{F1-PP} Stabbing Stuff to Pass the Time (Pinball, Fae)

Pinball once again set foot to the ground of the first floor, a large expanse of plains and woods. He equipped his dagger, and seeing as he didn't yet have his shield from Eatos, he equipped his <Cloak of the Harbingers> as well. It wouldn't hurt to gather mats out here either, he decided, once again taking in the scene before him. His goal for today was to fight mobs for loot, and for that, he would probably need help. It wasn't easy acknowledging this, put he put it aside. I'll have my rapier soon, with my shield and my armor. Then, I'll be really strong, and I'll be able to demolish F1 mobs. But, until then... He opened his menu, scrolling down to guild, and clicked on Fae, one of the many people he hadn't had time to meet properly. This is the nine year old, right? Well, couldn't hurt to be social. Just watch out for her, he finished, sending the message. "Alright," he said out loud, sitting on the ground with a thump. "And now, we wait."

Spoiler

Heyyo, @Fae, Pinball here. We haven't talked much, but I'm trying to get to know my guild members. Turns out, you're today's lucky winner. You wanna come down to Floor One and kill some mobs with me? It'll be fun. I'll even take the hits, so you can just attack 'em without worrying about getting hurt. 

Fae had just left the snowy plains of Floor 4 like she usually did when she received a message from Pinball. She didn't really know him yet, so this seemed like the perfect opprotunity to get to do that. Fae headed for the floor teleporter and teleported to Floor 1. 

Fae stepped out of the teleporter and headed for the vast plains outside of town. Because they would be fighting mobs, Fae equipped her <Divine Dragon's Cloak>, just to make the whole thing a lot easier. Fae looked across the fields trying to spot where Pinball might be. As usual, there were a few boars roaming around, but they never attacked right away, so it was safe to walk around. After a few seconds, Fae spotted the black haired player she was looking for. "Hey hey! Mister Pinball! Fae is here!" Fae called out as she ran in his direction, before stopping right in front of him. Pinball was practically as tall as Fae when he was sitting, so Fae didn't have to look up for now.

@Pinball

"Hey hey! Mister Pinball! Fae is here!" The girl had run right up in front of him, announcing that she was here. He stood, smiling. "Quite the entrance," he observed, taking note of the baggy cloak she was wearing. Hope she has some good enchantments on that thing, he thought passively. "Well, well, well," he said, taking on the voice of a drill seargeant, "Look who's finally shown up. I've called you here today for a special mission." He paused, both for effect, and to make sure the girl was listening. "Today, we will be hunting down the ferocious Black Boars, who are known to have quite the appetite for little girls." He thumped his chest. "But fear not! Together, we can make quick work of these enemies, and then we can all go home with our pockets a bit heavier." He noticed that he towered over her, so he crouched, to look her in the eye. "There will be no lollygagging, and there will be no heroics. If things turn South, we run, and that's that. Stay behind me, and focus on attacking. Our goal for today is to defeat 10 Black Boars. Do I make myself clear, Cadet?" He stood again, and regained his usual voice. "Well, let's get to it then," he said happily, looking down at Fae. "This'll be fun for sure, don't stress too much, 'kay?"

Fae smiled and then saluted when Pinball took up the drill seargeant voice. "Fae is ready for any special mission sir!" Fae declared as she lowered her hand from the salute. Pin had a good drill seargeant voice, and it was hard not to laugh at that. Fae liked hearing people do impressions, and Pin's was pretty good.

When Pin said that the boars had an appetite for little girls, Fae thought back to the first time she had fought boars. It was scary, and she had nearly gotten killed, but now Fae was stronger than before, and no boar was going to stop her this time. "Fae will do her best mister Pinball! Loud and clear!" Fae responsed, before laughing a little bit more. She opened her menu and took out her dagger. It was still the starting one, as she had yet to buy an enhanced one, so this was a perfect chance for Fae to work up some col to get a new dagger.

@Pinball

She has a dagger, he noticed. I can't wait to get rid of mine, actually. But he didn't say that. If she was comfortable with a dagger, that was all her. Plus, it suited her. "Alright," he said, "let's go. The Black Boars are a little ways." He started walking, checking to see if she was following. "Say, how did you get wrapped up in this whole game thing," he asked, curious. "I mean, you're so young, what made you come here?" He was only trying to make conversation, but a small part of him was worried he would offend her in some way. She's only nine, he told himself. Damn smart for a nine-year-old, another part said. Naive, but smart for her age. 

Soon enough, the two came upon their first Black Boar. The snorting beast was double the size of a standard boar, with tusks sharp as knives and the attitude of a hurricane. He unsheathed his dagger, but they were far enough away that the boar didn't immediatly aggro. "Here's the plan," he said, looking back at Fae. "I'll stun it, then you go in for an attack. We'll repeat that as much as possible, Eventually, I'll have to start using Round Accel instead, so it'll be fighting back a bit more. I'll take the hits, so stay behind me. If it gets to the point where my health is terribly low, then, and only then, feel free to jump ahead. I'll attack when you're ready, just give me the go-ahead."