[OP - F10] Trick or Treat~!

So Stryder why do you think this game is great? It is killing people left and right. I mean we are trapped here, and with each growing second more and more people die. While it can be people closer together. It is also causing separations in family, and friends that are made here and in real life. I ask Stryder with a curious look on why anyone would say they love this game in the situation we are in. Wondering what would the response be since i am curious what could someone see in this game that i don't. Finding the loss of life to be something to horrendous to look past to view anything that comes from that as lovely. 

I look towards this @Domarus with a curious look. That isn't telling much about the players Domarus. You more so described their goals of what they try to strive for. The people who are to scared to do anything. Maybe because they fear for their life, or maybe they think it is futile since we are in a MMO. Something that is hard to actually beat the entire way through. You then describe two types of people who are strong. One who help those around them, and others who use their strength to kill. I say as i look at the man dressed like slenderman. Well i can say their are those who don't fit into those categories at this moment. The players who are to low level to be considered the strong. The ones who can't help others, but wish they could but arent strong enough yet. Where do they fall in your three person idea? Cause they don't fear for themselves. They just recognize the fact they aren't strong enough yet. I would consider myself at that stage. I am not strong enough to be of much use besides helping low level players get to where i am, and to help them along with quests. I can be seen as your strong in that case, but i wouldn't. To me i am weak, and will stay that way. Since the strength i gain here won't be transferred over to life. This is a game so this sense of strength isn't real, and if the strength isn't real then who can be called strong by your scale. I question @Domarus curiously. So let me propose my own form of strength and weakness. The strong are those who can not allow this fake strength this world can give people to get to their heads. While the weak are those who let this false sense of power, and grandeur get to them. Where do you think you land in that spectrum that i have presented?

I look to this man with a curious look as my familiar Kuro who is dressed as the nemeon lion is paying attention to this conversation with vested interest. I look towards this player with a curious look. Wondering if i said to much, or said something that didn't make lots of sense to these people. I quickly dispel those thoughts knowing they will get me nowhere in all of this if i have weakness of my beliefs since i could then get swayed to easily by ideas that could be entirely incorrect.

@Stryder@Embers

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot was happening in a very short amount of time, so many had come and so much was happening. Macradon would smile at the presence of actual players being social, it was glad that this was what he helped pushing forward to free from this hellish death game. It was fantastic that something like this was still present, even after all that had been happening throughout the time of the game. Satisfied with the visuals in front of him, Macradon would don his cowl again, shielding off any light to his face, only barely having his mouth shown by the light. He would walk around the main hall but suddenly look at a white cloaked person, cloaked much like how Macradon was cloaked up, but slightly different. Intrigued by this, Macradon would approach to see who it was, who might it be, someone he knew? At least he had to know. Approaching the parson from behind, Macradon would speak up “White beast in front of me, thy sins will be lifted and thy soul will be accepted by whatever deity I’m a monk for” he said.

@Hikoru

Listening to Jevi, eventually she had spoken out mumbling how she could get used to her cleaning in a maid outfit, Ruby had let out a playful "Hm~?" before she had tried to brush it off, Ruby had placed her hands on Jevi's hips playfully playing with her saying "I can be your personal maid if you waaaaant~" she chuckled before letting go also going for a drink, typically Ruby prefers really fine wine, however this drink was acceptable for her tastes. Ruby had giggled and said out to Jevi "Yeah, whats wrong were you wanting to get drunk in front of me Jevi?" she chuckled. Eventually she had went on about her figure and how she's glad that she has the figure however she would like the peering eyes to pretty much go away, Ruby had chuckled as she looked to Jevi and said "Well you can't pry my peering eyes off you, you looking so good in that outfit Jevi. However I can defend you from the peering eyes you are wanting me to." she giggled before taking another drink.

@Jevi

Spencer was getting a tad bored. He thought he had seen Hestia, a girl he met a while ago, but it seemed like she was in a conversation with people he never met before, if that was Hestia that is. He was seeing a lot of scary costumes, so he kind of felt a little different with his penguin costume. Which, to him, wasn't a bad thing if he was a little different, he was just a tad uncomfortable when everyone else was talking and being friends when he was just kind of sitting by himself on a fountain in a full body penguin costume. Well, I never imagined my life to be like this, in a penguin costume on the 10th floor for a halloween event, by myself, sitting on a fountain. Man life can really take you for a loop when you least expect it. Spencer was stuck with thinking, but he almost missed a man dressed in a batman costume. He was surprised to see superheroes, especially with it being an VRMMORPG, he didn't think the game would allow the creation of those types of costumes. He shrugged and walked over to the man, going to tell him that his costume was really cool. 

Spencer got up, basically looked like he waddled over to the man, and smiled at him. "Hey, I know this is random, but I really like your costume." He smiled and blushed a tiny bit, he still wasn't good with talking to strangers at all. "I'm Spencer by the way. I just saw you and decided to say hello and compliment your costume. I wasn't too creative and just grabbed a penguin costume and went with it." He smiled and shrugged again.

@Ryo

Embers was mostly talking with Domarus, after all, she knew him the best…? Maybe, the Kid was second and the god dressed person she didn’t know for the life of her. But, she couldn’t stop her ears from listening to Stryder speaking, even more when her name came up in conversation. Sure, he said ‘fire’, but she damn well knew that refered to her. However, he started talking about their ‘fight’. The girl snorted. Fight was one word for it. More correct would be the Kid being arrogant and deserving to be hit….

So Embers simply punched Stryder in the arm, for the second time that night. “You deserved to have your ass kicked for that” the girl said simply to him, along with a glare that said she would do it. She may be lower levelled, but she’d do it out of spite if she had to. And he should know that already…

Then Domarus finally spoke up, and well, he wasn’t wrong. Scary, well, it was something that hadn’t gotten her. See a clown walking around, or something who was dressed up as some movie or super natural creature, that wasn’t scary. ‘Scary’ was rock climbing without any safety equipment and if you messed up, you fall to your death. That got her heart going. Sometimes, maybe, she could ‘understand’ that someone is scared by a movie, but often times, she couldn’t not laugh at them. It wasn’t real and that was the reality. Something in a game, or movie, wasn’t real and couldn’t hurt you! So why the hell did it scare them! Embers figured she needed to reply, and shrugged “If you ask me, you’re right there. Often times it’s just behind a screen, it ain’t bloody real so why get worked up about it? Real fear is when you can actually get hurt and killed, not watching some fake monster while stuffing your face full of popcorn”.

Last on her mental list, Hestia, the girl who dressed as a god or something? Mythology wasn’t something Embers cared for learning. They were fake, or dead, so who cares? Then again, she didn’t care for much in her schooling life outside PE class. She would have opened her mouth, but Stryder and Domarus, better in her mind as ‘Kid’ and ‘Dragon’, starting speaking, and too a great length that Embers got, well, bored. She didn’t understand why they were being so, well, in-depth. In her mental bordem, she looked around and Would have gotten herself a drink except, well…you can’t get drunk in SAO which sucked! She missed booze, then again, she also missed starting bar fights for the singular reason that she could punch someone in the face and not get in trouble.

There soon came another player Pinball didn't recognize, costumed, as was the general trend thus far. He started talking to the girl that had surprised Fae and him, and Pinball felt increasingly uncomfortable. He really wasn't a fan of larger groups of people, and it became painfully obvious that this was the case the longer he spent in them. They seemed to be paying him no mind for the moment, which he appreciated. He knew he would have to start talking soon, or someone else would question his silence, which would also be... uncomfortable. Everything about this is going to make you uncomfortable, he chided himself. Just suck it up and speak. And he would, when he found some sort of way to reconnect himself to the conversation. Right now, however, he didn't want want to interrupt whatever reunion was going on between the character dressed as a Fox and the other, newly arrived player.

Ruby continued her flirting with Jevi, keeping the small blush on her cheeks the entire time. Honestly, she did not mind the blonde's antics, sometimes they were even welcomed. After mentioning how she was not the biggest fan of guys looking at her body while in this costume, Ruby offered to protect her if need be. Jevi looked to Ruby with a cocked brow, ~"Hey.. you may be a higher level than me.. But I still know how to kick a guy's ass. Got into plenty of fights with boys when I was younger." she said with a grin. She raised the small glass of the orange liquid up to her lips, taking a sip. It tasted like some sort of spiked punch.. though, of course, the alcohol would have no effect on their mentality. ~"Alright, lets go see what else this party has to offer." The woman in her warrior outfit led Ruby away from the snack table and towards where everyone was gathered in the foyer. Many players were mainly gathered around talking, or looking at the possible prizes they could win in their display cases. Looking around, the only players she would recognize were her guild mates. Jevi turned around to look at Ruby, ~See anything you want to do?" 

@Ruby

Illia had viewed her notification among her menu systems, a trick or treat party it seemed rather normal for the fact of being stuck in a game. The carrot-top had been mulling over the concept of costumes that could fit with her style. Eventually she just let herself collapse for hours on end as she decided that her best option was simply dressing up like a man who had his hair covered by a hood. It was a snow white robe embroidered with golden partial stars that were half hidden by a pink stripe about the edges it a appeared somewhat like she was attempting to masquerade as some sort of magician for her costume, though it was also easily to be mistaken as some people's normal garment if they hadn't seen her usual outfit. Only time and the hosts of the party could tell whether or not her costume was acceptable. In a worse case scenario she could pull the robe further down and cut small holes into it to appear like a ghost, the poor woman's costume if ever there was one.

Illia slowly waddled forward into the encampment, each step closer caused her to wince realizing that it came off less like a costume and more down shady or antisocial. Her hands reached up for only a second as she then frowned noting that a ghost costume was better to disguise someone who didn't want there true nature or appearance revealed. Illia's mind raced to much for costume design as she glanced about the others being far more crative with there options. Instead of worrying, Illia would sigh and make her way toward  the groups uncertain of whom would be most open to new company.

"Trick or treat? Wish I brought you something good to eat."

Spoiler

original.gif

She had let out a giggle after she had said out that she still knows how to kick a guys ass, she had said out after she had gotten the case of the giggles: "Well well, sexy and strong? Can't ask for anything more myself." she had let out a giggle "However I trust that you know how to kick someone's ass, between you and me you are the one with the blade here." Eventually Jevi and Ruby had gotten tired of the snack table and she had said out to her to see what else the party hads to offer. With a nod of her head she had looked around with Jevi for a bit looking at the many different games and stuff that was around, Jevi had asked if there was anything she really wanted to do, Ruby didn't really know however she could really go for some sort of fruit so she had said to her "Bop for some apples?" she had giggled as she walked over to a cauldron that said was the game to bop for apples and she had bent down to try to get one of the apples.

@Jevi

Sky didn't like Dom's view on the players, either weak or strong. Some players just weren't strong enough yet.... Weren't strong enough to help others. It really unease's him just how Dom acted in general, he didn't know whether he could feel safe around him or not. He seemed to be more interested in talking to Embers then himself, so he decided against responding to Dom... He looked towards Hestia, listening to her asking why he liked it here. He didn't have much to think about, he had done that enough.

"I love this world because i'm a gamer. People have died here, but many others are still alive, and many of them are making great friends here. Everyone who survives this game will exit knowing that they did something with there lives... Also, in the real world, theres not much i can do to help people, if i see someone in danger theres not much i can do. Here, i can protect people, i can feel like im doing something worthwhile, and iv made a lot of friends here" He answers @Hestia

(Sorry for pisspot effort, missing small amounts of mojo)

@Embers @Domarus

Domarus listened as Hestia actually countered Domarus, choosing to open up a debate with him rather than listen and agree.  She pointed out how he had described their goals but nothing about the players, describing three types of people.  She then added that there were others who didn't fit into either category.  As she continued to present her argument and closed in on the end, and when she presented that the strength this world had to offer was false, he smiled, the action showing through the skin tight white cloth over  his head.  It would seem he had run into someone who could keep up with him, and even challenge him to back up his words, had the guts to point out the obvious flaws, and not even blink.  She was of course, right.  Domarus had made a serious paraphrase of what he used with Embers but it was clear it would not work on this girl.  This young woman was too intelligent for that.  He noticed two other things as well.  The first was that Stryder seemed uncomfortable, but hopefully this would change after his reply to Hestia.  As for @Embers, she seemed to be getting rather bored rather fast, though she seemed eager to agree with Domarus' comment on scared individuals.  Domarus chuckled a little bit before he nodded to Hestia and spoke up.

"You're absolutely right @Hestia.  My apologies if it seemed I wasn't exactly caring about individuals and their own lives.  I do in fact care.  Yang.  A player on the first floor who hasn't overcome his fear yet, but has managed to open up a shop and is helping any player by giving them tips, tricks, and basic gear he can craft with what little materials he has.  Carson.  An ambitious player I saved from getting killed by four mobs he attempted to take on by himself.  Wants to do the same, keeping players from dying, helping starter players get a steady grinding rhythm.  Gretel.  Was looking for revenge on a pker who murdered her brother.  I saved her from committing suicide against him and got the pker in question locked up, telling her that killing a killer only makes you as bad as they are.  Forgive my previous statement Hestia, it was a rather loose paraphrase.  I know that it goes deeper than strength, and I know that strength in this world is an illusion.  When we get out of this world, everyone will be just as powerful as the day they started.  More then likely we'll all be as fragile as a twig.
     "I agree also with your idea of weakness and strength.  There are many categories that people can be filed into.  Selfish or selfless.  Deceitful and trustful.  Intelligent or ignorant.  Kind or cruel.  As for where I see myself in?  I know that I can never be as strong as I want to be.  There will always be something I cannot achieve on my own.  This is why I've worked to make friends.  This is why I've made the bonds I have.  I wish to gain friends and allies, help them reach their potential.  Not just through strength and stats, but of the mind as well.  While I am a gamer and this can be fun for me too @Stryder, you must remember that over half of the population in Aincrad will more than likely be traumatized by this event, and that it will scar them for life.  It's important that we get these players out of this game, but it's also important that we help them handle their fear in the right way.  I know of seventy two players as of now who have committed suicide and I'd like to keep this from happening.  I hope that one day my guild can make such a difference in the future."  
Much of what he said had been the truth.  Domarus knew that the perfect lie was build of mostly truth, with only a small portion being the lie.  The lie, was that he actually cared about players.  He cared in the sense that it was important to his reputation, but he didn't legitimately care about the lives of those souls.  Of course there would be no hint of a lie on his face, or any body language for that matter.  Hopefully this was enough to sway Stryder as well.

Kaluluwa was in his shop when he received a message about the Halloween event. Figuring that he had nothing better to do, he planned on going to the Halloween party despite never having celebrated Halloween in his life. Kaluluwa believed that the Halloween party was a chance to meet new people, especially frontliners. What you know is not the only important thing in life. Who you know might just save you from some trouble. Assuming that Kaluluwa can survive long enough to become stronger, he would eventually need to learn who the other frontliners are. He wanted to meet the people sooner, rather than later, in case he makes a fool out of himself on the first (and hopefully not the last) boss fight he participates.

The costume that Kaluluwa was wearing was ironic. He believed that his costume of the one-eyed giant known as Bungisngis, who was in a perpetual state of laughter, would provide an amusing contrast to his usual outward appearance and behavior. He even hoped that it would crack a smile or two. However, Kaluluwa had the gnawing feeling that the others at the party would only see a “cyclops” costume with tusks and bared teeth.

Upon reaching the rusty gate of the mansion, an amorphous being with a flaming pumpkin for its head appeared out of thin air. In response, Kaluluwa tensed up, worried that he had fallen into a trap before remembering that he was inside of a safezone. “What a nice costume! It is great to see you here at this event. Here’s your item for showing and I hope you enjoy yourself.”

“Thank you,” Kaluluwa responded as a notification opened up showing that he has gained a new item. When he walked into the foyer, he was surprised at how fancy (and how eerily looking) it was. The chandelier, the wavering candles, and items at the very end of the foyer fulfilled the purpose of a haunted mansion. In response to the spectacle before him, he gave a small grunt of approval. Looks like you’ve outdone yourself for this event Kayaba.

<<+1 Candy-Guard.>>

I nod my head at hearing @Domarus answer to my response. Finding it to be just fine, and glad he voices the fact that people are dying each day within this game which puts all of us at risk. Since the less players they are of any level means less help for the future frontline members. So @Domarusyou mentioned you are part of some guild. What does it do, and what is it called? I ask out of curiosity. Since this would be the second guild i have come into contact right after the Celestial Ascendent members i have met during my duration of this game. Also who is that girl with you? I mean she seems to be just fine being near you, and...listening. Not really saying much. Is she more of a shy person? I say a bit weirded out by that fact. Hoping that the girl is just shy, and not the path of thinking this girl is some kind of servant is what my other thought would be.

What about yourself @Stryder? have any guild that you are part of? I ask very curious to know the answer to that. I then look around the party at people who are arriving noticing someone that i know actually enter the party. I grin seen Illia and waits to finish this conversation up before going around to all the other people who are in this party to try and get to know them. Also what level are all of you? I ask curiously wondering if any of them are around my level so i can team up with them if they are. I am level 16 myself. I tell the three of you.

Ryo scanned the crowd trying to see if he could somehow pin point her out. With no luck he continued walking. Perhaps he should mingle a bit, make a friend or two. He stopped in his tracks, and kicked at a small rock on the ground, sending it lightly in a direction. Maybe she was already here? Or maybe she didn't plan on coming at all, and his invitation was sent with such a sort notice. Ryo adjusted his ponytail, still unused to the feeling. A squeak from behind caught him off guard, and Ryo turned quickly his cape catching the fog and tossing it aside. He turned only to face what seemed to be the chest of a penguin. Ryo took a step back. "My apologies. You kinda snuck up on me there." He said, apologizing for how close he had gotten. The giant of a man stood clad in a penguin costume of all things. "Ah, Spencer." Ryo said again, commiting the name to memory. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Ryo. And as for your penguin costume it's good. At least better than the players who didn't show up in one." Ruo said, jabbing a thumb at the group of players. 

@Spencer

Ruby suggested the two try to bob for apples, which was a small game set up on the far wall of the foyer. As they approached, the brunette saw it was a large metal cauldron filled to the brim with water. Inside, floated multiple apples, both green and red. After the player in front of them had failed to grab an apple with their mouth, Ruby stepped up to the cauldron. Placing a hand on each side of the rim of the pot, she took in a deep breath before shoving her face into the water. Jevi stood just behind the woman, watching to see when she would come up. Her eyes could not help but drift down to her skirt, which was starched just enough to pop up a bit as she bent over. Jevi's cheeks turned red as she quickly turned around , standing just behind her to keep others from taking a look at the girl's ass.. just as she had. 

As Jevi turned around to 'stand guard' for Ruby, she was greeted by the next player waiting in line with a playful scare, who wore a terrifying zombie-clown costume. The sudden look of the mask had started Jevi, causing her to stumble backwards and grab onto the first thing she found behind her. She froze, and her cheeks burned bright when she realized that what she grabbed onto was soft and fleshy. Slowly looking over her shoulder, she realized her hand was grabbed onto Ruby's ass. The clown player laughed at the woman, You should have seen your- but before he had a chance to finish, Jevi's fist was already launching forward into his gut. The punch knocked the man onto his back, Guh... G-Guess I deserved that. Sorry. A frazzled Jevi turned back around to Ruby, ~"S-Sorry I didn't mean to." her cheeks still red.

@Ruby

After speaking for the short while with Lessa and Itzal, Jomei looked over to table in the far corner where Jevi had found Ruby. Seeing that they had left and were enjoying the party together, Jomei looked back to Telrenya. "Would you like to come with me to grab a drink?" With the girl next to him, Jomei walked over to the refreshment table, where he saw glasses of some sort of punch already set up. Some of them were marked as being 'spiked', while some on the other side were not. Jomei looked to Tel to see which she would prefer, before handing her one and taking one of the orange spiked ones for himself. He brought the tall glass up to his lips, taking a sip. From here, Jomei scanned the room, looking to see what players he recognized, what activities the party had for them, and what the rest of his guild was doing. Just as he thought about his guild, he watched a man in a clown outfit get laid out on the ground, Jevi's fist extended. Jomei watched with wide eyes before sighing and chuckling. 

Jomei was curious about some of the raffle prizes the party offered, so they walked up the short set of stairs to where multiple display cases stood with different items. A weapon, some armor, a piece of candy.. the last one, however, caught his attention. It was a pumpkin... nothing special to it.. but had a weird vibe to it. Jomei leaned in to get a better look. "Why that, my friend, is none other than The Pumpking. It seems he was defeated a long time ago, but his soul was transferred to this pumpkin right here. Now, now, I assure you he's harmless; simply looking for an owner is all! Just be mindful not to wake him up before the prizes are drawn, would you?

Jomei quickly shot up straight and span around, to see the pumpkin-headed Jack standing there, staring at him with flickering candle-fire like eyes. "Jeez... I thought you were outside.." Jomei said with a heavy breath while laughing. "Pumpking huh.." Jomei said, looking back at the pumpkin with a smirk. "I remember taking down that boss last year, really gave Calrex some trouble if I remember." he said laughing again. He looked over to Telrenya, who was still standing with him observing the prizes. "Looks like they have a couple of games going on around the party, anything you see that you'd like to play?" he said, a warm smile on his face. 

@Telrenya

As Ruby had been bobbing for apples, eventually she had felt a hand upon a part of her body, she had felt it to be a hand upon her butt. Looking over she had seen that it was JEvi grabbing onto her butt and there had been a guy who had been looking, shortly Jevi had given the man a punch in a safe zone forcing him backwards a bit. She had straighted herself looking towards Jevi grabbing a apple out of the cauldron after this event and said out to her "Thank you for saving me from that guy staring for too long, but your grip needs a little work if you are going to grab my butt. I like it better when you firmly grab it. Remember that." she winked at her. Eventually she had wrapped one her arms around Jevi's arm and said out to her with a smile "Well, you are the one asking to do something around here, I am willing to do whatever you are wanting to." she chuckled.

@Jevi

Embers had grown really, really bored and eventually wandered off for a drink. While it wouldn't get her drunk, it was nice to drink anyway. Although, she deeply missed the buzz she received from alcohol. With two cups in hand, both for herself, she returned to the group to hear they had Finally moved on. The first conversation was just boring, too wide about players she didn't care about. It was Hestia talking to Domarus about...a guild?! Wait, Dragon-Boy was in a guild? She looked at this username and spotted the symbol, then looked at Stryder. The same. Was that...the symbol for a guild? She always assumed it was just a statement to lower level players warning them against fighting people like them.

"Wait, what?! You're part of a guild now Drag?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she took herself a drink, her brain reminding her about the 0% alcohol in the drink. "When did that happen eh? Urg, y'all never tell me nothing" She left out a huff, though she wasn't angry. More that she was just bored, all their talk had been about like, people who they didn't know. They were dead so who cares anymore. Let the dead be dead, remember, but don't pander. 

Hestia brought up levels, and Embers finished her first drink. Out of the 4 of them, she was easily the lowest level at only 10. It pissed her off knowing she was so weak, and so opted not to reply, mostly out of annoyance, and focused on her drink instead. 

@Domarus @Stryder @Hestia

Edited by Embers

Sato shuffled his feet and set his untouched cup of punch down. He wasn't the biggest fan of parties, but he was glad to be here. He was embarrassed, though. He had spent the last few minutes trying to figure out how to drink his beverage with a jack o'lantern on his head, only to realize he would likely not succeed at all. He was also pretty sure the pumpkin was very stuck on his head and he would likely need assistance removing it. He saw a few players he had met a time or two, but he wasn't particularly familiar with anyone, and he wasn't going to go ask them for help, so he resigned himself to his fate and hung him pumpkin in shame. On the bright side, no one could see who was in there... Unless they looked at his health bar closely.

His stomach twisted in knots, but he quickly talked himself down. All of this happening while he just stood near the refreshment table. He sighed and tried to see if there were any party games or activities he might be able to do with the gourd stuck on his head.

Fae was super excited to meet someone new as she always was, and had a big smile on her face. When Krysta commented on how it would be harder to find fur that matched Fae's bright pink hair, Fae lowered the hood on her costume and it covered her hair again. "Yeah, that was another reason Fae didn't go with a kitsune for a costume, it would be way too difficult." Fae said, looking up at Krysta and taking a step back to give her space.

Another player showed up and Fae got worked up again. So many people were here, it was honestly a bit overwhelming for Fae, but she kept herself maintained and introduced herself again. "Hi mister! You've got a nice costume too! Fae is Fae, who are you mister? Fae might know you, but the costume makes it hard to tell." Fae asked walking towards him and looking up.

@Krysta @Vigilon