[PP-F1] Gathering in the Forest

Vigilon was walking in the Town of Beginnings, preparing to head out. He usually found players near the walls, inside and out of the safe zone. Veriost, his familiar, was asleep on his shoulder as usual. The small white frost dragon, as usual, was nudged awake by Vigilon's finger. "It wouldn't hurt to meet new people, Veriost. Do you always have to sleep?" "Hfff." "You always give me that. are you really tired, or do you just not care until you're suddenly interested?" Veriost rolled her eyes, and promptly fell back asleep. He decided to remain near the walls as well. Just anyone could be nearby. He looked back at Veriost. She always seemed to be alseep whenever there wasn't conversation or combat in the vicinity. Then again, she was kind of laid-back. Nowadays, he had noted to himself about her diet, which was unusual for a dragon. She refused anything warm or spicy, but cold meats and freaking ice cream? She was all for it. "Guess I will never fully understand you..." He looked from side to side, wondering if anyone was nearby.

@Buckstrap @Krysta

Krysta was preparing to head out of the safe zone, which she usually didn't do without someone else nearby. "I wonder if I will meet someone else today." She had already met some players, but it wouldn't hurt to find more potential friends and allies. She began humming a tune as she walked along towards the edge, hoping to find someone nearby. She spotted Vigilon looking from side to side. She walked over towards him. "Looking for someone to tag along, perhaps? I could come with. We could wait for anyone else if you'd like, I was hoping to meet someone new today." She wondered if he was thinking the same thing, but couldn't confirm it to herself. Of course, it didn't change the fact that she was hoping to meet someone new. She looked around her surroundings, wondering if anyone was nearby who wouldn't mind tagging along with two other players.

@Vigilon @Buckstrap

Sato walked down one of the main avenues running from the square in the Town of Beginnings to the main gate. He was moving at a brisk pace, eating a small loaf of bread as he did so. He walked with his head down, his green hair shagging over his face, staring at his dusty feet. He had fallen down a flight of stairs just a few minutes prior, and while it didn't hurt him, per se, he was nursing his bruised pride. Several players had pointed and laughed, and one or two had run off to tell all their friends. He was hoping to vacate the town, and quickly. 'Ahhh. I can't believe I did that,' he thought to himself. He felt the color rise in his cheeks as the moment replayed over and over in his head.

That should have taught him his lesson, to watch where he was going, but he was so wrapped up in his embarrassment that he walked right into someone carrying a bundle of firewood. His entire face turned beet red, and he leaped to his feet to assist them. Once they were up and on their way he bit his lip and looked around, hoping no one had notice his second gaffe of the day.

@Vigilon @Krysta 

Vigilon noticed Krysta heading over to him. He had already met her, but he wouldn't mind letting her tag along, especially if she could be a potential friend and/or an ally. "Sure, you can tag along. Heh, I guess great minds think alike, I was hoping on meeting someone new as well. The recent events haven't been getting you down lately, have they?" He had literally met the girl while she was in mourning. Over someone who was also a friend of Vigilon's. He still needed to have a serious talk/discussion with Dazia, that was certain. He heard a noise in the distance, and turned in the direction of the sound. Someone had ran into another, and was helping to clean up the mishap. "Early mishaps. Can't say I blame him, I went through mishaps and accidents often during my early days out and actually doing." "Well, Krysta, I think the new person we were hoping to meet is over there." He walked over to the player. "Quite a stumble that happened to you. You ok?" Veriost, who was startled awake by the noise, was now looking at the player curiously.

@Buckstrap @Krysta

Vigilon seemed perfectly fine with letting Krysta tag along with him, and even, in a way, admitted that he was thinking the same thing after all. Then he asked her if the recent events haven't been keeping her down as of late. "I would love to say that they were not, but the memories still roam in my head..." There was a sudden noise, like that of a pile of wooden objects falling down, and Krysta turned to see that someone had just wound up in a sort of accident. Vigilon guessed that the player who stumbled was the new person they would meet. "I sure hope he's alright..." She walked over to the player. "Are you alright?" She noticed that Vigilon took the same approach. It was nice to know that there were at least a good amount of players who were kind and considerate. "How do you do? I'm Krysta."

@Vigilon @Buckstrap

Sato groaned inwardly when he saw the two other players approaching, he wasn't the biggest fan of meeting new people under good conditions, and now he had done something embarrassing in front of them. He shifted uncomfortably tried to put on a smile, but he could feel that it didn't look quite right, his face was still very red.

"I'm fine," he responded, somewhat shortly. He didn't mean to be rude, so he took a deep breath and looked them each in the face. "I'm alright, really. Thank you for asking." And then, when Krysta introduced herself, he nodded in her direction. "You can call me Buckstrap."

Sato started to wring his hands in front of him, a nervous habit. But he caught himself, and imagined it might be rude. This caused him to stand a little straighter. He looked to Krysta's companion expectantly, he had yet to introduce himself.

@Vigilon @Krysta

Edited by Buckstrap

Vigilon noticed the tone of the player's response. He must have been really embarrassed, which was confirmed by the reddened face. The player turned to Krysta, and introduced himself as Buckstrap. Now all that was left was for Vigilon to introduce himself, and the day could continue as planned, gathering materials outside the safe zone, within the forest. It would be a bit of a small trek, but they could make it there in less than half a day with the shortest route. "I'm Vigilon, future leader of the Guild-to-be, the Rising Dragons." Veriost took flight, and the small white frost dragon circled around Buckstrap a few times, then landed back on Vigilon's shoulder. Vigilon chuckled softly. "And this is Veriost, my familiar." He looked at Veriost, who had that same expression she usually did when she did something like this. Veriost seemed to like scouting players, and Vigilon had no clue as to why.

@Buckstrap @Krysta

The player seemed to still be embarrassed, especially still red in the face, and he responded suddenly as well. The player introduced himself as Buckstrap. He began wringing his hands nervously, and Krysta began to wonder if the players' presence was unwanted attention. Then again, Buckstrap had just been in an embarrassing mishap. Vigilon introduced himself, apparently mentioning a Guild that still had yet to start. What was the reason? "I don't mean to pry or anything, Vigilon, but why do you mention something that has yet to start? Are you trying to get word out or something?" She really wasn't trying to pry, she was just curious. Then she saw Veriost take flight and begin circling the player before landing on her master's shoulder. "Ah, look who's awake!" Krysta drew near to Veriost. "Hello there Veriost! good to see you again, and nice to know you're awake! You don't mind if I pet you, do you Veriost?"

@Vigilon @Buckstrap

Sato shuffled his feet and nodded when Vigilon introduced himself. He also thought it odd that Vigilon mentioned his yet-to-be guild. 'Perhaps the process is ramping up for him, and he's trying to reach out for potential members,' he thought to himself. Not that it mattered one way or the other. So he waited, somewhat uncomfortably, as a conversation unfolded around him. 

One thing that did strike his interest, though, was when Veriost made her appearance and began to fly around him. "Fascinating," he mumbled, the word soft and barely escaping his lips, and he reached out gently for the little frost dragon. She had already returned to her master, though, so he put his hands down and tried to reengage in the conversation. He had never seen a familiar before, or at least he hadn't known of it, if he had. He thought the bond between monster and player was neat, and the way in manifested in SAO was said to be unique.

@Vigilon @Krysta

Edited by Buckstrap

Vigilon had to admit, he didn't expect Krysta to ask about his intentions by mentioning a Guild that hadn't even been started yet. "Get word out? Probably. It's true that I haven't found many potential members as of late, other than the possible allies that are here today, gone tomorrow." Veriost looked at Krysta with an expression which Vigilon read as, "Not now, maybe later. And perhaps one time while you're at it, a good scratch behind the horns would be nice..." Vigilon chuckled. Veriost tried to be semi-serious when new players were involved(Most of the time), otherwise she was either asleep or open to petting. She sure was an unusual dragon, that also happened to have a sweet tooth for some reason. "So, anyway, I was thinking about gathering some materials over in the forest. I can help out to protect you if anything goes wrong." He waited for an answer, with patience.

@Krysta @Buckstrap

Edited by Vigilon

"Oh..." Krysta felt a little dismayed at the fact that someone would be around, then vanish for unknown reasons. Hopefully they weren't killed or anything... Veriost, in her own way, seemed to be reserving the petting for later. Krysta considered Veriost to be a cute little dragon. Vigilon then explained his plan for the day. "So we're going to the forest for some materials? Sounds good to me, what do you say, Buckstrap? Would you join us in gathering some materials?" She wondered if the player wasn't in the mood at the moment, or just wasn't into conversations that often. However, getting to know him just might end in a new friendship, or at least being acquainted with one another. She began wondering, if Vigilon was to start a Guild, what kind of Guild would it be? Perhaps she would ask that question at a later time. For now, she was now waiting patiently for Buckstrap's answer.

@Buckstrap @Vigilon

Sato mulled the offer for a few moments, chewing his lip as he did so. Both players were green, and they seemed sincere, so there was likely little need for worry. 'It shouldn't hurt,' he thought to himself. 'It also wouldn't hurt to make some potential allies.' Sure, he was awkward, and somewhat shy, but he understood the need to make positive social connections, particularly in this game. Besides, he hadn't really had any companions since he logged into the game, and he did long for someone to feel comfortable around. Maybe this was his chance.

"I could accompany you guys, I guess," Sato finally said. He may not have appeared enthusiastic, but he did have hope that he could make friends of these strangers. Perhaps he'd even get up the nerve to ask about his sister. "Please, lead the way."

He smiled as best he could and gestured towards the main thoroughfare. 

@Vigilon @Krysta

Vigilon was happy to hear Buckstrap's response. The west gate stood in front of the three players, and it was time to set out. First was the fields, and there should be plenty of materials along the way. Now seemed like a good time to start gathering as he went. He noticed a small chunk of ore just barely visible, with all the grass surrounding it, despite that it was practically beside the road. He managed to pull it out of the ground, then he stashed it into his inventory. He wondered if there was anything that Buckstrap wanted to talk about. Until then, he decided to start a conversation regarding some things said earlier. "So, as you heard, I intend to start a Guild. I plan for the focus of the Guild to be survival, and the players trapped in this game. By protecting players, training, surviving, and helping other players get up on their feet, we could rise easily, thus the name, Rising Dragons."

ID# 89891 LD: 14+1=15(+1 T1 Mat)

@Buckstrap @Krysta

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta smiled when Buckstrap agreed to come along with Vigilon and her. In the fields, while they were walking, She saw Vigilon find and pull up a chunk of ore from the ground. She thought that if they were going to search on the way as well, that she might as well search on the other side of the road. She found a cotton plant growing among the grass, and she plucked the cotton from the plant. She listened to what Vigilon had to say. She thought hard on the words. "Intriguing... Such a nice Guild it could be..." "Um, Vigilon, if you are willing to explain more, I would like to know a few details regarding the Guild itself." The Guild sounded like one of those Guilds which focused on the players themselves, as well as growing stronger and the like. Player rising. that's what it currently sounded like to her. Could Vigilon actually have more in store for the Guild? She awaited the possible answer eagerly.

ID# 89909 LD: 17(+1 T1 Mat)

@Buckstrap @Vigilon

Edited by Krysta

Sato accepted the party invitation that appeared in his HUD and followed them through the west gate and out into the field area. He kept an eye peeled for mobs, though he likely didn't need to with a high level party member like Vigilon. The mobs here were no match for him. Even so, he looked out for them. 'Habit, I guess,' he thought to himself did his best to enjoy the leisurely stroll.

He was beginning to unwind a bit, and found Vigilon's guild idea interesting. "That is.. uh.. very noble," Sato was trying to choose his words carefully. "A lot of players  tend to really only look out for themselves. It's.. nice to see someone want to do something.. more." He stumbled through his words a little, but he was sure he got the point across.

The others began successfully gathering materials rather quickly, but between playing lookout, the conversation, and just enjoying the sun and the breeze, Sato didn't see anything of note right away.

ID# 89989 LD: 10 (No materials found)

@Vigilon @Krysta

Edited by Buckstrap

Vigilon listened to what the others said. "Well, honestly, that's about all I've got regarding any plans for the Guild, other than having it as a flexible Guild that may find other purposes as well. I intend to have the works in progress discussed and finished with at least three players who would be willing to be in the Guild. Either way, I still have plenty to do nevertheless." He looked at Buckstrap. "Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to know that what I'm currently considering is appreciated." The three continued on, and now they were close to the forest now. Vigilon continued searching as he walked. There seemed to be nothing in sight. "Just a little more until we reach our destination. I don't see what the forest has in store at the moment, but hopefully its materials we all could use..." He wondered if the others would have anything to say about his words from earlier.

ID# 90000 LD: 6+1=7(Failed)

@Krysta @Buckstrap

Edited by Vigilon

"Oh... I see..." Vigilon's words were very blunt on the only problem. He seemed to want to have everything else about the Guild be confirmed/decided by other players. He wanted to have an agreement with the players that were willing to stand by his side. She had encountered this player numerous times, and then, after thinking and dwelling on the subject, she walked up to him saying, "I think... I'll be one of the three who will stand by you, Vigilon." She thought of her next words carefully, trying to get her message through smoothly. "I trust you. You seem like a good person, and helping others, protecting the weak and innocent, surviving this game, bringing players to greater heights... I'm willing to do just that, and maybe more!" When they were approaching the forest, Krysta decided to search another time before they would enter the forest. There didn't seem to be anything when she searched, however...

ID# 90002 LD: 3(Failed)

@Buckstrap @Vigilon

Edited by Krysta