[F3-PP] Attempting to relax

I wake up slowly within my bed that i find myself sleeping. My eyes slowly opening as i slowly go to sit up and look about the room. I can only just sigh and smile a bit at Itzal's kindness for allowing me to sleep here until i could get my own place. I slowly get out of bed and looks out the window of the room out towards where i can just see a bit of the lake. I grin a bit to myself wondering if i could ever find time to just swim in it. This thought makes me chuckle a bit and shakes my head as i then equip just some regular clothes consisting of a white shirt, and black shorts. I walk around the room barefoot as i just grin knowing that swimming in that lake wouldn't be that great of a thing to experience. The fact of that being their are more important things that must be done to help us all escape this hell of a game.

Being in this game is not what anybody thought it would be when we got this game, and the nervegear. We all thought it would be fun and games until it turned into life, and death which has caused deaths, and fear to be quickly spawned from the news. Spending time here just doing nothing is a waste since all efforts should be focused on getting out of here quickly, and getting strong enough to surpass every floor till i can catch up with the frontline members. This being my primary goal at the moment since i refuse to be useless to anybody. As i nod i just equip my sword also letting the sword within its scabbard hang on my hip as i walk out of my room. Not waking Kuro who is sleeping like a regular pet while in the sun. I slowly make my way down the steps to the first floor of the shop at a slow relaxed pace. Every step that i take having some slight caution do to the fact i know the little ball of energy that looks like a dragon by the name of Velnia could show up any moment and knock me off my feet if i'm not careful.

@Itzal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzal walked back to his shop, watching as the sun had begun it's climb at last.  He always woke up early in order to go out and exercise each and every day.  He wanted to stay in shape, that much was true, but he also wanted to increase his strength to the best of his ability.  The heavier his weapons, the more power they held .  He knew for a fact that a weapon that weighed twenty pounds would have a whole lot more force than a sword that weighed ten pounds.  Runs, push ups, pull ups, sit ups, weight lifting, and several parkour exercises, warm ups, and obstacle courses was a daily thing for him.  Lately his training was becoming longer with his growing endurance and strength, so he came home after the sun had risen now.  Velnia never ran out of energy, and Itzal envied her for that.  The little ball of hyper activity shot all over the place, looking for animals one minute, then, landing on his head the other with this wide grin on her face.  She always kept a smile on his face, though the reason he was training so hard stripped the smile away.  Fearx.  The player who wanted to settle once and for all who was the greatest player in gaming, was still out there somewhere.  Itzal knew that Fearx would never stop harassing him and his allies until he fought him.  Then there was Death Adder who had killed Beatbox.  He only knew a handful of rumors but those he did know made the feat of defeating him seem impossible.

Itzal soon saw his shop in the distance and made picked up the pace.  He walked up onto the porch and opened the door, Velnia shooting inside the instant it was open.  After bouncing around the downstairs and upstairs, missing Hestia by a centimeter, she saw Hestia and flew over, landing on her shoulder, licking her cheek, and nuzzling against her head.  She then turned to Hestia's familiar and grinned, letting him know that he wasn't being ignored.  Itzal grinned and nodded to her.  "Morning Hestia.  How are you doing this morning?"  He spoke softly, hoping not to awake Kasier whom he had already talked to about Hestia's stay.

Hestia sees the door open to the shop and sees her friend Itzal walk into the room, and very soon after that sees a little streak of color that can only be associated with the little hyperactive animal zooming around barely missing her by a centimeter. Causing Hestia to back a bit away from where she was standing at that moment. However, soon after she can feel the little licks and nuzzle of the cute little dragon familiar. Hestia raises a hand and gently pets Velnia's cheek affectionately. Kuro flies down towards me having been awoken from the sound of the door opening. He just nods at Velnia seeing she is behaving, or at the very least behaving in terms of staying within her usual crazy energetic self while not awakening the last member of this home.

Mornin' Itzal.  Hestia says tiredly clearly looking tired, and a little bit exhausted. I'm guessing you're doing your morning routine? i say to you in a soft voice as i make my way over to a chair and sits on it for the moment.

He watched as Hestia raised her hand, gently yet affectionately, stroking Velnia's cheek, causing the dragon to purr her dragon like sound.  He could see Kuro coming down not long after, seeming to approve the little dragon's action of sitting.  Itzal didn't think the words calm, doing nothing, or anything else related to this as Velnia was always doing something.  Plus, those words seemed to act as some sort of jinx, causing her to do something crazy.  Hestia greeted him tiredly and sat down on a chair, seeming to be exhausted from yesterday, or at least that was the more likely scenario.  She asked about his morning routine and he nodded, sitting down in an opposite chair while glancing up the stairs again, hoping they don't disturb Kasier.  "Yeah pretty much.  Exercising every morning.  Trying to build up my strength stat as much as I possibly can.  I'm guessing your not so much of a morning person though?"  Itzal asked with a grin.

I hear your question about my thoughts on mornings, and i turn to you and just nod my head. Mornings are a thing that are crafted by the greatest evils of evils. Be it Kayaba, Satan, or whatever else counts as the greatest evil in other mythologies. After saying that i pause and adds one more name. Mornings belong in the deepest of pits in Tartarus. I say with a slightly satisfied nod at adding that last part. I then slowly get up off the chair and stretches a little bit to try and get me started to being awake. Hmmmm what to do today. I say out loud as i think as i go through stretches stretching my arms out, touching my toes, and other little stretching exercises to start my morning off to try and shake of the exhaustion that mornings always have over me. Do you think today should be questing or gathering some materials? I ask you curiously as i still sound a bit exhausted even though i seem slightly more alert, and awake now after doing all those stretches. Kuro just shakes his head at me and just lays on the ground. Oh come on Kuro we can't afford to waste anytime when we could be improving to help us get to the higher floors, and eventually the frontlines. We can't afford times of napping or other things that wouldn't lead us to improvement. I tell my little lion cub he just flaps his wings twice, and continues laying on the ground not getting up from it. Where he is laying having rays of sunlight hitting his snow white fur.

Itzal grinned when he heard what she said, and chuckled as she finished, using Tartarus as an example of her frustrations towards it.  "Remind me to show you the sunrise on this floor," he told her.  When the sun rose between the two mountains his shop rested between, it was truly as sight to behold.  Especially when you viewed it across the lake.  He wondered if her view on mornings would change.  It wasn't so bad if you would just take a moment to stop, look at the art the Lord made across the landscape, and just breathe it all in.  He saw her get up and begin to stretch, muttering about what they should do today.  Itzal had just sat down from exercise so he wouldn't be getting up just yet.  Velnia however sniffed out a loaf of bread behind the counter and shot like lightning towards it, disappearing behind the counter as they heard munching sounds and nothing else.  Itzal chuckled when he heard Hestia ask Itzal what they should do, mentioning quests and material gathering.  He watched as Kuro sat down in defiance and heard Hestia's words.  Itzal thought for a moment.  "Mmm.  No he's right.  It's not good to expend all your energy each day.  You've got to loosen up once and a while.  Training becomes a bad thing if you overdo it after all.  Lets see, what can we do......  Well I have three ideas.  We could take a stroll through the forest on floor one.  Visit the fourth floor.  Seems to be everyone's favorite for some reason.  Or visit floor sixteen where there are beaches.  I've been cooped in my bedroom in the real world most of my life, so anywhere outside is fine.  Although I have to admit that I've been in forests most of my time in Aincrad too.  I'm up for something new if you are.

But...what about improving ourselves! we'd just be wasting our time doing anything else. It's like dealing with that Marissa girl again. I say as i sit down on a chair. Why do people seem so adamant on making me waste days when i could be improving myself. We're no closer to completing this damn game. We're only a fifth of the way through. Their has to be something that is useful i can do to help others out faster. I say in a frustrated tone. I don't want to waste time in this. I have a sister, and mother to get back to who are now having to pay to keep me alive while being cooped up in here. I say completely frustrated. My hands gripped tightly into fists. If i find that man Kayaba. I say with a growl of pure anger at mentioning that man's name. Having total disdain for the man who might have ruined my family's life do to not having me around to help with doing chores, and working a job to help pay for things. And also for ruining this game which honestly seemed like it could've been beautiful and fun until it was turned into a death game.

after calming down after some time i just look to you and say I....just want to get back to my family...you know? I want to get back to helping them get through things, and watching my little sister grow up. To help makes things easier for my mom. So why shouldn't i push myself everyday in this virtual hell hole. To not stop till i either drop down dead being a martyr for others escape of this game. I mean it's not like we need to eat or anything as far as i know. I say to you softly not noticing the tears running down my cheeks at thinking back to my family, their situation, and what my old life was like before being trapped in here. I seem to like i'm trying to form words but i soon get choked up and find it hard to form more words do to the tears. Being borderline crying.

"Because the mind can only take so much stress Hestia," he said, answering her first wave of words.  "We're human beings, not Gods.  We have limits and if you try to exceed those limits it will break you.  Improving ourselves is important, but taking a break and relaxing, loosening ourselves up and easing the stress out, is also a vital part of this.  To always push and train without end puts too much stress on your mind and virtual body.  We make progress with ourselves, and with the game, but if we push to fast we'll bite more than we can chew.   Some of us will die and it will become harder to beat this game."  He sighed as he understood her frustrations.  "I understand you want to get back to your family.  I have so many regrets that I wish to make up for and see my own family again.  However will it help if you get yourself killed while trying to push yourself too hard with the sole purpose of escaping?  You can't rush this Hestia, I'm serious here."  He then saw her calm down a bit and listened to her words, seeing her tears begin to form and start dripping down, choking up a bit.  He stood up and sat beside her, hugging her from the side.  "Because your valiant efforts won't do any good for these players if you die.  Let's say you sacrificed yourself so that players could ascend one more floor and floor twenty three was unlocked.  That leaves seventy seven floors left for players to struggle through.  You can't think like that.  And yes, players need to eat and sleep in this world.  You know this already, I can see your exhausted beyond belief." 

Itzal hugged her a bit tighter, gently though.  He understood the pain and waited for her to burst into tears, rubbing her back and whispering encouraging words to her.  When she calmed down enough he'd place his hands on her shoulders and urge her to look at him in the eyes, a gentle and understanding smile on his face.  "Give today a shot ok?  No harm to take one day off.  Afterwards tell me what you think ok?"

As i listened to your words the tears could only come out more and before as i have head against your as i cry more and more. Kuro seeing my cry gets up from his spot and gently nuzzles his head against my leg. I smile a bit down to my familiar glad to have a faithful companion like him at my side always, and glad to have a friend like you who cares for me. I still can't shake the feeling that today will be a waste of my time, but i slowly force myself to nod and say. Okay fine. One day only though. I say, and you can tell these words are being forced out as if they go against the very core of my beliefs and being. I find myself looking into your eyes and just says. One day, and i'll tell you okay. I say glancing away as i then get up and quickly wipes away the tears and taking deep calming breaths to get my breathing back to normal, and my heart rate back to normal. Thanks for being their for me Itzal, but this idea is going against what i have done for 9 years of my life in the real world. One day isn't going to change me like a one hundred and eighty degree spin. I tell you

After saying this i sit on the floor and just moves Kuro onto my lap. Kuro 's only retort is to flap his wing into my face as i look down at the little Lion cub who i can swear has a smirk on his face. I think Velnia is being a bad influence on you Kuro. I tell him playfully as Kuro flaps his wings twice to refuse such a statement. Turning his head away from me causing me to chuckle and just pet him for a bit before hugging him gently. Thanks for being here for me. You're a amazing friend. I tell him softly as he nuzzles my chest gently and affectionately as a response back with a low satisfied sound coming from him. Like a cat when purring but deeper sounding.

Itzal was glad she had others to help her out.  Itzal didn't have anyone until he ran into Kasier to get him to stop, slow down, and take a breather.  It was a hard life to live if you chose to always train and never stop.  It showed.  She would kill herself if she didn't stop and take a break.  While she was clearly upset with the idea she slowly nodded and grudgingly agreed to a single day.  He smiled and waited until she fully calmed down, watching her wipe her tears away and calmed her breathing to normal.  When she did she mentioned how while she was grateful that he was there for her, it was something that went against everything she'd done for the last nine years and how it wouldn't change in one day.  Itzal smiled and nodded with understanding.  "I don't expect you to change overnight Hestia.  Habits take time to change.  I was like you when I started.  However I think this will be a great help to you and maybe help start to change your mind on the matter."  Itzal watched as Kuro slapped her in the face with a smirk and he heard what she had to say about Velnia and Kuro.  When he saw Kuro's reaction Itzal laughed a little while Velnia grinned and landed by Kuro, the same smirk on her own face.

"Maybe in sass, but he's got nothing on Velnia when it comes to her stomach or hyperactive nature."  He finished with a grin.  He thought about what they could do today.  Floor four was a snow land.  Floor eleven was pretty much Italy.  Sixteen was an island with beaches everywhere.  Seventeen was a Greek floor.  What to do though?  Itzal thought about it for a moment before looking out the window at the lakeside and smiled.  "How about we start the day with something to wake you up?  Like maybe, swim in the lake?"

I chuckle a bit hearing you describe Velnia's hyperactiveness, and eating habits. Myself being very familiar on how hyper she can be from having witnessed it plenty of times by now. Kuro looks up towards Velnia and uses his tail to pet the little dragon as best as a tail can do so. I smile a bit at the sight of seeing Kuro do so. I then think on what you would have been like in terms of never stopping in terms of training. The thought making me curious what spurred you onto acting as such. Was it a event? or was it just the urge to get out of this game? I look to you and asks. So you said you use to be like me. Who stopped you from continuing that act, and why were you non stop training? I ask wondering what the answer would be.

I think and nods my head with a small smile. Having missed actually swimming ever since i stepped into this game. Fine let's go swimming. I say with a nod of my head as i follow you down towards the lake. Still wearing some normal clothing as i do so. Kuro flying ahead of us and down towards the lake directly. Not having to deal with any terrain that could slow him down.

She did it.  He figured she would, he just hoped she didn't.  Since she did he figured he may as well share.  Talk about his former self.  "When I say we were alike, I mean that in that I trained nonstop.  I didn't want to die.  Survival was the first and foremost goal in my mind.  While there were players whom I had befriended, I soloed most of my time, training nonstop.  I was determined to get high in the levels.  My friends didn't think that anyone out there would be a player killer but I knew better.  Back then I wanted to punish people like that.  No matter what."  He sighed as Velnia grinned when the lion petted her.  "I was training so hard I didn't realize that I was pushing my new friends away.  I had finally reached level thirty something...  Or was it in the forties?  Either way, it was sometime around there when I first ran into Kasier.  She was taking the earning a living thread.  By that time I had changed and didn't want to hunt player killers, I was much less selfish as well.  After gathering materials, she lay down in the grass and I joined her.  It felt, really good to just lie down.  Enjoy the world for what it was.  So peaceful, quiet.  It was such an incredible experience for me, that every week I'd just take half the day to stop and relax." 

Itzal chuckled when he thought of how much Kasier had changed since that day.  Well, changed on the outside that is.  She was still the gentle and kind soul she always had been.  Just more mature that's all.  He walked with Hestia outside over to the lake.  He didn't think about swimwear.  He never did.  He walked over to a tree and pulled off his deep purple trench coat.  His sleeveless silver shirt revealed, as well as his brown pants, he turned to Hestia, hoping she didn't strip down, but had visited a shop and bought some sort of vanity clothing for swimming purposes.

Sounds like this Kaiser girl has helped you changed a lot since you've met her. I say with a small smile. Glad to know that you'll always have someone like that at your side to help you through those things. To help you push forward and strive to being better at a safe rate. I look down wondering if that relationship is unique around here in this game of death. I just smile and starts to strip naked leaving only my panties, and bra on. Having no swimwear at all since i didn't even really think about getting such a thing. The panties being black, and the bra a matching black with little flame design on it also. I turn my head to face you and whistles a little bit. You look pretty good Itzal. I say in a appreciative manner as i look over your form as i then walk towards the lake and gets into the water. Without having a single bit of a blush on her face.

I chuckle a bit seeing Kuro dive bomb towards the water before adjusting himself to allow his paws to just glide along the water as he turns around and finally ends up being in the water once he makes it back close to shore. Having slowly descended into the water as he was close to the water. Kuro grinning a bit from the descent allowing some water to splash me in the face as i give him a playful glare and splashes him back.

Edited by Hestia

Itzal nodded with a smile as he thought about Kasier.  He was happy to know that Kasier would be with him, not only in this world but in the real world.  While she lived in America and he in Japan, they would visit each other over the border, each visiting the other's country.  After then they'd make decisions over where they'd go and stay.  He loved her and she loved him.  In fact she was the one to had technically started the relationship.  He nodded to her words.  "Definitely.  I want to be that same type of person for you as she was for me, if you'll allow that that is.  Just remember your not alone in any of this.  There are players out there who can and will work with you rather than you having to do everything by yourself."  He smiled, hoping this would help her from burning herself out so much.  It was his hope to help her enjoy life along with working somewhere along the line.  Even if it was before they left the game he hoped he could help her in that area.  When he turned to look at her after hanging his trench coat, his entire face turned blood red in a nanosecond.  She had...  She took...  She removed her clothes...  She wasn't stark naked but this was still an overload for Itzal.  He immediately turned to a different direction, keeping his eyes off of her.  He didn't attempt to hide his insane blush and he legitimately couldn't speak.  He was too busy trying to remove the image from his head.

He heard Hestia whistle, stating that he looked good.  Was she trying to tease him or did she legitimately think this sort of thing was normal?  It only caused him to blush more and he really wasn't sure how that was possible.  He heard a splash but it was too small for it to be Hestia.  He then heard a smaller splash that sounded like Kuro splashed water onto shore.  He then heard several splashes which he knew was Velnia.  He didn't do anything however, he literally had no idea what he should do in a situation like this.  He was hardly breathing, or was he breathing heavily?  He had no clue.  He as feeling lightheaded though.

I smile a bit and decides to say after your comment.  Well if you want to be for me what Kaiser was for you. I don't think Kaiser would appreciate that a lot since if i remember correctly Kaiser ended up being your girlfriend. I say teasingly as i continue to splash Kuro, and Velnia. However, after awhile i notice you're not moving. Getting a bit worried i get out of the water and make my way over to you, and turns you around to face me. I wave my hand in front of your face, as i can see now how fast you are breathing, if you are breathing that is. And i can see the very bright red blush. Huh good to know. I say keeping this in mind for the future to not do this again since i prefer my friend talking to me rather then turning into a statue. I grab your hand gently and tries to lead you over to the water. Hoping that when i put you into the water the temperature of the lake might shock you out of this state you are in. I look over to Velnia and asks. Soooo is this normal when he sees girls dressed this way? I ask Velnia curiously as i continue trying to move you into the water

Itzal barely heard her words but he heard them.  When he felt her hands touch his he nearly jumped.  Nearly.  He could feel her pulling him to the lake and he thanked the Lord for Kasier's morning habits.  She would never see any of this and hopefully he could forget.  When she spoke to Velnia, the little dragon looked at Itzal with a sorry look on her face.  As if she understood why he felt that way and could feel what he was feeling.  The fact of the matter was that not only was Itzal a Christian, but he had isolated himself from...  Well everything.  He avoided everyone at school because the bullies were everywhere.  Thus he never had the chance to talk with girls or other guys about how to act around girls.  He legitimately knew nothing.  He may have learned some with Kasier, but he had discovered early on that there was more than the mind could understand when it came to acting around women.  And this.  This was out of the blue and just so much for him to process.  Of course he was also trying to cut and hack that process to pieces at the same time which didn't help.  He felt the water and stiffened as he came back into reality.  He wished he had something he could give her to cover herself enough but not keep her from swimming but he had squat.

Itzal's bare feet were in the water.  He still had no idea what to say whatsoever, but he wasn't sure he should say anything either.  This was extremely awkward and rather uncomfortable being with her in this state.  He disliked swimming with his torso bare, and here she was in her underwear.  The blush didn't leave as he took another careful step into the water.

I stand and think for a bit as i open my menu and puts on a black shirt to help you at least. Realizing you are acting this way do to the state of my dress. I also notice you seem to be back to reality, but still very quiet. I just shrug not knowing on what to do in this situation. Not use to the idea of a boy being absolutely speechless which leaves me to assume you haven't had much experience with the other sex. I think for a bit and gets into the water still wearing the black that cover my panties also do to the length of it. As i enter the water i quickly splash you with a small grin on my face. Come on Itzal snap back to reality. I'm your friend, and nothing more. As you said today is a day of relaxing with the start being swimming. So just do that relax and just enjoy yourself okay? After all you only got this one day to prove to me that relaxing is worth my time. I think standing their like a statue wouldn't help that case now do you? I say to you with a smile wanting to help you get back to being normal.

Itzal saw Hestia get into the water and was about to look away when he saw that she was wearing a black shirt.  When she splashed him and spoke to him he took a second to gather his thoughts.  She was right of course, and well...  Now that the situation was far less awkward he could act like himself again.  He nodded, still shaking a little though.  "Your right, and of course I do, I just.  It's just that..  Never mind," he said as he took a few steps back.  He then broke into a sprint and leaped forward off the edge, diving into the water full throttle.  The immediate chill, and the feeling of the water, swimming deeper helped to calm his nerves, albeit a little.  Just as quickly as he dived down, he pushed himself back up to the surface again.  When he did he sat on a boulder on the shore.  He hesitated before turning to Hestia, most of the red gone but still a little blush there.  Things were less awkward now, though it was still a bit awkward.  "So.  You just going to sit in the shallow end or you want to try swimming?"  he said, attempting to make a joke and break the unease.  Velnia took the offer and dived down towards the water, winking at Kuro hoping to challenge him to a swimming race.

Kuro grins and flaps his wings once and quickly takes off towards Velnia the little lion cub observing the water having enjoyed the chill of it, but is still very unuse to the sight of it from having been on the fourth floor for most of his existence till i found him, and made him my familiar. I grin towards you and quickly runs into the water and dives into it trying to go as deep as i can till i need air before quickly coming up with a grin on my face. This is some cold water. I say as remain in the deeper part of the water swimming around trying to get use to the temperature of it. I smile as i watch Kuro and Velnia race along the water.

Itzal watched the two begin to race.  Velnia got upset that Kuro wasn't playing fair and didn't enter the water like she did and splashed him.  It would be quick to note that although she was still fast in the water, she wasn't nearly as lightning fast as she was in the air.  In other words, this was the first fair race she'd been a part of.  She enjoyed the challenge however and was getting a thrill of the fact that she may very well lose.  While they raced, Itzal pushed himself off, diving towards Hestia.  He never really went swimming, ever really.  He honestly didn't know too much about what other people did.  Still, he enjoyed swimming through the water.  The feeling was relaxing to him.  He broke through the surface of the water about three feet from Hestia, finally able to grin a little.  "You seem to be experienced enough.  Do you swim often outside of SAO?"  He asked.  He was curious but he wouldn't let his curiosities get the better of him.  "And in regards to your comment earlier, Kasier knows the kind of person I am.  She knows I can't just sit by while I watch others fall apart, or going to fall apart."