[F1-SP] Power of the written word <<Earning a living>> [COMPLETE]

Over the next few days David did not leave his room once. Hiro occasionally brought him up some soup or something to drink, but would always have to leave it at the door. David was focused, and he loved what he was doing. It was amazing to him how soft Brass was despite the fact that it was metal. One small strike with a hammer to bend it often left tool marks that had to be filed away. Chiseling was worse however as it was easy to strike too hard, and take too much material away. Adjustments had to be made to the design.

By the time he was through the loupe had lost one of it's lenses, and thus a degree of magnification but otherwise looked remarkable. It had been a lucky first project for David, and he was eager to show it off. After one final night of cleaning, filing and polishing it would be ready to present. David almost could not control his excitement.

The next morning David was at Barnabas's door before the sun came up. The old man took his time in answering obviously still sleep when David had rudely awoken him. Without a word he beconned the budding Artisan in, and pointed to a chair for him to sit in. He made tea for the both of them, and refused to say a word until both of their cups had been drained.

"Alright kid, what do you have to show me." Barnabas asked pointing to the small cloth wrapped object that David had brought with him. David smiled, and took his time unwrapping the loupe. At no time did he touc it with his hands, instead opting to hold it with the cloth. Reluctantly he handed it over to Barnabas to inspect.

"I know it's not much, but I hope it's good enough to earn my place as an Artisan." David said looking towards the floor. Though he was sure that he had done his absolute best, he wasn't sure if that would be good enough.

"You have passion, and you're humble. Those two things alone make you good enough to be an artisan David." Banabas said smiling. "This however is a work of art. Treasure it, and the knowledge you have gained by making it."

Thread Summary

Spoiler

Quest Rewards

A title relating to your profession
The ability to open up a shop in the 'Merchants and Shops' section.
1 extra Skill Point
Extra materials (rolled by Moderator whether GM or PST with Loot Die upon topic completion)

Thread rewards

1 SP
400 Col

Total Rewards

2 SP, 400 Col

Moderator rolled # of materials.

Artisan Profession.

The ability to open up a shop in the 'Merchants and Shops' section.