[F4-PP] A Child and A Sage (Fae, Thorsten)

Silver found himself on the fourth floor once again, he sat at Frostbite Lake observing the area around him. The light of the sun glistened off his heterochromatic eyes. He wondered what was new in this world, though he was not one to attempt to learn these things first, instead he would wait for when the time was right to figure out about the strange world. He listened to the birds chirp around him and watched as the sun seemed to shimmer on the frozen water. He observed his surrounding with happiness. Resistance had treated him in a very fair manner thus far and he was sure that it would continue to treat him this way. 
“I wonder, what it is like to be a bird in the skies. How free they are such vigorous freedom that they experience, such wonder they get to see. What knowledge must they have from the things they observe, perched on their branches and flying through the sky.” He said
Silver was content with life, it could be heard in his voice how majestic he found the world. He knew that He could be happy if he so chose to be and was always eager to learn about the experiences of those he meets and the wonders of the world.
@Fae

Fae was on her usual visit on floor 4, as she loved to play around in the snow and all sorts like that. This time she came to Frostbite Lake so that way she could try something new instead of just making stuff out of snow. After all her previous visits, the snow was starting to get just a tad bit boring. So Fae decided to see if she could go ice skating on the frozen lake. If Fae could do it, then it might just end up being her new thing that she would do on her visits.

Because this was SAO, and there were no ice skates from what Fae could tell, she had to get a little creative on this. Fae had strapped two daggers to her shoes, as the daggers were about the right size for ice skates. Fae came to edge of the lake and put on the dagger shoes before stepping onto the ice. Fae gave herself a push before she started to skate across the ice. As she skated, Fae noticed another player near the lake, so she waved at him and tried to get his attention. "Hey mister! How's it going?" Fae called out, waving to him at bit more as she skated.

@Thorsten

The calm air and gentle sounds around Silver were magnificent. Suddenly he heard a voice call for him from the distance. Turning to see whom it was that would be attempting to secure his attention he saw a girl, not yet a woman. She was small, a little over half Silvers own height. Her hair was bright pink and she had turquoise green eyes that spoke of the innocence of youth.
Silver had not met this player before and greeted her with a kind smile before standing up, his heterochromatic eyes still glistening in the light of the sun. “Greetings, my friend! I am Silver ‘Thorsten’ Zevulum.” Silver said, his thick northern English accent showing through his speech and his voice booming around, echoing slightly. “To whom do I owe the pleasure this fine day? And what brings you to the wondrous land of ice and snow that glistens in the sun around us?” 
Silver was not the best when it came to talking to people, he tended to words that most people would not know and some had thought he was roleplaying as he was in the game. This however was far from the truth. This was, instead the normal way he talked to people.
@Fae

Edited by Thorsten

Fae did a quick spin after getting the player's attention, and she then proceeded to skate over to him and stopped once she was a few feet in front of him. Fae almost fell over when stopping, as the ice kept her going for a few more inches after she tried to stop. She kept her balance though, and then looked up at the player who had introduced himself as Thorsten.

"Greetings to you too mister! Fae is Fae, and it's nice to meet you!" Fae greeted excitedly. Her voice wasn't as loud as Thorsten's but it could still be heard from a distance. "Fae came out here to play, right now Fae is trying to skate on the ice, which is pretty fun so far. What are you out here for mister?" Fae asked. Fae wasn't the best with words either. She had her whole third person thing with her speech, and she tended to get a bit too excited. A lot of people just saw her as a child who could hardly talk, but it's just how Fae was, and she had her own reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Silver noted the girl’s childish demeanor and method of speech. It was queer to listen to someone speaking in the third person but Silver judged that the girl in front of him may be an actual child and not just a childish adult. He smiled at her, his heterochromatic eyes continuing to glisten.  Once she had explained her reasoning for being out on this floor Silver chuckled and proceeded to walk onto the ice. “I came here to think and observe what the day had in store for me. Whilst I had not expected this, I am happy to oblige whatever caused you to be directed my direction.” He started to skate around the lake, altering the volume of his voice depending on where he was on the lake. This caused any listener to hear a constant volume instead of the normal sound of a person getting closer or farther away. “I do not wish to insult you but I wonder why you are out here alone. Not many are brave enough to do so, the fear of death looms overhead in every circumstance. Furthermore, I must inquire, Do you have a caretaker? I have no doubt that you can care for yourself, however it is a most cherished thing to have, someone to take care of you, at the age in which you seem to be.” Silver hoped he hadn’t offended the girl in any way, though he would be unsure as to why he had if she became offended.

@Fae

Fae was lost in Thorsten's eyes for a moment when talking to him. The way they were different colors just captured Fae for a bit. She hadn't seen eyes like this before, so she couldn't help but stare. After a few seconds, Fae stopped and nodded her head as the stepped onto the ice. "Yeah, Fae comes down here a lot, mostly to play. Sometimes Fae just sits down in the snow and thinks about things that Fae wonders about. Fae is glad we could meet here." Fae said as she walked with Thorsten on the ice as they started to skate.

Fae was a little bit confused by why Thorsten was raising and lowering his voice as they skated, but she figured her had his own reasons. He asked if she had  a caretaker or anything like that in this world. Fae shook her head and then smiled up at him. "Nope! Fae doesn't have a caretaker, Fae is strong enough to handle herself. Do you have a caretaker?" Fae asked back. She did a quick spin and skated a few feet ahead of Thorsten looking back at him with a big smile.

@Thorsten

Silver observed how Fae acted, smiling as she did so. He wondered if she had the same intrinsic ability to embrace the unchanging happiness of life. It was a quality that children had and not many kept a bold on. Fae asked Silver if he had a caretaker, he walked up to her and smiled, leaning down so that he was on her level of height, “No, I don’t have a caretaker. In fact, much the opposite. I, myself, am a caretaker. Everyone needs a caretaker every now and then. It has nothing to do with strength.” He placed his hand on her head. “That said if you need anything, feel free to ask me. I may not bee much in the means of money but I have been called a sage by some, an advisor by most, and a friend by few. No matter the cost to me, if I can help you I will.” Silver then scared a circle around Fae and continued to walk forward. 
“So, Mademoiselle Fae, what is it the youth of today does for fun? And what of it do you enjoy?”
@Fae

Fae continued to skate and did another thread before Thorsten answered her question. She wasn't too suprised to hear that he did not have a caretaker. Fae took a few steps back and continued to skate alongside of Thorsten, looking up at Thorsten attentively when he put his hand on her head.

He told her that if she needed anything, just let him know, and Fae smiled brightly. "Thanks mister Thorsten, but Fae won't need any money from you, or anyone. Fae doesn't like to burden others with things like that. Fae just wants to be friends mister Thorsten." Fae responded, her smile still present.

Fae watched Thorsten skate a circle around before he came back to her side. He asked what the youth of today did for fun, and Fae was kind of stuck on that. "Fae doesn't really know. We've been in here for so long, Fae can't even remember. But hey, Fae never knew too many kids in the first place. Fae just comes out here and plays in the snow for fun." Fae answered.

@Thorsten

Silver felt a tinge of nostalgia. This girl showed herself to be more and more like he was. He thought to a little in silence before coming to a conclusion of the next best action to take. It only seemed right for him. “I know what it’s like not having any friends. I also know what it’s like growing up alone.” Silver smiled at Fae, “So I have an idea. If you would like, the two of us can act like a family. I can take care of you if you ever need it and you can take care of me. You won’t be a burden to me at all, in fact the knowledge that I have someone to take care of gives me great joy!” Silver then skates up behind Fae and lifts her up, placing her on his shoulders. He didn’t wobble or loose balance , in fact he kept skating around the lake with her. His martial arts training had taught him many thing, and he knew that even if he wasn’t the strongest fighter, he could take a beating and never lost balance. “What do you think Fae, would you accept me as a caretaker? There is so much wisdom and beauty I wish to show you and you can show me all the things you know as well.” Silver did a slight twirl. “Life doesn’t last long, so let’s enjoy it.” He then awaited her response eagerly.

@Fae

Fae felt a little bit sorry for Thorsten when he said he knew what it was like to have no friends and grow up alone. Fae felt the same way, but she couldn't help but feel bad. He then offered if they could be a family in this game and Fae got a big smile on her face at the idea.

Before she could answer though, Fae felt herself lifted up by Thorsten and was placed on his shoulders. Fae thought they were gonna tip over, but they didn't and Thorsten kept his balance. "Woah! You're really good at this mister Thorsten!" Fae exclaimed as she leaned forward a little bit. "And Fae would love to be in a family with you! You could be my daddy! Fae never really got to know her daddy, and well, Fae can't even remember his name. But Fae is sure we can enjoy life together!" Far answered joyfully as she held on to Thorsten.

@Thorsten

Silver light up with excitement. “This is magnificent!” he did a spin and reached the edge “I would be honored and filled with joy to be your daddy. We can be a family like those I’ve seen others had! Also, no need to call me ‘mister’, you may call me whatever you see fit!” Thorsten lifted Fae off his shoulders and placed her on the ground. He then hugged her tightly as a tear of happiness fell form his eye. He contemplated her words concerning how her was never really in the picture. He through about the vast parallels between himself and Fae. Most of all he though that he could give her that things he never had and make sure she never followed the life he had lived before Katherine, but make sure she had the knowledge to do what he did in case of any need 
He decided to inform Fae of his household. “My mother left when I was about your age and my father was always working and traveling. I never stayed in on town for more then a month. Whilst he did educate me on certain aspects of life, a majority of what I know come from what I could learn on my own. Now I can pass my wisdom and knowledge onto someone. Thank you, Fae, this is the happiest day I have ever lived.” He then released her from the hug.
@Fae

Fae tried to hold on to Thorsten's shoulders after he did a spin. He seemed more excited than Fae about all of this, and Fae thought she was going to be the most excited. "Yeah! This is gonna be great! Fae would be just as honored to be your daughter! We could be a great family, just the two of us. Fae will just call you "daddy" from now on!" Fae said excitedly before being set back down onto the ground by Thorsten.

Thorsten hugged Fae tightly, and she returned the hug just as tightly, if not hugging him tighter. Fae wasn't crying, but her eyes were just a little bit watery. Fae had taught herself how to avoid crying, just from all the things she had gone through. She finally had someone she could call daddy though, so Fae finally decided to let her tears out. "Fae feels the same way there. Fae's actual daddy went on multiple year long business trips, and whenever he came back, Fae only had a few days to see him. Fae's mommy was always working her hardest and was always too busy for Fae. But now Fae has a daddy she can talk to, this is the best day for Fae too." Fae said, tears still coming out of her eyes. When Thorsten released her from the hug, Fae wrapped her arms around his waist and continued to hold on.

@Thorsten

Silver looked at the face of the girl who was mow his daughter. And whipped the tears from her eyes. “I promise you, I will be the father you deserve and will protect you always. I vow to instruct you with the things that you need to blossom into a beautiful rose, I vow to be there for you should you ever need me. I will do all of this and so much more.” Silver pat Fae's head. He was happy as they stood there. He hoped that he could provide for her to the best of his ability and could protect here without fail. Starting today, Silver adopted another into the people whom he would go to any lengths to protect. He found himself happy with this, 
So, little one, where do you live? Would you like for us to move in together?” This was a question Silver had not considered thus far. He hoped that she would be willing to join him, that would prove to be the best way he could protect her and care for her without a doubt. He, himself, held up in one of the inns on the fourth floor, waiting for the point that he could afford a house. Having Fae there would make that apartment style room much less lonely.
@Fae

Fae tried to wipe away her tears as well, but Thorsten beat her to it and wiped the tears off her face. She looked into his eyes again and got lost in their colors as she listened to his voice. Fae was getting even more and more relaxed just listening to Thorsten tell her that he was going to protect her. "Thank you so much daddy, Fae doesn't ever want to leave your side. Fae vows to be the best daughter you could ever ask for! Fae will do whatever you ask Fae to do." Fae said in response as the tears stopped coming out.

When Thorsten asked where she was living, Fae paused and tried to think of a way to word her situation. "Umm, Fae has been sleeping on the streets mostly. Fae would love to move in with you. If you have a place to live that is, Fae will move in with you." Fae answered, looking up at Thorsten now.

@Thorsten

Silver was pleased to hear her say she would be willing to stay with him. “I only have a room a the inn on this floor. It has a bed and a couch, a bathroom and a small kitchen. You may sleep on the bed if you’d like.” Silver turned to start walking toward Snowfrost. “I can’t be having my little one sleeping on the streets. I will say, though, the room is why o find myself without money. Come let me take you to your new home, sweetie.” Silver turned back to Fae and stretched his arm out for her to take his hand. 
As they walked, Silver thought of the times long past, the things he’d seen and done. The things he could tell no body, the things he regretted and had no regret for at all. Perhaps this was his chance at redemption. He knew that Fae would one day learn of his past, he feared that day. He feared the day Katherine would learn of his past as well. How would they take him? How would they deal with who he was? He didn’t know, but felt it best to allow himself to deal with such things when they came. Whilst thinking this he still wore a warm smile, not wanting to scare Fae.
@Fae

Fae wasn't even slightly upset that the room Thorsten had was small. All that mattered was that there was a room. "That's okay daddy. Fae doesn't care if the room is small. Fae is just glad to be with you. Who knows, it might just be more comfortable with less room!" Fae said cheerfully as she grabbed onto Thorsten's gand after he held it out for her.

Fae continued to walk with as they arrived in town, which was just a little bit less cold than the plains. Fae looked around at the various NPCs that were walking about, in between them were a few players walking along with them. Fae looked up at Thorsten and leaned up against him a bit as they walked. "Alrighty then, no more sleeping in the streets for Fae. Fae promises that. Maybe we could save our col together and buy a house someday" Fae suggested.

@Thorsten

Silver smiled at Fae. “Perhaps we can! It would be nice to have a place to own. Perhaps we can even get somewhere with a yard so that you and I can go and play.” He though of how much me had needed something like this. It had always amazes Silver how he never truly knew what he needed until it was there. Fae had a somewhat contagious happiness to her, it was nice to observe the innocence and pleasantries of youth. Ignorant in the best of ways. “What is your favorite food, Fae? Perhaps I will be able to get it for you in the morrow.” 
Silver had never cared for a child before, and yet, in many ways he had. They approached the inn where the two would be staying until they could scavenge the necessary funds for a house. They walked past the front desk, Silver smiling at the psudoperson behind the counter, greeting him but not stopping to chat. “Good day, sir!” Silver then walked Fae up for he door to the room. “Well, here we are. Make yourself at home little one!” 
@Fae

Fae nodded in agreement with Thorsten. Fae could already picture it, the two of them playing together someplace, it would be amazing. But Fae knew that the time they would have a house wouldn't be for a long time. It would be nice to dream of it, but there was no way anytime soon that the two would have their own house together. "Yeah! We could get a real nice place. We have a long way to go for that, but we can make it happen!" Fae said optimistically as they arrived at the inn.

Inside the inn, Thorsten greeted the person running the inn and led Fae over to his room shortly after. It was already getting warmer inside, and they weren't even in the room yet. "My favorite food? Fae likes waffles. Waffles are the greatest out there." Fae answered as they stopped in front of the door to Thorsten's room. "No, you can go in first daddy, it's your room!" Fae said as she held open the door for Thorsten.

@Thorsten

Fae had opened the door for Silver, stating that he should go in first. Silver leaned down so that he was face to face with her and patted her head. “No, it’s our room now.” He then walked in and once Fae had he made sure the door closed. “Yeah, it may take a while but if we put effort into it then we can accomplish anything, as a family.” He walked to the main portion of the room and motioned for Far to join him. "How about I tuck you in and we can get some sleep. The day seems to have slipped by during our time on the lake and the walk home.” Silver pulled the covers back for her. “Thank you Fae. This has been the best day ever.” Silver couldn’t get over how happy he was with how the day had gone. He had a flash of thought as to when this was all said and done. Would all of this go to waist? He came to the conclusion that he would implore the Zevulum family to have someone keep an eye on her, perhaps it would in the end be him that did so. Regardless he knew that she would be safe either way. His family s had the connections to make anything happen.

@Fae

Fae watched Thorsten walk in front of her and giggled a little bit when he went down to her level and patted her head. He told her it was their room now, so Fae nodded her head in response. "Okay, Fae just is thankful you let Fae move in with you." Fae said as she walked into the room behind Thorsten.

Thorsten closed the door behind them and led her over to where the bed was and pulled the covers back for her. "Yep, together as a family we can do anything!" Fae said as she climbed into the bed after yawning. She opened her menu and took off her clothes except for her undies and got underneath the covers, getting into a comfortable position in the bed. Fae yawned again and she looked up at Thorsten. "Daddy, can you sleep in bed with Fae tonight? It's been so long since Fae has had someone to sleep with. This day went by so fast, thanks for making it one of the best. Good night daddy." Fae thanked as she patted the other side of the bed, showing that she made room for Thorsten to lay down in bed with her. Fae's eyes slowly drifted closed and she fell asleep. She had been so tired and now finally could sleep in a bed again.

@Thorsten