{F1-PP} Gathering Some More Materials (Pinball, Hei) ~ COMPLETE!

Pinball scurried away on his rump, bumping into Hei's legs. "It's not... It's not gonna bite my hands off or anything, is it?" Pinball stood, and walked back over to the Treasure Chest, examining it from every possible angle. His heart was pounding, and not just from thinking he was going to die ten seconds ago. No, that was still a real possibility. This chest could be one of those mimics he had heard about, that looked and acted much like a regular treasure chest, until the player went to open it... "Give me a moment," Pinball begged, sitting down in front of the chest. He needed a moment to calm down, a moment to think. 

After a minute or two, Pinball sat up in front of the chest's handle. "Here goes nothing. Watch my back, 'kay?" Pinball gripped the latch... pulled it open, and cringed, thinking he was about to get devoured by a wooden box. But nothing happened. "Oh?" A small screen appeared in front of him, informing him that he had opened a treasure chest, and that he had recieved rewards. Filled with excitement, he read it aloud to Hei. "100 Col, 5 Tier 1 Mats,  1 Unidentified Tier 1 Rare Rapier, and 2 Unidentified Tier 1 Rare Consumables!

Opening Treasure Chest: 

Spoiler

ID# 91113 

LD: 15 (Success!) 

Pinball Recieves: 

• {100} Col 
  • {5} Tier 1 Materials 
  • {1} Unidentified Tier 1 Rare Rapier 
  • {2} Unidentified Tier 1 Rare Consumables 

Pinball's Gathered Stuff: 

Spoiler

Pinball's Stuff So Far: 

• {11} T1 Materials 
  • {100} Col 
  • {1} Unidentified Tier 1 Rare Rapier 
  • {2} Unidentified Tier 1 Rare Consumables 

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Pin had caught a treasure chest and not a monster, it seemed he was frightened by it. Hei didn't understand this, but then he remembered some rumours he had heard about terrible mimic monsters that ate players in one bite, and so he began to understand Pins reaction. "Don't worry, it's just a treasure chest, it wont hurt you. And just in case it will, I'll stand here and stab it if anything happens" he tried to reassure his friend.
Standing next to Pin, Hei slowly realized, how terrifying this must be, as all the mobs they would attract would be on Hei's powerlevel and Pin was still way weaker.
-This would have terrified my too, but today I don't really care for something like this- he thought, then Pin finally opened the chest that actually was a treasure chest. He accepted the loot and told Hei what it was. Hei was surprised about all that loot, as he had opened a chest once and there hadn't been much treasure in it. "As I said before, congrats. Looks like you're on the way to not pay drinks today" 

After he had seen, how lucky Pin had been, he wanted to test his own luck, and as he had already gathered a lot around here, Hei went walking down the stream, so Pin would still be able to fish, but he might have a chance of actually finding something. After half an hour of walking, he thought he had seen something wooden like a box, but when he arrived at the place, it was just a rotten tree trunk. "Well, here we can stay for the next hour, it looks like a good place to gather some more" he told Pin.

Spoiler

ID# 91119
Loot: 5+3 = 8 -> no chest found

Edited by Hei

After a while of walking, they finally reached a spot where Hei seemed to be satisfied. The change in scenery was always enjoyable, especially after the scare that had been the finding of the treasure chest. Hopefully materials were in higher supply on this part of the floor, as it seemed that all the mats to be found by the stream had been plucked clean. Pinball couldn't help but notice the distance they had put from any source of water. "Is this just some elaborate ploy to get me away from fishing? Have I been bamboozled?" Pinball, spurred on by his motivation to not pay for drinks, searched for materials anyways. He didn't have the gathering skill, and so he would only find one material for every successful search, but there was no point in crying over things you couldn't change. Pinball's search was immediatly rewarded with a material, gleaming in the sunlight. "Ah, lookie there. If my luck holds out, I might just keep the lead!"

Gathering: 

Spoiler

ID# 91165

LD: 12 +  3 = 15 (Success!) 

1 T1 Material found.

Total T1 Mats: 12 

Edited by Pinball

Hei liked the new place they had walked too, it was a nice foresty part of the floor, but the trees weren't as close together as they had been where they had gathered before, so the sun was shining on him, making him feel warm. There were plenty of places he could find some mats and he wasn't at the stream, but it was close enough for Pin, even though it seemed his pal hadn't found the water yet. When he called out, that it was Hei's plan to not let him fish any more, he was tempted to just go and search for himself, but he couldn't let Pin down, so he told his friend, that the stream was merely 50 metres away. "I don't need to keep you from fishing. I'll win this contest with or without you fishing, so just go ahead and have your fun at the stream" After this, he focussed on collecting some mats for himself, and he soon was able to find a few rare plants to gather.

Spoiler

ID# 91224
Loot: 16+3 = 19 -> CD:4 -> 1+1 bonus T1 mats

Total of: 9 T1 mats found

Edited by Hei

Pinball was going to keep trying to gather normally, but then Hei would have the advantage. When he had brought it up to the man, Hei told him that he would win the contest with or without Pinball's fishing, and that Pinball should go and "have your fun at the stream". Pinball's fist clenched, and his face went bright red. A mix of embarrasement and indignace was what the boy showed, and he exclaimed, "Fine! I think I will!" Pinball ran off the way they had came, opening his menu and materializing his fishing rod as he ran. 

When he finally made it back to the stream, Pinball wasted no time in plopping his "bait" into the water. The boy took a seat in the grass facing the stream, and waited. Before long, he got a bite. Pulling out the rod, a small menu appeared, showing him his rewards. "4 T1 Materials," he breathed, standing up. He grinned then, and said aloud, "Alright, Hei, let's see what you got." Pinball plopped back down into the grass, and through his line back in the water. 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 91229

CD: 11 (4 Materials fished up!) 

Gained 4 T1 Mats. 

Total T1 Mats: 16 

Edited by Pinball

Amused by how easy it was to annoy Pin, Hei couldn't prevent himself from laughing, when Pins head turned bright red. He knew it wasn't nice of him, and that he probably hadn't had a chance of winning the gathering contest, as the fishing skill had brought Pin quite some mats and he had been unlucky for a while now. Once Pin had run of into the distance, he kneeled down and hat a look at some interesting looking minerals he had seen earlier, but on closer inspection he identified them as mere stones without worth. "And here it goes again" he mumbled, annoyed by the fact, that he hadn't found something useful. Walking around, ducked, so he could better see what was on the ground, he went on searching, but there was nothing he could use later. With a deep sigh he let his shoulders sink and shook his head. There was only one thing that could help him now, and that was a short rest. After he had found a mossy place, he laid down and closed his eyes. His thoughts slowly wandered from here to there ...

Spoiler

ID# 91230
Loot: 8+3 = 11 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

Pinball pulled his rod back, and then gently cast the line into the water. The water rippled, and the rings caused by the impact were soon washed away by the rushing water. Pinball waited, crisscrossing his legs. Soon, something pulled at the end of the rod, and Pinball reeled in his catch. His search yielded 3 T1 Materials! He had been gone for a bit now, as fishing took a bit of patience, and so Pinball wasn't at all aware of how many materials Hei had gathered. However, from his time spent with the man, Pinball gathered that Hei wasn't quite so lucky today. Doing a quick count, Pinball confirmed that he had gathered a wopping total of 19 T1 Materials. He figured when he gathered a perfect 25, he would call it a day. Pinball leaned back, placing his fishing rod on the grass beside him. He would fish two more times, and then, after that, he would go straight to normal gathering. He was playing a dangerous game, and the boy wasn't of a mind to play with the devil. 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 91366 

CD: 10 (Success!) 

3 Materials fished up! 

Total T1 Mats: 19 

((OOC NOTE: Apparently my crappy computer rolled twice. Must have been my network or something, idk. The first roll was the one counted in the post, and the second, accidental roll was disregarded.)) 

Edited by Pinball

He must have fallen asleep, as when he woke up, Hei wasn't sure where it was. It was quiet besides the birds songs and the rustling of leaves in the wind and he was lying soft on some kind of mattress. When he turned and opened his eyes, he saw the green of the forest and he quickly remembered, that he was out here on the first floor to gather materials with Pin, whom he couldn't see at the moment. - he probably was bored of me taking a nap and went of to gather on his own. I wonder how long I have been here without doing anything - he thought and then he stretched and stood up. It was time to go and continue the gathering, so he began walking around, but the luck had finally left him for sure, as all he could find was some kind of deer standing on a clearing close by. He wasn't sure, but he equipped his combat gear and got ready to fight it, to maybe find some loot on its dead body.

Spoiler

ID# 91370
Loot: 7 -> nothing found

-3 LD | +3 EVA

Edited by Hei

Pinball, with a small smile on his face, once again cast his line into the water. It wasn't long before he felt a tug on his line, and Pinball reeled it in, his heart doing a bit of a jump as he was notified he had gathered another 4 materials. Nice. Pinball checked the time. Nearly two hours had passed since Hei and Pinball had started gathering. Speaking of Hei, where did he get off to? Pinball shook his head, and, just to make sure the man was still alive, he checked his Guild screen in the menu. Hei's name was still there. Thank God. I wouldn't want to be the one to explain to Stryder. Though I doubt anything on the First Floor would be able to kill him. Pinball dismissed the menu, and leaned back into the grass. He decided he would next gather normally, then fish, then gather normally for the rest of his time out in the field. He had no intention of ruining the string of good luck he has been receiving by getting killed before they split up the loot. That would be... unfortunate. 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 91557

CD: 11 (Success!) 

4 T1 Materials fished up. 

Total T1 Mats Gathered: 20

Edited by Pinball

With his spear in hand, Hei sneaked up at the deer mob, that was just standing there and it seemed, that it hadn't noticed him by the time he was close enough to start a first attack. He launched himself from the bush he was hiding in towards the mob, his spear pointed at the mobs body, but the deer was quicker that he had thought, so it was able to jump out of the spears reach. "Well done, now you will see my true power" he hissed at the deer, that tried to kick him with its hard hooves, but Hei was way to agile to get hit by this attack. He once again launched himself into the air, but this time he used the swordskill called <<Furious Spike>>, which increased his jumps power. He nearly flew over the deer and in the right moment, the glowing spear slid down, digging deep into the deers flesh. The red mark was only of short duration, as the mob dissolved before the weapon was ripped out of it. "This was way to easy, not even a little hard" he mumbled, while he waited for the loot pop-up, but there wasn't going to be one. Once he realized, that SAO might have a system preventing strong players to grind for mats on the low floors by simply oneshotting the weak mobs, he gritted his teeth and growled.

Spoiler

ID# 91559
Battle: 5+3 = 8 -> hit -> 6x9 = 54 dmg -> dead
Mob: 6-3 = 3 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Hei: 460/460 HP | 40/46 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG
Deer: 0/50 HP | 15 DMG Dead

Edited by Hei

Pinball was feeling lucky. He had just fished up 4 materials, and it had come up to a total of 20. He had told himself he would gather the rest of the materials normally... but he was feeling so, so, very lucky. Pinball, throwing caution to the wind, cast his line into the water once more. It wasn't long before he felt the familiar tug on the end of his line. But, there was something different about this one. It felt too heavy to be regular old materials. His heart dropped in his chest. There was no going back now. He pulled with all his strength, and a heavy object landed in front of him with a loud thump. It was another treasure chest! With a nervous chuckle that quickly evolved into hysterical laughter, Pinball shot a quick message to Hei. He crossed his legs and sat in front of the chest, mesmerized by the sight. Two chests. Wow. Who would've thought? 

Spoiler

To: @Hei

Subject: X marks the spot! 

Dude, just fished up another treasure chest. Hurry back! 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 91561

CD: 12 (Success!) 

A Treasure Chest is fished up! 

Edited by Pinball

After he had killed the mob and found out, that he couldn't gather mats by killing mobs down here, he was ready to leave the forest and make his way back to town. He was sure Pin had already found a way more mats than he had, and so he was ready to pay the drinks, when he realized that he did not know where exactly Pin was. He couldn't leave with pin being out here, so he began walking around looking for his pal, but he was not able to find him. Instead he stumbled over a strange looking root and when had a closer look, he realized, that it wasn't a simple root, but it was a bundle of mats. happy to have found something he put them into the inventory and just when he had closed the menu the bell sound told him that he got a message. Opening the menu again, he was a message with the subject: X marks the spot. Not sure what it was, he opened it and it was Pin telling him, that he had found another chest. - Well, this dude is way to lucky. He should definitely stop fishing before something really bad happens - Hei thought and used the map data to find his way back to Pin. "Yeah, I see you got lucky today, or maybe your just a pirate in disguise and you hid them right there" he joked.

Spoiler

ID# 91562
Loot: 15 -> found mats
CD: 4 -> 1 bonus -> 2 mats found

Total of: 11 T1 mats found

Edited by Hei

Pinball laughed. "Maybe I am a pirate," he said, opening the chest. Crunch!  Long, white, jagged teeth appeared where the inside of the chest should be. The mimic bit down hard on Pinball's arm, chipping a few points away from his health. "Ow! Damn it-" the boy exclaimed, yanking his arm out from the inside of the chest. Long, thin, red pixelated scratches ran down his arm. "Maybe this is a sign," Pinball chuckled nervously to Hei. The mimic was only as strong as a mob could be on this floor, and since both he and Hei were overleveled for the first floor, the monster wasn't particularly strong. Nonetheless, Pinball stumbled behind Hei, yanking his dagger out of its scabbard. In the rare case Hei wasn't able to kill it, Pinball would be ready to back it up. "I think we should call it a day, yeah?" 

Pinball's Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 10 | HP: 200 | EN: 20 | MIT: 9 | DMG: 3

Equipped: 

• Plain Leather Armor: 9 MIT {1 Slot} 
  • Cloak of the Harbingers: +3 LD {3 Slots} 
  • Emerald Shiv: +1 DMG, +1 ACC {2 Slots} 

Skills: 

• Dagger Skill ~ Rank 1
  • Fishing 

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• {5} Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality ~ +40 HP

Treasure Chest: 

Spoiler

ID# 91563

LD: 3 (Fail!) 

A mimic appears!

Combat: 

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 91564

BD: (*skip turn) MD: 8 (Hit!)

Mimic attacks Pinball for 15 - 9 = 6 Dmg!

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

Mimic: HP 50/50 / 15 DMG

- Players -

{H:0} Pinball: HP 194/200 / EN 20/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT 

{H:0} Hei: ????

Edited by Pinball

Hei was joking with Pinball, as they both said, that he might be a pirate with all the chests he had found today when Pin tried to open the chest. It sprung open easily, but instead of a loot pop-up sharp tooth appeared in the opening and the chest that was a mimic attacked him. It bit into Pins arm, damaging him a little, as the armour and his high base HP made it hard for the mob to really do anything bad. Pinball then stumbled behind Hei, who quickly stepped closer, his spear already glowing from him charging a swordskill. He was about to use a skill he had never used, so he was really excited to see how it would do. The spear stoke in a wide arc and it looked like it just barely touched the mimic, but the broad red mark and it exploding told otherwise. After the swordskill had stopped the spear still glowed in a dark crimson red, as the cursed weapon had absorbed the poor mimics life force . "Yeah, you're right, maybe we should call it a day and make our way back to the tavern. After gathering out here I could use some good music and some drinks. So how many mats did you gather today, or should we wait till we are at the tavern to have a look at that?"

Spoiler

ID# 91682
Battle: 9 -> crit -> 9+1 = 10 * 10 = 100 DMG -> dead

Stats:
Mimic: 0/50 HP | 15 DMG dead
Hei: 460/460 HP | 35/46 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG
Pinball: 194/200 HP | 20/20 Energy | 9 MIT | 3 DMG | 1 ACC

Edited by Hei

"Yeah," Pinball agreed as Hei obliterated the Mimic. "Maybe it's best if we just head back to Town." As Hei asked how many Materials Pinball had gathered, the boy cast one last look at the stream's edges, and a glimmer in the grass caught his eye. "Hold that thought," Pinball laughed, bending over and collecting the material. "Let's wait until we get back to the tavern," Pinball said with a sly smile, "I'll let your imagination run wild for a bit, yeah?" Pinball laughed, turned, and started walking towards the Town they had first met up at. "Man, I sure am thirsty.

After a bit of a walk, Pinball stopped. "Here we are," he said, spinning around to face Hei. "We're back. Damn, that was fun, wasn't it?" Pinball thought for a bit, and then asked, "Actually, do you know any place we can get those drinks? I haven't really looked around much, for all the time I've spent here." 

Gathering: 

Spoiler

ID# 91688 

LD: 18 (Success!) 

1 T1 Material Gathered. 

Total T1 Mats Gathered: 21

Edited by Pinball

The mimic hadn't been a problem for him, and so he hadn't really cared how powerful the attack was, but it sure surprised him to see the strength of his own attacks. Quickly after that, Pin agreed with them leaving the forest for once and returning to the town of beginning to take the break they had earned. Hei already knew, that Pin had more, but he was really interested in how many mats he had been able to gather and when Pin just walked over to the stream to find another one he was visibly annoyed with his pal having so much more luck than he had. On the hole way back to town he thought about how effective the fishing skill had been today, and he was wondering, if he should get it for himself.

Once they arrived at the towns outskirts Pin stopped and asked him, if it had been fun and even without being super successful Hei was satisfied with their gathering. "It wasn't really what I would call fun, but it was way better than going out alone, that's for sure" he replied and waited for Pin to lead on, but the boy wouldn't move, but ask him, if he knew any good place to get some drinks. "Of course I know exactly what we are looking for. Have you ever heard of <<the gorgeous Tortoise>>?"  he asked his friend. In case of Pin not knowing it, Hei will lead them towards the pub.

"The... The Gorgeous Tortoise," Pinball breathed, a smile creeping onto his face. "That's... That's funny, isn't it?" Pinball smiled, greatly amused. "Well," he said aloud, placing his hands on his hips. "I've never heard of it, actually," the boy said, looking back at the streets of the town. "You-you can lead us, right?" Pinball stuffed his hands in his pockets, and then looked up at the sky. The sun had moved quite a bit since they had gone out gathering. He checked the top corner of his HUD, and verified that nearly two hours had gone past since they had started, though it had felt like it lasted much, much longer. Pinball coughed, taking one last look at Hei before turning. One day, Pinball would reach this guys level. Pinball wanted to be able to say he had surpassed his guild members. He wanted to be stronger... at least to the point where he could look after himself. He didn't particularly enjoy hanging out with people, but Hei had been good company. "Yeah," he said, kicking the ground. "Lead the way, man.

Hei had just asked Pin about the tavern they would visit, when he started grinning by just hearing the name. - I would say, that answers my question- he thought and a smile appeared on his face too. "It might be funny, depends on what you would declare as funny. I have to say, the tortoise really is gorgeous and one shouldn't laugh about it." he told his friend. When Pinball then asked him to lead the way, as he didn't know where to go, Hei simply started walking, leading them trough narrow alleys and over one or two big plazas until the finally reached their destination. In front of them was a three story brick house with a wooden balcony. It looked very welcoming, and it had a small sign over it's decorated entrance. The door was a symbolic painting of a tortoise with the name of the pub written beneath it. "Here we are, the gorgeous Tortoise. And don't forget, the tortoise doesn't like it if you laugh at it" he said with a wink.

The inside of the tavern looked like it came out of an adventure story. There was a fireplace burning and a few people had hanged their cloth to try. The dim light that was emitted by the fireplace and a few tallowcandles didn't even reach the corners of the room, but the smoke made it hard to breath. There were multiple tables with benches next to it, but most of them were filled with adventurous looking NPCs  or other players. Behind the counter there was a bold man, who looked as if he could throw out a giant if he ever had to. The man was cleaning a mug with a probably dirty rag. But there was one thing in this room that made it look really strange. There was a fish tank that was so high, it went through the buildings stories and within this tank, there was a gorgeous looking dragon tortoise.

"Wow," was all Pinball was able to say. The tavern seemed to jump straight out of a fantasy novel, what with the rugged Bartender, the fireplace, the dim lighting. It was what Pinball had originally gotten the game to do; experience first hand what it would be like to live in a fantasy world. But the thing that impressed him the most was the giant tank, and the huge tortoise inside of it. "Well... now I understand the name," he laughed, taking a few steps further into the tavern. "We just sit anywhere?" Most of the benches were filled with NPCs and players alike, and Pinball didn't know the tavern's policy on seating. He remembered restaurants from his childhood where you would have to wait for a server to seat you. He had never been to a tavern, not in real life nor in-game. Pinball swiped open his menu, ensuring that he hadn't lost any of the materials he had painstakingly gathered. They were to be split down the middle, so he only hoped Hei had gathered a decent amount of materials as well... but, by the sounds of things, Hei had been very unlucky during the expedition. "So uhh... Wha- Where do we sit?

Hei was more or less a regular in this tavern, so he was amused by Pins facial expression. He could see his guild mate was really impressed with what he saw, and shortly after that, he also saw and heard that he had not been in many taverns since he had been here in SAO. "Well, we could just sit down anywhere, but I have a better Idea" he said, when Pin asked him, where they would sit. After making sure that Pin would follow him, he barged his way through the crowd of people that sat and stood close to the counter and the stair to the second floor and lead them to a table that was going around the tank. A few NPCs were sitting there, but Hei knew them and so he simply sat down. "What do you say, is this a good place to sit?" When one of the rough and adventuring looking men turned to them and asked, what they were up to, Hei told them that hey were here to have some drinks to celebrate their return from a gathering trip. With that said, he ordered the firs round of drinks, for both of them and the four NPCs closest to them.