[F3-PP] Attempting to relax

I listen to Galadriel's telling of what happen, and notices the quick change in what she was going to say and figuring it must of been because of something you did. I grin as i look down to Velnia who is being held down by Kuro whenever she tries to go for my ice cream, and as Galadriel gets another bowl for Kuro i grab it, and puts it down on the floor near the table that you lead us towards to have our nice cold treats. Kuro brings Velnia over by having her foot wrapped in his tail so she can't run off. Kuro not wanting the shop that is allowing him a nice treat that his owner is seemingly excited about to be ruined. Once Kuro reaches the ice cream her begins to eat it happily and moves Velnia over to it. Offering the little dragon the food since she seemed to really want it.

Sorry i like to take my chances at those kind of things. For either my own amusement, or i guess in this case to get a few laughs out of someone else. I say chuckling a bit. So. i say with a curious look quickly changing my tone.  The man in golden armor? I say and you can tell from my tone that i wish to know who this person is in relation towards you. After asking that i go back to having my ice cream.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velnia's attitude changes instantly and she licks Kuro's cheek, nuzzles against him, then proceeds to eat the ice cream with him.  She wouldn't eat too fast so that she didn't eat any more than Kuro did, but she did make sure she kept up with him in pace.  Itzal heard her apologize and sighed with a shrug.  "That's one thing I won't be able to change really.  I guess I have to just adapt to it then.  Oh well."  He began to have his ice cream and was about to ask her how she liked it, and if he was right that it was the best which it was when she asked him something he had hoped to avoid.  The man in the gold armor.  There's a silence for quite a while.  At least a full minute.   Glad that the ice cream was soft, yet wouldn't melt off the cone on this floor, he lowered it so that he could talk.  It would be clear he didn't like this subject.  "His username is Fearx.  Actually you could say that his name is Fearx.  In every single game I've ever played, there's always been one online player who challenged me in every possible method.  We started out as just competing rivals, but it soon grew intense.  We fought for first place in every game, always level grinding to the highest, cheating other player to get the best gear.  Always dueling to see who was the best.  No matter what game I found, Fearx would appear around the same time.  It was as if we had the same mind.

"I was hoping that if we came to this world then I'd be free of him...  But I'm not.  For the first time we've met face to face.  When we did he said how SAO was our last and ultimate challenge.  He wants to see who's truly best once and for all.  Because of this, he keeps trying to get me to level up, to get stronger, so that we can finally have our match.  One time he attacked me just to prove how far below him I really was, to persuade me to kick it up a notch."

As you go on to tell me about this person my gaze doesn't seem to shift to one emotion or the other. Just listening to you as you tell about this person that. I nod my head at the beginning finding that the beginning could have just been friendly rivalry between people. The timing of such things is strange to me though on how this person was able to do so, but just putting it up to coincidence of things since that is a possibility. That it is just similar mindsets and tastes in the games they could be playing. However, the thought of this being just a game to him changes as you mention this is supposedly some final fight with this person. I look you in the eyes. You better not be serious about taking his challenge Itzal, or i swear i will be hounding you as much as possible to make sure when you go do this idiotic thing you have me their to help you survive. I wouldn't care how many days i will spend having to train to catch up to you but i will if need be. I say seriously not liking the idea of you going off to fight some idiot who clearly in my mind has some kind of mental problem if he is fine with adding up the death total to this game. I don't care if i have to interfere in a duel to make him stop. I say seriously to you.

Kuro hears what is happening and can hear the tone of my voice and gets near me and nuzzles his head against my leg with a look that i can't decipher yet do to not being use to my familiar's gestures. Having not been around him long enough to pick up on what he tries to convey with  every look or gesture. Kuro not stopping Velnia from eating more ice cream if she decides to do so.

He sighed.  He knew that Hestia's concern for him was genuine and he was grateful for it.  However this situation wasn't that simple.  Fearx wasn't giving him much of a choice, what with his harassing, and most likely threatening soon.  Itzal had to get stronger so that he could keep Fearx from harming any of his friends or family.  And he was getting stronger.  He was at least fifteen levels higher than he was last time.  And still climbing.  He had grandmastered a few skills and was near grand mastering his light armor.  Once he got his mods then he would craft debuffs to give him an advantage over Fearx.  However the player had probably already thought of it and would bring his own debuffs as well.  It was so frustrating, the guy would be thinking of everything.  Itzal was probably going to have to come without buffs and fight him like that in order for it to be anywhere near fair.  He placed a single hand on hers and gave a steady look in her eye.  "I'm not going to die.  I have both my sister and my girlfriend I need to remain alive for.  I don't want you dying however, and if you intervene he may kill you by accident.  Please don't take any unnecessary risks."  A look of determination and strength was in his eyes.  "I'm not going to die in here, least of all by Fearx."  He sighed and leaned back in his chair.  This was why he didn't want people knowing. 

"Tried to help you relax, unwind a bit.  Enjoy yourself for a day.  And we end up having this discussion.  Gosh I'm terrible at this completely."

Don't bum yourself out Itzal it's not your fault that i am riled up now. It's that Fearx guy's fault. i tell you with a look. You tell me now to worry Itzal, but you said this guy could be strong, and he probably only got stronger. I don't care what i have to do to make you stay alive. Cause i am sure this person is not going to fight fair with you, or be on even ground. I tell you with a worried look on my face. I don't care if i have to break a rule i have been given. I will interfere in that match if i see him about to kill you, and i know i am strong enough to take a hit or two. I will do so to allow you to live. Who knows maybe i will break the rule and kill him myself during that moment. I say softly at the end at mentioning the killing, but my eyes keep the same fire and determination. Being frightened at having to kill another human, but seeing it necessary if it's for the better. I look down and shakes m head. This is for a later discussion Itzal. As you said it's time for us to relax, but i meant every word i said. I protect the weak that is the first moral code i had, and one i will follow to my grave. The weak includes strong people, who need some assistance in surviving. I say with a look towards you when saying that.

Kuro just looks between us and lets out a little roar to show his support in helping out in anyway he can also. Standing by his owner's decisions.

Itzal sighed when he heard her say this.  He was probably going to have to find a way to accept Fearx' challenge in secret if he wanted her to be safe.  She was right of course.  While Fearx was losing time by taunting, harassing and prodding Itzal, he wouldn't be idle.  He'd be fighting monsters on the highest current floor there was, which was floor twenty one.  He hadn't heard of Fearx till now so he doubted he had any demonic equipment.  Eventually she shook her head and mentioned how it was a discussion for another time.  When she finished he tried to relax.  "Alright, we'll talk about this some other time then.  Until then, what about the ice cream?  I told you it was the best," he said with a grin as he continued to have his.  While Velnia had hers, Itzal couldn't help but imagine Hestia jumping in front of him, getting stabbed by Fearx' spear, and dying just like that.  He refused to let that happen to her.  It wouldn't.  He would take care of Fearx and he would do so alone.  It couldn't be done any other way.

it is really good. I say nodding my head with a grin on my face as i look at the ice cream for a bit before continuing not wanting to admit that it is better then what i have had before. Since i would then be disappointed when i head back into real life, and become unable to have this whenever i want. I then look at you having heard the sigh when i mentioned that i would be willing to help defend you with my life. I just smile and grin happily at you as i continue to eat the ice cream, but in my mind i can only hope that you don't do anything reckless now. I look towards my familiar Kuro and hope that you don't run into this Fearx at some point while on a quest without me, and end up losing your life. My mind instantly thinking of that monument of life that i have seen, but never entered back on floor one. My eyes look down for a moment as i hope i never have to enter their to check to see what happened to a friend of mine.

Itzal smiled when she mentioned how it was really good.  He noticed the worry on her face and he tried to think of something that he could do.  Then he got it.  "Hey, follow me real quick," he said as he stood up.  "Velnia?  Kuro?  You guys can stay if you'd like, or you could come with us."  Whether or not Kuro would go, Velnia was staying with the ice cream.  Itzal knew this and was in fact counting on it.  He walked out the door and while he did Galadriel started yelling at him.  "Hey you [censored] idiot!  Get your stupid flying dog thing out of my shop!  Don't you walk away from-"  Itzal closed the door, stopping the stream of screams that she had let loose.  It was a slow day so there weren't any customers other than Itzal and Hestia at the moment, so she didn't need to worry about others hearing her and getting discouraged from coming.  He led Hestia across the snowy fields and towards what seemed to be nothing more than a cliff.  He pointed out an opening you wouldn't see unless you looked for it and led her in the narrow cave entrance.  Inside was pitch black until Itzal pulled out a light crystal.  The entire inside of the cave was made of icy crystals, and the light bounced off in a way that made the entire room sparkle.  He smiled and looked at Hestia.  "I doubt you would have seen this if you went monster hunting today."

Kuro was going to follow us till he saw Velnia staying and decides to stay since a Velnia by herself seemed to dangerous in his eyes. I nod my head and follows you, but hears her curses and scream and says to correct her. It is actually a lion ma'am please don't insult Kuro's pride. I call back to her as i continue to follow her as i turn to you. Are you sure leaving them with her was a good idea? I ask you in a unsure tone of voice as i look between you and shop over and over again. However, with this doubt i do still follow you wondering what place is so important to be that we left so quickly. I follow you across the snowy fields towards some cave that is pitch black.

I gasp softly seeing the cave light up with light do to the crystal you picked up. I quickly look around seeing everything sparkle and glimmer beautifully. This is... i say softly completely lost for words at the beauty of everything.

"eh.  The worst I can see happening is they start an icecream ball fight and I get banned from the shop...  Until she goes all soft again and gives me another chance.  We all fear that she'll destroy the place but despite how hyperactive and reckless she can be, she isn't foolish enough to let that happen."  He heard her gasp and watched as she gazed at the world around in wonder.  He smiled, glad she was able to finally see what he saw.  "It's one of the reasons I chose to be a scout.  You get to see all of the incredibly beautiful things on these floors.  There's always some spot.  A cavern on the second floor.  The field of flowers on the first.  On the ninth floor there's a place where it's warm and beautiful despite the harsh volcanic environment."  He continued to walk on, leading her to a tunnel that wasn't covered in crystals, but they did dot the black walls, making it seem as if they were walking through space.  They soon reached another room that was far larger, even had a river running through with a bridge in the center.  Hanging over the bridge was a massive glowing crystal that caused the entire space like room to sparkle, and the water of the flowing river to glow.  "It may not be a one eighty degree turn, but I'm going to guess that you may have a somewhat different mindset now?"

i follow behind you slowly. The slowness being from the beauty of what i am seeing. how...how is this here. I ask softly as i look around at all of this. No monsters? no...quest? why create this then. I ask softly and confused. I thought this was meant to be a torture game...not a place of beauty....it makes me wonder if this was intentional or not...what Kayaba did. I ask softly as i continue walking alongside you. Following you deeper into this cavern. I can see why you want to be a scout if you find places like this. I say softly in total awe and shock. I continue looking as we enter a dark part of the cavern the crystals serving like little starts in the night sky. This is.... i say and stops not knowing what else to say without repeating myself.

If it wasn't for the fact this was in a out of the way cave...i want my shop here. I tell you honestly as i'm looking around this area as i point to a spot next to the little river that runs through the area. Right their is where i would want it.

He heard her stunned silence before hearing her speak.  Even then she was still utterly stunned.  When she asked her question he would answer.  "Kayaba wanted to create a world of his own.  I doubt it was actually about trapping players and killing us off.  I think he just wanted to create a world for people to live in.  Perhaps he was afraid that people wouldn't want that kind of thing, or perhaps he trapped us to make it feel more real.  While I agree this was a foolish way to go about it...  You have to give him props for creating something as beautiful as this."  He heard her mentioning how she wanted to make her shop here and pointed to where she wanted it to be.  He smiled and nodded.  "Maybe I could help you out.  Expand the size of the opening some more, and bam.  You have a really beautiful entrance to your shop."  He looked at her, noticing that she was still stunned to say anything.  "I truly am glad that you were able to enjoy yourself Hestia.  I hope you can have fun like today more often, if that's something your comfortable with that is."

I grin a bit excitedly hearing that this could be the area for my shop. Getting all gitty and excited. Can we make the entrance bigger! i ask with a big smile as i look towards you. I can only hope the cave part won't throw people off towards the fact my shop would be in here. I say with a happy grin and a smile as i start imagining what my shop could be like already. I look around the area and knows the name would have to do something with the crystals all around that would be their. I then think on what you said about Kayaba and nods my head. Yeah i guess you have a point Itzal, but why not just get rid of the logout button, but create the death system. I don't get why he would want people to die before they could see this beauty that could be found with enough time. I say softly as i gaze at everything.

I'd be up for fun every now and then but i will want to try and get something out of the fun i go on one way or the other. I tell you with a smile as i look around at everything. This is going to be a amazing shop once i get onto building it. I say with a small happy smile as i turn my head to face you. So what can you create as a Performer? I ask you curiously since that seems a bit relevant since we're talking about shops. And what is needed for creating?

Itzal chuckled as Hestia began to get excited, no doubt she was thinking about the design she wanted her shop and what she wanted it to look like.  She became even more excited when she heard that they could expand the entrance of the cave.  He heard what she had said about the cave and people being thrown off and he shrugged.  "It's not too far from town.  If you place fliers on the town board with coordinates they wont' get turned around."  He watched as she looked all around her, getting a good look and feel for the cave.  It truly was a beautiful spot.  Then she mentioned about the logout button and the death system and he smiled sadly.  "Because what he was doing was against the law.  He needed a method to keep people from the real world from  pulling the plug.  If there was no danger then the police and families could pull it and force players out."  Itzal thought of his body just lying there for a long time.  Goodness he was going to need to get some exercise by the time he got back.  He heard her words in regards to fun and how she would want to get something out of it and chuckled.  "I don't expect it any other way..  Still I'm glad your willing.  As for crafting, performers can craft a few healing songs, attraction songs that lure monsters and familiars to you, but the main thing we craft are debuffs.  Go figure.  Unfortunately debuffs don't work on floor bosses so players usually don't want or need them.  That's why we rarely have customers."

I smile a bit hearing how i can get people over to this cave, and quickly puts that to memory so i won't forget in the future. So i can then focus on writing down some designs for how i want the shop, and fliers to look when i post it around town. 'Maybe even around the other floors just for good measure' I think to myself with a nod of my head. I nod my head to what you say about pulling the plug thing. It still is a sad thing that he went to such methods to keep people trapped here and put such high risks into this also. It is a bit disheartening to know that such a beautiful world was wasted because of most peoples thoughts on being survival. They never get a chance to view such areas like this it is honestly a tragedy. I say with a bit of a frown as i continue gazing around at the beautiful cave as it shimmers and glows do to the light reflecting off the crystals.

I then hear the options for what we can debuff, and frowns hearing the debuffs don't work against floor bosses. Well that is a bit disappointing, but as long as it is only for floor bosses i guess i could be fine with that since their are plenty of other creatures that are dangerous out and about on the other floors. I say with a nod of my head. Wishing it could work against floor bosses, but understands that if it did a lot of debuffs would be going on the floor boss making him rather easily to kill if such debuffs could work against it.

Itzal heard her words and nodded with a sad smile.  Many people had their own goals in mind for the world, and many of those plans came at a cost to others.  "Yep.  This is what happens when someone doesn't take a moment to consider just how badly this will affect others, despite the fact that your dream becomes reality.  It all goes back to the sinful nature of man.  No one is perfect, but not everyone works to be better either."  He was sorry about it, but that was the truth.  Mankind was sinful and despite how hard they tried, everyone sinned.  It was inescapable.  Besides through Jesus Christ of course.  Of course that was his belief, not everyone thought the same way.  He then heard her mention how it was disappointing but how it could still have some use.  He decided to give her some hope so he nodded.  "Yeah, there's that.  At any rate I hope you have more success than I do Hestia.  I haven't had customers for quite some time now...  Hub says it's getting late.  You ready to head back soon or you want to stay here some more?"

Well i hope that no one i know ends up like that. I say softly with a small sad smile. You know? sacrifice other people's happiness or not think of the consequence of their actions that could affect other people's lives. I would hope i never do that since i don't want to do something like this. Ever. I say as i look around, but not focusing on the terrain in any manner. More so thinking to that monument of life. The monument which holds peoples name both alive and dead. Thinking such a thing can be considered a place of hope and despair. Hope in knowing others are okay, and that their are many still alive, but despair in seeing the names of loved ones. Gone? i realize then i don't really know what happens to the names of those passed away. I shake my head and focus back on the matter at hand. The time that is now, the present.

Let's head back I say with a nod of my head with a smile. I mean i have a shop to plan out, and i need a good night's sleep if i want to be of any use for tomorrow. I say with a smile on my face as i turn to you and then starts to make my way out of the cave, and then pauses. But before we head home we better pick up our familiars from poor Galadriel's ice cream shop. I say with a chuckle at the thought of the potential state it could be in from those two.

He heard her words and nodded solemnly.  His thoughts immediately went to Beatbox and his heart sank while filled with anger again.  However he repressed these feelings quickly so that Hestia wouldn't be able to see it.  "I agree.  People like that?  Who kill without a second thought, hesitance?  It's cruel, sick.  I hope no one else has to fall to that kind of fate.  So many lose sight of anything of real value, especially human life, and just tap into bloodlust.  The laughing coffin guild is the worst of them all.  Hopefully they'll be brought down at some point.  As of lately though they have been rather quiet.  That has me worried."  he shook his head, deciding to move on to another topic.  She mentioned how they should head back, mentioning how she needs to plan out her shop, as well as get some sleep if she wants to be of any use tomorrow.  He smiled and looked to her.  "You're more than just a use you know."  then she mentioned picking up the familiar's at Galadriel's shop and he nodded in agreement.  "I know I said I have faith in Velnia, but at the same time I worry she may have trashed the place."

Laughing Coffin is that player killing guild right? i say having heard of them myself and has a worried look at hearing they have been silent. That..frightens me if they have gone silent. That makes it seem like they are planning something big then. I say as i walk with you out of the cave that we have found ourselves in. I can only think, and worry about what is to come from this silence that could happen. I quickly shake those thoughts away knowing i could get all worked up over something like hearing that when in reality it could be nothing at all. I can only hope that those players have gone into hiding do to the strength of all the frontline players that are out and about. I smile a bit hearing you say i am more then a use as i nod my head. Of course i know that Itzal. It's just my way of saying of being productive, and such in what i wish to accomplish tomorrow. I say with a kind smile to you. Knowing that i chose those words in terms of being a use in the future more so then anything instead of what i just said. Well if anything Kuro should've kept Velnia under some type of control while they were at the shop Itzal. I say in a cheerful tone. Trying to ease any worries about Velnia trashing the place. I mean our familiars work in reversal of us. Kuro makes sure Velnia doesn't do anything to crazy, and you make sure i don't do anything reckless....liiiike for instance run myself into the ground doing quests. i say with a small chuckle.

Itzal nodded to her first question solemnly.  "Yes.  They are the biggest and strongest player killing guild out there.  And no offense, but I seriously hope we're wrong about them planning something..."  They made their way to the town, getting closer with each step.  She mentioned how she knew this and how it was her way of saying productive.  He smiled back to her.  "Yeah I know.  I'm glad you got to enjoy today Hestia.  Please let me know the next time you want to do something like this ok?  I'd be happy to set up the day."  He listened to her as they entered the town, making their way to the shop.  "You ran into the ground?  Also, I hope that's the case because otherwise-"  "Itzaaaaaaaal!"  Itzal looked at Hestia for a moment before dashing into the shop and stopped before facepalming.  Inside there were hundreds of empty bowls of ice cream with a disappointed and annoyed Kuro, a purple dragon licking out of the last bowl, and a woman who had drawn her rapier and shot towards Itzal, thrusting the blade at his face.  "Why me..."