[OP - F10] Trick or Treat~!

I look between the three people with the three seeming to know each other while i seem to be the only stranger among them. I chuckle a bit nervously wondering if i should leave the conversation since i don't really belong.I look between this girl dressed like some sort of reaper, the person with the ichigo costume and the slenderman.no need to call me a goddess Ichigo, but that is my costume. I say to Stryder with a kind smile. The name is Hestia, and that is also my costume. I say cheerfully as i look towards Stryder and then backs up a tiny bit to get sight of the three people in this conversation. So what about yourselves? what are your names? I ask curiously hoping to make one or two friends from this.

@Stryder@Embers@Domarus

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lessa greeted him, seeming to take a minute to recall his name.  He nodded with a smile.  "Yes it has been a while hasn't it?"  he said.  It had indeed been quite a while since he met her on the snowy floor.  He hoped that the two of them could do some more at some point, but that wasn't exactly up to him.  Ah well.  He was going to ask her how she's been when a player walked up as a captain of sorts, having what Itzal felt as a Spanish feel to his outfit, introducing another player to her whom Itzal had not met yet either.  He smiled to her and waited until Lessa was done greeting her.  "Hello Telrenya!  My name's Itzal, nice to meet you!"  He turned to the man and nodded with a smile, finally recalling him from when they gathered boat materials...  And he vanished before they had started.  "Nice to see you again Jomei!  It's been a while since the ship event hasn't it?"  He noticed that both Jomei and Telrenya had a guild symbol by their name.  So there were more guilds being formed in Aincrad then?  Nice he thought to himself.

@Lessa @Telrenya @Jomei

The player Stryder turned around, noticing Domarus for the first time and seemed scared at first, but then calmed down.  Following his facial reactions and movements, he could tell that the player recognized Domarus' voice from somewhere.  Just as he recognized Domarus' voice, when the player spoke Domarus would recall his and identify him now as Stryder.  The player had complimented him on his outfit, leaving Keres out of the picture which she didn't mind.  She was Slenderman's little slave she thought to herself with a giggle.  Domarus chuckled.  He could have twisted his voice and scared the hell out of Stryder, but to keep his good reputation solidified, he would speak normally.
     "I 
doubt anything would be over the top here Stryder.  It truly is a good choice, and very well done might I add.  And thank you, I felt that it being Halloween I should choose something with an edge of creepiness, but not overall terrifying.  It is a party after all, why would I want to scare players off?"  he said with a chuckle.  He then heard a new voice and turned slightly to see a player walk up to them dressed as a Greek Goddess.  Greek mythology he knew very well, since he had memorized the Greek language, and alphabet, he had learned about it's lore as well.  He took his time deciphering which Goddess she was while she complimented on Stryder's costume.  He had made a joke, calling her his Goddess, but before it was her turn to reply he offered her his hand.

"You may call me Domarus, Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth.  Or Slenderman, God of the unknown.  Whichever suits you most," he said, chuckling at the end of it.  Then he heard a third player speak up and turned once more, backing up a bit so that players were no longer behind anyone, but rather that they made a small circle for easy communication.  She called him dragon of course, despite the fact that the familiar's were in the shop and not here this time.  She mentioned how she missed an internet trend and he couldn't help but chuckle upon her response.
     "
Slender man was created on a forum to create paranormal images.  Others took the concept and added more to it.  Soon it became the story of a tall man with slender long arms and tentacles who could blend in with the trees.  He has no face and he stalks people, kidnapping children though nobody knows what he does with them.  He's impossible to kill, can teleport with ease, hypnotizes children with his tentacles, and the more people know about him the closer he gets."  Now it was Keres' turn.

"I complete the story.  This was the original image that was made for Slenderman.  I'm the girl he's holding see?"  she said as she pulled out the photo and showed it to Embers.

@Stryder @Embers @Hestia

Jomei smiled at the warm welcome Lessa had given Telrenya, removing her hat and stretching her hand outwards towards the sailor scout. "Lessa, we actually found a haunted mansion a few weeks ago that I thought you would have loved to explore.. reminded me a lot of the castle that we got ourselves stuck in." Jomei laughed, "Similar traps and everything.. But we uh... ended up burning it to the ground." Jomei rubbed the back of his neck with his free arm. After the short conversation with the adventurer, another man had stepped forward to Telrenya and Jomei, one who had originally been talking to Lessa as well when he greeted her. The man wore a large baggy white shirt and blue jeans without shoes, his black hair was more unruly than his own. Jomei placed a hand on his chin, before remembering he was a character from an anime he had watched long ago when he was a kid.. the name slipped his mind, but he believed it was just a single letter. First, the man introduced himself to Telrenya, before looking up to Jomei, telling him it was good to see him again. Jomei looked at the man for a good moment, past the costume and at the player. The name he used to introduce himself to Tel, 'Itzal' rang a bell. Though it was a brief meeting, he believed that he had met him during a group quest before. "Oh yeah! That quest with Zandra" he laughed "Yeah.. I needed to abandon the quest.. something came up that I needed to attend. It's good to see you again." The ginger said with a nod of his head, the large floppy heat on his noggin slightly slipping as he did so.

@Lessa@Telrenya@Itzal

Before Jevi had gone inside of the mansion, Spencer had gotten a good look at her costume. The man immediately said that she looked hot. Jevi's golden eyes widened as she froze in place. Her left fist clenched, and teeth grit under her lips, not entirely sure how to take the blunt comment from the boy, when they hardly even knew each other. Spencer quickly spoke up in a rushed manner before Jevi had a chance to react, revealing that he was not into women in the slightest. The tension in her arm loosened and her shoulders drooped before she giggled.. which turned into a laugh. ~"Thanks Spencer, you look adorable." As they walked inside, she walked next to the man. She placed a hand on his shoulder and spoke softly to him, ~"And so am I ... well.. bi, but still." She then gave him a friendly wink before going after the blonde.

After Jevi had hugged Ruby, she told Jevi that she was fine, and that she had not even seen the others by the door when they walked in. Jevi smiled and shook her head, though she believed Ruby. Ruby then was able to get a good look at Jevi's costume, to which the woman said that she looked very sexy. Jevi's eyes opened a bit wider, her cheeks turning a bit redder, and a sheepish smile curling on her lips. Before, she almost punched Spencer for calling her hot.. now she is standing here like a giddy little girl. What was going on with her? ~"T-Thanks.. You look amazing too!" Jevi replied. ~"Really.. really amazing."

@Ruby

So, this 'Slender man' thing, was some horror story about a child kidnapper? But it was just a hoax on a picture? That sounds honestly, stupid. But, then again, from what time she did spend on the internet, it didn't surprise her much. The collective stupidity that could be found there never failed to surprise her. She handed the picture back to Keres, and shrugged her shoulders lazily, the feathered wings on her back moving with her shoulders. 

"Real talk, that sounds ridiculous. But, its halloween so that means whatever comes off as scary works. Honestly i can't stand this sorta time, so many people wearing costumes that just, are wrong" Embers stretched out her arms as she, Finally, noticed the new arrival. A girl and one she did not recognise. They were calling her some sorta, godess or something? Embers could only assume that was refering to the costume itself, to which she knew very little about greek mythology. Still, Hestia was trying to be polite and introduce herself. Embers didn't care about polite, BUT the Kid and Dragon were being nice and she couldn't be bothered telling her to scram.

"Pleasure Hes, names Ember" There was no anger in her voice, almost bordem, an usual noise coming from the girl for those who knew her.

@Stryder @Domarus @Hestia

Krysta noticed that her little surprise worked. The child got scared, and the player in starter armor, who apparently hadn't seen her coming, was startled into reaching for his weapon, which wasn't there. The small child seemed to say what Krysta believed was the child's name or username in place of "I" and "me". Fae then complimented on Krysta's costume. "Aww, why thank you! I'm Krysta." She noticed how Fae mentioned the other player as Pinball. Was that his username, perhaps? Krysta noted to herself that Fae was absolutely adorable. The other players seemed to be engaging in conversations of their own, so why wouldn't Krysta take this chance to get to know these two? "I actually made the costume myself. Quite a lot can be accomplished with some fabrics and thread. However, it really wasn't easy searching for a fox whose pelt was the same color as my hair..."

@Fae @Pinball

Hikoru noticed a notification pop up on his screen. It was a halloween event that had started a few moments prior. He looked within his inventory to see if he had some sort of costume,but nothing that he could really use. He had a formal outfit, a christmas outfit, and a few other things but nothing for Halloween. He then noticed that he had a white cloak he hadn't worn in awhile, and he had an idea. Taking some charcoal, a material he had from awhile ago, he scribbled a ghoulish looking face on the hood. He put it on and it covered his whole body, and made his way to the party. He was met with a man who complimented on his costume. He offered him an item and he took it with a nod. He went about the room and saw quite a few players, but none who he could recognize or see well through the fabric. He sighed and went to the food to see what he could find to eat. 

+1 Candy-Guard

"I... I didn't see her," Pinball complained, scratching his head. Truth was, he hadn't. Fae had been too busy bawking around, and he must've gotten preoccupied with it. Giving a sheepish smile, Pinball took a single step back putting himself against the wall he had just been leaning on, effectively removing himself from the conversation. The two seemed interested in each other's costume, and Pinball didn't feel like interrupting. He also didn't feel like anyone making comments on his own hastily put together cat outfit. So, instead, he looked back around at the crowd of people, trying to find anyone he recognized. Or rather, one of the three people he knew besides Fae. No luck, he thought, with a shrug.  Just a lot of people I don't know in costume. It didn't occur to him that one of the people heavily costumed was in fact one of the few he knew. Ah, whatever. Not cut out for this kinda stuff anyways. Maybe I should just leave in a bit.

Fae rubbed the back of her head a little bit. Pinball wasn't really to blame there, she had distracted him herself, so she couldn't blame him for not telling her. "It's fine mister Pinball, you don't need to get senstitive." Fae said as Pinball started to back away from the conversation. It was fine, as Fae wanted to talk to other people besides those she already knew.

Fae looked back up at the player who had now introduced herself as Krysta and admired her costume. "Nice to meet you miss Krysta! Fae is Fae!" Fae introduced herself, holding out her hand for Krysta to shake.

When Krysta said she made the costume by herself, Fae became rather impressed. "Wow! Fae can tell you made it, it looks so good. No NPC would sell something like this. Fae bets it was hard to find a fox with your hair color. Fae's hair would be even harder to find." Fae said as she pulled the hood on the costume down briefly, showing her pink hair.

@Krysta

Ruby had smiled with her replying back to her that she had looked amazing, and even went out to say really really amazing. Ruby had let out a small chuckle as she had said out to her "Earlier today I helped Telly pick out her costume and after she had left I had to clean the mess I made in upstairs room in the maid outfit, she poked fun at me the entire time." she had chuckled. She had continued to look up and down her body inspecting it more and more enjoying the eye candy before saying out to her "What made you choose quite a hot outfit like that Jevi? I didn't know you liked being sexy every once and while, not like you aren't already sexy as it is." she had chuckled saying a flirt out to her with a chuckle. She had looked down to the snack table and back up to Jevi, she had felt a little awkward she had looked at her and was captivated with her beauty as she had just lost her words however she had said out "So you hungry wanting a snack?"

@Jevi

okay so Domarus, and Ember. Good to know that. I say nodding my head as i look between the two as i quickly think of something. So it seems you all know each other. Anything interesting behind that story?Like any interesting things you have found about each other, or any interesting stories of fights? I ask curiously trying to make some small talk and wondering how much i must sound like i have no idea what i am doing. I look between the two known as Domarus, and Ember. Oh! and what do you two think of this game, and the players within it. I ask the two of you. I mean from personal experience. What do you think of them. I ask curious to hear the opinion of people of what they think of players they have met, and the situation of being trapped in Aincrad.

@Domarus@Embers

He sat in the back, watching the crowds with sullen eyes as he sat there. He turned his head to find Jack greeting more new Aincradians to the party. He would have a good watch on the NPC, he seemed rather kind a jolly, but perhaps he was just welcoming a fresh new slaughter. He was awaiting for him to gain size, pumpkin vines to shoot from the walls, him to beigin summoning ghosts and demons. None of that was happening now though. His eyes were red from tiredness and he even almost dozed off a few times. "So far so good, everyone seems to be having a good time, but who knows what lies in store" At the raffle prizes there was a pumpkin sitting in a cage. He stood walking forward. He tapped the cage. "What is this?" He turned back, no one appeared to be looking. He tapped the cage again, and this time a slight movement came from the pumpkin. Another item to be watchful of. Perhaps it was an egg that was going to burst out monsters? He backed away, his monster jacket allowing him to blend in with the most of the crowd. 

Ryo tossed the small chair over. "No, goddammit! Where did I leave it?" He raged, trying to find his last piece of clothing. "I can't go out with 'part' of a costume." He ran his hand over his slicked hair. He wasn't used to having his hair up, but it was necessary for the costume. There was a massive invite sent out to every player in Aincrad, and he planned on showing up and stealing the show. "Ehhh, [censored] it." He cursed to himself, as he flipped his cape around and picked up the overturned chair.

"Is everything alright sir?" Pennyworth asked, most likely commenting on the amount of noise Ryo was making just then. "Yeah, everything is fine now," Ryo said. "Couldn't find my mask that's all." He explained. Pennyworth nodded. "Then I shall finish the Halloween decorations, sir." The butler said, before heading off.
~~~~~~~~
Ryo tightened his gloves as he made his way down the stairs and out his door. He made his way into the now Halloweenified town of Taft and teleported himself to the tenth floor where the party was to be held. Dim lights filled the cavern walls, giving a spooky setting as the chilled mist hung close to the ground. "Ouu, spooky." He grinned with delight. Ryo doubted he'd be able to recognize anyone, at least at first. Ryo again tightened the gloves around his hands, making sure that they fit snugly. His costume was that of the one and only Batman. He wasn't able to find his cowl, so he was maskless batman which made no sense, but hey he had to do what he had to do. His feet kicked the back of his cape, kicking up small tendrils of fog as he walked. Ryo greeted people as he stopped by, making his way to this 'Jack' NPC.

"What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here's your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself."

Ryo had little time to react as the Jack figure ran around, complimenting people on their costumes, or scolding those who didn't. Not even a chance to ask a question about the item thrust at him. "I wonder if @Teion is here, I'll send a message." Ryo asked himself as he walked around looking for familiar faces. Ryo pulled open his menu, sending Teion a message.

Hey Teion, I was wondering if you were going to make it to this Halloween Party thing. If you do, I'm one of the Batmans running around. I just don't have the mask on. See you soon!

Spoiler

04efcbabbbfbd3a6c9457e99e4d1bbca.jpg

His ponytail is hidden behind his head, and his normal pinkish bangs are now dyed black for the occasion

Telrenya was elated by the atmosphere of the party. For once, everyone around them seemed to just be interested in unwinding and having a good time. When the blonde woman Jomei had introduced as Lessa pulled off her hat and extended an arm, Telrenya took her hand with a gloved one of her own. "Lessa,"

A bubbly smile resting between her cheeks, her attention turned to a man with unruly dark hair. "and Itzal. Nice to meet both of you." She would do her best to commit the names to memory, although she hadn't a clue how she might be able to recognize anyone she met once the party was over and done. Nearly everyone was wearing a costume, her and her friends included.

After hearing Jomei's recollection of the mansion where they had met Spencer, she wasn't sure if she should laugh or shiver at the memory. He seemed to be already acquainted with Itzal as well, and while they briefly made mention of a quest of some sort, Telrenya's head turned to glance over the other players that had begun to populate the room. There were plenty of faces, most of which she assumed she didn't recognize even under their costumes.

@Jomei @Lessa @Itzal

As the other players were beginning to gather, Vigilon was by the refreshments. He saw that Veriost was giving him pleading eyes. He knew exactly what she wanted. "Oh, go ahead, just remember not to over-splurge or anything, we need to leave some for everybody else!" And the small white frost dragon zoomed over to the desserts. Classic Veriost. When Vigilon looked around, he saw more players in the area, and he noticed, that he might be the only one who came with a familiar....Wait, nope, there was someone over at the darts with a familiar that seemed to have been dressed up as the Nemean Lion. Vigilon immediately realized that he hadn't had the thought of finding anything that Veriost might possibly be comfortable going as. After all, she was a dragon, and finding a way to make or find a costume in any way that would work for a dragon? Probably nonexisting. He looked over to a corner, seeing that the Kitsune girl had surprised a child dressed like a chicken. Vigilon decided to wander from group to group, regarding conversations, not that it would be easy.

He walked over, and when he was close, he recognized the Kitsune(By noticing her face) to be Krysta. Now that he was relaxing, rather than being worried over players welfare, lives, etc., he noticed that Krysta looked at least a little cute in that costume. "Hello, Krysta. It's nice to see you again. Cute costume." He wondered if the three would let him join in the conversation for a bit.

@Krysta @Fae @Pinball

Krysta smiled as she shook Fae's hand. "Nice to meet you, Fae!" Fae then remarked about the color that Krysta had found, and that it would be even harder to find one that matched Fae's pink hair. "Oh my, yes, that would be harder!" She then heard a voice that she recognized, but she turned to see an appearance that was unfamiliar. Must be the costume. The player with the familiar voice commented saying her costume was cute. "Aw, thanks. I made it myself! ...Um, sorry to bother you like this, but, who are you again? I can't exactly recognize you, probably due to the costume..." This Halloween party was practically in full swing. The chatter of players had replaced the eerie, uneasy silence that occupied the spacious rooms. She noticed at the food tables, where the desserts were, she could barely see a familiar white dragon. "Veriost? If she is here, does that mean that Vigilon is here?" She thought, not noticing that Vigilon was right in front of her.

@Vigilon @Fae @Pinball

Sky was quite flattered that Dom didn't think his outfit was over the top, and was also quite suprised that he was recognised. He hadn't thought his voice was THAT memorable... As he thought this he realized how shy he seemed, and he was now a guild leader.... This was a trait he had to fix, and had to try and remove and become more confident. He liked how Dom reacted to him calling him scary, saying he wanted to do seem like that, which was true. It was halloween, he was meant to seem creepy, but him and his little girl child thing weren't scary enough to put people off. He watched his reaction with Hestia, him saying what goddess she was, which he honestly didn't know, but noticed that Fire didn't seem to know which goddess it had been either. Fire seemed to just go along with everything, but he didn't have much he could add or say to her so he let it go, and just looked over towards Hestia.

She had a lot of questions, in a row without giving much time to respond to any of them. He didn't know whether to chalk it down to nerves or if she was just trying to spark conversation, though he just went with it and answered each one in turn towards the Goddess.

"Well, for Fire i think i met her on the hill doing the Breaking the Unbreakable quest, which was complete hell.... Some things happened i would rather not speak of involving a fight. As for the game, well.... I love it!" He answers, a smile growing on his hollowed face!

@Domarus@Hestia@Embers

Domarus turned to Embers who was the first of them to reply.  She mentioned how it sounded ridiculous, yet due to it being halloween, anything that passes off as scary would work.  Domarus would grin upon hearing this.  He figured she would have no care in the world about this sort of thing.  Neither did Domarus if he was honest.  The only reason he attended events and parties was to get his good reputation out there.  She was like him however in the sense that nothing scared her.  When you reach that point, everything becomes so intolerably disappointing.  Even enemies in combat aren't terrifying, just seen as a stronger enemy.

"There are those Ember who are naturally scared, and those who cannot be scared.  No matter what costume, outfit, or even battle armor anyone chose to wear, I doubt either of us would be affected by it, let alone scared."  He knew it would not change her view on these players, but at least he helped her sort everyone into two categories in Halloween.  He still saw it as the strong and the weak.  Today, Ember was in the weak category.  She may be getting stronger in spirit and strength, but she was nowhere near Domarus' level of ingenious cleverness.  If the player dressing up as L really was just as intelligent...  Then maybe he had a rival.  However that's all it ever was.  A costume.  Hestia was the next to speak up and when Ember had greeted her, it was clear she too knew nothing of Greek Mythology.  He didn't expect either of them to know who Hestia was really.  Nobody studied the lore deep enough to really be able to identify the girl.  Domarus did though.  All of his notes were written in Greek, so he needed to be careful of whom he showed them now.  He needed to find out who in Aincrad other than him could read Greek.  She asked them how they all knew each other, as well as what they thought of this world and it's diminishing inhabitants.  Stryder went first, talking about how he knew Ember from the martial arts quest and how it was something he'd rather not discuss.  He then shared how he loved this video game, yet said nothing about the people...  Pathetic Domarus thought.  However he wouldn't reveal how he felt about it.

"I know Stryder in a similar fashion.  He, another player and I were assisting someone by the name of Vigilon.  As for Ember, I aided her with her first fight.  Honestly she didn't really need it either.  As for this game and the players in it...  The game needs more objectives in it.  Most MMO's have a large variety of gear and quest lines, whereas this world only has a handful or two of quests, one or two quest lines, and a limited amount of gear styles.  As for the players in SAO, there are three types of players.  The fearful, who are insecure and refuse to leave the safety of the towns.  The strong who wish only to help others and to get us out of this game.  And the strong who care only for themselves and the power they wield in this world, killing any in their way.  I've met all three at this point, and all I can really say is that the players in here are not very different from the people in the real world, other than the fact that everyone shares their love for gaming in this world."

@Stryder @Embers @Hestia

Ruby smiled at Jevi after the brunette complimented how she looked in her maid outfit. She went on to tell of how she helped their guild mate pick out a costume for the night, resulting in Ruby making a mess at this Tailor's shop. So then Ruby needed clean the mess she made while wearing the maid outfit. Jevi looked at Ruby with a cocked brow and wide smirk. Her hands found their way to her own hips, shifting her weight to one leg. ~"Hmm.. you cleaning in a maid outfit huh? Something I could get used to.."  The second part of her sentence she mumbled, her eyes going wide when she realized what she had just said. ~"I-I mean uh.." Jevi looked at the table and saw beverages set up. Hoping there was alcohol in them, he took the cup and downed it quickly. There definitely was, for she could taste it.. but it did nothing to affect her aside from warm her face and belly. She looked at the glass ~"Right.. we can't get drunk." she said to herself under her breath before turning to Ruby as she asked about her own costume. ~"Hey, just because I wear big bulky armor and act tomboyish, doesn't mean I don't like to dress like this every once in awhile." she said with a chuckle, grabbing another of the drinks and hoping that she could at least pretend it was affecting her mentality. She shook her head, ~"In reality.. I normally would never dress like this.. I just saw the costume in the shop and.. thought it looked good on me." She looked down at her body, her muscles definitely more tone than the average person. ~"I'm just happy I actually have the body for it, though I could do without the peering eyes." she looked over her shoulder to see if anyone was ogling her from behind. 

@Ruby