15 Base Damage
151 Mitigation
57 Battle Healing
+42 Thorns
+1 Paralyze
+1 Taunt
+6 Heavy Momentum

Equipped Items:
» «White Edged Blade» (+9 DMG) (Tier 3, One Handed Curved Sword)
» «White Edged Aegis» (+21 Thorns, +1Paralyze, +1 Taunt) (Tier 3, Shield): 
» «White Edged Protector» (+21 Thorns, +6 Heavy Momentum) (Tier 3, Heavy Armor)
» *«Dimensional Backpack» (+1 Battle Ready Inventory extra slot)
» *«Darksteel» (+81 Mitigation) (Tier 3, Protector Familiar)
» *«Darksteel Pendant» (Tier 3, Vanity Trinket)

The blond tank stood there, wearing his Tier three equipment, his Sword sheathed in his shield that was folded up on his side. His White armor stood out in the floor as he stood there next to his dark armor adorned friend. "Alright, Shall we get this show on the road, Itzal?" They had wasted enough time on this dragon quests, and they had skipped around it for quite some time. He was interested in end rewards, not just from the final boss, but from the SP rewards from the quests themselves.  "Oh, I almost forgot something, remind me of Dwarven Technology when we the on the road and out of the public eye. I need to show you something I found while I was... fighting some mobs...." He turned away beginning to hike up the trail into the woods that lie around them. 

Spoiler

Chaos - 364 SP
Level 70
HP: 1520
EN: 140
DMG: 33 - 45(+Fallen) - 50(+Fallen,+Charge) - 51 (+Fallen, Charge, Surprise Attack)
MIT: 0
ACC: 5
EVA: 3
Battle-Healing: 76
Burn: 36*2
Hide: +5
Poison: 18*4

Equipment:
Hell Reaver: 2 Fallen, 2 Burn
Demon's Cloak: Paralytic Immunity, 2 EVA
Deadly Precision: 3 ACC
Dimensional Backpack
Dimensional Pouch
Skills:
R.5 One-Handed Straight Sword- 50
R.5 Light Armor - 50
R.5 Charge - 50
R.5 Battle Healing - 50
R.5 Hide - 50
R.2 Martial Arts - 13
R.3 Familiar Fighter - 18
R.0 Survival - 3
Mods:
Surprise Attack - 15
Vanish - 15
Emergency Recovery - 10
Precision: 15
Sprint - 15

Battle Inventory:
-T3 Food Rations: +120 Max HP - Used
-T3 HP Crystal: Regen 360 HP 
-T3 DMG Crystal: +9 DMG - Used
-T3 Protein Bar: +9 DMG, -81 MIT - Used
-T3 Poison Tonic: +18 DOT/4 Turns - Used
-T3 Accurate Edible: +1 ACC - Used
-Penelope's Kiss: 1 ACC, 2 EVA

Chaos stood there, looking on into the darkening skies of Floor 21. One hand rested upon the hilt of his sword, while the other remained holding detailed information of the guild, Celestial Ascendants. It was his current guild that he planned to bring an end to. The downfall of the Ascendants would bring him closer to his final goal, and finally rid himself of the horrible nagging that the Blond Tank Player could be the brother of his once fiancee'. He found most players were lower level, easily taken down in groups by his highest subordinates, or he could call in a few favors to kill them. He had to act upon the Paladin's and Sentinels quick though, as they would be quick to anger. Fang, the large hellhound he had found on the ninth floor sat his heels, waiting for a command. Fang also wanted more, ever since the downfall of Morgenstern's Familiar, it seemed to want more. Of course, its first action was his order. 

"With Morzan busy breaking apart the Celestial Ascendants and the Knights of the Blood, and Orik bringing more and more information of the social paths of the leaders, the Ascendants shall soon meet their fall. There Fang, that is when the people of Aincrad will finally become aware of our existence. Most will hide, others will try to become in my way, and I wall simply mow them down" He glanced to the side, allowing himself to indulge himself in more information. 

The Scout Paladin, Username Itzal, has connected to the Healer Paladin, Kasier, on a romantically social level. Kasier was also quite low leveled and not good against soloing foes, while Itzal was much stronger, and moved off of his feelings. He grinned. Kasier was too weak to fight against him, Morgenstern could be baited and destroyed or perhaps even controlled at the thought that he knew where his sister was. Itzal, would most likely fall, give himself up to save Kasier's life. Finally, he needed information on Hikoru, but that would proved difficult. The man kept to himself at most times. 

@Itzal

Spoiler

General
Level: 69
HP: 1,410
Energy: 138

DMG: 16 (base 1 damage + 9 dmg (Velnia) +5 sword skill +1 Athletics)

SP Available:  3

Total SP:  351

Equipped Items

Yakimba (+2 Bleed +2 Paralysis Tier 2)

Niger Natio  (+3 evasive Tier 2)
Beauty Incarnated  (+3 Accuracy Tier 1)

-------------------------------------------

Twilight Cloak  (+3 LD Tier 1)
Faithkeeper  (+3 Accuracy Tier 2)
Skyreach  (+3 Col Multiplier Tier 1)

Skills: 

Grandmaster one handed straight sword (+5 DMG) <50 sp>

Master light armor (+18 MIT) <35 sp>

Grandmaster Search and Detect  (+5 LD) <50 sp>

Gatherer (turns each material found into the ammount of 4) <10 sp>

Picking (+3 LD when opening chests) <15 sp>

Velnia (Rank 3 Fighter: +9 dmg) <18 sp>

Grandmaster Charge (+5 dmg first attack) <50 sp>

Grandmaster Battle Healing (+5% total health per combat post) <50 sp>

Mods:

Reveal (+2LD when searching for dungeons or players.  Dungeons rolled for every 15 posts rather than 20) <9 sp>

Detect (+1 to dungeon searching, +3 to player, npc, mob searching, all player stealth bonuses are negated) <9>
Night Vision (Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness, as well as negating others stealth bonuses from it) <5>

Dismantling (+2 LD for picking chests)  <8 sp>
Athletics: +1 dmg +10 * tier HP

Extra/locked Skills: 

Meditation 0 ranks

Survival not yet purchased

Disguise (when activated, turns Itzal into his opponent, giving him +1 BD and his opponent -1 BD during Itzal's and the opponent's turn.  can only be used every 12 turns

Expert Martial Arts (+3 unarmed damage) <23 sp>

Itzal nodded to Jonathan with a smile.  He wanted to get these quests done, not only to get them out of the way and complete the questline, but also to gain strength so he could take down Fearx.  And more importantly:  Death Adder.  Itzal would not let either of these players get the better of him.  Never.  "Yeah, let's get this questline cleared out Jon!"  Velnia did a little loop the loop in the air, ready for adventuring.  Itzal chuckled and was glad he had Velnia with him.  She made thing less stressful for him.  If not for her, he doubted that he would be smiling anymore.  Jonathan mentioned something about dwarven technology and Itzal looked at him, nodding in understanding.  "Let's hurry out then.  I'm anxious to hear what you've managed to pick up my friend."  He walked alongside Jonathan, his hood and mouthpiece taken down so he could talk with him more easily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Fearx - 366 SP
Used SP:  358
Level 70
HP: 1,595
EN: 140
DMG:  43 (Fallen/Holy / DMG consumable / Protein)  48 (Fallen/Holy / DMG consumable / Protein / Charge)
MIT: 71 (MIT Crystal / Athletics + consumable - Protein)
ACC: 5 (Precision / Absolute Accuracy)
Battle-Healing: 72
Flame Aura:  30 dmg, non crit.
Paralysis:  9-10
Paralytic Immunity

Equipment:

Weapon:  Spear of Uzziel 1 Fallen, 1 Holy 1 Keen, 1 Absolute Accuracy
A golden spear with sapphire and ruby jewels on the blade.

Armor:  Wings of Hasmal  2 Flame Aura, 1 Paralytic Immunity
A golden set of armor with silver wings that ignite when Flame Aura Activates.

Spoiler

Fearx Armor.jpg

Trinket:  All Seeing Eyes  3 ACC
A set of invisible contacts that turn into the Eye of Sauron whenever Fearx spots an opening or weak point.

Dimensional Backpack:  +1 Inventory Slot
Dimensional Pouch:  +1 Inventory Slot

Skills:

R - 5 2H Spear Rank 5:  50 SP
R - 5 Heavy Armor Rank 5:  50 SP
R - 5 Battle Healing Rank 5:  50 SP
R - 5 Charge Rank 5:  50 SP
N/A - Extended Weight Limit:  15 SP
R - 5 Searching Rank 5:  50 SP
R - 3 Familiar Mastery Damage Rank 3:  18 SP
N/A - Parry:  12 SP
Survival:  - -
Disguise:  - -

Mods:

Ferocity:  15 SP - Active
Precision:  15 SP - Active
Emergency Recovery:  10 SP - Active
Athletics:  9 SP - Active
Night Vision:  5 SP
Detect:  9 SP - Active

Battle Inventory:

Slot 1:  Safeguard - Used
Slot 2:  Tier 3 Overhealth +150 HP - Used
Slot 3:  Tier 3 Damage Crystal - Used
Slot 4:  Tier 3 MIT Crystal - Used
Slot 5:  Tier 3 Healing Crystal
Slot 6:  Tier 3 Protein
Slot 7:  Teleport Crystal
Slot 8:  Tier 3 Toxic Venom - Used

Fearx walked through the shadowed cavern of the twenty first floor.  The only floor he'd been finding even the slightest challenge, though not at all really.  Even field bosses were pathetic at this point.  This world that he had conquered.  This world that was a supposed death trap?  He had overcome every difficulty it had to offer.  He was bored.  That's what happened when you became the best in the world.  Nothing could beat you so life was dull.  He lost track of the player killers he had butchered.  He soloed an event boss once.  It was how he had first gained followers.  Originally he had no intention for allies, but soon he realized that due to this world becoming a boring old shrivel of a game, he would need others to entertain him.  One individual however, had come to his attention.  A player named Itzal.  He had a run in with the Scout Paladin and had discovered that they knew each other.  Itzal was Fearx' ancient and long time Rival.  And now that he was in Aincrad, Fearx had a chance to finally fight someone on his level.  There was only one small problem with this.  Itzal had grown lax in this world.  Evidently he met a player or two who made him soft.  Now he had to work towards getting the player to get stronger.  It was fun though, messing with him.  Gave him something to do.  That wasn't the current difficulty however.  The issue was what his most trusted informant Grelda, who had been keeping tabs on the guild and Itzal for him, had shared with Fearx.  Someone was gathering intel on the guild related to Itzal.  She found a name as well:  Chaos.  She had put the name in her tracking mod, but it didn't work, which meant that Chaos had the appropriate hiding mod.

Fearx had his five allies hidden just in case this Chaos had followers of his own.  They could deal with his small fry while Fearx dealt with the player Chaos.  Just for the sake of it he began calling them the seven Virtues, or rather the opposite of the seven sins.  Grela, his master of stealth, scout, informant, and a good dps as well, was the Virtue of Diligence.  Michael, his main dps/tank, was the Virtue of Chastity.  Azrael, his main dps focused on damage rather than balance, was the Virtue of Patience.  Morgana, his strongest tank, was the Virtue of Liberty.  Sarah, his most dedicated healer, was the Virtue of Kindness.  All he could do for now was look for the player.  He started by searching the higher ground areas for the player, which gave him a great view.  Then to his surprise, he spotted the man.  He was across a decently sized ravine on the hill opposite to him.  Fearx stopped as he observed the man.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan stepped forward with Itzal at his heels. He had an idea of range where the dragon would be found, but it would take a small while to reach that point. He made a full circle scan before assuring himself that nobody was within distance. He took a breath before looking back to Itzal. "Alright, I was hunting around the twenty-first floor, when I ran into a large group of goblins. One of the last goblins were carrying this, and he seemed to try to be working it, but could not figure it out" He brought out the large bar of silvery, but now dented metal. He turned it around so Itzal could see that it was an average looking bar of metal. "After I examined it though, I discovered something" He flipped the switch and the metal bar decompressed into a bent and broken robot warrior. It laid lifeless on the ground. "It took me a while to put it back to into the block form, but it appears to be a mechanical guard of some sort, but it attacked me on sight, even though I was the one who activated it. I am guessing it attacks all but Dwarven kind.... The goblins have access to it nevertheless, and once they figure out the properties, any time further we try to clear out one of their bases to become closer to the answers we need, we will be answering to these guys. My guess is that they would only use them in case of our attack was a massacre of goblins" He poked the machine cautiously, hoping it did not stir back to life. 

"Trust me, these things are no joke. Super high damage, and Super high health. Low defenses, slow, but extremely accurate. My 1 on 1 Batttle with this thing was cut close. Five of these things is a small army already. If it was us against three of us, I would suggest retreating for sure" 

Chaos stood there upon the mountain. He was awaiting on an important member of his team to arrive, and arrive she did. Fyre, a short woman with amber eyes and dark chocolate hair met him at the top of the hill he stood upon. Her Amber eyes looked lit in the darkness. If she was his level, she would be intimidating. She was still a pretty high level, but no where near one such as himself. "I have reports... master" He smiled as he turned. "Good, I presume all went well with the Red Claw?" She shook her head, bowing her head down in his presence. "I am afraid we had no such luck, master. They have refused the offer and spoke how they wanted nothing more of us" He raised an eyebrow. "The Red Claw should soon learn who they want their allies to be. No worries, I will have a personal talk with Adon myself. He just needs a little... per say, convincing" The woman pointed, her read nail with swirling oranges glinting in the faint light of the floor. She was pointing at the shadow of a figure that appeared to be staring their way. He smiled. 

"What is this? Another lone Frontliner? Pity they are so overconfident with themselves in the fifties that they are a complete wreck and soon as I begin to attack. Perhaps I hall enlighten him... I mean, a little entertainment for the next ten minutes should be too bad. Fang!" The hellhound snapped to attention at the sharp sound of his voice. He unsheathed his sword from his back and thrust it forward, flames engulfing it from the moment he thrust forward. He stood there, allowing the flames crackle upon his blade. He slammed the tip of his red blade into the ground, putting out the flame as he vanished from sight. He moved forward, moving too fast to be seen without careful concentration. He chuckled and veered to the left, seeing his target. He appeared to be in some sort of grand armor with large wings. He laughed and zipped forward, appearing next to the man. 

He started with an uppercut, moving far too fast to allow  a counterattack. He made many thrusts and slashes from just darting from side to side. Finally, he feinted an attack with the sword and brought his fist in the center of the man. The area burst into flames after that, the heat searing away at his body, but he continued, following his attack by finishing with a roundhouse kick to knock the man completely back down to the ground. After the turn ended he smiled, but the enemy still stood in place. Fang appeared at his side, snarling without a loud growl. "Surrender yourself or I will be left with no choice but to kill you here" He looked over and seen that the man's health had not moved. 'Safeguard I assume.... He was prepared for a fight, was he perhaps wishing to fight me'  At first sign of an attack he would dodge out of the way, move around to the back and send an array of thrusts into the man's back. 

BD:6+5

<<Chaos>>  1520/1520 130/140

• -30 HP (Flame Aura) +76 HP (Battle-Healing)

<<FearX>> 1595/1595 140/140

• -409 HP [51*11] (1 Base +5 Skill, +9 Familiar, +18 Buffs, +12 Fallen, + 5 Charge, +1 Sneak Attack) -152(Enemy Mitigation) [SAFEGUARD BLOCK]

@Itzal

Itzal watched as Jonathan looked around to check and see if anyone was watching.  What was so dangerous about players seeing what he had found?  Was he afraid someone was going to steal it or something?  He took a breath before speaking to Itzal so this had to be important.  He told Itzal that he was hunting on the twenty first floor, which surprised him since he hadn't invited Itzal at all, and how he ran into a rather large group of goblins.  He then mentioned how the last goblin was holding.  A rather massive metal object, though small enough for Jonathan to hold onto.  It looked like it could be at least two hundred pounds.  He wondered how high Jonathan's strength stat was at this point.  Itzal first noted how the metal had been dented, the shape of it most likely being from Jonathan's sword.  Jonathan then mentioned how he had figured it out and....  Flipped a switch?  He was about to comment when the block unfolded in a rather weird way and ended up as a seven foot Centurion.  Itzal stared at it for a second or two.  "Huh.  That's problematic...  Wait a minute, so the same goblin race that could practice magic couldn't figure out how to flip a switch?  Jeez, the king must have sent a couple of numskulls."  He listened as Jonathan described the machine and nodded in understanding.  No wonder he didn't want others nearby.  He didn't want to harm anyone.  However, these machines wouldn't be very strong on this floor, as all mobs were leveled to the floors now.  "Well then.  If they are that powerful, I feel like there's going to be an extremely powerful one in a dungeon somewhere on floor twenty one...  And knowing how questlines work, we will be facing these things.  Maybe I can take a look at this guy however.  If I can figure out how it works, maybe we can design it to fight for us."  He walked over to the machine and ran his hands over the surface of it, using reveal to see the inside mechanics until he found out how to reverse the effect and activated the mechanisms to turn it back into a block.  "If you don't mind me looking over it that is.."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fearx watched as another approached the player he strongly believed to be Chaos and grinned under his helmet.  He opened his menu silently and sent a message, or command, to Azrael.  The command was simple:  Keep out of the secondary player's range and detection, unless the player made any move to interfere in any way.  He had a feeling this was going to be interesting, and he did not want any lowlifes to get in between him and the player with intentions for the guild in question.  In this world of Aincrad, the players who mastered the build of DPS were those who reined most powerful.  Therefore, Azrael was one of his most powerful allies.  If he had a rival, it would be Morgana, as she could easily shave off his damage.  Regardless of this however, Fearx was at God level compared to them.  And they knew it.  Which was why they chose to follow him.  It was fun actually, having others who would be willing to do whatever he requested.  He could get used to it in fact.  Perhaps he did have something to live for.  He watched as the figure by Chaos pointed at Fearx and he smiled, knowing that things were about to get interesting.  He watched as two things moved on the other end.  First a creature had moved, seeming to snap to attention.  It looked like some sort of dog by the looks of it, ablaze as well.  The second movement was the man, Chaos he presumed, drawing his blade, and thrust it at Fearx, flames engulfing the sword.  The player didn't move for a bit until he stabbed his blade into the ground.  Fearx had to admit it was quite the light show.  He hadn't had much entertainment for a while and clearly this player knew how to make an entrance.

He noticed something else.  While he saw a blur in the shadows, there was no trace of the player.  And he undoubtedly had no time to detect him with his searching skill.  All he could do was grin as the inevitable happened.  He stood there silently as the player struck at him, dealing no damage thanks to his safeguard.  Hopefully the player would know he wasn't dealing with a moron like everyone else.  He heard the player speak but before he did anything else he simply chuckled and clapped his hands a few times before turning to the player.  "I have to admit my friend, that was quite the entrance.  And credit to you on your choice of tactics.  Clearly, this may prove to be an enjoyable time."  Due to the fact that he had invested in heavy armor skill and not light armor, he wasn't as fast as Chaos...  However he was very far from slow as well.  Fearx pulled the spear from his back and thrust it forward within the span of a second.  When the player vanished he swung the spear behind him, twisting around and spun the spear fast enough to block the attacks.  He swung and thrust his spear, nearly but not quite the same speed as Chaos, thanks to his armor being flexible despite being heavily plated.  "Well, I suppose I should give you a display since you gave me one.  Fair is fair after all!"  He thrust his blade quickly, his all seeing eyes item that hid behind his helmet aiding him in identifying where Chaos was most likely to move and where he should strike.  He thrust his blade toward Chaos, the spear glowing like a holy weapon should, and whether or not he hit Chaos there would be a gold and blue beam of energy erupting from the blade through Chaos, extending a good seven to eight feet that lasts a full three seconds.  If Chaos tries to attack him from behind again, Fearx would activate parry and shave the damage, so that he could determine the player's average damage output.  He would grin to Chaos whether he hit him or not.  "As for your offer, I'll have to decline.  I've got plans you see, and while I'm going to enjoy this little bout of ours, I'll be walking away from this one way or another, Chaos.  It is Chaos correct?"

<<Chaos>>  875/1520 130/140

• -645 HP [43*15=645] (3 base +5 skill +9 familiar +18 buffs +6 fallen)

<<FearX>> 1595/1595 140/140

@Morgenstern

Itzal seemed quite interested in the item Jonathan had to offer, just like a mouse for a wheel of cheese. Itzal made a valid point for the goblins. "These goblins seemed more of warriors, more fro brute strength, and high speeds. The only problem was, is that they were ill-equipped. My guess is that currently the king is focusing on these new dwarven items. If they can figure out these, they could rival players" Itzal requested to try and reverse the mechanism. Jonathan shrugged and replied, "Knock yourself out. Only problem... it is so battered up that it won't work even if you do get it changed. You would have to capture a working one, and I would not do that.... It almost chopped me into little pieces" 

He gave Itzal some space, and backed up a little. Battered or not, if that thing became active it would begin to chop him into little tiny pieces. He unsheathed his sword and sprung his shield out to its full size. "Alright go ahead" he told Itzal cautiously. 

Chaos grinned the fire light that came from his sword. The other man had played it quite smoothly, clapping slowly a if to aggravate Chaos. Chaos smirked. 'Frontliners. They all think themselves as these gods compared to every other player. They have yet to realize there are those out there that are the better of them.' The man added that it would be an interesting fight and Chaos smirked. It would be over as quick as his first attack. With a quick motion, and at a speed much unlike one in heavy armor, he brought down the spear. Grinning, he dodged, swiveling around The man's body. He leapt upward, placing three quick thrusts at the man's back that was easily blocked. Chaos grunted and leapt away, using the man's back to push off of. 

Standing a few feet away, the other man turned, seeming quite happy. The man was of skill, perhaps even that of Chaos himself, but no good blows had yet been placed. The other man spoke of a display and moved forward quickly and thrust forward. He backed away, but a holy ray came out from the spear, firing him backwards. He hit the ground on his feet, and was forced to thrust his blade into the ground to prevent him from going any farther. He wiped his face with his black gloved fist. "Not bad, you've lasted much longer than any other toy I have played with recently. I can tell you aren't exactly of the tank build, but you have sustained just as the last tank I battled against" 

He smiled for a second. "I will show you maximum speed though, if we are going for a display of power" Flame once against invigorated through his sword, lighting like a torch on the dark battlefield. He chucked the sword like a spear into the air upwards. He stepped forward, and leapt at the speed of a bullet, fast enough for all but the most talented fighters to lose track of. He slammd his fist into the man's chest, knocking him back a few feet. He leapt after him, giving a few more well placed punches before leaping up and round house kick into the man's head. He caught his flying blade and charged at the man.

His blade slashed through the exposed chest of his opponent, flames licking both of the player's bodies. He kept attacking, dodging counters and attacks. After a good twenty second flurry, he backed away, breathing at a more elevated state than normal. This player was much better than normal standards. Chaos hadn'tgone full speed yet, but truly he didn't wish to go there. That would sound like defeat to him. 

"You are perhaps one of the better players I have managed to have the oppurtunity to fight. With your strength, I am surprised the frontlines aren't moving much faster.... And by the way, it is indeed Chaos. My true question is, how have you come across my name, and what is your true business with me. I have concluded that you have come here searching for me" 

Chaos stood there, blade out. 

<<Chaos>>  921/1520 130/140

• -30 HP (Flame Aura) +76 Battle Healing

<<FearX>> 1171/1595 140/140

• X DMG - (1 Base, 5 Skill, 9 Weapon, 18 Buff, 12 Fallen=45 DMG) *11=495-71=424

@Itzal

Itzal listened as Jonathan talked, mentioning how the goblins were warriors and how they weren't trained at all for mental capabilities.  He nodded to Jonathan in understanding while he looked through the mechanics, not touching anything until he'd followed a particular piece to where it was connected, just to avoid turning it on.  Which of course there were multiple fail safes in there.  He was avoiding them though.  "The system is probably going to give them access to the tech in the end.  However I'm also sure that the system would also give us a way to counter act this, as it wouldn't make impossible to defeat enemies.  Speaking.  Of...  Which......  Got it!"  He said, as he disconnected a cord and swiftly connected it to something else.  The machinery came to life, it's eyes glowing orange a split second, but green after Itzal rerouted it.  He backed up a little bit and sighed, looking to Jonathan.  "It's artificial intelligence systems are a bit damaged, so I'll need time to repair those.  I may also go to a blacksmith and have it's outer shell repaired.  Once it's fixed up, this guy should be ready to fight alongside us."  He activated it's portable mode, shrinking the machine back into a block and handing it back to Jonathan.  "Also...  It's only friendly to us, I think.  I wouldn't expand it around anyone else just yet."

Fearx watched as the man wiped his face with his gloved fist, mentioning how he'd lasted much longer than any of his toys.  Fearx chuckled as he was unimpressed by the words Chaos had chosen to use.  A toy eh?  This player was a little overconfident he thought.  Then again, Fearx was insanely powerful too, and this was the first time he had met someone who was close to a match for him, so he couldn't really take points away from this player.  "You took the words right out of my mouth."  He then mentioned showing him maximum speed and once again gave a show of power through use of his flaming sword, which he assumed was due to a burn enhancement.  He then shot forward and released a barrage of melee attacks to which Fearx allowed to land on him.  The player was almost too fast for him to notice...  Or would be if he hadn't given away what he was intending.  With the warning, combined with his maximized searching skill, he was able to keep track of the player as he reached Fearx.  He then caught his weapon and slashed at Fearx, which he raised his arm and blocked with his gauntlet, the flames flaring on the outside of his armor, keeping a critical hit from activating. 

The player continued to attack from every direction.  Fearx didn't counter attack or attempt to make any attack of any sort.  He focused on spinning his spear around, deflecting or blocking each of these excess attacks.  While it wasn't with ease, it wasn't too difficult either.  His sharp eye, as well as his eye of Sauron gear, he was able to anticipate the greatest point where he'd be attacked from.  While it didn't give him the exact location, he made swings that covered the entire area.  He then watched as Chaos leaped back, seeming to begin losing energy.  Fearx was being drained as well, but at a far slower rate.  The reason being that he was only moving his arms and wrists, whereas Chaos was moving his entire body.  He glanced at his own health bar and gave out a quiet tsk as he noted the damage he had received from the player.  It was a rather well done attack.  He expected that kind of damage from an assault spear like his own.  However, Chaos had a one handed straight sword, so he could only assume he had some kind of unique enhancement on it like he did.

Chaos then began to speak again, mentioning how he was one of the better players.  Better players Fearx thought, his eyebrow raising under the helmet.  He then mentioned the frontlines.  He waited for Chaos to finish before he began to chuckle.  The chuckle turning into a low laugh before he began howling with laughter.  "You think I'm one of those mindless fools?!  Think again!  I'm what they wish they could be.  The only one who actually stands a chance against me is Calrex, and maybe you.  Calrex only because he managed to get his hands on a unique skill.  As for your name, you aren't the only one with resources Chaos.  And the guild you are targeting?"  Fearx thrust his spear into the ground, causing a brilliant flash of light that would blind him if he wasn't careful before pulling it out again, the designs on his armor and weapon glowing valiantly, as if he were from the heavens themselves.  "I'd back off if I were you.  Itzal is mine, and I will not let you disrupt my work.  This is your only warning."

<<Chaos>>  921/1520 130/140

<<FearX>> 1243/1595 140/140

• +72 Battle Healing

@Morgenstern

As Itzal peered into the project, he noted that in the end, they system would have them using full-blown technology, much to what the Dwarves had currently. He shuddered at the idea of the goblins having that much power in their grasp. If they were fighting dwarves, he doubt they would last long. Contraptions, perfectly forged weapons, he had fought a mini-boss on the fourth floor, where their were dwarves, succumbed to slavery. They must've been brainwashed, turned mad from torture as they fought for the king he had defeated. They were making him a powerful weapon, capable of slewing many players. He intervened before then, but the sword they were making would have cost many lives. Itzal continued through, surprisingly moving through the mechanical dwarven parts. Pretty soon, the engine whirred to life, but did not attack. Either it was completely useless now, or Itzal had completed his task. Many of the parts required to be fixed, and further problems might require tampering, especially since its codes only had it not attacking them. After Itzal had it returned into the long block form, he tapped it and viewed the stats, which looked like crap to what it was in its pristine form. Of course, many pieces needed work, and its sensors were completely wacked, so it made sense. 

<<Iron Bark Guardian>>
200 HP
50 DMG
25 MIT
-1 ACC
-3 EVA

Chaos stood there in a fighting stance, puzzled a the player began to laugh. Soon, he began to dis the frontlines, calling them almost pathetic little worms. Calrex was spoken of, a name he heard quite often. Heathcliff, Calrex, Zandra were the three frontliners that would put up a fight to his level. There were still others out there that perferred to be unknown of such as himself. FearX must've known of his spies, in fact the other man had his own at his disposal. "Have you intercepted on of my spies located upon the brink of the Ascendants territory? That is how you managed to track me....As for Itzal, I have no intentions of fighting him personally, nor do I care of him at all. My goal is to only break the Ascendants apart, weakening them and the frontliners further. The only person in that guild that I have a quarrel with is the Tank, Morgenstern or Jonathan as he refers to himself" 

He took a step back, loosening his stance, but still remained in a battle-ready position. "My goal is to break apart the fronlines, or even eliminate its players until we come to the point that everyone left serves me, or is no longer alive to oppose me. Controlling the frontliners, means to practically control the game and its inhabitants. Though, if you are not with the Frontlines, or opposed with me in general, I have no quarrel with you either" He sheathed his weapon. He took a few steps back. "if it pleases you, I will command my warriors to not touch Itzal, or his petty girlfriend Kasier. I bet you'd love to watch him suffer as you torture his soon to be wife.... Amusement is all I can look for in this game" 

Activating his Vanish mod, he instantly vanished, reappearing several feet away, back towards the mountain in which he had come. "If you have nothing else to say, then I will be off, I have important matters to intend to.... The fight was interesting, but I bet we both know, we weren't even near the limit" 

He stood there, awaiting any final words before he decided to move off. 

@Itzal 

Itzal peaked over Jonathan's shoulder to check the stats and whistled.  "Yeah, we got work to do it seems.  In the meantime though, let's go find that dragon.  And look for materials along the way.  Ever since the update, gatherer has been more of a chance than instant bonus materials."    He began to walk down the path, gesturing for Jonathan to come with.  He went ahead and scanned for some materials.  He spotted three materials then and went to pick them up, showing them to Jonathan.  "See?  Three instead of four.  I need to be gathering a lot more often now."  He placed the items in his inventory and folded his arms behind his back as they walked.  "So how've you been lately?  Haven't seen you in a little while now.  Been busy with the dwarven dungeon?"

ID#  90350  CD:  9  LD:  15  +3 MAT  3 Total

The puzzled face that portrayed itself on Chaos' face was priceless.  He was a good sketch artist, so he planned on drawing this on something before giving it to his artisan.  He'd have this hanging in his mansion soon enough.  He wasn't worried about getting it wrong, he had a decent photographic memory.  He listened as Chaos spoke to him, working out how Fearx had found out about him, which Fearx wasn't at all attempting to hide it.  There was no reason to.  He then mentioned how he had no qualms with Itzal, however he did want to damage the frontlines by breaking the guild apart.  It would seem that Chaos had some cotton between his ears if he believed this wouldn't get in the way of Fearx and his own goals. Not surprisingly the player continued on, sharing what his goals were.  Complete and total control and obedience eh?  Such imagination he thought with sarcasm.  As the player entered stealth, Fearx activated his searching skill and detect, keeping his eyes fixed on Chaos as he moved through the shadows.  "I was hoping you had some brains in that thick skull of yours but I suppose I was wrong.  Even if you do not target Itzal directly, you may as well be doing so by attacking the guild in any way regardless.  They see themselves as family and Itzal is more emotional than most.  Either you keep away from the guild until I'm through with him, or I will personally slaughter anyone you send in."

Fearx sheathed his spear as it was clear there was to be no further combat  for the moment.  "I personally don't care what you do in or with this world.  No matter where I go in my life I've always hit the top.  The only entertainment I've every truly had has been Itzal.  Take the frontlines if you want I don't give a d**n.  However you don't control me, and you never shall."  It was then Chaos had exited stealth and spoke again to Fearx, mentioning how he had business to attend to and how the fight had been interesting...  But neither of them had reached their full potential yet.  This was true.  Fearx hadn't been going easy on Chaos, but neither had he put too much effort into it either.  Fearx always found a way to get the best gear, whether it be through combat, persuasion, or deceit.  Whenever he did he ensured it showed just how powerful he was.

"Of course we didn't.  I was here to give you a warning.  If I wanted you dead I wouldn't have waited for you to come to me."  He turned his gaze to the player hiding in the shadows and nodded to the player.  "Same goes for your followers."

@Morgenstern

Jonathan began to step forward, Itzal following in tail. "Yes the update also affected the scout, but it nerfed the Tank build quite a bit. I have significantly less health, and a small removal in Mitigation. Tanking skills have a cost now, and I believe there is a mod or two that I will have to be getting now to finish the tank build" He looked over to the man to find him searching for materials. "I have never been talented in finding materials and you know that.... Its hard being an alchemist while that is true, but I shall get around.... He sighed and kept moving on. Itzal than asked him how he was doing. "Umm... Actually.... I'd prefer not to say. I went a good while, going through a berserked rage, until I met another player who gave me some friendly advice. Now, nothing is at bliss, but I am empty. She helped me realize that I am not the hero of that story, at least not yet. Destiny will find the hero, and I have to strive forward without getting myself killed in the process" He looked down at his sword.... As for now, he was helpless to defeat Death Adder, but he wouldn't give up on him. 

The man obviously had scouting skills as he managed to find Chaos shortly after vanishing. He began to diss him, without restraint. "You will personally slaughter them eh? I in fact do have a mind. You know I have scouts, but have I made any action towards this Itzal of yours? No, not a single one. Nothing you say or do will change what I am doing, nor will it intimidate me" He gave the man a dirty glare. "I don't wish to control you, or any of your followers, but know that I won't be doing the same either" 

The man talked a rather big game, and his scouting skills were on point as he pointed out Fyre hiding in the shadows, observing the battle. Fyre was one of his strongest fighters, and his Second in Command. Chaos snapped his fingers, and she revealed herself. Her red eyes boring into Fear's. Chaos looked to Fear. "Status?" He requested of her. She turned to him and replied, "Traces of a small group of players not too far from here, close enough for shouting range" He smiled, this man had even more power than he originally had thought. 

"Now.... Your strength and intentions interest me.... If we can't meet a common ground, perhaps we could share the same ground" He made a few extra steps, encircling Fear. "I can make Itzal more entertaining. Burning down everything he loves, and all he stands for. This will give him more reason to resist you as everything is on the line for him...." He pointed his flaming blade at the man. "You will be able to fight a Unique Skill user as well.... What is your opinion?" Fear was not one for him to be making an enemy. The man was rather close to his strength and stood a good chance if he also had followers of his own of ruining everything. 

@Itzal

Itzal listened as Jonathan explained that tanks had been nerfed while scouts were only adjusted.  He listened as he explained the mitigation, cost for skills and mods, and how there were new mods that he had to achieve before he finished his build...  Again.  Itzal gave out a little chuckle.  "I mean, tanks were totally overpowered before the update, you have to admit that.  If you fought a tank there was no chance of winning.  Can't make it too easy for players right?  Kayaba wants them to face a challenge."  He then listened as Jonathan stated he'd rather not talk about it and he nodded in respect of this choice, seeing as how he was training for Death Adder and he didn't want anyone to know.  When he heard Jonathan mention how he was not the hero of Aincrad, and how there was none yet.  He spotted two materials, the lowest he'd obtained thus far, and stored them in his inventory.  "There is no 'hero' in my opinion.  People like to lift themselves up to this hero position to make themselves feel good, to gain glory, or because they have too much confidence in themselves.  If there is any 'hero' I'd say it's everyone.  We need to work together rather than go in solo and try to lead as one player.  It's too much risk, too much effort.  Too much of a title to get to one's head you know?"

ID#  90353  CD:  3  LD:  10+5  +2 MAT  5 Total

Chaos met his words with just as much stubbornness and fire.  They were both strong players, that much was certain.  However Chaos was outnumbered, even if he didn't know it.  He couldn't win this round, and Fearx would put him down if he didn't back off once and for all.  It seemed however that Chaos didn't intend to do this.  In fact, he seemed to be challenging Fearx.  The glare he gave back to Fearx didn't affect him in any manner other than annoyance.  He had worked far too hard and long for this player to ruin everything.  He refused to let this 'Chaos' get in his way.  Before he said anything however, he watched Chaos' reaction to his spotting the player, giving her a silent command to come out.  When she looked into Fearx' helmet, his eyes hidden beneath the glowing blue slits, he would stare back, unafraid.  In fact, the manner which he looked at her, was the same manner a God would look towards the king's underling.  She then mentioned his own followers and saw Chaos grin.

He listened as Chaos began to show real interest in Fearx and his actual strength.  Fearx was strong yes, but he didn't see it as enough.  It was his goal to become the most powerful in the entire game.  He intended to reach and surpass level one hundred, and he also wished to collect more demonic weaponry until he had the perfect set of armor.  If a unique skill was revealed he would seize it.  He also wondered if he could target a player already in possession of a unique skill and end them, taking the skill for himself.  He hadn't used the redemption quest yet.  It would be the perfect use for it.  Once he was done.  While Kayaba was the God and creator of this world.  Fearx would be the God of gaming.  The God of sheer power.  Chaos continued to speak, mentioning how he would like to share the same ground since they couldn't find common ground.  This raised his eyebrow as Chaos had caught his interest.

He watched with annoyance as Chaos began to circle Fearx as if he were a dog or prey, and not someone he should fear.  He then gave out his proposition and asked for Fearx' opinion.  The first reaction he received was a chuckle.  "So because you're currently at a disadvantage, you wish to form an alliance with me?  It's an interesting idea at best..  What do you make of it Grela?"  Grela stepped out from the shadows.  Despite her bright armor, she was as skilled with stealth as both Chaos and Frye thanks to her skills and mods.  She stood behind Frye, therefore surrounding the two players.  "It would certainly speed things up a bit my Lord.  If they agreed to cooperate and work together that is."  Fearx nodded in agreement and looked into Chaos' eyes.  "Chaos I'll work with you on one condition:  I don't care what you do anywhere else, but you don't do or plan anything against the Celestial Ascendants without speaking with me first.  This world has bored me up to now.  Perhaps you'll find me something worth my time."

Spoiler

Grela.jpg

@Morgenstern

Jonathan listened to Itzal's input on the stats of tanks, and mentioned that they were overpowered before the update. Perhaps a little, but every recent update just further dwindled him. "Tanks are beatable with the right skills and assets, but yes, they are quite strong. I mean, no offense but the build is made to not die" He chuckled and watched Itzal find a few materials. Itzal then spoke his opinion on being a hero. He listened carefully, and thought of what to say next. "I believe indeed that you are correct. It will be a team effort, but still.... There will be a player that organizes it, and goes strong until he is defeated. I doubt Death Adder travels alone. There will be other players to help protect him, to defend him" Jonathan then caught sight of a small dragon track. "Look, our target is nearby" He moved through the brush and trees heading towards where the footsteps were. He peered into the next clearing, and found the dragon. "Our target is here" Upon seeing them, its eyes flashed and it let out some strange sounds, almost sounding life words. Afterwards, two human enemies jumped out of the trees and advanced with spears. Jonathan shook his head and activated his howl skill, arrgoing them all. 

[4]Morgenstern 1145/1145
[0]Itzal  1410/1410

<<Ghidorah>> 215/215 <> 40 MIT ACC:1 EVA:1 DMG:70 Thrn:14
Cultist 50/50 MIT:25 DMG:35 Thrn: 14

There was a smirk on the face of FearX before he spoke again. Fear spoke that he was at a disadvantage, and that is why Chaos wanted an alliance. Chaos released a full-hearted laugh. "In combat, perhaps, but I still have plenty of means to escape" Another woman approached form the shadows, she also adorned armor that seemed to be that of the heavens. Next to him, Fyre smirked, the face of challenge imprinted upon her face. There was a quick discussion between Fear and the girl, and it was deducted that an alliance would occur upon one condition. "Very well. We should begin discussing immediately. If you wish to accompany me, there is a group of players that I need to attend to. The weak should do as the strong command, and before you came along I received word that they refused my kind offer where they also got something out of the deal. Now I'll take what I want by force" He turned to Fyre and commanded, "We shall be meeting and dining at our base located upon this floor. Ensure more chairs are placed" Fire curtsied and replied "Of course, I shall attend to that immediately" With that she wiggled her fingers to the other players and began to hasten to the south of their position. "I travel to the sixth floor to assert myself to the Red Claw. If you wish to accompany me, please be my guest. Oh, would you care to hear more about the Red Claw first?" 

He opened his messenger system and sent a quick message to Morzan informing him to head to an area not to far from the encampment of the Red Claw. 

@Itzal

Itzal laughed a little when he spoke of the tank build.  "No offense taken man, none at all."  Jonathan began to continue, talking about the hero bit.  It seemed that they saw the matter differently than the other, but that was fine.  He knew that everyone had their own personal view and there was absolutely nothing wrong with that.  He walked along with Jonathan as he talked...  Until Jonathan mentioned Death Adder.  He stopped in his tracks, staring at his friend who acted like everything was fine.  He even mentioned that Death Adder surrounded himself with allies.  How in the hell did Jonathan find this out before Itzal, DESPITE THAT HE WAS A SCOUT?!  And why was he doing this in the fir-  Itzal raised his hand slowly, a shadow over his face.  He pulled his hood down and his mouthpiece up, and grabbed his blade.  He drew Yakimba slowly, the blade scraping against the sheath as he pulled it out, sparks of electricity coming off of it.  The instant Jonathan used howl, Itzal used charge and shot at the enemies with extraordinary speed, activating Shadow Explosion, seeking to destroy them.  He was dead silent on the other side of them, making no sound.  He had barely missed his opponents, shaving off a little of their hair, and just missing the scales of the dragon.  His blade actually swung in front of Jonathan as well, though that was controlled and not meant to hit him regardless.

ID#  90366  BD:  1
ID#  90367  BD:  1
ID#  90369  BD:  2

I hate...  The rollers...  Right now...  Charge waisted

[4]Morgenstern 1145/1145
[0]Itzal  1410/1410  <>  120/138

<<Ghidorah>> 215/215 <> 40 MIT ACC:1 EVA:1 DMG:70 Thrn:14

Fearx had noticed the woman's smirk when Grela emerged from the shadows.  It was clear she was attempting to challenge her but Fearx knew that such a taunt would never work on Grela.  As one of the seven virtues, she did not see the need to indulge in such activities.  Whether it was to test how strong she was, to make herself feel better, or anything related to those, Grela wanted nothing to do with it.  And thus the only reaction she would get is a simple smile and nothing more.  Chaos began to speak, mentioning how they should discuss the conditions, strategy and such immediately.  This was fine with Fearx as he had nothing on his agenda for quite some time now.  A week ago he had found his last virtue, so he'd done nothing but grind for levels ever since.  Especially since Grela was keeping an eye on Itzal most of the time for him.  Today was different though and he could take a small break.  After all.  It wasn't yet time to interrupt Itzal and his good friend just yet...

Chaos mentioned that if Fearx was willing to come along, Chaos needed to visit a group of players.  When he mentioned that the players were weak Fearx did not hide his annoyance.  "I would prefer to speak with you about these matters before hand, however if you insist on handling pests first then so be it.  I will not however be someone you can call upon for dealing with something that any of your servants could handle.  After this you only involve me if it's actually worth my time.  No need to push players around or attack them.  Sometimes if you put on a show it's enough.  It's better to have them be afraid, as well as in awe of you, rather than just giving them stark terror."  Chaos then sent Fyre off to prepare his own place for Fearx and his company's arrival.  He asked Fearx if he'd like information on the Red Claw and rolled his eyes underneath his helmet.

"Grela, gather the rest of you and follow the coordinates Chaos will send you, once he's ready."  Grela bowed slightly to Fearx.  "Of course my lord.  It shall be done."  She then vanished into the shadows as she returned to the other four, soon to message the last two.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as Itzal went ahead and moved in on the enemies, slashing wildly, but becoming short on each one. The blond shook his head. "Its still a dragon, they are meant to have super abilities and interesting powers. You can't expect to just walk in here and kill it, if thats what you had in mind bud" He extended his blade outward, moving towards the enemies. The dragon let out a small growl. It was a shame they did not have the ability to breathe fire, or be super big. The sadness of hunting baby dragons. "Here we go!" He unleashed his best AoE Sword Art, Butterfly Dance or something like that, to hopefully strike each of them. His sword swiped through the dragon, but was parried off the spears form the cultists. Jonathan growled, but was quickly attacked by the dragon, its claws raking into his armor. One of the cultists also got a shot off of him, but neither attack managed to deal anything that would hurt him in the long run. He sighed. Ghidorah was a bit stronger than anticipated, but he could continue. 

90380 BD:9 MD:9 - Ghidorah (128-40=88 DMG dealt) (DMG.... Yeah not gonna do math)
90381 BD:4 MD:2 - Cultist A (Miss) (Miss)
90382 BD:5 MD:7 - Cultist B (Miss) (Not relevant)

[6]Morgenstern 1145/1145 <> 100/110 EN
[0]Itzal  1410/1410  <>  120/138

<<Ghidorah>> 127/215 <> 40 MIT ACC:1 EVA:1 DMG:70 Thrn:14

Chaos stood there, watching Fyre fade off into the distance. As she completely vanished from view, he turned to Fear who seemed pretty annoyed about his fares with the lower level group. "Are you never not angry? We'll need to change you a bit then, now won't we?" He moved into his inventory and pulled out two donuts. Popping a glazed one into his mouth, and handing a chocolate to FearX. Chewing the food and swallowing it, he continued, "I didn't realize the Red Claw will displease you.... Well, in the end I believe it will help. All in all, the group of players will keep all the insignificant out of your way when we advance to Itzal. My servants and I will remove the threats of the other paladins if all goes well, leaving you to do with Itzal as you please" He sighed and moved forward. Would he disagree with Fear throughout the entire alliance? 

He sighed and began to head forward, sending Grela a message of the coordinates of the F21 base. It was in one of the deepest part of the caverns, well away from anywhere a player would venture or would travel through to the boss room. "I'll hand it to your Fear, you are quite strong. It was nice to feel the true meaning of strength from another in a while. I wasn't expecting that until I faced Calrex, Zandra, Macradon Hikoru, Death_Adder, or Itzal. Then you come along and give me that" 

Chaos himself was quite powerful, but usually in drawn out battles, was hiding behind a good tank or two. He moved through. "We must journey to the town, and then sneak through to the teleport gate. It should be rather easy though. The camp of the Red Claw is on the 6th floor, concealed in trees. Once there, all we must do is head straight into the center and kill the leader. The rest will unfold there" 

@Itzal

Itzal ignored Jonathan's words as he was half thinking of Death Adder right now.  He released Shadow Explosion again and watched as their health dropped.  He knew what his damage output was during the attack, even without the mitigation getting in the way.  And it was downright pathetic.  It only made him more angry as he managed to crit the cultist, hyper crit the dragon, and the dragon still stood there with a sliver of it's health intact.  When he finished his attack on the cultist, the npc elf died quickly.  Itzal's fighting style was slowly shifting towards Soul Barrage as he was slowly shifting towards that mode.  One of the cultists had blocked his attack and tried fighting back.  While the system worked against him in giving him poor damage, he was able to counter act this with his fast reflexes, striking quickly and disarming the elf.  The npc mob leaped away before Itzal could pierce him as it grabbed it's sword yet again.

ID#  90405  BD:  10 - Dragon
ID#  90406  BD:  2 - Cultist 1
ID#  90407  BD:  9 - Cultist 2

[6]Morgenstern 1145/1145 <> 100/110 EN
[2 - 0 - 1] Itzal  1410/1410  <>  118/138

<<Ghidorah>> 14/215 <> 40 MIT ACC:1 EVA:1 DMG:70 Thrn:14  (15+2x9-40=113 dmg)
Cultist 0/50 MIT:25 DMG:35 Thrn: 14  (15+1x9-25=119 dmg)

Fearx heard Chaos' comment on him being angry and then pulled out..  Donuts?  Well well, looks like he had a pleasure besides butchering weaklings.  "Not angry.  Annoyed that I'm dealing with weaklings so often."  Fearx walked along with Chaos, taking his helmet off so that he could take a bite of the donut.  Before he did though he checked to see if it had any enhancement buffs out of curiosity.  While it didn't have any enhancements he did notice the name of the item.  The Chaos Donut.  His eyebrow raised for a moment as he tried to figure out it's meaning, but then once he got the connection, he started laughing at the pure genius and childish nature of the joke.  Once he had calmed down he took a bite of the vanity food.  "If you want the Red Claw out of the way that is fine, however I suggest we find other use for them besides that.  Linking back to what I said before, if you give them a sense of awe of your strength, as well as a small amount of fear, they will respect you.  However it is also possible to convince them to come to your side if it weighs in their favor.  If they have a leader, simply make him or her appear to be the fool and they'll abandon them quickly."  He took another bite of the donut.  "As for the paladins, I would suggest holding off any of your plans for the guild.  The player Hikoru?  Has become increasingly distant.  I have a theory of what is about to happen, but honestly the guild is falling apart as it is.  Everyone there doesn't give a d**n anymore save for a handful of players.  My theory is that Hikoru will leave the guild entirely.  We can make plans and preparations while waiting for him to leave."

Spoiler

Fearx 1.jpg

Fearx watched as Chaos sent Grela the coordinates and spoke to him, mentioning how he had expected to encounter this strength when he faced Calrex, Zandra, Macradon, Hikoru, or even Death Adder or Itzal.  Fearx scoffed quickly at the mention of Itzal.  "Itzal spent half of his skill points maxing out scout skills.  He's not strong, just observant.  The best equipment he has is Yakimba, and that sword isn't much at all.  Doesn't even give him an edge.  He may last a while, but he'd be no threat to either of us.  Of course that's what I hope to change in the end."  Still, that bit about Death Adder.  He had heard the name mentioned in the Celestial Ascendants, particularly by Itzal.  It would seem that the player had killed Beatbox, who was actually pretty strong.  That would mean that Death Adder was strong but just how much stronger?  Calrex was an obvious threat.  Hikoru was a danger, but his dagger sword arts weren't too strong.  As long as he didn't use the damage buff that removed his mitigation he should be able to handle him decently. 

He then gave the plan to Fearx who looked at him like he was an idiot.  "If I'm always angry, you're always bloodthirsty.  Looks like we'll both be working on each other."  He shook his head in annoyance before he continued.  "Unless you sway them onto your side, the underlings will be looking for ways to undermine you and your work.  Whether it be warning the Celestial Ascendants, front lines, etc.  We need to convince them that their current leader isn't worth following.  So tell me about this leader, and do please try to restrain yourself so that we don't look like some player killing guild.  I find them nothing but annoying."

@Morgenstern

Itzal seemed to not hear him, but continued to fight regardless. The man's eyes were glassy, and his focus distant. Jonathan sighed, but was glad to see that Itzal had hit the dragon and one of the cultists. This left Jonathan opportunity to finish the rest of it off. He moved forward, his blade letting off a blue aura. "Alrighty" He charged forward, letting off a rebellious yell. The dragon growled as he neared, but it was cut short from a quick swipe across its body, and then a finish with a quick dismemberment. He turned on the cultist, his eyes aflame. He struck across the chest of the cultist and it shattered instantly. He sighed sheathing his sword. He turned to Itzal, his eyes bright. "What is wrong with you? What happened? Your fighting style changed and everything. I was also feeling hints of soul barrage, even though there was no point in it" He pushed the sides of his shield together, conveniently keeping it on his arm. "I am trying to make the gaps bewtween the players smaller, and keeping distant from me isn't helping. Ever since.... Well, Beatbox.... You have been distant from me!"  

90435 BD:9
90436 BD:7

Chaos learned that Fear wasn't angry, but instead annoyed. "Over time, I have learned that the weaklings eventually controlled the game. I would have been successful in my campaign against the frontliners already, but one player, a player I could easily defeat, ruined everything" He sighed, remembering Penelo. "I would have enacted my revenge, but the entire time, she went by her real name, not by a username to track" He chuckled. He was pretty stupid to ever let a woman, with a confidence like that, up to the same level as he. He gave her everything, and was going to set her atop the throne of Aincrad, but she refused. All for a couple of lives. He shook his head and watched as Fear finally removed his helmet. 

The first reaction that emmited from his face was surprise. "Not bad Fear, If I only I were a woman" The dark haired man chuckled as Fear began to go over the details of the donut. When he looked at the name, joy radiated form the man, just as intimidation had. "Not bad huh? One of my lieutenants make these personally for me. She is a quiet and shy girl, but never ceases to bring light into my day"  Fear began to on about the group, and noted once again that Red Claw should be obtained through fear and awe. Chaos nodded and delved further into the planning. "We have two options it seems from here. My original plan was to go forth, slay the leader and assume leader position by means of fear of my strength. There is also a method where I could actually move in instead, and publicly humiliate the leader, kill him, and then assume leadership by means of rally against the frontliners, convincing them that it was them that was not allowing them to earn anyhting in the game. This would further my purposes with them beyond the Ascendants" 

He found this quite interesting. Planning was something he liked to sit there and do. He had spent tens of hours in Aincrad, just talking things over with Fyre, and then relaying the on to everyone else. 

Fearx wondered what the leader was like. Chaos chuckled and replied, "A rather proud man, confident in himself and his army. I offered him riches and better items in exchange for some help with the Ascendants and them alone. Turned out he was uninterested in our cause and did not need to waste his time with us. He is rather weak compared to us, only averaging level forty five" He chuckled at the thought again and finished his current donut. 

Itzal listened as Jonathan insisted on knowing what was going on.  How he had seen Soul Barrage in his attacks despite the fact that it wasn't really necessary.  That was another problem Itzal had.  He needed to fight something that was an actual challenge so he could actually train.  With mobs it was more of the system rather than his own skills.  Soul Barrage was far too much for any monster to handle.  He couldn't get better and improve if everything was far too easy.  Jonathan then told him that he was trying to shorten the gap between high and low level players, and how Itzal's being distant wasn't helping.  He turned to Jonathan, his eyes hidden from the hood of his armor, which he was glad for since he was close to crying right now.  "I could say the same thing about you Jonathan.  You want to know what I've been doing despite the fact that you've done the same thing, and when I asked you said you preferred not to tell me.  Equivalent exchange.  You tell me what you've been doing and I'll tell you what I've been up to."  Beatbox' death.  Death Adder.  Fearx.  All of this happening all so close to each other, he just couldn't handle it.  So much pain an anger, he didn't want to expose Jonathan to it.  And this little slip up was not nearly as much anger as he was actually feeling.

Fearx listened to Chaos and while he was right, Fearx already knew this.  However unlike Chaos, Fearx had never been trying to rise as an organization.  He'd basically been ignoring everyone up till now.  "I've had no reason to interact with anyone up till now, so I never had to worry or deal about that sort of thing."  After Fearx had taken his helmet off, he noticed Chaos' reaction of surprise.  Fearx wondered why Chaos was so surprised.  Did he expect someone untidy, or ugly under the armor?  Fearx always went for a god like and majestic appearance, no matter what happened.  Even in the real world he took care of himself.  Back then he made friends easily and they helped him with many things, such as sharing a room and such.  Fearx had a job in the real world, but he could do it at home.  It didn't take much effort either, giving him plenty of time to work on the games against Itzal.  When he heard Chaos' comment he couldn't help but grin.  "Just because I wear armor all the time in this world, doesn't mean I don't care about my actual appearance."  Chaos explained who made the Chaos Donuts.  A shy girl who brightened up his day effortlessly.  "So the bloodthirsty conqueror has a soft side eh?"  He chuckled, finding it interesting to have such a normal conversation with someone who was actually on his level of strength in this game.  It was true that many girls chased after him, however none of them interest him.  He didn't have any real friends either, other than one or two of the virtues.  And even they didn't talk to him like a friend, but as their Lord.

Fearx listened to Chaos describing the two options that he had thought of and then listened carefully to the leader's description.  He thought for a moment as he took another bite of the pastry.  Then he grinned.  "Army huh?  I have an idea then.  We'll use his pride against him.  I trust you have the ability to get him to fight you without making yourself seem like the villain, you've proven yourself in other areas after all.  He'll know he can't take you down himself, so most likely he'll try using his 'army' against you.  I doubt all of the low level players will want to fight of course.  When they charge forward, I drop down from a nearby tree and let them hit me.  They can't kill me and will end up harming themselves thanks to my flame aura.  His pride and arrogance would have been all of their downfall and they'll know it.  Rather than killing him yourself, if you play it right, you can convince his own men to turn on him themselves.  Leaving us to be the new leaders.  If I'm coming with you I'd like a role after all.  Any thoughts on this?"

@Morgenstern

Jonathan stood there, a little added to his words when he pointed Jonathan out on his hypocrisy. "I uh..." Itzal kept going, going on about an equivalent exchange. "I...  I was.... Moping around about Beatbox like a wimp. I also have been trying to find Death Adder out in the field. I met a player named Hestia, and it was thanks to her that I decided that we should move on, continue forth" Jonathan shook his head and drew his blade. "I am trying to move on now, but you don't seem to be.... Time to cut loose the bond that is holding you to the ground" Jonathan moved forward, slapping the man with the flat of his sword. "I will cut your chain myself if I have to" He raised his shield, indicating for the man to attack. 

Fear mentioned that he had no reason to interact with other players. Chaos shook his head. "The person that ruined everything wasn't any normal partner. She was... my wife. It is why I don't elaborate my plans with others, and why I don't share all intentions with my servants" Chaos let loose a sigh of regret, pain, and sorrow. The light haired man mentioned keeping his regular appearance in check. Chaos nodded as he finally seemed interested in his personality. "I am not completely insane. I just conquer, not exactly bloodthirsty. You see, I would be quite happy just taking the crown of Aincrad without use of force. From there, I could rule peacefully without violence and conflict. The frontliners could answer to me, and as a organized single unit, we would much faster, bring an end to the realm of Aincrad" He shook his head. "No man, no player, would ever allow such a thing. They would rather sit here much longer than to follow the lead of another. We have been raised and born to never allow a high leader that oversees everything" Here he implied that he had no wish for the destructon of players, but he would rather instead have players to follow him graciously. Though, he would force his rule upon the players if required. 

"I rather like your idea. It seems to be well thought out" 

He watched as Jonathan was caught and stammered for a bit before he finally found his voice.  Itzal listened to his words, completely still and silent.  When he slapped Itzal with the flat of his blade he didn't move as if he wasn't hit.  Almost like he was waiting for it.  He was silent and still after Jonathan prepared for an attack.  Then...  His shoulders shook.  It was lightly at first but soon the vibrations increased as Itzal started chuckling.  His chuckle turned into light laughter, no happiness, anger or sadness in his voice.  More like brokenness.  He shifted his shoulder, letting Yakimba and the sheath drop to the ground and looked into the sky.  "D**n you Fearx you were right.  I haven't changed one bit...  I never will."  He looked back to Jonathan.  "You know this is what he wants right?  Us fighting all over again?  This kind of reminds me of our first fight when Ulises first tugged at me.  Only difference is that he's long extinct......  Even if I could somehow forget about Death Adder, the man who took away a player I knew and was close with, I can't forget about Fearx.  He won't let me.  He won't stop until we've had our duel, and I cannot let him reach the point where he'd be willing to attack Kasier just to get me to train...  I've been training, Jonathan.  Not moping around.  Because I will NOT be pushed around by him ANYMORE!"  He he opened his menu and switched to his twilight cloak, removing his evasion stat, and held his arms out.  "Do what you need to do...  But I need to be strong enough to defend the people I care about and hold precious to me...  That includes you."

Fearx turned to Chaos with a slightly surprised face, his eyebrow raised..  Slightly surprised.  He didn't let anything catch him by surprise fully.  However it was an interesting twist to hear Chaos mention that the one who destroyed everything was his own wife.  "Your wife? I feel like you should have determined whether or not she would have worked with you before you two married...  Well at any rate, you have a second chance, and this time with a far more powerful ally."  He then heard his sigh of sorrow and regret and watched him for a bit.  This man actually fell in love with the woman then?  Fearx had run into many women who had fallen in love with him, but he felt nothing in return.  They didn't spark him like competition and the thrill of battle did.  He often wondered what it was like to be in love.  Evidently this man had that, but it was lost to him in the end due to their difference in opinion.  Fearx didn't know a lot about love, but he felt that two who love each other should share everything before considering marriage.  Secrets could tear apart any relationship.  "You truly loved her then?  Hmm...  I'd like to encourage you there, but I'd have to have enough understanding to do so.  I've never felt any connection." 

Chaos then began to share with Fearx his true goals and motivations.  Fearx definitely had to agree that the frontlines could use some actual leadership instead of fighting among themselves.  He didn't think that Chaos was the most creative individual, but if he took Fearx' advice with the red claw, and applied it to the front lines.  Instead of ruling Aincrad through fear, he could rule it through awe, respect, and fear.  Those who sought to disrupt the harmony of the frontlines would be eradicated, and those who sought to work with them and escape could train hard and become strong enough to work with them.  "You'd be surprised just how many would accept such a thing.  So long as they get what they want that is.  There would need to be a balance, but you could potentially reduce the amounts of rebellions if you play it out right."  He listened as Chaos agreed with his idea, enjoying it greatly.  Fearx grinned and finished his <Chaos Donut>.  "Well then, let's go give them a show they'll never forget.  I'll see you at the teleport pad.  I have a green cursor, so I don't actually need to avoid the guards."

@Morgenstern

He waited for the man to release his anger on him. As a tank, he really wasn't too worried about Itzal's superior level. Instead, he dropped his Demonic Sword and sheath onto the ground. Jonathan lowered his guard as Itzal began to chuckle to himself. Itzal seemed to be speaking to himself, but then Itzal started spewing things from his mouth that made no sense. "Stop, who the hell is he? Who have you been training before? What are you trying to protect us from? You know bosses are a team effort" Jonathan stepped forward after sheathing his sword. "This world is unforgiving, yes? Brilliant lights will eventually cease to burn, but there are enough out there for us to continue without there being a hero" Jonathan shook his head. "What are you trying to protect us from?" Jonathan was confused. What was the man talking about. Itzal didn't need to protect them from anything. They worked as a team for the boss battles. More or less, the did things together. They needed to become further together to go farther, but it would take time, and neither side forcing the other. 

A the mention of his wife, Fear seemed quite surprised, but then addled him by saying that he should have ensured that she had the same views as he. A bit disgruntled, Chaos shook his head. "She was. That is my problem. She was all for it. In fact, she helped me throughout the process. I used to have more than three times the amount of followers than I do now. Many middle-tiered players, prepared to intimidate off the frontliners who distancing themselves as individuals. She helped me gain the support of half of them, providing meetings in secret, rallying many players. She was always confident, strong with her words, and moving things forward" A shadow crossed his face. Some of his sadness reverted into a scowl as he distastefully said, "Then she betrayed me. I had originally made a party, where frontliners celebrated their success. Nothing happened, which lured more in the second time. They were weapons free, you were suppose to leave them away. Then, the second time, I led my forces into the party, prepared for instant overwhelming of the frontliners. Instead, my group et up with a fully buffed, fully armed group of high levels. I watched as my men were slaughtered. Angry, I captured one and beat the information out of him of how they knew. It was her. My wife had betrayed and left, after everything we worked towards" 

"My problem?" He replied to Fear's question. "Is that I still do. In fact, Luz and Raven are constantly out, trying to locate her. She's not dead, but instead in hiding. She must be moving constantly though. Every time I stumble across one thing, she vanishes from that area" 

He chuckled, but it was without jest. Fear tried adding to the point that many players would agree to such a task but Chaos shook his head. "The problem was that there was too man that didn't want it. Most of them were in the top levels, the top power. They were not cool with being moved from their high position of power" 

Fear noted the teleport pad and Chaos nodded. "See you there" he stated plainly. 

Itzal was a little confused at first before realizing that he hadn't told Jonathan about Fearx yet.  He shook his head, realizing he should have told him a long time ago.  He dropped his hands to his sides again.  "Follow me.  I'd like to explain while heading to the next floor.  Let's get this questline cleared."  He began to walk in the direction towards town, knowing that Jonathan would come along.  "Fearx was...  Someone I knew from the real world.  You remember that boss that kept shapeshifting?  Remember the last form it took before we killed it?  The figure in the golden armor?  That was the last avatar I saw Fearx in before SAO."  He sighed, hating have to explain all this again.  "At first we were just friendly rivals.  However we soon came to resent each other.  Every game I played he arrived and outclassed me quickly.  We did anything and everything to gain levels and god like gear.  I even swindled, stole and cheated other players just to keep up with Fearx."  The tone in his voice would make it clear that he didn't like what he had done.  However that was the past, so hopefully Jonathan wouldn't be too rough on him.  "We were both obsessed with being the best, and especially in this world he wouldn't change...  We ran into each other a little while back.  And ever since, he's been prodding me, irritating me, and even assaulting me, all for me to get stronger for him to fight.  He wants to have a duel to end this little game of ours.  A final stand.  And he'll do anything he can to get that.  So long as I train, so long as I work to becoming strong enough to fight him, he won't hurt anyone.  But if I falter?..."

Fearx watched Chaos as he explained what had happened.  How she was all for the idea, and even aided him in everything.  Up until Chaos planned an assault on some front liners.  She had disappeared and he found out that she tipped them off about the assault.  The way he described her beforehand it seemed like she was the kind of person who could hold everything together.  Like the entire organization and operation was only successful due to her and her actions.  Why then would she do a one eighty like this?  There were two options that Fearx could think of.  Either A, she had been planning to betray Chaos the entire time and was just covering it up.  Or B, she didn't like the idea of killing front liners and wanted to save them.  However he knew this wasn't the time to discuss such a thing with Chaos, especially what they were going to do and where they were going.  He then answered his question as to whether or not Chaos loved her still by saying yes, and he was still looking for her.  However his unpleasant chuckle told Fearx that he may have unloving intentions when he initially found her, if he ever did that is.  Aincrad was massive, growing more so with each day.  He remained silent, having nothing he believed would be encouraging to this particular player, in this particular time.

When he explained why that wouldn't work, Fearx nodded in understanding.  "And because players like that crowd the frontlines you must purge the old before others will be willing to work together as one force than split into multiple scattered players seeking nothing but strength or glory.  It definitely makes sense, however if you don't do it right, you'll appear to be the villain of Aincrad, making it far more difficult to keep control...  I'll meet you there."

@Morgenstern