[F11 - PP] Always (Telrenya)

The embrace that Jomei held on Telrenya was one that he wanted to last a life time. He felt the warmth of the woman's body against his as he held her close, feeling her heart in her chest beat faster and faster every second. The indescribable bliss of holding the woman he loved in his arms as such made all of his trouble disappear for the time being. His eyes shut as he focused on the beating of her heart through her back. After a moment of silence, Jomei felt the woman gently pull from his arms, only to turn so she could face him. His eyes opened once again to see tears rolling down her cheeks, her eyes glistening as she smiled at Jomei. The ginger felt his own heart skip a beat as he looked into Telrenya's deep brown eyes, finding himself lost as they sparkled from the moisture of her tears. Telrenya then returned the embrace, wrapping her arms around Jomei and pulling his body into hers. She thanked him for what he had done for her, causing another bright smile to stretch across his face. 

As the moment passed, Jomei extended his arms out, holding Telrenya at arms length. His smiling eyes looked into hers for a moment before he chuckled, "Theres the smile I've grown to love." The man's gaze looked through the open doorway of the bathroom, and into his bedroom. A sudden realization of just how tired he was passed through his body. "I should let you get some sleep.. We're both probably exhausted. It's been... a long day." Jomei said, his sentence trailing off towards the end. He walked through the bathroom and into the bedroom once again. He turned to look at Telrenya, "I guess I'll see you in the morning.Heh.. I could get used to seeing you every morning" he said with a smirk on his face. 

Telrenya grew a bit bashful under Jomei's gaze, letting out a small chuckle as she wiped the remaining tears from her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time that day. After she had done so, she looked back up to see the Irishman glancing over his shoulder towards the bedroom. As they separated and Telrenya followed him into the other room, she felt her heart sink a couple of inches. "Mm, yeah..." She wore a small smile as she agreed with his sentiment of their shared exhaustion. His last comment, paired with a playful smirk, caused her heartbeat to quicken again and she let out another chuckle in response.

When the man turned to leave the room, Telrenya's chest tightened. He had already disappeared around the corner when her mouth opened and she took half a step forward. But before she had made a sound, the woman stopped and simply let out a short breath, her frame falling slightly. She stared at the doorway for a few long seconds before her gaze moved to the empty bed across from her. The warmth in her eyes began to fade and she soon dropped her gaze, walking over to turn off the room's light. The woman climbed into bed, unable to prepare for the restless night that awaited her.

After Jomei bid Telrenya a good night, the man planted a gentle kiss on the girl’s cheek. “Goodnight” his voice was soft, yet was hiding a mass amount of sadness. With a forced smile on his face, the ginger slowly turned towards the door, and departed back to his living room, where he would reside for the night. On the last step before entering the dimly lit room, Jomei froze. His gaze seemed to wander, as if he were trying to find the answer to the question he asked in his mind; did he really want to leave her alone? No, it wasn’t a question, and though he figured she would possibly want the man with her to bring comfort to her mind during the night, the point was he needed her more than anything. Jomei turned on his foot and walked up the stairs into his bedroom. Telrenya was climbing into the bed as he entered the room, Jomei looked at her with pink cheeks, the look on his face matched the struggle in his mind to find the words to piece together. “Could.. I stay with you tonight?” His eyes finally met hers, all of time seeming to freeze as he awaited her response.

Telrenya's heart continued to sink inch by inch until it felt like it had dropped to the pit of her stomach. She sat on the bed, her knees pulled close to her chest and her arms wrapped losely around them, similar to how she had been sitting beside Jomei on the couch earlier that night. She stared over her knees, wearing a blank expression as she lingered on a single thought. Even before the day's events, the sorrow, worry, and anxiety began to fill her hollow frame, her mind only continued to scold herself. 'Why didn't I say anything?'

The sound of Jomei's footsteps coming back up the stairs snapped the woman back to reality, and she looked up to see the ginger's tall frame staring back at her. Telrenya searched his face--his pink cheeks, the uncertainty shown in his visible olive-green eye--until his voice echoed the question that had lingered and festered inside of her heart.

Heat rose to her own cheeks to match his light blush as she stared back at him in disbelief. Her mind seemed to go blank for a few seconds, causing the air between them to grow still. Suddenly, as if she had managed to pull herself back to reality, she slowly nodded, gently biting at her lower lip while she fought back the feeling that threatened the arrival of fresh tears.

Silence fell over the room after Jomei asked if the two could spend the night together, rather than in separate rooms. The woman sitting on his bed's cheeks turned red to match his own, her expression seeming surprised by Jomei's question. He watched as she gently bit her lip, before she nodded to the man, accepting his request. The man's shoulders and chest seemed to lower with the rest of his body as he exhaled the breath he did not realize he was holding, releasing all of the tension that had built up between the two in such little time. Though the tint on his cheeks remained, his contorted expression turned to a bright smile, his eyes closing for a moment before he gave the girl a single nod himself and walking over to the bed. Jomei sat next to Telrenya, who was still sitting atop the sheets of the bed. He looked at the girl with a smile before pulling himself back to the opposite side of the bed, moving the blue sheet out of the way so he could put the blanket over his body. He let out a relaxed sigh as his body sank into the mattress, which felt much more comfortable with Telrenya situating herself under the blanket as well. Jomei looked at the girl, propping himself up onto his elbow, "Hey.. are you alright with this?" he questioned her, just to be sure. He could tell from the last time the girl stayed over, that she had not seemed ready to share a bed with the ginger at the time. Though it has been some time since she had last spent the night, we was not sure if the woman's feelings had completely changed. 

Once again, his smile was contagious. The red tint to her cheeks barely faded as he moved closer and lay down beside her. She pulled the blanket over herself, leaning back to let the back of her head gently collide with a soft pillow. She just lay there for a few moments before the ginger-haired man beside her pulled himself up a bit and turned to her with a touch of concern in his voice. She blinked, her blush deepening just a bit before she let out a nervous chuckle. Telrenya rolled to her side, pulling her arms up to lay in front of her chest as she looked up to the man with a shy smile.

"It's...a bit strange to me." She felt embarrassed to say. She took short glances up at the man's face before looking back down to her hands, the bedsheets, or elsewhere. "I mean, I haven't been--" She stopped herself, but realized it was too late not to continue her thought, and so she mumbled out the rest. "...in a lot of relationships." The blush on her cheeks only grew a bit thicker, and her eyes stayed glued to the empty space between them. "I'm sorry if that's, well..." She looked as though she was struggling to find the right way to find the words for what she wanted to say. "I'm sorry if it's hard for you or anything."

She took in a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. She gave a nod in order to answer his question, a small smile resting on her lips as she did so. "But...yes. At least right now, I... I really think I'd rather not be alone tonight." She carefully reached out her hand, placing it gently over one of Jomei's own.

When Telrenya turned to look at Jomei after his question, it hit him just how real the situation was. Her dark blonde hair sprawled out onto his pillow, the blush taking up her whole face at this point, the deep pools of chocolate brown that looked back at him in small glances, and that bright smile that melted Jomei's heart.. they were all real, and they were right in front of him. Jomei tried not to let those thoughts distract him from what Telrenya was saying. The idea of sleeping in the same bed with Jomei was a bit strange to her. Despite that Jomei wanted this, he could understand her reasoning. The two had not been dating for very long, and with Telrenya's timid nature, this was probably causing her emotions to spill over. Her main reasoning that she bashfully revealed to Jomei, however, was her lack of experience in relationships. She thought that the whole concept would make it harder for him. Jomei smiled and shook his head, "Aside from a train wreck of a relationship I had in high school.. I've really only been in one other serious relationship." Jomei knew that Telrenya had heard the name Zandra earlier today, the context in which it was used probably slipped her mind during the heat of the moment, but he figured at some point he should know who she was, what they were, and why they were no longer. "We can talk about that another time though.." 

However, despite her reasoning and nerves, she did agree that this was what she wanted for now, being what they had both went through. The woman placed a gentle hand on Jomei's, warming his hand, and creating a smile on his face. "Neither did I." The man turned his body to a lamp that sat on the wall behind him. Tapping the air in front of it opened up a small box with a scrolling meter on it. Jomei dragged his finger across the screen, slowly dimming the lights until the room was only illuminated by the light of the moon outside. He returned his body to a comfortable position on the bed extending his arm out to allow Telrenya to move closer into his body for comfort. "Thank you." he said to the girl once she found comfort, and he wrapped his arms around her. 

She felt herself blink in surprise, quickly catching the matching emotion on her face and trying to subdue it. She had always assumed that other people were more adept than her in terms of romance, dating, and love, and so it came as a surprise to her when Jomei admitted that he hadn't been romantically involved with many others in the past. Her smile quickly returned alongside his, and when he turned to dismiss the light she felt a small wave of exhaustion pass over her. Both her body and mind were dreadfully tired, and so despite the light color that lingered on her cheeks, Telrenya shifted herself closer when Jomei had offered her to do so.

She had felt the man's comforting embrace before, but she felt a new sense of serenity as the quiet of night fell over them. His soft thanks reached her ears and brought a warm smile to her face as she nestled in close to him. She hesitated a brief moment, but soon brought her arm around his waist to lightly return his hold. She only wished this night were able to have a different day as its counterpart, and they might be able to enjoy each other's company fully, unburdened by the weight of this world that seemed to be incapable of growing lighter as time stretched on. For now though, Telrenya felt as sleep began to overtake her.

As Jomei pulled Telrenya’s body into his, she wrapped her own arm around his waist. The warmth of thier bodies embracing countered the cold breeze that entered through his open window. The fluttering heart in Telrenya’s chest slowly decreased speed as sleep took over. Jomei’s soft smile seemed to be glued into place, not fading away as he began to feel how exhausted his own body was. The man hoped that more nights of these would come in time, hopefully without prior days like the one they’ve had. Jomei took in a deep breath through his nostrils, his eyelids covering the green and white in his eyes as he softly exhaled. As the Irishman began to drift to sleep, he felt happy and comfortable, despite everything that had happened today. All of that did not matter to him now, as his mind seemed to escape the grip those images and memories had on him. 

Thread complete:

Jomei: 1 SP, 200 col
Telrenya: 1 SP, 200 col