[SP/F21] Loyalty Tested

Loyalty Tested

After gaining my new blade from Captain Macradon, I could not get the feeling that it was not right.  For starters, the sword was only just forged, but the nicks and scars of an age of usage were worn all over its blade.  Not only that, but the sword itself felt much heavier than any other blade that I had ever wielded before.  I tried some test swings when I first bought it, but even swinging it around felt more awkward than anything I have ever dealt with.  With each step that I took with it on my sword belt, it felt like it didn't want to be there; in fact, I think it didn't even want to be on my person.

Did blades have a mind of their own in this world?  Impossible!

I heard about people going insane saying that their swords were calling out to them, but everyone is just saying that the person themselves were already crazy to begin with.  I pulled on the hilt to show the blade from its sheath.  It did not gleam in the bio-luminescent light that shown on the twenty first floor.  It didn't do that in any floor that I have traveled with it into, which wasn't that many to begin with. 

"Maybe, if I practiced with it for a bit, then I could gain some ease of use out of it."

I said aloud while taking a bit out of a leaflet cracker combination of Greedy Antenna and Lion Steak, with a washing down of Hardened Dragon Scales.

[Used Greedy Antenna and Lion Steak = +3 Col Multiplier]
[Used Potion of Hardened Dragon Scales = +36 Mitigation]

Stats

Spoiler

Hirru Lvl 51

1065 HP
102 Energy
2 Accuracy
1 Evasion
16 Base Damage (17 w/ Ferocity) [21 w/ Ferocity & Charge]
72 Mitigation [+36 = 108 from potion]

Equipment

Loyalty of the Sworn Knight ........ // +9 Damage
Spirit of the Jade Dragon .......... // +2 Accuracy, +1 Evasion
Pride of the Guardian .............. // +54 Mitigation
Blades Cloak ....................... // Vanity
Dimensional Backpack ............... // +1 B.R.I Slot

Battle Ready Inventory

<Teleportation Crystal> x3 ......... // Teleport to a town / out of a dungeon [Uses 2 posts: 1 for use, next to teleport]
<Potion of Moderate Calcification> . // +54 Mitigation
<Potion of Blessed Intervention> ... // +27 Mitigation / Heal +120 hp
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>

Skills

One Handed Straight Sword .......... // Rank 5: +5 DMG
Heavy Armor ........................ // Rank 3: +18 MIT
Search and Detect .................. // Rank 5: +5 LD | +5 Stealth Detect
Charge ............................. // Rank 4: +4 DMG on successful first strike
Martial Arts ....................... // Rank 2: +4 Unarmed
Concentration ...................... // +1 to your BD / 5 turn cooldown
Survival ........................... // Heal 45 HP when out of battle each post / Negate environmental damage

Skill Mods

Reveal ............................. // +2 to Labyrinth searches|Post 15 searches
Detect ............................. // +1 to Labyrinth searches|+2 Stealth Detect
Athletics .......................... // +1 Dmg / +45 HP
OHSS Ferocity ...................... // +1 Dmg to all OHSS Sword Arts

Edited by Hirru

After finishing the leaflet, I could feel the gleam of greed come upon me as the Greed multiplier appeared next to my name and health bar.  Supposedly, I'm supposed to be able to glean more cor out of the mobs and enemies that I face, but do I really need that?  Though why would I question myself for something that I already used up.  Nothing that I can do about that, I thought as I shrugged on through it.  Sometimes I didn't understand my own actions, but that didn't seem to happen all of the time.  Like the first time that I lead the raid, which was also my first raid ever.

My thoughts trailed off when I caught sight of a moving mass in the distance.  Immediately, I drew the sword, which instantly felt much more weighty than it once did.  Was it something that I did?  Instead of keeping to that thought train, I would keep my head to the creature before me.  Before long, I sprung to action, but I wasn't the only one.

[ID: 89655]
[BD: 10] Crit +2
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 17+2+4(Charge)= 23x11= 253 dmg
[MD: 10] Crit +2 (153+2= 155-108= 47 dmg)

- Health List -
< Hirru >         1023 / 1065  HP ||  108 MIT ||  17 DMG ||  91/102 EN (-11 EN, -47 HP)

< Minor Wyrm > 257 / 510 HP || 153 DMG || (-253 HP)

Edited by Hirru

The thing flew at me like a bat, but with the precision of a predator.  A serpentine body with fairly moderately placed leathery wings.  Each flap seemed to keep it just off of the cavern floor, but other than that, it didn't seem to have the aerial expertise that an actual bat had.  That didn't mean that it didn't know how to use its surroundings to its advantage.  Parts of its body were mottled with colors that would reflect the bio-luminescent glow of the flora around it, while keeping its own glow in check around it.  Without the flora to hide it, the Wyrm's body seemed to give its own glow to some parts, but they only showed up on the lower belly of the beast.

Our attacks lined up perfectly against each other last time, I will have to over haul myself to keep up with it.  That being said, the beast was already at nearly half health, from what I could tell.  It shouldn't take long, but I didn't want to alarm any more of the beasts that could be around me.

That being said, I should still keep an eye on the Wyrm itself.

[ID: 89656]
[BD: 1] Fail
[Sword Art: -]
[MD: 7-1=6] Hit (153-108= 45 dmg)

- Health List -
< Hirru >         978 / 1065  HP ||  108 MIT ||  17 DMG ||  90/102 EN (+1 EN, -2 EN, -45 HP)

< Minor Wyrm > 257 / 510 HP || 153 DMG ||

Edited by Hirru

A nick against my shoulder would bring me back to my senses, but for how long, I wouldn't know.  Hunting was usually methodical, but this wasn't really a hunt, now was it.  It was more to test my new blade, Loyalty, but there has been only one instance that it had been useful, and that was the initial attack.  Though, that train of thought could be considered too early of an analysis to do, as one strike does not make one an expert.  It takes many swings to know a sword, especially one that already has the scars of ages upon it.  An old blade whose stories could only be sung by those that knew about it.

I drew back to see if the Wyrm would attack against me for a counter, or whatever else it could do against me in these cavernous areas.  It would seem that it wouldn't take much for both of us to do nothing at all.

[ID: 89657]
[BD: 1] Fail
[Sword Art: -]
[MD: 4-1=6] Miss

- Health List -
< Hirru >         978 / 1065  HP ||  108 MIT ||  17 DMG ||  89/102 EN (+1 EN, -2 EN)

< Minor Wyrm > 257 / 510 HP || 153 DMG ||

Edited by Hirru

Taking into consideration that the creature was just as wary as I was, it would most certainly not attack without any provocation.  Was it not a predator?  Was there something around here that it was protecting, possibly?  Some of the creatures that I have fought would come at me, if I drew too close to a certain patch of land, but some people have told me that all creatures are like that.  If so, then how come the creatures on the first floor were so gentle, and never did so much as hurt me, besides the Guardian of the Forest, that is.  Was it something to do with how much more powerful I was to them?  'That couldn't be..'  Was there something else that could come into play like that?  Possibly, it could be what everyone else says..

The Wyrm seemed to eye me with a scorn that could only be described as bloodthirsty, but that menacing glare didn't feel as such.  I'll need to figure out what was going on to begin with.

[ID: 89657]
[BD: 4+2=6] Hit
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 17x11= 187 dmg
[MD: 1-1=1] Miss

- Health List -
< Hirru >         978 / 1065  HP ||  108 MIT ||  17 DMG ||  79/102 EN (+1 EN, -11 EN)

< Minor Wyrm > 70 / 510 HP || 153 DMG || (-187 HP)

Edited by Hirru
  • 3 months later...

In consideration to the exact reason that such a powerful creature could be so protective of an area would mean only a few things.  One of which would be obvious territorial behavior, but they would actively be chasing me away, not pushing for a set distance.  Unless that distance was their territory?  Maybe.  The creatures of Aincrad were quite weird to begin with, and they only got worse as time goes on.  Especially when I have seen the behavioral patterns of many beasts and critters alike.  Most would usually do this if there was something to protect.  Was there a full nest near by, and this was the mother?  I could only hope not.  Born mobs are usually the most dangerous.

That being said, I couldn't go back without something in return.  Forcing myself to attack again, the wyrm had the better of me.  Wiggling aside from my attack, it caught me in my side, causing a fair bit of damage.

[ID: 96328]
[BD: 2+2=4] Miss
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] Missed
[MD: 9-1=9] Crit +1 (154-108= 46)

- Health List -
< Hirru >         932 / 1065  HP ||  108 MIT ||  17 DMG ||  78/102 EN (+1 EN, -2 EN, -46 HP)

< Minor Wyrm >     70 / 510   HP ||  153 DMG ||

Edited by Hirru

With how the creature seemed to slither back into a specific spot was starting to make more sense as things went on.  This had to be a protective position to keep me away from something precious to the Minor Wyrm.  Most probably a small nest with unhatched eggs.  They would be quite prized in town, if I thought of selling them.  The thought of taking its eggs away seemed to have shown in my eyes somehow as the Wyrm seemed to puff out more so than before.   A gesture to keep away as it was tougher than me.  I wouldn't deny that, if I had Solace or Oath, but Loyalty was going to set me up to new bounds.

That was, if I could hit anything with it.  With that sudden thought, I felt that the sword tugged itself towards the creature for a split second.  It was rather weird to feel, but I only thought of it as my sword hand twitching to get this fight over with.  Following through with it, though, may become fruitful.

[ID: 96342]
[BD: 8+2=8] Hit
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 17x11= 187 dmg

- Health List -
< Hirru >         932 / 1065  HP ||  108 MIT ||  17 DMG ||  68/102 EN (+1 EN, -11 EN)

< Minor Wyrm >     0 / 510   HP ||  153 DMG || Loot Roll ID: 96343 || LD: 13+5= 18 || CD: 5 == 3060 Col, 2 T3 Mats, and 1 T3 Uncommon Consumable

Edited by Hirru

Slashing straight through the creature, the battle was finally one.  The wyrm shattered into several thousand particles of crystal light that ascended to the heavens.  Even in this cave system, these particles seemed to find their way to their maker, it seemed.  I keep wondering where it all goes, but when questioned, everyone either looked at me funny, or laughed.  I've only had a few actually give me information, but they were the ones that gave it in details that I could not understand.  System and stats I could somewhat understand as parts of our world that were tangible, as easily as pulling out our menu relic.  There were other things though, like servers and graphics that I couldn't really figure out.  Why was our sight affected by these 'rendering distances'?  Some things he couldn't put together, but no one seemed to mind.  My skills with a sword were more than enough to overlook my "weird" outlook.

Looking into the area that the wyrm was, I was surprised to find a few items laying around, but more importantly; another wyrm.