[SP-F2] Foxhunt

Krysta was in floor 2, walking with little worry. Since she now had some light armor to protect herself, there was little to worry about regarding the monsters that usually infested this floor. There were things she first expected for a simple training trip, but this training trip wouldn't be as simple as she would have thought it would be. "With this mitigation I now have, there shouldn't be much for me to worry about. Normally I wouldn't be sure about leaving the safe zone already, but this helpful mitigation brings me courage, primarily because most of the monsters here don't do very much damage over 18..." She began to follow a river, until she saw something beside it. Krysta recognized it as a fox the same color as her own hair. But wasn't it first sighted on floor 1? She guessed that they appeared wherever the floor's monsters usually consisted of common wildlife. She began running towards it, wondering if she could fight it or loot it.

Krysta drew near the creature, and it noticed her coming and snarled defensively. She drew her blade and stepped back a little. She waited for the fox to make the first move. The fox lunged at her, and she attempted to retaliate with the sword art Rip Ravine, but the fox dodged the attack. "Eh? you must be more agile than the other one I'd faced back on the first floor! Well, I'm not giving up, since we've only just begun!" The standoff lasted for about several minutes. The Blonde Fox remained in an offensive stance, growling and snarling. Krysta took this time to think. "So if this wasn't the best way to approach this fight, then how should I work with this standoff situation? I need to be able to strike this agile beast." She stepped back a little, and took a duelist's stance. She didn't know if she could easily find a way to defeat her enemy, like the more strategic players that she knew of.

ID# 89973 Mob: 6(Hit)

ID# 89974 BD: 3(Miss)

Rip Ravine: Missed!

Krysta: 39/40, EP 2/4  4 Base DMG, 18 Mitigation

Enemies:

Blonde Fox: HP 20/20, 6 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta had to win. First, she would try and evade, then she would strike. She jumped out of the way in time, then swung her blade, dealing damage to the fox. Suddenly, there was a voice coming from the trees. "Heya! Fighting mobs?" Krysta turned to the direction of the sound, and saw a girl who seemed no older than ten sitting on a tree limb. She had sky blue hair in a ponytail, and straight hair flowed down from the sides of her head. "Ah! Um, yes. I'm afraid I need to stay focused right now, so..." The small girl smiled and said, "Hey, it's alright, no pressure! I'm gonna watch and see what happens..." Perhaps the girl would only intervene should things take a turn for the worse. Nevertheless, there was a fight going on that Krysta had to finish. "Now, should I keep my current approach, or will my enemy anticipate that?"

ID# 90339 Mob: 5(Miss)

ID# 90340 BD: 7(Hit)

Krysta: 39/40, EP 2/4

Enemies:

Blonde Fox: HP 16/20

Edited by Krysta

Krysta waited for the fox to make a move, then she would evade and retaliate. The fox lunged at her, and she jumped out of the way, although she wasn't able to utilize an attack that the fox wouldn't anticipate. The fox moved out of the way. "Argh, hold still, will you?" "Yup, they'll do that. Avoid all attacks like nobody's business. Why don't you try striking it immediately after evading? Blend the movements together, and it might turn out smoothly! Then again, I use a one handed spear. I honestly don't know how it works with a rapier..." Krysta took that into thought, and she looked at the beast in front of her. It was still snarling, it's teeth bared, and it was ready to lunge again, but only at what it believed would be the right moment. Krysta would have to evade, then strike quickly before it had a chance to dodge.

ID# 90375 Mob: 4(Miss)

ID# 90376 BD: 4(Miss)

Krysta: 39/40, EP 2/4

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta
  • 3 weeks later...

Krysta waited for the fox to make a move, then she would strike. She wondered if she actually could use the tactic the small girl spoke of. Krysta sidestepped to the right, but her foe was expecting that. The fox lunged at Krysta, sinking its teeth into her arm, which she moved in front of her neck, where the fox seemed to have been aiming. Krysta managed to get the fox off her arm, but she was unable to retaliate. "Thank goodness that damage was mitigated..." The girl noticed Krysta's attempt, and said, "These fights tend to be very hit or miss, so to speak. I'm happy to know you have fair mitigation as well!" The girl then heard some rustling nearby, then she saw three foxes slowly emerging from the overgrowth. "There's more of them! I'll handle those so you don't get overwhelmed!" Krysta turned around, and saw the foxes. "Well, I guess they are social creatures every now and then..."

ID# 91067 Mob: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

ID# 91068 BD: 4(Miss)

Krysta: 38/40, EP 2/4

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta