[PP-F2] Rescue Mission <<Let there be Light>>

Vigilon was walking in the safe zone of Floor 2. The main settlement of Urbus was a nice place so far, from what he'd explored. He didn't exactly know what was going to happen soon, but right now he was thinking about what he would be doing for the day. "Questing, maybe? Most likely. I ain't got much to do right now anyway. But where to start looking for a quest? There are plenty of quests around, but which ones have I marked or noted?" He pulled up his menu, and studied what was there. "I don't seem to have anything on floor 2 at the moment that I haven't done or can handle..." Sure, he had definitely heard of quests that come to the players directly, but he wouldn't see it coming. He looked to his shoulder, where his familiar, as usual whenever there wasn't combat or conversation, was asleep. Vigilon nudged the small white frost dragon awake, and she opened her eyes and stared at Vigilon sleepily. "Why don't we add some action to the day, Veriost? You up for a challenge we can handle?" Veriost rolled her eyes as if to say, "Ugh, fine." and Vigilon continued walking, not knowing that trouble would be coming his way. After some allies.

@Persephone @Krysta

Krysta somehow had the guts to come to floor 2 so early. Upon arriving, she was having urges to return to the first floor at breakneck speed. However, she might feel safer with an ally. She tried pounding that into her head, with little success with the feeling that her life was already in danger, and she hadn't even left the safe zone yet, which she didn't intend to do without an ally. Until she found an ally, she would wander the settlement of Urbus. "I just feel so endangered right now... That's it, I need an ally before I go any further..." Then she spotted Vigilon, just a few meters away. He seemed to be walking aimlessly, without a goal, not that it mattered to Krysta. She already considered him a friend. Sure, it would be nice to meet someone else, but Vigilon would suffice as company for now. "Hello again Vigilon!" "My, how we keep running into each other."

@Vigilon @Persephone

Veriost looked to the side, and Vigilon stopped for a second or two. He turned and saw Krysta, a player that he had been encountering quite a few times lately. "Hello again Krysta, brave enough to venture on to floor 2 I see. Well, without the proper gear, I don't know if you can go out there alone. I was planning on looking for anything I could do at all, and I wouldn't mind if you tagged along." He gestured for Krysta to follow, and began walking again. He was drawing a little close to the safe zone's edge, when he was suddenly approached by someone. "Please, I need your help! My child was playing in a cavern with a friend, and then they were attacked by monsters! The friend escaped and told me that my child is still in there. Please, I beg you, go to the cavern and bring back my poor child!" This startled Veriost, who fell off Vigilon's shoulder. "Ok, so trouble came looking for me. That's new."

@Krysta @Persephone

Persephone had made it her business these days to help players that were just getting a start in building up their stats. She was not a very high level herself, but she was a lot better off than those she met and assisted. Today she found herself hanging around out by the NPC that triggered the “Let There Be Light” quest.

“Help me find my lost child….” The NPC implored her for the 20th time that morning.

“I will nice lady, I will…” she chuckled to herself and shook her head. She would just as soon as she found a party to help out to do it.

Eventually a pair came by and activated the quest. The guy looked like he would be alright, but the girl who tagged along with him didn’t have any gear save the basic starter equipment that the game provided. Lisa would feel r eally bad if that girl got herself killed out there so she walked over to the pair and offered them a smile.

“You two looking for assistance on this quest? I can heal and I’m not too bad a support, “she said politely hoping the two would take her up on the offer.

Vigilon saw the quest notification pop up on his menu. "Well, it is a quest... I guess I can handle it, but what about Krysta?" He pressed accept, and looked up to the worried mother. "I'll see what I can do to bring your child back safely." He began to think, how strong is whatever Vigilon is up against? Could Krysta deal with the enemy without getting killed? Then a player approached the two, offering to help. "You know, we could use some help on this quest. I'm Vigilon." He looked left and right, and decided to speak of his stats. "Right now, I am level 10. My base Damage is 6, I have rank 2 in one handed straight sword, my mitigation is 9, I have 1 evasion and 1 accuracy. I also have recovery, for energy." He was certain that three party members should be able to handle what was probably coming. A fight.

@Krysta @Persephone

(OOC: Just got my character's rebirth bundle, please bear with me O-O)

Krysta was happy to see that Vigilon didn't mind her going with him on his latest endeavor. She stopped shortly when a worried mother suddenly showed up, begging Vigilon to help and rescue her child. She listened to the explained situation, and the quest accept notification popped up on her menu. She pressed the accept button, and the two players were approached by another. The player asked if they could use some assistance. Vigilon agreed, and introduced himself. "And I'm Krysta." She added. Vigilon began to explain his stats and whatnot. Krysta opened up her menu to remind herself how it worked. She scrolled through her inventory to find- Items!? Krysta's face began to turn pink slightly. How could she have forgotten about those VITAL PIECES OF EQUIPMENT? "Ah... Oh, dear, how silly of me to forget that I had these in the first place!" She equipped the new gear, the sky blue cloth vest appearing as another layer on her current garments, and her stronger weapon replacing the starter blade. "Well then, allow me to mention what my gear now provides for me. I have a light armor vest that grants me a total of 18 mitigation, and a rapier that grants me damage, for a grand total of 4 base damage."

@Persephone @Vigilon

The pair seemed very eager for her assistance and gave up far too much telling information about themselves without even having been partied together. The man seemed like he might be alright with her in tow. He had a lot of attributes about him that would guarantee he would be alright. The girl on the other hand had a wee bit of mitigation but not much else. If they were going to do this, it would be she who needed Persephone’s help the most.  

“ My name is Persephone,” She said introducing herself. “Now that we are all acquainted, let’s get this show on the road shall we? Whoever has lead… I’m assuming it’s you… ummm…” she said looking at the young man. He had said his name but she was never very good at remembering them.  “I’m going to need a party invite.”

Leading the way, Persephone started down the path toward the caves. “The darn bats are this way.” Last time she ran through this quest she had Dom with her and he crushed the bats no problem. If only he were still alive to handle business for her now.

Krysta apparently had some gear on hand this whole time, and she'd forgotten about it. Vigilon didn't blame her, it could have easily been lost in memory while all the suffering, despair, and losses that occurred after the game was revealed to be the death game it really was. Krysta then explained her just updated statistics to the two players. With help, she could certainly handle herself. The player who offered to help introduced herself as Persephone, then said that she would need a party invite. With how fast the two players accepted her offer to help, Vigilon was planning on doing that anyway. "Already on it.", he said as he pulled up his menu to send the party invites to Krysta and Persephone. The fact that Persephone was leading the way immediately told Vigilon that the player had done this quest before, and had mentioned the monsters as bats. "They must be big ones," He thought. "Otherwise, the children wouldn't have been in danger to begin with..."

Party invites were sent to @Krysta and @Persephone

Krysta watched as Persephone requested for a party invite, and Vigilon sent the invitation to both her and Krysta.

Party Invite From Vigilon

Accept                                 Decline

She pressed the accept button without hesitation. Persephone lead the way once the party was formed. From the fact that she was leading the way, and that she mentioned the monsters to be bats, Krysta guessed that Persephone had already done the quest before. "Well, at least they weren't...spiders or anything like that..." Krysta cringed at the thought. She always hated and feared spiders. Those eight beady eyes, those horrible fangs, the sticky webs.... Krysta shuddered just thinking about it, and it was worse since she had heard of places and caverns full of those arachnid horrors... There was some time to chat or think up of a battle plan as they walked towards the destination, but what to discuss? The three had pretty much explained their stats before they even set out!

The trio made their way to the cavern’s entrance which wasn’t too far a walk from where they had met the NPC. At the mouth of the cave, Persephone stopped and turned to the pair. “Before we go. There’s something I need to do.” Coming around the girl, Persephone opened up her inventory and removed her <Blood of Champions>> from her  inventory. She quickly pressed the crystal to the back of the girl’s neck and quickly put the device away. She waited as she watched the girl’s health counter go over the limit and smiled knowing it’d worked.  

“There, now little misses, you’ll be able to hit those damn bats for more damage, and you should now have a hundred more hit points than you did.  This ought to keep you alive and fighting. The cave is dark, pitch black really, so our accuracy is going to be [censored] unless you have something to boost it or have night vision. Just take your time and stay spaced out so you don’t accidentally catch another player in the crossfire. Ya’ll ready?”

She smiled widely at the other two players.

“Alrighty then, let’s go do this [censored]!” Seph turned and walked off into the darkness.

(( Let me know if you wish to fight the bats singularly or rp both together as a mob))

PERSEPHONE USES <<BLOOD OF CHAMPIONS ON KRYSTA

KRYSTA’S DAMAGE INCREASES BY +2 AND HER HP BOOSTS +100 OVER HEALTH

PERSEPHONE IS GOING INTO BATTLE WITH THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AND STATS:

Spoiler

SEPHLV11a_zps1rcv0lgl.png

AT READY:

3 Mass Healing Crystals (+15)

4 Health Crystals (+15)

The trio had reached the cavern. Before telling Vigilon and Krysta about the accuracy issue, Persephone used a crystal of some sort, which apparently boosted Krysta's damage and HP. "Lowered accuracy? Guess mine will be normalized." "But Krysta, however, will suffer a debuff..." He had his reason to be concerned. "I'd say we're ready. Let's get this show on the road." The deeper the trio would delve into the dark of the cave, the more blind Vigilon felt. He hoped he wouldn't regret his decision for shenanigans. He was about to ask how much farther they were from the target when he suddenly heard a screeching sound headed straight for him. He managed to dodge the Giant Bats' attack, then he turned to the next screeching noise, and attacked with Vertical Square, hoping that he didn't hit either of the players by accident. "Try harder than that, would you?" He shouted, mocking the two bats in the process.

@Krysta @Persephone

Vigilon's stats:

Spoiler

HP: 200

Energy: 20

Damage: 6(OHSS Rank 2, White Blade, Familiar)

Mitigation: 9(Sunset's Light)

Accuracy: 1(Karri's Fang)

Evasion: 1(Sunset's Light)

Recovery: 2(Sunset's Light, Karri's Fang)

Bleed: 1(Inflicts Bleed on rolls of 9-10)(White Blade)

ID# 90160 Mob: 1(Critical miss)

ID# 90161 Mob: 4-1=3(Miss)

ID# 90162 BD: 6+1-1=6(Hit)

Vertical Square-6*4=24

AoE: both Giant bats take 24 Damage

[1]Vigilon: HP 200/200, EP 16/20

Persephone: HP 220/220, EP 22/22

Krysta: HP 140/140, EP 4/4

Enemies:

Giant Bat 1: HP 86/110

Giant Bat 2: HP 86/110

Edited by Vigilon

So the trek to the cavern was shorter than expected. Before the three went inside, Persephone used some kind of crystal on Krysta. She opened up her menu to pull up her stats to reveal a change of an additional 100 HP and 2 damage. "Oh! Thank you!" Persephone then explained about the darkness within the cavern being a problem. "Well then, I sure hope I don't accidentally harm someone, I don't exactly want a strike on my cursor's color..." Vigilon and Persephone were ready to go inside, and most certainly now,  she was as well. "Alright, I'm ready. Let's go!" And the trio of players entered the dark abyss. Krysta suddenly heard some screeching, followed by more screeching heard mostly by her other ear, which probably meant that the monsters missed on their attack. There was some swinging noises followed by some crackling sounds. Vigilon then taunted the beasts. Krysta couldn't see the situation, but she could step back and say, "You guys go ahead. I'll jump in later!"

@Persephone @Vigilon

-Krysta Takes No Action-

[1]Vigilon: HP 200/200, EP 16/20

Persephone: HP 220/220, EP 22/22

Krysta: HP 140/140, EP 4/4

Enemies:

Giant Bat 1: HP 86/110

Giant Bat 2: HP 86/110