{F1-PP} Gathering Some More Materials (Pinball, Hei) ~ COMPLETE!

Pinball took a deep breath, and took in the First Floor's landscape. It was 12:30 in the afternoon, and Pinball had decided to, once again, start gathering. In general, the boy hated gathering, as he had a severe lack of talent for it, and, well, it was just boring. Pinball started walking, then stopped. He recalled Stryder telling him something about the Gatherer Skill, and that the guild's Tailor, Hei, and Blacksmith, Eatos, were in possession of it. For that reason, it seemed reasonable to at least invite them over to gather with him. He hadn't yet gone into a profession, but he had intentions to become a cook, and he suspected that he could learn something about shopkeeping and gathering from one of the crafters. Mustering up the courage, he opened his menu, went to the guild section, and sent a message to Hei, asking if he wanted to come gathering with him. Pinball let out a pent up breath as the message sent. He really expected him to turn him down, and that was something Pinball would be able to expect, though it would be a bit embarrasing. 

Spoiler

Yo, @Hei. It's Pinball. We talked a bit between orders, and I recall you saying something about going out gathering with ya. You up for that? 

-Pinball 

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hei had been up early today, so most of his work was already done when a message from Pinball arrived with a bell sound. He was surprised to get messaged, as nothing within the guild was planned for today and he rarely got messaged from anyone except Stryder, who regularly sent him invites to go and adventure. So when opening the menu and seeing that the message was not from Stryder, but from Pinball he quickly opened to read what it was about, as he suspected that there was an emergency.
When he read, that Pinball was just asking, if he would like to join for a day of gathering he was relieved tat there was nothing wrong with his guildmate. - Well, I could really have a break from all this crafting, so why not meeting with Pinball -  he thought, before getting ready to meet him. Once he was ready, he realized that Pin hadn't told him where they could meet, so he opened the message tab of the menu and answered:

Spoiler

Hei, @Pinball. I think this is a good Idea, I can come over to where ever you would like and we can gather a few materials. Have been crafting this morning and it didn't went as well as hoped, so I might need a few more mats to finish your order.

Spoiler

Hei: 420/420 HP | 42/42 Energy | +3 ACC | 9 base DMG | +3 LD
OHAS Rank 5 | Gatherer | Survival
Armour with +3 EVA in inventory (switched with cloak for +3 LD)

Edited by Hei

Pinball slapped himself upside the head, turning bright red. How could I forget the Floor number? Jesus Christ, talk about priorities. Either way, he had accepted Pinball's request, and for that, he was relieved. Hei is like a super high level, right? Right up there with Stryder? I wonder. At this small realization, many questions for the man popped into his mind. He would have to ask him some of them soon, probably to pass the time, since Material Gathering got super boring. Pinball equipped <Cloak of the Harbingers>, and sat down, opening his menu. As he typed his message, he prayed that his luck with gathering didn't turn out too much like last time. He sent the message, telling Hei his location and what floor he was on. "Alright, cool," he said, leaning back. He should be here soon. Until then, Pinball would sit on the grass, watching the clouds drift lazily by. 

Spoiler

Glad you can join me! I'll be on Floor One, just outside the Town of Beginnings. We'll just be gathering some T1 Mats, if you don't mind. 

Shortly after he had replied to Pinballs message, he got Pins answer, containing the information he needed. As this was going to be a gathering tour on the first floor felt save enough to not equip his armour, and instead he took out the Harbingers Cloak and put it on. - Ok, with it's enhancement, it should be easier to find some mats once I am with Pinball - he thought. When he was ready he left the hanger and locked the door, also setting up a sing that told everyone that he would be closed till the day after.

Enjoying the sun on his little tour through the town of beginnings, Hei tried to remember what he knew about Pinball. - I think he is in the lower levels, maybe five or six, but I am not sure about it. I know that he has a cloak from the harbingers, just as I have, and he ordered light armour, so he probably is a damage dealer. If he has a profession, I don't know what, but there will be time to find out - this little of information was all he knew about Pinball. Realizing that he knew so little, he made it his goal for today to learn a little about him, as he wanted to know more about his guild members. Soon he arrived at the gate that lead out of town and he left the save zone. not far away, he saw Pinball sitting in the grass and walked towards him, waving and yelling: "Hey Pinball, I've arrived!"

"Oh, Hei, what's up!" Pinball stood, wiping his pants out of habit. "Glad you can make it, man," he said to him, putting his hands on his hips. "It really does suck to gather alone, doesn't it?" Pinball thought back to his first time gathering, and how long it had took, and how he had only ended up finding 15 T1 Materials. He hoped that with Hei, he would have better luck. Maybe the mere presence of the Gathering skill in action would rub off on Pinball, and he'd be more lucky with his findings. At least that's what he hoped. So far, the whole gathering process had just been failure, failure, success, failure, failure, success and so on. It was a really monotonous process, one that the teenager had little patience for. Plus, Pinball usually felt like blowing his brains out halfway through it. He took a look out at the open plains and hills of the First Floor, the view from where they stood, then back at Hei. "Well," Pinball let out, having finished his greetings, "you ready to get to it? I'll let you take the lead."

• 3 weeks later...

"Nothing much, was just crafting in the shop when your message arrived. You know, the armour you ordered, but till now, I hadn't have much luck with the materials I used. So it's good to be here and do some gathering with you." then he stood beside Pinball and when he said, that gathering alone sucked, he just nodded his head. He thought of his many ventures out into the first floor, crouching on the floor, to find some of the rare minerals one could find here.

Finally Pinball said, that he would let him have the lead and so Hei took a deep breath in preparation to what would come and started walking out into the fields of the first floor. He loved the sun and the light breeze that always was cooling him down when he was walking on this floor. The grass was way to green for some normal land, but it looked just right for here and so he ventured of into the fields, to where the hills began. Once there, he opened the menu and changed a some details in his equipment, unequipping his armour and equipping the cloak that would enhance his senses. The moment he had equipped it, Hei's vision became clearer and he was able to see a flock of plants that didn't look like normal grass. When he arrived at the plants, he saw that they were cotton flowers and he quickly plucked some of them. "Hey Pin, you see that, I'm getting lucky already"

-3 EVA | +3 LD

Spoiler

ID# 90569
Loot: 20+3 = 23 ->
Craft: 9 -> 2 bonus mats -> 3 T1 mats found

Edited by Hei

Hei already gathered materials. And it didn't look like just one of them, he picked up three. Three. Pinball whistled, impressed. "Well, that's certainly an impressive little skill you got there." He thumped his chest with a fist, smiling in a cocky manner. "Well, Papa Pinny doesn't need a fancy skill to pick stuff up. Watch and learn, nerd!" Pinball started to run off, only to trip, stumble, and ultimately fall. He picked himself up quickly, his face as red as the system could process. "That was intentional." He walked back over to see what had tripped him. It was a material. "Ha! See that? I'm like, a cool guy or somethin'." He pocketed the material. "Rad." Pinball opened his menu, and stopped, slapping his hand against his forehead. "Oh yeah! I had picked up this Fishing skill thing, not too long ago. But it can only be used near water, and there's always a chance you get attacked by monsters. I can't really do it by myself, since my damage is crap. You mind if we start heading to like, a stream or something? I'm sure there's something of the likes around here." Pinball closed his menu, then, with a sheepish smile, asked, "Hey, about the materials we're gathering. Are we like, splitting everything down the middle? Or is it more of a 'keep what you catch' thing?" Pinball shook his head, not wanting to be misunderstood as greedy. "Just curious, is all.

Gathering: 

Spoiler

ID# 90820

LD: 16+3= 19 (Success!) 

1 T1 Material Gathered. 

Total T1 Mats: 1

Edited by Pinball

Hei was looking over to Pinball, who had just seen how he had found his mats and complimented his gathering skill, just to more or less challenge Hei to a duel of gathering mats, when he told him, that didn't need any fancy skills for it. "Ok, we'll see, how well you can do. Let's make it a duel and the one who gathers less mats today will have to pay the drinks this evening." Hei proposed. Then he saw how Pin running off and falling to the ground. Pins reaction to this was like a little kid, explaining that what ever it had done wrong was the real intention. Smiling, Hei walked away from Pin to look for some more mats of his own, but it seemed, as if there wasn't anything close by, and as he wasn't going to move away to far, he wouldn't find anything at the moment.

When he came back to Pin, he told Hei, that he had picked up the fishing skill not to long ago, and that he would like to try it, but that there was a chance of attracting monsters he couldn't fight alone, so he asked if they could look for some stream or something so he could use his skill. Hei wasn't sure how this would end, but it was a skill he never had, and so he was curious how it would work out. "Ok, I know a stream that shouldn't be to far away, and it even ends in a small lake where you should be able to catch some fish." he said, walking in the direction the stream should be. While walking Pin asked, if they would split the mats they found or if everyone would take what he found. "That's a good question, I wouldn't mind if we just pool it all and split it even, later when we return to the town"

Spoiler

ID# 90833
Loot: 4+3 = 7 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

Pinball took a wild look around, hoping to find a material he may have missed, but found nothing. Pinball laughed then, putting on the same false bravado he had worn when he tripped over his material. Snapping his fingers in a finger-gun motion, Pinball told Hei, "Heh, so you wanna go against the master? Well, watch and learn, maybe It'll teach you a thing or two." Pinball thumped his fist on his chest, and screeched, "We was kaaaangz!" He then spun around, took two, long steps forward, then turned back to Hei. "Oh yeah," he muttered, regaining a shred of normality, "about the fishing thing. There's a chance I reel in monsters, and, if worse comes to worse, even a boss monster. Higher level monsters are attracted to people with higher levels. So, it'll probably be super dangerous if we get unlucky. I don't think I'd survive too long in a fight, unless you can take care of it quick... how's your damage output?" Pinball wanted to go fishing, but some things weren't worth doing if it meant his life. He scratched the back of his head, and asked, "You still up for it?"

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID# 90913 

LD: 3+3=6 (Fail)

No T1 Materials Found. 

Total T1 Mats: 1

Edited by Pinball

Pinball was in for their challenge, so Hei was eager to find more mats than his mate would. He was sure it wasn't to much of a challenge after all, as he had the gatherer skill, which allowed him to find multiple mats at once, but there still was Pin's fishing skill, that could lead to him catching many mats also. It seemed that Pin wasn't lucky either, as he walked around and obviously covered it by playing cool kid. Then, after he stared walking towards where they were heading, he asked Hei again, if he was sure about the fishing, even with the chance of reeling in strong monsters that might be dangerous to both of them. "You know, my damage should be high enough, at least against normal mobs, but I have never seen a boss monster from fishing, so I can just hope that I can defeat one. But I believe that you'll be fine, and in case of an emergency, you can still try and run away"  he hoped that non such emergency would appear, and everything would work out just fine. Then he turned his attention towards the small stream that was somewhere in the forest ahead of them. He couldn't see it at the moment, bit he already heard the water's soft babbling. Sharpening his vision, he saw trees and a collection of plants, that looked like they were gatherable, but when he arrived at them, he saw that someone else had plucked what was useful before him.

Spoiler

ID# 90925
Loot: 8+3 = 11 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

The stream's soft bubbling was soon heard by the party. Filled with renewed vigor, Pinball rushed past the trees, where he arrived at the riverbank. "Hei, look! It's deep enough to fish in!" Pinball excitedly opened up his menu, sifted through his inventory, and materialized his fishing rod. It wasn't particularly fancy, just a plain wooden rod that looked like the boy had whittled it himself. Pinball closed his menu, and jumped to the side, facing the stream. "Alright Poseidon, take it easy on me..." Pinball cast the line, and the hook submerged, where it sat under the water for a while, motionless. Then, the hook suddenly became visible under water, as it started to glow a faint blue. "Oh, something's biting!" The boy exclaimed, and he reeled in his catch in a wide swing inwards. A small menu appeared in front of him, informing Pinball of the results. "Well well well, I think that puts me ahead of ya. I now have myself 4 T1 Materials. How many do you have again," Pinball teased with a sly smile. "I can taste that drink already. I wonder what I should get." 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 90930 

CD: 10 (3 Materials fished up!)

3 T1 Mats found.

Total T1 Mats: 4 

Edited by Pinball

It was kind of depressing, that even though Aincrad was so big, there was someone who had just been here and plucked the plants he was looking for. Looking back up, he saw Pinball, who excitedly told him, that the water was deep enough around here, so he could use this new skill of him. The fishing rod Pin took from his inventory looked super simple, but he had just started using the skill, so it would be fine He thought. After Pin had gotten the hook into the water nothing happened and so Hei went on, looking for mats on his own. When he saw something shiny in the water, he bent over to take a closer look, when he slipped and fell into the stream. Screaming from shock and the cold water, he hit the water with his arms, then he stood up and walked out of the stream. - Damn, I haven't found anything and am wet. I am really lucky today - he thought and heard Pin in this moment, telling him that he caught some fish and that he had gathered more mats now.

Spoiler

ID# 90931
Loot: 1 +3 = 4 -> found nothing

Edited by Hei

Pinball laughed as Hei stepped out of the stream, soaking wet. "Aw dude, how'd you manage to do that?" It wasn't a mean laugh, it was really one of genuine enjoyment. He felt at ease around Hei. The man was surprisingly easy-going, something Pinball appreciated with all of the psychopaths and idiots running around the game now. "Ah, check it," Pinball called out, reeling in another material. "That makes five!" Pinball's success was making him uncomfortable. He knew that, if he kept fishing, he would soon enough reel in something that could easily kill him. Especially with Pinball's luck, he would soon be met with consecutive failure... at least, that's what the pattern seemed to be with him. Success, success, fail, fail, fail, success, success, he recalled from his time spent gathering alone. He decided to share his concerns with Hei. "Hey man, I'm not gonna keep fishing the entire time. I'll do maybe... three more attempts, and then it's back to normal gathering for me. I'm not in the mood to die today, y'know?" Then, he added with his previous joking tone, "let's just hope I reel in enough mats to keep me ahead of you, eh? It wouldn't do to lose the lead now.

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 90932

CD: 6 (1 Material fished up!) 

1 T1 Mat found.

Total T1 Mats: 5 

Edited by Pinball

Out of the water, Hei shook himself like a dog and drops of water flew around him. Once his Hair was not dripping wet any more, he replied to Pins question of how he had managed to do it with an ironic tone "You know, it's pretty easy. You just lean in to far and when the stone you're standing on is wet, it does all the work for you" then he started laughing. After he overcame the laughing, Hei was ready to have another attempt at finding something helpful, but before he could really start looking, Pin reeled in another mat. - Oh man, that fishing is pretty effective, I hope I can gather some mats so i don't have to pay for our drinks- he thought.

Now Hei was ready to hunt for some mats, so he once again sharpened his senses and had a look at the forest he was standing in, if he would walk away from the stream, he might have better chances to find something, but on the other hand he wouldn't be able to protect Pin in case of him attracting a monster. He had already told him, that he wouldn't continue fishing for long, as he was to decrease the risk of monsters to be attracted, but Hei was still gonna stay close just in case. He hadn't gone far, when he saw a small animal running into a hollow tree and when he looked into it, he saw that there was a collection of different mats, probably  brought there by the small animal. He picked up four different mats and sighed. "I think you already lost your lead, pal"

Spoiler

ID# 90968
Loot: 15+3 = 18 -> found mats
Craft: 12 -> +3 bonus mats

3+4 T1 mats = 7 T1 mats total

Edited by Hei

Pinball again cast his line into the water, with a smile on his face. Hei had a sense of humor, too, as it would seem. Lovely. The scene was so relaxing for him, he couldn't help but take a seat in the soft grass as he fished. "This is pretty fun, huh? Gathering materials is just so dull alone. Why would you even want to do it solo?" Pinball's line started to glow a faint blue again, signalling that something had bitten his rod. However, when he pulled the line up, there was nothing on the end of it. "Ah man, now you're in the lead!" Pinball punched the grass next to him, but he couldn't stop grinning. He was enjoying himself too much. "Only thing that could ruin this moment would be if I pulled up a monster or something," Pinball muttered in a stale tone. He placed his fishing rod to the side, and lie on his back, watching the clouds roll past through the tree branches. "Ahh, nothin' like quite like it. Even if it is all virtual, nothing beats layin' down, and just.. relaxing. It really is quite lovely." Pinball would lie there for a while, his eyes slowly closing. He wasn't asleep, rather, enjoying the serenity of the scene. 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 90975

CD: 4 (Nothing fished up.) 

No Materials Gathered. 

Total T1 Mats: 5 

Edited by Pinball

"So Pin, how do you like your new skill so far? I think it's exciting to to use it, but you are right about the risks of it. Maybe you should go and gather the old fashioned way" he told his pal with a smile, when he reeled in the line and nothing was gained from it. "And to answer your question, I believe most people just go mat hunting alone, as many don't have friends they would take to something boring like that and so they don't even think about that it could be way less boring if one isn't alone." This said, Hei left Pin alone, as he laid down and was just enjoying his relaxing time.  - While he is relaxing, I can use my chance and increase the lead over him, but he is quite right, I might take a pause soon, too -
A bit away from Pin, Hei went trough a couple bushes, searching for useful materials, but there was nothing of interest. Returning to Pinball, he laid down too, closed his eyes and just enjoyed the stream babbling and the sun shining on his face.

Spoiler

ID# 91008
Loot: 6+3 = 9 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

Pinball yawned. "Yeah, I get what you mean. If it's boring by yourself, who would even consider doing it with somebody? Point taken." Pinball rolled over, stretching. He hadn't been lying there for very long, but it felt wrong to lie around while Hei slaved away with material gathering. Plus, he wasn't in the mood to pay for drinks. Pinball decided to answer Hei's question about the fishing skill before getting up. 

"I'm liking it pretty well, for the most part. But there's always this underlying fear, especially when you're with someone who's a higher level. There's always a chance, the smallest chance, that instead of reeling in riches, you reel in some giant boss monster that'll leave you in the red, sprawled out against a tree, and gasping for air. But other than that, it really is fun stuff." 

Pinball, attempting to stand up, pushed himself onto all fours. With a giant yawn he opened his eyes, and was met with a flattened material where he had just been lying. "Oh, sweet. Still behind, I think," he called out to Hei, "but this'll help me out. I hope you don't find anything!~" He finished his sentence musically, and, putting the material away, he stood, with one last final stretch and a grunt. "I'll get back to fishin' in a bit." 

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID# 91075 

LD: 17+3= 20 (Found material!) 

1 T1 Material Gathered. 

Total T1 Mats: 6 

Edited by Pinball

Hei had just found a good spot for his break, when he heard a rustling from where Pin had been lying, and when he opened his eyes to take a look, he saw that he had turned around and was looking for some mats just where he was. His friend had just told him, how he liked the fishing skill, but how there always was the fear of fishing a boss mob, which would be a a close to death thing. Hei understood Pins feelings, as he would have gone the way to, if he had known of the skill, but he was a gatherer now, and it worked out pretty well till now. "You know, I might just take a nap, and see what ya found after, but I think you'll pay me drinks, so I can take my break later." he said and laughed. When Pin then found something, Hei was inspired to search for a few more mats himself, and with way to much willpower he was able to get back up. - Wow, i hadn't realized that I was that sleepy, I'll take my break after I found my next mats - he thought, while wandering around. His eyes were small and his vision blurred a few times, so he sat back down and blinked a few times.

Spoiler

ID# 91083
Loot: 7+3 = 10 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

Pinball saw that Hei wasn't having much luck with his gathering. This is my chance to get ahead, Pinball thought excitedly. Pinball hopped down to where the stream was, and pulled out his Fishing Rod. "I refuse to pay for drinks! I refuse!" the boy shouted, casting his line. He waited. And waited. And waited some more. Then, he felt the familiar tug that accompanied a pull. Pinball started to pull it out, but the object he was fishing up wouldn't budge. Immediatly, Pinball's heart dropped in his chest. "Hei... Hei! Get your weapon!" There was no turning back now, and Pinball pulled with all of his might, hoping to pull out what he believed to be a wicked monster, so that he could get it over with. And, suddenly, the object budged. Pinball, knocked off balance by the sudden release of force, stumbled backwards and landed on his rump. Pinball's fishing rod was pulled out of his grip, and Pinball covered his face with his hands, bracing himself for the impact of some sort of gnarly weapon that would put his HP in the red. 

A treasure chest landed with a loud thump directly in front of him. 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 91111

CD: 12 (Treasure Chest fished up!!) 

1 Treasure Chest fished up. 

Edited by Pinball

He hadn't really sat down, when he heard Pin walking down to the stream and yelling that he wouldn't pay for drinks, followed by the splash sound of something landing in the water. - Of course he is using his fishing skill to overtake me. But I'll find more mats than him, that's sure - he thought and stood back up. His dizziness had gone and he was ready to gather some more materials. Interestingly enough, he didn't hear Pin pulling it back out of the water, so it seemed that no fish was gonna bite, which allowed him to have a decent look at some of the close by bushes, but there was nothing there. When he decided, that now was the time to move on and leave this place he had already gathered empty, he heard splashing and Pin telling him to get his weapon ready. Quickly he ran over to the fishing boy and grabbed his spear, ready to attack what ever his pal would pull out of the water. When it flew out, Pin fell to the ground, and so He was the first one to see, what he had caught. "Congrats, buddy, you got yourself a treasure chest. And please don't scare me like this"

Spoiler

ID# 91112
Loot: 10+3 = 13 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei