{F8-PP} Gone Fishing (Ruby)

Ruby started to apologize for the  fishing up a monster, rather than a fish as usual. ~”I know its not your fault! Lets just kill it.” The brunette shouted back. Jevi believed that she could hold off the Shark while Ruby got her equipment on. She knew she was getting stronger.. but was it strong enough? That was when Ruby dismissed Jevi’s demand to get equipped and went in for a powerul punch. Jevi was immedialtely able to recognize her as a Martial Arts user, rather than someone trying to throw an unarmed attack without the skill.  Though there was power behind her punch, the attack just missed, leaving her open to a counter from the walking fish. With quick thinking, or slow reaction time of the Shark, Ruby dodged the attack.

~”You dont have to impress me, put some armor on!” Jevi called over to the girl again before rushing forward, bringing her curved blade up over her head. Once she was in range, she brought the sword down with all of her force, just missing the Shark. Following the flow of her first attempt, she swung around and went for a horizontal strike at its head, another miss. ~”Tsk, dammit!”

ID: 89510

BD: 2(‘miss)

Ruby - HP: 900/900 - EN: 88/90
Jevi - HP: 380/380 - EN: 36/38
Shark Soldier - HP: 450/450 - DMG: 135

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby had looked at Jevi as she had exclaimed out that she doesn't need to impress her, she had chuckled as she had tried to attack the Shark Monster and she had said "I don't own Armor. I am fine." she had smiled and took a leap back from the monster charging her fists with a red aura as she entwined it with Charge moving forward with a great speed adding additional damage and hit it with great power removing more than half of its total HP. The shark solider had growled out and swung at Ruby with its sword however Ruby had jumped back and landed besides Jevi looking up to her with a smile "Don't have the SP to spend in Armor skills. I focus on my damage and First Aid." she had chuckled. She had looked forward to the shark solider and looked at its HP and she had nodded, she knew she could kill it next turn.

@Jevi

-----

ID: 89511 - BD: 3+3=6 - MD: 5
Sword Art Used: All Might [Damage: 15+2[Charge]=17*15=255]

Ruby [H:1] - HP: 900/900 - EN: 72/90
Jevi [H:0] - HP: 380/380 - EN: 38/38
Shark Soldier - HP: 195/450 - DMG: 135

Jevi's eyes shot to Ruby when she said that she did not own armor. In fact, she had not even put any of her earned skill points into any of her armor skills. At the moment, she seemed to be a literal definition of a glass cannon. However, despite the woman's dangerous way of living life in Aincrad, Jevi smirked, ~"Huh.. So you're crazy." After Ruby's punch had landed, Jevi switched off with her, running forward, holding the hilt of Izunami in two hands, the blade pointing behind her. As she stepped into the wounded Shark Soldier, she cut diagonally upward, delivering another six cuts from various angles. The damage dealt was no where near what Ruby did with one punch, however she was just happy to have participated somewhat in this fight. Crazy, strong, and cute. Jevi thought to herself as she created distance between the enemy and herself, shooting a side glance at Ruby. Her eyes widened for a moment and she shook her head, No..no what're you thinking.

@Ruby

ID: 89525  BD: 5(+2) = 7 Hit
Sword Art Used: Lasing Chopper: 7 x 6 = 42 dmg

Ruby [H:1] - HP: 900/900 - EN: 72/90
Jevi [H:1] - HP: 380/380 - EN: 30/38
Shark Soldier - HP: 153/450 - DMG: 135

Ruby had looked over to Jevi as she had said out to her that she was crazy, Ruby had smirked towards Jevi and said "Crazy? Maybe... but despite me being depressed and worried of the future, this makes me feel alive." After Jevi's attack Ruby had moved forward towards the shark solider and prepared to unleash a sword upon it however the Shark Solider had tried to swing towards the blonde haired player, Ruby had managed to maneuver out of the way, however she had tried to retaliated and the Shark had moved out of the way. Ruby had smiled towards the Shark Solider, she may worry about dying a lot and she may be depressed but this world has never made her felt more alive before in her life. Even after missing the Solider she learns something more and she learns more combat strategies everyday.

@Jevi

-----

ID: 89526 - BD: 2+3=5 - MD: 3
Sword Art Used: Failed.

Ruby [H:1] - HP: 900/900 - EN: 71/90
Jevi [H:1] - HP: 380/380 - EN: 38/38

Ruby replied to Jevi by that Sword Art Online has never made her feel more alive. Jevi chuckled and spoke quietly to herself, ~"You won't be feeling so alive if a boss gets a direct hit on you though." She did worry about that while fighting with this girl, that just one wrong more and it would be the end for her. With a shrug of her shoulders, Jevi took up a fighting stance again before charging the shark. With a one handed attack, Jevi swung her blade at the Shark's head. In the same moment, the warrior managed to throw up its own blade, catching Jevi's before it collided with his flesh. It then pushed her blade off to the side, knocking it from her arms, as well as knocking her to the ground at its feet. Her body hit the grass with a thud, her armor banging together as she fell. ~"Oof!" she grunted, looking forward to quickly crawl out of the way and retrieve her blade.

@Ruby

ID: 89527 BD: 1
Sword Art Used: Miss

Ruby [H:1] - HP: 900/900 - EN: 71/90
Jevi [H:1] - HP: 380/380 - EN: 29/38

Ruby had looked over with a smile "Personally it gives me a reason to fight back harder." she had then looked back to the fight where Jevi had tried to strike against the monster however she had failed and hit the ground, which she had hit the ground pretty hard. Ruby had gone up to the woman and looked down "Are you alright Jevi?" she had expressed some concern making sure the monster didn't get her and it was just the fall that got her, however looking up she was struck with an upward strike from the beast as it made her knock back away from Jevi a couple feet. Ruby had looked at her HP bar and looked back at the monster "Barely left a scratch.." and she had moved forward towards the beast hitting it with a critical hit of her own ending its life. Ruby had smiled after its defeat and looked down to the loot that was gained. She had looked back to Jevi and gave her the loot from the battle "Here Jevi. Take the rewards."

@Jevi

-----

ID: 89528 - BD: 10 - MD: 10
ID: 89529 - LD: 19+3=22 - CD: 4
Sword Art Used: All Might [Damage: 15+2=17*15=255]

Ruby [H:1] - HP: 765/900 - EN: 57/90
Jevi [H:1] - HP: 380/380 - EN: 29/38
Shark Soldier - HP: 0/450 - DMG: 135

Loot: 2700 Col - 4 T1 Materials

Right over Jevi's head, a short battle ensued between Ruby and the Shark Warrior. The woman ran up to check on Jevi's status as she hit the ground ~"I'm good, watch out!" she called up, just as the Shark Warrior's sword crashed into Ruby's body, knocking her back and leaving a red gash on her chest. Jevi quickly pushed herself up to her feet and ran forward, making sure to pick up her blade along the way. Just as she ran from where the Shark Soldier had knocked her to the ground, Ruby came charging in yet again with her awesome might. With a single right hook the the Shark's jaw, which seemed to dislocate, the beast shattered like glass, the pixels crashing to the ground around Jevi's body. 

Now that the battle was over, the brunette returned her sword into its holster behind her back and began to walk over to Ruby, who was reviewing the spoils of her win. She opened up another trade window, willing to give Jevi the loot she had recovered. However, before she could send the winnings over to her, Jevi put her hand through the holographic menu box, placing it on top of Ruby's to stop her ~"No. Please. You deserve it more than I do. Heh, you've already spoiled this girl enough." she added a chuckle and a smirk, looking over at Ruby. ~"So you don't wear armor.. and you pack a hell of a punch. You definitely are an interesting one Ruby." 

Ruby had looked over to Jevi which had stopped her from sending her the loot from this battle, she had said "I insist Jevi, with how my life is at the moment I doubt I'll need this col or materials really. I'm just living and fishing." she had moved her hand to send the menu in front of Jevi. She had looked over and and said after her statement "To me I don't know why you are complaining. I'm pretty sure you'd prefer eye candy over bulky armor any day." she had chuckled and sat back down in front of the lake "But for the past few days this has been my life. After something that had happened I have just been away from my guild..." she had said with a little bit of a depressed tone as she had sent out the bobber in the middle of the lake again. She had shook her head and said "Its alright though, its only a matter of time before someone tries to find me. You can still sit here with me if you wish to talk more Jevi. I'll try not to catch another monster." she had let out a small chuckle as she continued to look out in the lake.

@Jevi

Jevi scoffed when Ruby refused once again to claim her own spoils. ~”You’re pretty stubborn, you know that?” She gabe Ruby a smirk, so she knew there was no malice behind her statement. Once the menu was in front of Jevi, she looked at what she would be claiming, a hefty amount of col and a few materials. Her golden gaze shifted back up to Ruby, shaking her head and rolling her eyes before accepting items once again. 

After commenting on her lack of protective wear, Ruby teased her back, calling herself eye candy for Jevi to look at, ~”I..” she did not have any sort of response for the woman, for Jevi could not deny that Ruby was fairly attractive. For a moment, the woman clamped her eyes shut when she caught herself looking again ..Remember Jose..She thought to herself before opening her eyes once again.

Jevi joined Ruby after she sat back down at the lake. The woman told her something had happened a few days ago that really shook her core, and split their guild. Jevi looked upon Ruby’s face with concern, ~”The only thing I had planned for the day was looking for crafting supplies... but since you took care of that for me, I have nothing else.... if.. you dont mind me asking.. what happened?”

Ruby had looked over to Jevi which had showed some concern and even wanting to know what had happened. Ruby had patted the ground next to her and said "Well, its gonna be a long story so I would take a seat" she had chuckled, then she had waited for her to sit and she had let out a small sigh "Well. It all started with an encounter we had with a mansion, our "Leader" had won a mansion and he wanted to explore it with us. Of course I felt like it was going to be some sort of trap. And of course it was after exploring it a bit, there was just too many death traps and we even had someone almost lose their life. If wasn't for someone that was there we would have lost her. After that I just felt like we we're just too many risks off of things." she had looked out to the lake where she had seen that she had caught onto something, she had reeled it in and saw that she had caught two fish. Placing it into her inventory she had sent the bobber back out and said to her "Then, after that... I had gotten kidnapped. I was alone so their wasn't much I can do. I was kidnapped by a Cult after a skill known as Darkness Blade. A Unique Skill." she looked down "After that, I began my life of solitude for a bit and a man had put my life on the line and it was either I die or I had brought our leader to him. He made me send him a message and tied me to a tree, the Leader had brought the other two members and he put the two against their will to make the man speak. Turns out the man had the Dual Blades Unique, our leader had attacked him and he had retaliated and he nearly killed him in one attack and once I begged for it to stop... he continued attacking... he put him at a inch of his life..." tears had formed in her eyes. "Then the man had looked to another woman in our guild and revealed to her that he had killed her brother... I can only think that all this pain was my fault... they didn't deserve this pain... I should have just taken the fall." she had dropped the fishing pole into the ground and placed her hands on her face and began to cry.

@Jevi

-----

ID: 89546 - CD: 7

Fishing Loot: 5 T1 Materials

Ruby had summoned Jevi to her side by patting on the damp grass next to her. Keeping to the girl's 'promise' about not fishing up another monster, the brunette swiped her hand up. After going through her inventory, her armor and sword disappeared once again, hoping this time to be able to take comfort without being attacked. She took a seat next to the blonde, her knees somewhat pulled towards her chest, and her arms resting atop them. Ruby began to tell a story about a mansion that her guild leader had won, which in itself seemed fishy. Despite the situation turning sour, the group managed to escape. From what it sounded like, she had almost lost a friend to the mansion, which she thought in itself would be enough to cause Ruby to be upset for a bit. 

But it did not end there.

The next part that Ruby started with caused Jevi's golden eyes to widen in shock. Some sort of cult had kidnapped her, one that was after a unique skill. Did Ruby have this unique skill, she thought. It did not seem to be the case, and Jevi continued to listen. Soon after they were met by a player killer who captured her, and forced her to call upon her leader the won the mansion. All four of the players ended up in danger, the player killer making quick work of their leader, but keeping him alive. Jevi's mouth hung agape, listening to the whole story unfold. She no longer needed to understand why she wanted to be left alone.. but she also thought that being alone in a time like this may not be the best idea. 

Feeling compassionate, something that Jevi usually did not feel, she scooted closer to Ruby, raising up to her knees and sitting on her heels. She wrapped her arms around Ruby's shoulders, holding her tight in a hug. ~"Ruby... I had no idea. I'm so sorry." She sat back, holding her at an arms length. ~"You can't blame yourself... we all do things we end up regretting in the end when we are scared.. but you're alive.. and it sounds like the rest of your guild are still alive too. If you hadn't told him, it sounds like he would have killed you. And then you would not have been there to beg for them to stop their fighting, the others may be dead too. It might seem like you only caused all of this to happen, but in reality.. things may have been a lot worse if you didn't." Jevi gave the girl a warm smirk, ~"And if you want me to be honest with you.. don't you think that, after going through that, being alone should be the last thing you want to do? I mean.. not only could you be more in danger, but I'm sure your friends are worrying about you.. just as you probably worry about them."

Ruby had kept crying despite hearing Jevi and for her to reach out to give her a hug, Ruby had just felt adamant towards the situation, she truly believed that she had brough nothing but pain and suffering towards them, and she would have not had any of these sorts of thing happened to her unless she had just stayed in a safe zone or a place where she can be safe. "I just don't know what to say to all of them, I have just felt extremely lonely as of late, and the middle of that I had found out that a female in our guild had gotten into a relationship with the leader, I am not jealous that he has her, but I am jealous that they have each other you know?" she had said shaking her head, she had turned her body towards Jevi and went for the hug bringing her to the ground hugging tightly "I've just lost myself... I have just become so depressed and non-believant towards myself... I just... I just..." she had cried out trying to find the words she was looking for, however she just couldn't find them.

@Jevi

Tears continued to flow down Ruby’s cheeks as she spilled all of her feelings to Jevi. Ruby didn’t seem to deny what Jevi said, but wasn’t sure what she would have to say to her friends upon returning. Before Jevi went on to give the blonde advice on returning to her guild, she attributed her lonliness to her leader and another girl in their guild building a relationship together. Jevi frowned, it seemed pretty much all of Ruby’s sadness was because of how alone she felt. 

Ruby returned Jevi’s hug, the tears rolling down her cheeks dampening Jevi’s shoulder as she comforted her, gently stroking her hair. I just met this girl and she already vented this much to me.. she really must wish she had someone in her life. Jevi did not mind being that person for Jevi at the moment. However, she knew what Ruby needed to do to truly feel better. ~”Thats what friends are for.. when you find yourself lost.. they just help you get your way back. I’m sorry you don’t have anyone that you can call your own at the moment..” Jevi separated herself from Ruby, looking her in the eyes. ~”But I know you’ll find someone soon.” She used the back of her wrist to gently dry the tears that soaked her cheeks, trying to cheer the girl up. Jevi truly wished there was more she could do for the girl at the moment, but it really just seemed like she wanted someone to love there for her.. though Jevi felt maybe she needed her friends first. ~”Maybe I’ll come with you, when you go to meet your guild again... Well, you have no choice. Because if you avoid seeing them again, I’ll find where they are and drag your ass there myself.”

Ruby had kept crying to Jevi, Jevi had been stroking her hair and trying to calm her down trying to tell her that everything is going to be alright. Ruby's mind just would,'t let her for some reason and she just had continued to cry, eventually Jevi had separated the hug they had and using the back of her wrist she had wiped the tears away from her cheek. She had looked towards Jevi and towards the side "I dunno, its just coming to a point where I just feel like I am not really going to." Ruby had gotten up from her and let her sit up and she had chuckled and said to her "Well that's not very nice." she had grabbed back onto her Fishing Pole and kept her grip upon the fishing pole. She had looked over to Jevi and said "I just really don't want to see them right now, I just need to get a hold of myself after events that had happened to me. I just... feel like I just don't deserve much after it you know?" she asked her trying to see if she would understand what she is saying.

@Jevi

Jevi looked at Ruby for a long moment before letting out a sigh. She let her behind slip from atop her heels and slide to the ground, her knees bent to her side, body leaning towards Ruby. She honestly was running out of things to tell the girl, and she would just deny all of the advice she was giving her. Especially since she did not want to see her friends, which truly did not seem like it was going to solve anything if she cared about them. ~"Ruby I..." Jevi started, shaking her head, ~"I'm sorry. For everything you went through. And I .. wish there was more I could do." Placing her hands on the ground, she pushed herself up to her feet. ~"But... If you don't want to see your old friends, I guess that means you'll just need to make a new one.. at least until you want to see them at least." Jevi reached her hand out to Ruby with a smile to help her up to her feet. ~"Lets go do something, rather than just sitting here alone. I won't let you, and you'll learn I can be just as stubborn as you." she crossed her arms with a smirk on her face. Usually, Jevi was not so open and trusting about someone. Even with Grave, it had taken her months to warm up to him. But something about Ruby.. the fact that they were so similar, and had gone through basically the same thing. She was willing to make friends with Ruby, as long as Ruby was willing to cheer up and do the same. ~"You might be sad about what happened.. but from what you told me.. Your leader is the one who almost died.. and his new girlfriend is the one who had her brother killed, and that fact dangled in front of her face. You say you blame yourself for things that happened before you even knew them, yet.. in all honesty.. I think you were shown the most mercy. So stop being so down on yourself. I'm not going to let you sit here and drown in your own tears." 

Ruby had looked down and the back up to Jevi as she had offered her a hand to get up and to go do something, Ruby doesn't really know what they would do, but she had accepted the hand to stand back up. She had looked towards Jevi and listened to her, and while it had been hard truth Ruby had spoken back to her "I wasn't shown any mercy, he threatened to kill me if I didn't. His group had kidnapped me and threatened to kill my life if I didn't help them get the damn Unique Skill, they would have even killed me if I had gotten the skill. Matter of fact if any of them are probably to find me now more than likely I am going to die. The man promised me that he wouldn't kill any of them, granted if they had just listened to him." she had looked at her with almost a somewhat annoyed but upset look. She had placed her hands on her hips and then shrugged "So where's this date you are taking me on?" she had chuckled throwing a tease at her.

@Jevi

Jevi felt crushed when Ruby brought back up the fact that she was kidnapped. She had put so much focus on what had happened with the player killers and the rest of her guild, that the event with her on her own had completely slipped her mind. Ruby rubbed the side of her neck, embarrassed ~"I'm sorry..I had nearly forgotten. While I was trying to cheer you up it just.. slipped my mind." she frowned at the woman, hoping her honest mistake would not hinder their possible friendship.~"Really.. I am sorry.."  Jevi caught the look of disappointment Ruby was shooting at her, made her feel even worse. Through the annoyed look, she asked Jevi where she would be taking her on this date. ~"Its a date now huh?" Jevi said with a laugh, covering up the panicky feeling of just what the hell she was going to take her to do. Despite knowing what she had gone through, Jevi had no idea what this girl liked to do, let alone liked at all, aside from women. Jevi placed a hand on her stomach, ~"Well, if you'd like, we could grab something to eat.. I saw some nice restaurants in Florenthia if you'd like to come." Jevi's eyes went back to Ruby's attire. Trying to avoid looking the woman up and down.. though not doing a good job of stopping herself ~"Maybe.. since we are going into town.. you might want to change." she chuckled, ~"Don't want any pigs getting any bright ideas, looking at a girl with a body like that." 

Ruby had offered Jevi a smile as she had placed a hand on her shoulder and said out to her "It's alright, just don't forget my life was equally threatened." Ruby had let out a chuckle as Jevi had spoke out asking if this was a date now, she had placed her hands on her hips and said out to her with a mischievous look and said "Only if you are wanting it to be sugar~" she gave her a wink. Jevi had brought up food that was in the area, she hadn't really eaten anything today and she could really go for something, as she was going to say something she had said something about changing into something as they don't want any pigs to really get a wrong idea, Ruby had let out a chuckle and said out to her "Aww, and I had almost gotten you to check me out, I've seen it you almost try I've seen it. Don't you deny it~" she had let out a chuckle and said "Alright Alright, let me be right back." she had walked over to her store and went inside, she didn't go into her room she just needed a little privacy putting on her Mechanical Princess outfit. After she had put it on she had placed one hand on her hip and said "So where you takin' me cutie?"

@Jevi

"Only if you are wanting it to be sugar~

The brunette had turned her back on Ruby and began walking towards the town, when her blonde friend continued to comment on the date aspect. Jevi gently bit her bottom lip and rolled her eyes, a small smirk forming on her face before she looked over her shoulder at Ruby, who gave her a quick playful wink. ~"Alright. Fine. If it'll make you happy." Jevi said with a chuckle. ~"But don't expect a kiss goodnight." She continued on with Ruby's jest. After turning back around and realizing what Ruby was still wearing, Jevi made her comment about wearing that while in the town. Ruby decided to keep on the attack, calling out Jevi for checking her out a bit. The bronze skinned woman's gaze shot to the side, her lips curled in an embarrassed fashion, and her cheeks heated up a bit with a tint of pink. ~"Just.. go get changed." Jevi said, placing a hand on her face as the blush quickly faded. As she entered her shop to change, Jevi looked around, confused with what was going on. Was her finding Ruby this attractive because she had been alone for so long as well? She wasn't sure if she wanted to move on from Grave or not.. but she was taking Ruby's words to heart about their long time apart. 

Moments later, Ruby emerged again wearing a white and blue outfit with a gold accented skirt. ~"Well, let's get back to the town first, we can decide from there what looks the best." With a swipe of her hand upwards, Jevi equipped her curved blade, Izunami, which appeared hooked, without a sheath to cover it, on her belt behind her. Despite the walk back to town being mostly quiet of mobs, she did not want to take any chances. ~"So.. despite being apart from them, you mentioned you were part of a guild. What guild is it?... I used to be a part of Knights of the Blood Oath.. But during my absence they removed any inactive players." 

Ruby had chuckled as Jevi had playfully responded back to her about the whole date aspect and even told her to not expect a goodnight kiss, Ruby had chuckled and said to her "Aww no kiss? Can I have a hug instead?" she had giggled. Eventually Jevi had gotten embarrassed and even started to blush, she had told her to go change and playfully she had walked up to Jevi putting her body against her and pinched her cheek "It's okay to look you know~ You have my permission. she had giggled and went inside to change. She had stepped outside and was told to just get back to town first before actually settling upon a location, Ruby had nodded her head agreeing with her, then before she could speak Jevi had spoke out asking about Ruby's guild. She had chuckled for a moment and said "Well, we are the Holy Dragon Alliance, and we are new, however we are just kind of winging it right now. Right now I could say we are just a group of friends that went through tragic events. I wanted to join KoB once, however it just didn't feel... right." she had said looking at her seeing if she understands what she says about it.

@Jevi