[PP-F4] For Old Times Sake [COMPLETE]

Flints couldn’t hold back the tears that rolled down her cheeks as the brothers began to search for a reason, a method to the woman’s madness. “Everything happened so fast. One minute I’m ontop of the world and the next..it’s like he forgot himself. Like he forgot me...when Zelrius died..Tristan died too. I guess Zelrius was really the only thing that kept him happy and grounded no matter what the world through at him. Slowly learning I couldn’t help him just let me know that I was nothing more than a trinket..to him at least..” now as she shook uncontrollably, she wasn’t sure what to do, this level of emotion was rare for her to show, but after being gone so long? This was a hot mess she thrusted into the brothers hands. “It started off with him going home and unequiping everything. Then we moved into the Azure Brigade hall. Our bedroom adorned with the weapon Zelrius gave us, for good luck of course. Then he just wondered around the hall endlessly. Never leaving it. Never speaking to me..he gave all his things to the hall except for the stuff I managed to cling to in hopes that someday he would come to his senses..then one night he decided to gift another front liner his skill, the thing that made him known to the world of Aincrad..I knew it was too late then. I had lost him. His eyes were constantly filled with sadness. I just..left. And spent all this time..alone..”

Antilian’s fur bristled as she spoke and he stood beside her, watching her jump off the countertop and make her way to the door, not really to leave, but suddenly she felt crowded. Like her words had filled the room like a thick fog, and she wanted nothing more than to leave and bottle it all back up again. Going through her inventory Flints Unequipped her hoyas necklace that Tristan had given her, there was no point in her holding onto the sentiment of it. then without warning she shed her armor. Leaving her in just a familiar old tunic, belonging to Endilix and the starter tight black jeans and plain black boots everyone was given. She had no use for her armor in the city anyways. And she had no need to shield herself from her closest friends.

As Flints and Emerath both spoke, Endilix finally came to an understanding of the situation. Even as dense as he could be, this was something that couldn't be easily ignored. "Flints..." he said, not wanting to make a bad situation worse, but rather than continuing the statement, he just found himself moving forward and giving the woman a hug. "I'm so sorry. I wish you had said something sooner."

Endilix looked over her shoulder as he hugged her at the still open trade window that floated in front of him. He stared at it for a long time as his hand absentmindedly rubbed Flints' back. A shield used by a hero that could no longer fight, now offered to Endilix to protect everyone. Did he really deserve something like that? Maybe not, but this wasn't a question of how deserving he was. It was a question of how much Flints cared about him. And the answer was, enough to devote a legendary item from her recent husband's denial to protect the people in her life who still wanted to make a difference.

Slowly, he reached out and pressed the button to accept the trade, and watched as the item popped into his inventory, still in a bit of disbelief that it was real.

Flints shook her head as Endilix began to speak and move, the embrace made her go limp, his warmth and scent was something she couldn’t easily forget, a guilty pleasure for her, even now. Once the words “I’m sorry” escaped his lips they rang in her ears as high-pitched tinny sound that made her blood rush and more tears spill from her eyes. Squeezing the man tight she sobbed, and curled against him to the best of her ability as they stood still. The proud ding from their complete transaction stung. But it was for the best of everyone. A closing of a door despite Flints always wanting to wait at it, both with one foot in and another out, unsure of her stance in her own little world. 

“I have other things.. but I’m not sure if you’d benefit from them...” she whimpered.  Not ready to let go. It had been a while since she felt the touch of another man, of another human.

Emerath had that nagging feeling in the back of his mind that said, 'I told you so.' but he refused to actually say that to Flints. He didn't want to take an already bad situation and make it worse. And so, he just moved to his brother and his dear friend and wrapped his arms around them, making it a big group hug. "At least, no matter what happens, we can all face it together, right?" As Flints offered up more items, Emerath shook his head and said, "Let's not worry about any more of that. Let's find better items and get home. And then we can just live life as normal. No more gear, no more constant threat of death. None of that." He squeezed the two of them, trying not to let the sadness take hold of him. "We can only move forward from here. So let's do our best, alright?"

Edited by Emerath