[PP-F10] Batman and The Penguin (Ryo)

"Why not drinks?" He said to the man, the man he only met a little bit ago. He was the first person he talked to at the party that wasn't people who he knew, so he decided that maybe he could actually make a friend out of this, but not another guild mate. He saw above his name that he was actually already in a guild, as was Spencer. He shrugged the thought off and looked at Ryo. "You obviously don't have to if you don't want to, just this party is getting a bit boring and I need something to do, and you seem like an interesting character that I would like to get to know, no flirting I promise." He laughed, the penguin looking at batman, something that could happen in the comics. Wow, The Penguin and Batman, going for drinks, again something I would never think about. "So what do yah say? Go blow this popsicle stand and go get drinks?"

Ryo turned again, his cape gently dragging against the ground and tossing smoke into the air. His Batman costume was getting a workout it seemed. It was dark, and high quality, so it generated a lot of heat. The thought of getting drinks was a good one, and very tempting with the current situation of a heated costume. He reached up, wiping the sweat from his forehead. Yeah, drinks were calling his name. Ones with a lot of ice. He had already met some of the people at the party, and he figured that they wouldn't miss him. He shrugged his shoulders at the towering penguin before him. "I've got nothing better to do. And I don't see an issue with grabbing something to drink. You have someplace in mind?" Ryo asked, questioning the penguin if he had any ideas to get said drinks. Ryo then heard the bit about the no flirting part. Why did it, bother him in a way? Was he that vain that he wanted to hear compliments all of the time? Ryo chuckled. "And hey, I'll take a compliment or two should I receive them." He said, chuckling. "But yeah, drinks are nice." He said again, affirming what the penguin has offered earlier.

Spencer nodded, taking a step forward. "Hmmm, not really much of a drinker myself, maybe there will be a little tavern or something outside of the meeting area for this party?" He said with a question, first looking at Ryo then looking around the area. The place was full of people, so it was pretty hard to see anything without it being movement of costumes or the pumpkin man person. He looked around, and saw a path off to the side of the common grounds. "Maybe down here?" He mentioned and looked at Ryo, shrugging, then going down the path that he had found. It was lit with soft lighting candles, going down a scenic path, almost looking pretty, but the cobwebs and other halloween decorations kind of took away from it. He sighed a bit and smiled a bit at Ryo, feeling the quietness kind of dragging on between the two. What do I literally even say to him, I have no idea to be honest, I need to think of something or it's going to be a quiet and awkward drink. "So, what made you think of dressing up as batman? There were tons of pirates, and also some very creepy costumes, what popped into your mind that batman was the go to?" He asked and looked down at him, noticing the height difference, seemed to be close to 10 inches in height. Looking up, he saw a building come into view, a picture of a skull mug on it.

Ryo followed Spencer for as long as he could. If the path got dangerous, or life threating he'd get out of the way. He wondered if Spencer had any idea of where he was going, but it could just be the darkness of the tenth floor being a factor of things. Perhaps he was simply just overthinking it. He rubbed the back of his latex covered neck. Ryo kept quiet, for the walk. He wanted t keep the talking for the warmness of wherever they were headed so that they could enjoy each other's company there. But it seemed that the silence was too much for Spencer to handle, and he asked a question aloud regarding Ryo's costume. "Well," Ryo began. "It was fitting. I have a mansion and a butler. I just kinda went with it." He didn't mention the obsession of a dead person with the long dead. Ryo said, explaining his choice.

He nodded and listened to the man talk about his butler and his mansion, feeling rather impressed that this man already had all of this. "Wow, that's really impressive with the mansion and everything." He said and was quiet for a moment, then he decided to reply. "I dressed up as a penguin because I love penguins. I have not the slightest idea why I like penguins, but I always have, and I thought this game would be the best for it." He smiled and shrugged, basically the entire costume moving with him as he shrugged. He looked up to see the bar a lot closer. "Looks like we found one." The sign out front said the 'Dead Mug', the skull mug really gave it away with the name. "The Dead Mug, sounds fitting." He muttered and entered, making sure to hold the door for Ryo as well. He found to seats that were unoccupied, and luckily other inhabitants of the bar were in costumes so he didn't feel out of the ordinary when he was in a big penguin costume.

Ryo laughed alongside Spencer. "You shouldn't be so uptight about it. Love penguins so love penguins." Ryo said, wanting to cheer on his fellow man. Even if his fellow man happened to be a towering one in a full penguin costume. The bar came into view first, followed by the name plaquered. 'The Dead Mug'. Cheerful sounding place. Almost as good as a 'Good Nights Rest' or the 'Come on Inn'. Ryo smiled at the thought of the latter one. He may use that for his store if it wasn't taken already. The opened at the two walked in.

The interior was dark, the only light being the lanterns that hung on the wall. The bar reminded him more of a rustic Western dive than a bar, but it had all the amenities that a bar would have. Ryo pulled up his chair, letting his cape slink off to the side. He peered around, looking for possible exits or trouble. But the bar seemed to be filled with party goers for the time being, so he relaxed himself. Spencer sat across from himself, still towering over him. "So, why pick SAO for your fascinaton with penguins? Why not another VR experience?" Ryo asked his companion.

Spencer smiled at what Ryo said, about loving Penguins if he loved penguins, and not let anyone really get to him about it. He followed him into 'The Dead Mug', hoping the place was actually okay inside. Luckily, it was pretty okay, other players with costumes, a little dark, but a pretty welcoming environment. He sighed a little happily and followed Ryo and sat down, sitting across from batman. He brought up the question on why he was using SAO to go with his Penguin liking, and all he did was shrug. "I don't know to be honest, I just decided to start liking penguins more? Or I took solace in the things that I enjoy with the fact that I can control it? I don't know, but I like Penguins a lot, I'm tempted to get a penguin familiar when I take that quest, no idea when I'm taking it though." He said and smiled.

An NPC Waiter came by and took the players order, Spencer ordering a Caramel Apple Cider. He listened to the NPC saying that it will be right up and he nodded, turning back to Ryo. "So, I see you are apart of a guild, how's that going for you? I only recently joined a guild myself, and there are just 5 of us at the moment. But hoping that we get some more people soon." He smiled and explained himself on his own guild affiliations.

• 1 month later...

Ryo looked to his health bar, nothing his guild tag, betraying his affiliation. "Oh yeah, the Celestials. They're an alright bunch I suppose. Better than those traitors at Blood Oath." Ryo said, his voice carrying a bit of spite. His costume creaked as he grabbed his drink and swished it's contents around. "I only joined the Celestials so I could get a head start. I started late in the game keeping myself in the town of beggimgs for months on end not doing much." He lied casually. But Spencer had no need to know of his past sins. No one needed to know. "Then, when I did get into adventuring, all my gear was stolen from me and it's been a rough climb since." Ryo said. "But hey, that's great to hear about your guild. One if the best guilds in this game only had a handful of members. And I'm sure more will come with time." Ryo said, taking a long swing of his drink.

He nodded a bit and thought to himself for a moment. "Yeah, and I was the same way. It took me forever to get out of the town of beginnings because I was really too afraid of leaving. I only made myself get up and leave when I hated feeling so afraid all the time. I'm glad you got around as well to getting into a guild." He smiled again and took a sip of his drink. He heard the spite in Ryo's talk of the Blood Oath, he had no idea who they were, but he felt as though that was a slightly touchy subject. He looked around for a moment and then looked back at Ryo. "I'm hoping more come, just going to be a bit. But hey, wanna play 20 questions? It's a common and over used ice breaker, but it could help us think of some ideas of what to talk about." He suggested and thought of a question. "Okay, I'll go first. What do I win for making the most pirates laugh at the halloween party." He said with a smirk.

• 3 weeks later...

Ryo thought in his mind for something to his partner. "Hmm." He said in thought. "You win a tiny bit of information about me. I am bisexual." He said, touching his chest in a 'holier than thou' sort of pose. Spencer has suggested twenty questions, and Ryo was confused as to how to start the game. He chuckled and tried to explain. "So, twenty questions is that one of us pick a noun, and then the other has twenty questions to guess what it is. "Here, I'll pick something," Ryo said giving Spencer a smile. He thought for a moment, trying to pick something. "Alright, I've got something. Go ahead and ask your questions. I am ready." Ryo teased.The word he chose was pumpkin, as it was fitting for the time. Ryo took a swig of his drink, looking at the man in the penguin costume across from him.

Spencer's eyes widened slightly when he said that he was bisexual. He was the first guy he met in this game that also had an attraction to men. He quelled the thoughts of them dating, he barely even knew the man. It seemed as though the man was interested in just friends, so he decided that he would try for friends, he didn't want to ruin anything that the two of them could possibly have in friendship if he rushed and tried to get with him.  Ryo changed the topic and brought up 20 questions, suggesting that he go first with the first item. Spencer nodded and thought to himself, wondering what it possibly could be. "Hmmmmm... you're smart so it would be something I wouldn't expect, so..... is it red?" He asked, "Oh! And can you eat it?"

Ryo chuckled. "That was two questions." He responded. "And the answer to both is yes if the situation permits." He said, thinking about pumpkin pies, or those small red pumpkins that he could find at the grocery store. Ryo looked at his guild tag, and then at Spencer's. Ryo thought for a second and opened his menu. No messages from any of his guild members, any of them. Stryder said something about hanging out, but that was weeks ago. And no message stating that he'd get back to him on that. His brows furrowed, as he opened his menu and check his guild tab. He clicked on the 'leave guild' option. Satisfied with his choice, he looked back at Clarence. "Alright, eighteen more left." Ryo said, giving a small chuckle. Ryo took another swig of his drink and setting the cup down on the table.

Spencer smiled when Ryo said that was two questions. "Oh well, I want to be very educated with figuring out what it is. And now I know it is something that is red and its edible." He thought for a moment, an apple was way too obvious, but there weren't many things that are red and you can eat. "Hmmm, is it a seasonal food? Like is it meant for holidays?" He was wondering if it was cranberries, those are red and usually eaten on thanksgiving, he was hoping he was on to something here, that's the only red thing he could think of. While he was waiting for Ryo to answer him, a flash of light distracted him, and he looked up. The guild symbol above Ryo's head faded away. "Wait..... Did you just leave your guild in the middle of us playing 20 questions?" He laughed and looked rather confused. "I knew you were in Celestial Ascendants, didn't think they were treating you that bad." Maybe he would want to join HDA, I think he is fine with everyone in it, I hope at least.

Ryo shrugged his shoulders. "No idea, what that question has to do with anything," Ryo said. "But it counts." He said, teasing his partner across the table. "And your answers are gonna come in order." He said, clearing his throat. "Yes, it's seasonal. It fits with several holidays. And yes, I did." He said, confirming the questions. Damn, Spencer was better at the game then he thought. He'd have to come up with some way to try and trick Spencer. But, he was having fun and that's what mattered. Ryo opened his menu, looking at his messages. He stared at the party invite he gave Teion. He sighed sadly as he closed his menu. No message, nothing. He wondered if Teion was alright. He was sure she was fine, she was a tough woman after all and she didn't need him harassing her all the time.

"Hmmm, Is this said noun used as a desert option for these seasonal events?" He was sure it was cranberries, he just needed to be answered one more time and then he would know. Spencer was still confused on the whole thing with his guild and him leaving it. "Wait wait wait, this isn't apart of my questions. But why did you leave your guild? ..... and are you looking to join another guild?" He said with a small smile. Maybe I can get him to join the guild- DANG it is hot in here Jesus lord. He groaned and stood up. "One moment." He said and stepped out of the Penguin suit. Underneath he was wearing black pants, and a tight sleeveless black shirt. "Sorry, it is REALLY hot in here, I couldn't take it anymore." He laughed and ran a hand through his blonde hair. "Anyways... hmmmmmmm. I think I might know what it isss." He smiled a little cocky at Ryo and rested his head on his hands.

Ryo laughed as Ryo undressed saying that it was hot in the room. "You think it's hot? Trying having a solid black skin tight latex suit on underneath foam padding. I'm sweating in places you don't even know." He said counter flirting as he tallied up all those questions. "Oh I know it's not, but it's making the game more fun. What was that just now? Three questions?" He said laughing. "But yes, it is used in a seasonal desert. And I did because no one was talking. I'm assuming that they're all still greieving, but you can't grieve forever. And for the time being, I'll pass on any invites. Don't want to give the impression that I Left for another. Ain't that kinda guy." He said to Spencer. 

Spencer rolled his eyes. "I mean hey, it's your fault for deciding to wear that outfit, and I think I know those places. Also, if you're trying to flirt with me, not doing the best. Flirting is more like: "Hey, I can tell that you are pretty hot right now, but would my body heat be allowed to get into the mix?" He gave a playful wink and a laugh. Ryo commented on the fact that he wasn't going to accept any other invites at the moment because he didn't want to make it look like he left one for another. "Okay! I completely understand. But hey, the offer is still on the table for whenever you want to join, if you ever do, no pressure." He smiled at the man, and was hoping that he was on the right track with the questions, and maybe possibly the flirting. Okay Spencer you can try flirting, but don't make it that much, if he isn't into you, just drop it okay? Don't make the man uncomfortable. He berated himself mentally and went back to the 20 question game, thinking he was about to win. "Anyways... Its Cranberries. It HAS to be cranberries, you eat those for thanksgiving, it's the only thing that I can think of that makes sense." He says and crosses his arms, thinking he is completely correct.

Ryo laughed, then felt his face blush. "Damn. That was a pretty good one." He said grabbing his collar and stretching it out some. he did think about joining his guild. He had heard about them, and it was either them or the Celestials. He thought about it some more until Clarence gave his answer. "Cranberries?" Ryo said smirking. "You should've asked some more questions. Because the answer was..." Ryo began, pausing for dramatic effect. "Pumpkins!" He said laughing. "Pumpkin pie is a Thanksgiving thing. It can grow red, instead of orange. And they're seasonally, and are typically grown in America." Ryo said, showing off his knowledge of the food item. "But cranberries works also. Hmm." He said, rubbing his chin. But the point stands, I win." He looked up from his drink up at Spencer. "So, what do I win?" He said, giving him a coy wink.

"Here, I'm gonna resend the guild invitation, keep it so you can just think about it okay? It's a really good guild, and I don't want you to throw it away beccause you don't want the rebound." Spencer quickly resent the invitation to Ryo, hoping that he would join the guild.Spencer blushed lightly at the wink, not knowing how to understand it. Hmmm, Push it more? The man did say it was a good one, so he decided to keep going. "I would hope it was a good one, I'm trying to flirt with you after all. Kind of a big deal." He blushed and smiled a bit. "I-I mean I'm kidding of course, why would I flirt with you even though you don't like me like that." He blushed more and tried to push it away the best that he could. Ryo said something about what he would win, so he pushed his embarrassment aside to think about it. Don't know how I didn't think pumpkins, or how he thought pumpkins for that matter, but I assuming he is a smart guy and he out played me. Spencer thought for a bit of a longer moment on the fact, and frowned "Hmmm... What do you win..." He thought and bit his lip, staring off into the distance. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at Ryo. "I'm guessing you want me to tell you a secret? I have no idea for a secret, so I'm not going to tell you one." Spencer said, and shrugged, which Ryo wouldn't let it go. The man started to harass the man to get him to tell a secret, which was starting to really get to him, and make him more irritated and frantically looking for a secret in his head at the same time. What the hell is his problem!

Ryo raised an eyebrow at the second guild invite. He looked at it, and back to Spencer as he accepted the guild invite. "Fine. I mean, if you want me that badly I have no choice but to say yes." Ryo said now noticing his new guild tag and emblem appear. "Believe me, I noticed the flirting," Ryo said, taking another sip of his drink. "And I'll have you know that I'm perfectly fine with you coming on to me. Taking the compliment is what I do." Ryo said, chuckling. "So, what do I win? A secret of some sort? An eye for an eye, so to speak?" He asked, placing his elbows and leaning on the table. "Wha? Not give me one? Spencer, I'm saddened." Ryo said sarcastically. "And after the secret, I told you, I'm not going to get one in return?" Ryo said, jokingly adding pressure onto Spencer. Ryo opened his eyes and saw that Spencer was becoming visibly uncomfortable. "Hey, I don't mean anything by it." He said standing up. "I'll be seeing ya' Spenc. Should be getting home soon." He said, before turning to leave.