinball swallowed his fear, and took a step forward. He activated <Round Accel>, leaving two thin gashes on the wolf's side, before leaping behind Stryder once more. "Hope you can take it from here, man, that's the best I can do." He let out a breath, gripped his dagger tightly, and warily eyed the Dire Wolf. 

ID# 89355

COMBAT

BD: 8 (Hit!) 

DMG= 1r+1b+1e= 3 * 2 = 6 DMG

Pinball deals 6 DMG! 

<Pinball> Health- 120/120 Energy- 10/12

<Dire Wolf> Health- 89/250

Edited by Pinball

Fae was as surprised by the wolf's sudden appearance as Pinball was. After watching Stryder deal a great amount of damage to the wolf, Fae was in awe by Stryder's power. Then after seeing Pinball hit, she knew that both herself and Pinball had a lot of training to go if they wanted to be equal to Stryder.

Not wanting to miss out on the fun, Fae took out her dagger and got a good grip on it. She lunged forward at the wolf and stabbed it on the side quickly, but then tripped and rolled a few feet ahead of the wolf. Fae stood back up and ran over to where Stryder was. "Did Fae do good mister Stryder? You hit it way better than Fae did." Fae asked looking back at the wolf as it shook off the pain from the attack. She had dealt less damage than Pinball, but that was because he used a sword art.

ID: 89381

BD: 7, Hit!

DMG: Fae deals 3 damage

<Fae> Health: 80/80 Energy 7/8

<Dire Wolf> Health: 86/250

Edited by Fae
Spoiler

ID# 89386 results:

Battle: 8+3- hit -  All Might 11*15- 165 - Dire Wolf

Stryder - 448/500HP | 33/50 EN | 1 EVA | 23MIT | 3 ACC H1

Concentration - 0/5 (Used) - Survival Active

Dire Wolf  0/250HP - 75 DMG

ID# 89387 results:

MOB: 3-1 - Miss

Loot roll

ID# 89388 results:

Craft: 1 - 1 T1 Mat

Loot: 7 - Loot

- Loot - 250*3-750 Col

Sky watched as the two attacked the wolf. Pin dashed in, using a dagger, specifically the sword art 'Round Accel', a low level Dagger art. Then Fae, the small girl dashed in, stabbing the wolf in the side. He was glad with both of there courage, considering this thing, if it hit them, would probably send them flying a mile. He looked at both, a small glare in his eye that they might interpret as him either enjoying this way to much, or having a brutal killing intent. 

"Heh, don't worry, i got this Pin. You both did good, proud of ya. Now let me take this little doggy out" He says, grinning. He dashes in, the wolf trying to bite him. The Dire wolf was about his size, so the bite was going towards his head, but with lighting speed he quickly grabbed the head, and slammed it down into his knee, and when it tried to claw him he quickly leapt up, spinning mid air like a sidewards corkscrew before his arm glowed blue once again, and his fist flung towards the wolf, smashing it, and making it explode on impact. He landed clean on his feet, standing up and dusting himself off. He got a bit of loot for it.

"Well, that was fun. Here, take part of the loot" He said to the two, before sending them both 250 Col.

- 250 Col to both Fae and Pinball

@Pinball@Fae

Stryder seemed grimly happy with his kill, as shown by the large smile he gave the two of them. Pinball recieved the col, a little bit surprised. "I really don't think I need this, you did all the work." He took a step back, examining the spot where the Dire Wolf hadjust been standing, snarling at them. If Stryder could kill the thing in two hits, Pinball could only imagine what would happen if Stryder was intent on killing him. "Wow, you really do a number on these mobs," he said, looking at Stryder's fists. He almost expected them to be smoking, the way he hit the thing. "And just with your fists. Very impressive," he added, sheathing his dagger. He was visibly uncomfortable with holding the dagger, and stared at the ground for a bit. I really need to pick up a new weapon. This just isn't cutting it. "So, is there any particular reason you called us here?" Pinball asked, suddenly curious. "Or are we only here to fight mobs? If that's the case, I don't think I'd be able to keep up with you."

-Recieved 250 COL from <Stryder> 

Fae clapped upon watching Stryder deal the final blow to the wolf and getting her col. She pressed the accept button immediately and then saluted Stryder again. "Wow! You're really strong mister Stryder!" Fae complimented as she continued to clap. Stryder didn't seem too excited over killing, so she knew that he wasn't crazy or anything like that.

Fae had gotten 250 col apparently, which she was fine with. She was planning on helping the guild by a guild hall, so she was happy to have any money possible. After Pinball asked why else they were here and if they were just fighting mobs, Fae also raised her hand. "Yeah, Fae won't be strong enough to fight too many of these monsters mister Stryder. You are way out of our league. Is there anything you callled us here for?" Fae asked, hoping there was something else, or something at least less dangerous.

They both seemed impressed with his kill, something he thought was a little amusing. He hadn't seen anyone stronger then him fight, he hadn't gotten that luxury yet. He wanted to actually meet and fight with some people stronger then him... The strongest person he had met was that Hikoru, the dagger wielder. He had been strange... And Sky knew he had almost died in that moment. It had been scary, but he made it through and was fine now. They both seemed to think he was way to strong, which wasn't true.... Compared to the frontliners. But, he was the strongest fighter in the guild, and he wanted to keep it that way. Not for himself, but for everyone he was now in charge of, if he kept himself strong and growing, he could protect them, and help give them reasons to grow and strive to do there best!

"Na, i called you both here to get to know you better, and to see if you wanted me to help you both with anything" He said, smiling towards them both. He wasn't worried about anything, they were on Floor three, he could handle it down here EASILY.

"To get to know us better, huh?" Pinball tapped his chin with his fingers, making a strange face. "Oh, I have something I need help with," Pinball exclaimed, suddenly stopping the weird gesture. "Tell me, Stryder, what is a seven letter word, that holds hundreds of letters?" Pinball sheathed his dagger, putting away the wimpy weapon he had been holding. He looked at the sky, his hands on his hips, thinking. "Oh, here's another one! What's as big as an elephant, but light as a feather?" Apparently finished, Pinball took a small step back. He took a worried look at Fae. It was strange, to see one so young playing with a game. Even worse was that it was this particular game, and Pinball couldn't help but worry about the girl. From what she said earlier, she didn't have anyone accompanying her. Even though she seemed to be weirdly mature for a child, he couldn't help but think she would get taken advantage of, in one way or another. Now that he had met her, If she died, Pinball knew that if she died, he would somehow connect the death to his own lack of care. I really don't need this on my conscious, he thought, concern written all over his face. 

When Stryder said that he just wanted to get to know the two of them better, Fae got a bit excited. She loved talking to people, and now there were two people she could talk to. "Okay, Fae likes talking to people, Fae can't wait to get to know each other better!" Fae said excitedly as she started to almost hop up and down in place.

Pinball started to give riddles, and Fae immediately tried to think of answers for them. She figured out what the first answer was, but was having trouble with the second one. She didn't want to say what the answer was on the first one so that way Stryder would get a chance to try. "Umm... is the second one a cloud? It's bigger than an elephant, and lighter than a feather." Fae guessed, trying to think of what it could possibly be. Pinball was kinda good with these riddles.

@Stryder

• 4 weeks later...

Sky essentially facepalmed himself as Pinball tried to say some jokes. It was kind of sad, though it did make hi think. A seven letter word, that holds hundreds of letters? A dictionary holds hundreds of letters, but it wasn't a seven letter word... Neither was Alphabet, though it was seven letters, it did not hold hundreds. Whats soemthing else.... He then thought of it, Mailbox! That had to be the answer to it. He listened as Fae answered the second one, trying to find the answer to it. He wondered what could be as big as an elephant... He had zero idea on that one.

"Hmm... for your first riddle, i guess Mailbox? As for the second.... Is it the moon?" He asks, rubbing the back of his head, knowing he was kind of stupid right now. He was glad that Pinball was making some effort to try and make this work. he had no idea if these two had any real.... Feeling for him or not. He may be there leader, but he hadn't gotten to know them yet, and he had promised to do that, promised to get to know everyone on a personal level, which wasn't that hard.

Pinball snapped in a finger gun gesture. "Bingo," he said to Stryder with a wink. "The answer to the first riddle is a mailbox!" He then listened on as Stryder tried again, this time saying "the moon". Pinball gave him a blank stare, and, speaking in a deadpan voice, said, "You realize how heavy the moon is, right? Just because it floats, doesn't mean it's not heavy." Pinball turned to Fae as she tried. Pinball crouched to her level, so that he didn't tower over the child. Offering his hand for a high five, he said in a much nicer voice, "Nice try, but clouds are like, really heavy. The average weight for a..." he paused, trying to remember the names of the types of clouds, then continued, "ok, those fluffy clouds you see?" He pointed into the sky at the cumulus clouds, floating lazily along the generated sky. "Those, well, in the real world at least, have so much water in them, that they weigh millions of pounds. Good guess, but the answer I was looking for for that one was actually 'The Elephant's Shadow'." He stood again, resting his hands on his hips. 

Pinball appeared to be deep in thought for a while, then suddenly seemed to make up his mind. "Alright!" he exclaimed, clapping his hands together, "one more riddle!" He jumped backwords, so that he had a good view of both Stryder and Fae. "Feed me and I live, yet give me a drink and I die. What am I? This is an easy one, I think both of you are smart enough to get it." He waited now, with a smile on his face, eager to hear their answers. 

• 2 weeks later...

An elephant's shadow being the answer to the second one, that was a little but of a cheap shot. It surprised Fae a bit that clouds were actually very heavy. "Fae had no idea clouds were that heavy! They look so fluffy and light, but Fae guesses not anymore." Fae said as she crossed her arms and looked up at the sky. The clouds above looked like pillows, and they seemed so lightweight, looks can be deceiving like that.

Fae got excited again at the thought of another riddle. This one seemed a lot more simpler, and it only took Fae a half of a minute to figure out the answer. "It's a fire! If you give fire food, it grows. But if you give it water it gets put out. Was that right mister Pinball?" Fae answered, rather confident in her answer. She looked up at Pinball and tilted her head, waiting to see if she was right.

Equipped Summer Stars - +2 LD

Unequipped Aura of the Guardian - -54MIT

Sky opened his inventory, deciding to equip his searching gear for a moment. He had a feeling that there was something in the pond, which was about five feet away. He would search in a moment, but decided to think about the riddle first. Before he could anser it, Fae went ahead and answered it. He had a feeling she was right.... So he thought of another word he could use to actually, thinking hard before giving an answer.

"A cyborg dog?" He suggested. If you fed it, it would live and grow... But water kills electronics, so technically he was right... At least, he hoped he was right. He was right... wasn't he? Was he about to be beaten by Pinballs riddle?? He couldn't believe it... But then again, he might be right. He looked around, seeing a shimmer in the water. He was gunna dive... Just gotta wait a minute to hear the answer.

"A cyborg dog?" Pinball burst out laughing, doubling over. "A cyborg dog!" Meanwhile, Fae got the correct answer. Pinball pointed her out, looking at Stryder. "You see that? That... that was the answer. It's a fire. But... I wish I could change it to Cyborg Dog." After a while, Pinball collected himself, and stood straight up once more. Wiping a tear from his eye, he asked the both of them, "Ah, this is good fun, isn't it? I'll try to think of more riddles while you do... whatever it is you're doing." Pinball watched as Stryder unequipped his gear, replacing it for something else. Was he trying to search for materials? Pinball didn't quite know, but time would soon tell. He looked at Fae in the mean time. "So, what have you been up to lately?" Pinball took a seat beside her, where he could watch what Stryder was doing. He was having a good time, but he hoped he didn't really have to come up with anything else from keeping the conversation from stalling out. He didn't like being the center of attention. 

• 2 months later...

Fae laughed a little bit when Stryder suggested the answer of a cyber dog. It was silly, but it made a bit of sense. Pin had said it was wrong, so Fae patted Stryder's arm, not even being close enough to reach his shoulder. "Cyborg dog was a good answer, more creative than Fae's. Both of them are right. Good job mister Stryder!" Fae said, walking back over to where she was standing and sat down beside Pin. Sitting like this, Fae and Pin were closer on the level of height, with Fae not having to look up to see his face.

Pin asked what Fae had been up to lately, and Fae thought about it for a little bit. "Umm, Fae hasn't really done anything cool lately. Fae went out on a quest with miss Embers, and that was about it." Fae said, looking up at the sky. Fae looked over at Stryder and patted the ground beside her. "How have you been lately mister Stryder? Sit down with us!" Fae asked eagerly, slowly rocking back and forth in place.