[F3-SP] Minos' son's fall <<Search for the Hoya>>

I look around the town of Dililah resting up from the quest for the overstayed welcome quest. After two hours of resting up i get up and looks towards the forest of the Wavering Mist i grin knowing that when night falls. I shall enter that forest and shall rise up above it all a killer of a Minotaur. I grin a bit loving the perfection of such a statement. A greek goddess killing off a greek monster that is the minotaur. I double check my current items to make sure i'm ready for the challenge ahead. Counting off what i have with me. Healing potions to survive. Check.  My equipment to fight back. Check. My familiar to not take as much damage. Check. I grin at the remembrance of my familiar knowing that will allow me lots of town in slaying the beast. Especially since i had just put in my recently gained Skill Points into my curved sword so i can deal some quick and easy damage against the monster that lies within this tomb i've heard of from other players who have gotten ahead of me.

I get up from my spot and heads over to a place where i can start the quest within this town. I wander around town looking for the house that fit the description of what i'm looking for. It takes me an hour but i find the house and where it is located. A little shack near the edge of town that is occupied by a singular elf. Ca-ca-can y-y-y-you-you he-help -m-me-me-m-me The elven creature asks with a slight stutter. yes i can what is the matter? I ask him in some slight concern. Not having the full concern i would otherwise have do to the fact of me knowing the reason of what is causing this elf distress, so it is difficult to form the same level of distress and worry for a situation i'm already privy to. I look upon the elf and waits to hear what he has to say more of about his situation. Having an idea beforehand of what it could be do to it being fairly predictable from what i know.

Edited by Hestia

Well you see every night for the last week. I've been hearing scream coming from the forest. The one with the real thick mist. The screams sounding like the haunted wails of tormented souls. I would like for you to investigate this noise and try to silence them since you seem like a adventurer i'm trusting you'd be able to accomplish such a task. The elf creature tells me having seen my armor, and weapons and assumed i came to him to help him out. Well you would be correct mister elf my name is Hestia, and i have come to help slay what has been plaguing your night, and most likely your dreams if those screams don't awaken you. I tell him with a nod of my head. Having a serious look ready to help out this elf with slaying this great Minotaur. I look down to my familiar Kuro who just flaps his wings once. Ready to take down the foe that awaits us.

Edited by Hestia

We'll accept your quest mister elf after this night you'll hear not a single scream come from that forest since they will be put down by my blade. No more screams will come since justice will be served upon those with the wicked intent to torture the people every night. I reassure the NPC. Oh Thank You! you have my eternal gratitude! He tells me before closing his door as i grey menu prompt appears before me asking if i wish to accept the quest of the <<Search for the Hoya>> i accept it right away having no fear in that regard. Knowing and trusting the fact that i can take care of any minotaur that could come to fight me, and can outlast the Minotaur with mitigations, and thorns if anything if my blade won't land against the Minotaur to kill it. Kuro flaps his wings once and strongly showing his strong acceptance and eagerness at me accepting the quest. Apparently liking the idea of my bravery for facing something that is known to be terrifying.

I just walk out of the shop, and looks up to the sky seeing that it is about time i head out towards the forest of the Wavering Mist. I make my way towards the town exit as i look out all the buildings that are around. Stones made of wood with little wooden roofs that have a extra layer of something covering them. I smile ab it loving the simplistic look to this town. Finding myself very curious to what else is on this floor if they have a forest that produces thick mist that makes it almost impossible to see. Just a natural maze of almost total blindness. I pass by little shops on the way towards the exit. Seeing another blacksmith on the way who has his forge at the outside having all the tools needed to make things at the ready. I grin a bit seeing all the tools that blacksmiths use for forging in this game. I continue on my way passing by stands that sell knick knakcs, weapons, or foods to people passing by. Seeing this like a normal little town that is absolutely perfect, and peaceful looking.

I make my way out of the town equipping all of my gear once again. Armor, shield, and sword at the ready encase of anything that could come up while i'm exploring. I have my blade within its scabbard as i make my way towards the forest with a determined look and a grin. Already knowing what the enemy is going to look like, as i find its location to be fitting also. The forest serving like the labyrinth where the minotaur is located in mythology. This entire quest just making me grin from ear to ear knowing how everything is fitting within the lore to where it originated from. I look towards my familiar who is walking along with me who is eyeing the area keeping an eye out for me as we walk. I just smile seeing my familiar doing so since it makes the most sense. A animal having far superior sense to everything when it comes to them so they' be able to spot things much easier.

I can only look around and let my thoughts wander as i see the sight of the Wavering Mist forest coming into sight. What is the reason that this game was created by Kayaba? Was it something he intended to do? Was this all some sort of huge mistake that happened somehow? So many things that could've ended up in this horror game that nobody has the answer to. My feet walk down the path of the road as i'm not even paying attention all that much. Just paying the bare minimum to make sure i'm staying on course, and not bumping into anyone or anything. If this game was created for a reason why would you wish to kill off people who wish to play a genuinely interesting video game? Could this be some sort of experiment to see how people react when thrown into chaos. Like some sort of psychological experiment? Their being many possibilities to the answer of why someone would create such a game like this. Something that is basically living and breathing war and horror into anybody who lives through their time of Sword Art Online.

I start to enter the forest as i see the mist starting to creep into my vision. I look around and see that the trunks are wide in diameter once again. I nod towards my familiar who flies up to try and get a better view from where he is at to where this tomb area can be located at. This fact making me curious to if the screams can only be heard at night do to the tomb, and the hoya's spawning into the world and game at that time. I just continue walking forward as i try to get a view of the sun able to only catch a glimpse of the sky. Seeing that it is slowly transitioning to the dark night sky that everybody is familiar with. The red, and orange of sun set slowly fading away as night takes over the time. I lean against a tree and waits for the sun to set fully. To wait to hear the screams of what people described as those of tortured souls. Ones that are going through lots of pain at that moment. As i think on that i look up towards Kuro who flies down and lands at my feet and shakes his head. It's okay little guy the mist does get a bit thick the deeper we go. I say kindly as i pet his head gently.

I wait around for the night to fully claim the day as i look around as the mist seems to slowly get denser the closer to night it approaches. I can start to hear faint screams that slowly become louder till i can hear it in full audio. As soon as i hear the screams i start to make my way towards them. The path quickly becoming a dense fog that is impossible to see past it. I just slowly make my way deeper and deeper doing my best to follow the sounds of the screams that are echoing through the forest. the sounds of the creaking trees, and leaves rustling keeping me on edge the entire time. I quickly take my blade out of its scabbard as i try to listen for any monsters that could be lurking around in the forest. I can feel how tense my body is from just the foreboding sense the place gives with its dense fog, and sounds of the nature that this place makes. I take deep breaths to remain calm as i keep a calm fixed gaze in front of me. The screams echoing louder, and louder before silence for the moment. The silence being far much worse then the actual screams.

The sounds of the leaves, and the creaking trees keeping the atmosphere of this forest on the creepy end of the scale. I take slow deep breaths to keep myself calm as best as i can. Well if anything this game knows how to set the mood perfectly in terms of how this is suppose to go. I think to myself as i look around the area hoping to catch any sign of some sort of stone that would hint at a tomb, or the giant minotaur itself who is protecting the tomb that holds this item that you're suppose to get from beating it., and entering the tomb itself. As i continue to make my way through the area i swear i could hear the sounds of tapping against wood. The sound sending shivers down my spine do to my mind going to a logical conclusion from things i have heard. That this place houses spider like monsters. I quickly holds my blade ready to defend myself appropriately with my blade.

The tapping of the wood becomes silenced. I remain where i am for several minutes expecting for whatever is their to lunge at me, but the attack never game. Seeing this i quickly turn and made a ran towards where i think the tomb is hearing the sound of something following after me along the trees. I shake my head and just continues running while holding my blade. Kuro! lets just run towards the destination! I call out to my familiar who is right behind me with his wings spread out and flying behind me. I run between trees and down different paths till i don't hear the clicking of the wood again from the legs of the monster going along the tree. I find myself breathing a bit hard from running for several minutes straight glad to be away from the monster in question. Being away allowing me to keep all the health i have along with all the energy i will need to kill the minotaur. Thinking that the beast will be something like a monumental victory since in mythology i remember it being a creature of impressive strength.

I look around and all i can see is the thick mist, and  the outline of trees around me and i quickly realize i have no idea where i am at the moment in terms of being in the forest. Well this is just great. I mutter to myself in annoyance knowing it will take awhile, or just great luck in finding this tomb, and these minotaurs that the game decides to call Hoya's which i can only assume is do to some kind of Copyright laws, or possibly they aren't exactly minotaur's down to the last detail. I just make my way through the forest again being much more careful to stay low, and try to hide if i start hearing any tapping on the wood from these spider mobs that the forest is known for having within it. I continue down my way towards the area where i think i remember hearing the screams that is mentioned in the quest description.

As i slowly make my way through the forest i quickly lose track of time, and get lost in my thoughts. I know i can't hide from these spiders forever since they probably are working together in forming webs to trap any unsuspecting prey in them. Knowing that i have to make it to this tomb quickly to get this quest over with, and make it back to the town and turn it in, and after that not having to deal with this forest ever again. At the very least that is what i hope when i think that. That i will never have to enter this natural maze of a area known as the Wandering Mist Forest. Finding it to be one of the most annoying things ever from having my vision slightly impaired, and having to play hide and seek with giant spiders. I look back and smiles seeing my familiar still safe and sound that being another of my priorities since i don't ever want to lose my precious familiar.

I grin excitedly seeing some stone on the ground along with having some stairs that descend downwards. Seeing this i descend downwards into the tomb knowing that within moments i'll be fighting something based off one of the most famous myths in the world. I can only grin in pure excitement as i see the interior of this tomb. Being made of bricks that are of a beige color. A simple pattern of etchings lining the walls all over. I see that the entrance immediately leads to going left or right with a wall being that is all in front of me. I think and heads towards the right knowing that the direction doesn't mater, but i just prefer going right rather then left. The right side when turning down a area i don't know haven't failed me before, so i trust that it won't fail me now when i go to fight this giant minotaur like creature called the Hoya.

As i make my way down the right side of this hall it eventually leads to a open room with the hoya being inside that. I can see the beast holding his sword, and wearing impressive looking armor. I just hold my blade and grins knowing i'll be coming out on top in this fight against this beast of a monster. Walking down the hall i can only grin as i remember little dreams and fantasies i had of being a superhero, or warrior one day fighting against all the evil monsters of the world. This moment making that feel very much so real in this one moment. I set one foot into the room where the Hoya waits. I hold my sword and shield ready to defend myself. Hoya! This is your last day of living know that Hestia shall end you right here and now. No son of Minos that was spawned fro the Creton bull will live! I say with a grin on my face as the Hoya just roars loudly as it's symbol turns read and its health pops in near it. The monster ready to strike like i am ready to kill.

Hestia: 180/180  Energy: 18/18

Hoya: 45/45  (does 30 damage if it lands a attack)

Edited by Hestia

I look up at the minotaur and holds my blade ready to strike at it. I shift my position slightly so i can have some easy maneuverability when moving around this thing to strike at it and dodge. Knowing that having the smaller height when compared to this will allow me a more likely chance of survival. I bend my legs a little bit before moving forward in a burst of speed heading towards the target as i prep a new sword skill that i have learned through ranking up my weapon.

#89549  BD: 10     MD: 2

I grin as i quickly dance around the larger creature slicing at it in four places. Slicing along it's upper thigh, then its back, then its right arm, and finishing the last strike with it hitting upper chest. The entire time i'm striking at the minotaur the beast is swinging its sword a bit wildly not liking that it hasn't struck me with its blade and that i'm slicing along its body in multiple positions.

Bear Knock: 3(base)+2 (crit)  x 4=20

Hestia: 180/180   Energy: 14/18

Hoya: 25/45

I grin up at the Hoya with a grin on my face as i hold my blade in the position ready to strike it and kill it within this moment. Knowing to do so would require lots of luck on my part. Having to both land this weapon skill, and for it to hit me without doing a crit. Those being the requirements to beat this thing within this one battle. I look up ready to use my Bear Knock weapon skill again to try and land another four hits as i grin knowing this can be the end. The Hoya roars in anger as he swings his blade to try and strike me. As the blade moves towards me i move in remaining a bit close to the ground as i hold my blade going to try and begin my assault by slashing his chest again.

BD: 2    MD: 1

I go to slice at the monster however the slam of the sword beside me causing me to miss my initial strike against the Hoya as i slice at the ground and quickly ducks underneath the beast's legs to get behind it and quickly back pedals away from the beast. I find myself grinning from ear to ear after that. I guess it is true. Minotaurs are very strong creatures. Well then beast lets continue shall we! I say with a grin as i ready for my next strike.

Hestia: 180/180  Energy: 10/18

Hoya: 25/45

I quickly fix my gaze on the beast as i wait for the right time to strike. Remaining where i stand to wait for a chance to hit it. Going back to my first fight against the boars. Waiting for my chance to strike instead of trying to create it. The Hoya stares me down as it picks up its mighty blade. It swings it twice creating a gust of wing that i quickly shield my eyes from as it then charges at me to try and strike me down. The Hoya having no such patience for waiting for the opponent to come to it.

#89554  BD: 9   MD: 10

I look up and quickly moves in for my weapon skill i quickly start dancing around it swinging four times to slice its arm and legs. However, on the last strike on its non sword arm i get smacked in the back by the hilt end of his blade flinging me across the room from the force of the attack. I quickly correct myself by placing my feet against the wall to take the brunt of the damage. I grunt softly as my feet connect to the wall as i quickly push off it to launch myself towards the beast again to hit it.

Bear Knock: 3+1 x4=16 damage

Hoya strike: 30+1-27=4

Hestia: 176/180   Energy: 6/18

Hoya: 9/45

Edited by Hestia

I launch myself towards the beast with a grin on my face knowing this battle will be over soon as long as all goes well with things. I stare the Hoya in the eyes as i find myself moving closer and closer from having pushed off the wall. I prep the same sword skill again knowing that any other would not kill the Hoya, or would waste the remaining energy i have to use sword skills. The Hoya roars in anger do to being damaged so much as it goes to bash my head into the ground.

#89555   BD: 5  MD: 1

i see the swing of the sword come downwards as i quickly use my strikes to push the blade backwards to avoid the strike from hitting me as i tuck and roll underneath the beast coming out on the other side. Holding my blade ready to strike. I look over to my familiar with a grateful look for his boosts in mitigation for me. Allowing me to have the confidence to fight this thing that could otherwise kill me in four attacks.

Hestia: 176/180   Energy: 2/18

Hoya: 9/45

I look the Hoya in the eyes as i grin loving this battle as it feels epic to me. The rush of adrenaline filling my veins from having pulled off some decent maneuvers this fight, and having landed two solid hits against him. I look down to my blade knowing from here on out its basic strikes since otherwise i have no more energy to use and spend. I quickly charge at the Hoya as the beast does the same I quickly slash upwards as the Hoya charges at me while holding his blade.

BD: 9      MD: 7

My blade slashes across his chest as i quickly get charged into and slammed into the wall. I cough a bit from the damage of the strike, but grins as i say. Game over beast. I grin as it dissipates into nothing but crystals. I get out of the wall the Hoya slammed me into holding my chest a bit from just the pain of it. I then blink remembering we're not meant to feel pain and this is just a placebo effect do to expecting pain. i brush the dust off of me and heads towards the inner part of the tomb where the reward for this quest lies and waits for me to claim it.

Normal strike: 3+1(crit)=4 damage

Hoya: 30-27=3 damage

Thorns: 14 damage

Hestia: 173/180  Energy: 2/18

Hoya: 0/45

Edited by Hestia