[PP-F1] Learning a Lesson

Players around her scrambled together forming parties immediately after hearing the news that the game was in fact a death game. Unlike everyone else, Swift decided it would be a good idea to lay low a while. Spending her many weeks in the town of beginnings recent news from the front lines had just come along claiming that they are starting the next floor boss, thus meaning they are over one-fifth of the way to completing the game. Hearing such fantastic news was a motif for her. She wants to help expedite the process to escape, but with her being such a low level there was no possible way that she would be making it there anytime soon. She looked at quests that could be accepted on the map and surely enough there was a marker on the map that directed her to a small alchemists shop. Inside, was an old man with white text above him stating "Zakariah" which must've been his name. Her poorly equipped body pushed the door shut behind her.

The man appeared to be rather- busy. Perhaps it was a better idea to come back another day. She didn't want to interrupt his work when he was working so diligently. He looked around the room to see potions shelved across walls and some put into display cases, all varying in color and sizes. "Excuse me." Swift managed to bring herself to speak up, only to be discouraged when the man didn't acknowledge her voice. Clearing her throat she tried again "Excuse me." This time louder than the last and with success as well. The man jumped up to his feet and turned around. "Oh I'm sorry darling, I didn't hear you. Old me must really have a difficult time hearing now." He said in a old, genuine tone. He let out a small chuckle as he wasn't upset at all, in fact he seemed quite the opposite. Finally being relieved, she mentioned to the man about a quest that he could offer her. With short small talk, and now talking about the quest, he directed her to obtain five crafting material in order to make a healing potion. He told her that the reward would be a few potions that could help her along her journey and with that information she set off with a smile on her face.

Finally having accepted her first quest, she left the building only to be stumped by one more thing. She had no idea if she would be able to make it safely through the plains without being attacked by an enemy. Even though there were the standard Frenzy Boars, sometimes you would come across a wolf, or a goblin that lurked near the woods. Perhaps she was strong enough to take them on herself, but Swift had thought it would be smarter to see if someone was interested in accompanying her for safety purposes. Posting something on the player request board about her need for another adventuring partner, she couldn't promise much of a reward.

@Illia

Edited by Swift

The Town of Beginnings was still her residence of choice, unfortunately it was the only area with low enough players and creatures where she felt safe confronting foes.  The illustrious redhead equipped with perfect tier one gear after her first few investments at the blacksmith, artisan, and tailor. The larger portion of her weeks involved aiding with those mentally frail after this frightening state, others were simply children who had no form of parental guidance yet. It was a fear in her eyes that those children would get lost or indentured into crafting for pker's. It was an experience, beneficial in her eyes hoping that the world would be brought down and all of them would be returned within the first month. It was that point she had decided though, a month passed and still each morning was in this virtual purgatory that left them without simple pleasure that she had adored. Dishes and cooking weren't the same, her own ability to cook without menu's and preheat oven caused some of the more complex options of cooking to be loss on her now. The first quest, after earn a living was completed was the lessons though her previous companion seemed to have disappeared after the first. It would have been useful to continue the story with his assistance, but that was expected the mentality of some players left others in the dust. Illia had talked tough to Macradon a few days earlier, but after a few encounters that were to close for comfort.

After deciding that a group would be of use, she decided that it was best to keep watch over those who were starting from the beginning still. A girl wandered into the Zakariah's Alchemist shop. Weary eyes watched the door, perhaps this woman would be of use on her vendetta against the man who had proclaimed her inability to do anything other then rely upon the frontliners. Illia tapped a finger against her chin for a moment or two contemplating, was it inappropriate to lurk and eavesdrop on fellow players if she wasn't in the room. After a few minutes though she sighed now strolling up only to leap back behind cover, wincing as the girl now trudged forward toward the fields and forests. Illia's fleet of feet kept her softly padding behind the woman till she finally decided to raise her voice.

"Hey! I was just wondering you aren't fully equipped yet or anything right, would like to have some muscle for now to keep an eye on you as you search for materials?"

@Swift

About to be on her way out of the Town of Beginnings into the wilderness, she was cut short by a woman who called out to her. She was positive that she had never heard the voice before, not by any means. Turning around slowly, she saw a girl before her with red hair and quality gear on compared to the remainder of other players, including herself. The girl had called her out on her lack of gear, which made her feel slightly subconscious of her lack of equipment. Then again, she shouldn't feel to bad since she's doing these quests in order to get some Col amounted so that she can get her own gear.

"The name is Swift, pleasure to meet you!" She said with a smile on her face. She hadn't considered the option of the player joining her quite yet, but the more she thought about it the more it seemed like a solid idea. After all, the time of day was already past noon and who knew how long they'd be out there. It was probably a good idea to rather be safe than sorry. "Sure, I suppose a little extra muscle wouldn't be a bad idea, even though I'm only going material hunting!" Swiping her hand before her a few times, she finally used her index finger to push a button that sent a menu before the female player, requesting to form a party with the her. "I am curious though, why are you looking for lower leveled players? Why not work on getting up there to make it to the front lines as fast as possible? I hear they're always looking for extra additions to the team to clear the floors even faster!"

@Illia

Edited by Swift

Illia sauntered up, her left leg losing balance upon the way just briefly hardly noticeable as she caught herself leaping up to a stand still. Though her own klutzy maneuver was caught mid step she still contained a slight embarrassed blush across her cheeks. A gentle grin spread across her lips, her hand rubbed up against the back of her head anxious as she hadn't found anyone. It turned out fewer and fewer players were her level, beside this one. Ears perked she began to listen intently to the woman as she introduced herself as Swift. It was a catchy name, though she had half expected her to have roughly the same build as herself light armor and a rapier for quick fencing and parrying techniques. The second query though caught her off guard, a discomforted cringe now reversing that eager demeanor. As she stood there she sighed figuring it was best to just explain her intentions.

"I'm not looking for just any player. I'm sure that I could join a guild, though I never really enjoyed the idea of meeting up with a group who would slowly carry me up and through the ranks. After all what's the purpose of joining them if you can't handle yourself in the midst of conflict, and that is why I wish to find my own strength along the road just like the rest assisting myself and partners through the series of quests till we can face off even with them. Besides, I need to dual someone who I have an issue with up there."

The girl now glanced up from the grass which she had been intently staring at as she laughed, trying to break her own awkwardness. After the agreement to assist on this simple floor she would stroll just beside Swift, one hand resting upon her rapier, ever ready and vigilant for monsters.

@Swift

The youthful player before her talked about how she had her own intentions of fighting through the ranks on her own and then eventually go head to head with a player on the front lines. Nodding her head that they both have a goal she smiled and moved on.

"Perhaps we'll see each other on the front lines someday and fight side by side more than just down here on these lower floors!"

Swift kept an eye on the indicator on the map that she had in her menu to use it as a type of waypoint to her destination. Nearing the destination she saw a nearby boar, but didn't find anything of it. Though she was tempted to fight it to test her mettle, it clearly wouldn't be a true fight since she had someone by her side at the moment. Instead, she pressed onward for another what seemed like fifteen minutes of walking. The mark on the map had changed from a dot to a giant circle with a radius of 50 yards. "Perhaps we should split up and search for the material, that way we can cover as much ground as possible. If we come across any enemies that try to fight us, we call out to one another and we come aid as soon as possible." A plan of action had been set to action and Swift parted her way towards one end of the circle, leaving the other part to the girl, which she saw her name was Illia based on the party information.

Searching near the area she had started, she didn't find much material at her location, which was rather a shame.

ID: 90245 (Forgot to link the post)

@Illia

The forest breeze continued to whistle through the leaves and down upon the plains of the first floor. Those emerald eyes continued to focus upon swift, she seemed mature compared to herself a trait she wanted to partially emulate. One foot after the other stepped trampling down the grass which would spring back up after the spawn cycle took place. Her eyes glossed over the emulated pattern of grass till she heard the woman speak up. Her head perked up once again intent to pay attention more closely this time as the plan was made. It seemed like all the newbies enjoyed splitting up, perhaps she ought to take this as a hint. A solo play might just be the end result for her story. A simple nod agreed as she recalled the name, she frowned before now turning about to watch her walk away.

"Oh and I almost forgot, though you can read the names by our health bars I'm Illia. Keep safe."

Her arm reached up behind her head gripping the side as she sighed now returning to that tedious task of material gathering. At least this time there was only one person who needed to complete the quest so half the materials were needed unlike the previous time. This section seemed to be scarce of resources, a glance back would note that Swift had the same difficulty.

ID: 90246 LD: 10
@Swift

Edited by Illia

(OOC: Since we are doing this quest as a party, you also have to find 5 material. The quest states it, so we need to find a total of 10)

Swift turned her head as she heard the other player finally introduce herself. Nodding to acknowledge her words it was followed with a smile, "Pleasure. Hopefully we'll even end up in a guild together someday." Bold words, but honest ones at that. The rumors of an old guild, "The Azure Brigade" it was her goal to return it to it's former glory that people praised so highly. Perhaps she'd do things differently, and make it less of an elite guild, she still intended to make it a top quality guild at that. Making sure not to forget to look around her surroundings, she saw a shimmer of light that lasted merely a second which caught her attention. Making her way over to where she saw the shimmer of light, she leaned over and gathered one of the material she was searching for. Ironically, she could see why it was such a challenge to find these as it was nothing but a simple leaf with some different edges to it. 

Adding it to her inventory she stood up and searched for the player that she was partied up with, "Illia! I found some over here, come search in this area with me! Maybe we'll have more luck together!" She called out trying to see if maybe the two can have more conversation this way it was less of a tedious task and more of a meet and greet while completing a quest.

ID: 90305 LD: 12

(1 of 5 Material found)

@Illia

Edited by Swift

Illia blinked, she honestly hadn't thought about guilds let alone groups after the various guilds that had broken off from the former. Guilds was an entire new creature to hurdle, Illia already felt like she had burned one bridge, though there were still four of five she had seen advertised since. Her own emerald eyes continued to scan the area, she hadn't full accepted the context of this quest, was she suppose to find a total of five materials once more. Within the description it had read that those working together had to collect five each. A shrug would interrupt that thought, it didn't matter to much she only regret that she hadn't bought a tier one item that would boost chances to find materials.  Scouring the area, Illia would only hope that her own search was as successful as the first time through, if not more.

Illia then heard her compatriot speak up, her body tilting with a rather stoic posture as she offered a gentle smile and nod. This was her mission after all, they need to find them so might as well do it together. She then pointed out beside Swift, as she found some more wandering toward another clearing as a shimmer showed some more herbs.

"Looks like we are in luck, this shouldn't be to hard for us to complete."

ID: 90338 LD: 17

(2 of 5 Material)

Edited by Illia

Collecting the material that Illia pointed out beside her, she quickly managed to discover another one nearby. With the sun starting to fall past it's peak and more towards the evening hours, the blue hue up above was now a orange mixed with some reds and yellow somewhere in there as well. Taking a moment from the searching to live in the moment, she looked over at Illia. Her eyes scanned the sky and her hair flew behind her as a small wind gust picked up nearby. After taking in the sights for a moment and half, she began to walk again.

"Isn't it beautiful? While I'm talking about the sky, I also mean how all of us players come together and work as one when it comes to a time of need such as life and death."

While outside of this game, many people weren't exactly fond of being generous or helpful in public, in this game things were different. Many times she saw players helping one another out for anything. Either it was gathering material just like now, or perhaps it was clearing a dungeon, or to some extremes it was clearing the floor bosses alongside other frontliners. To see that such a terrible game had brought unity to many people, it was truly beautiful and an accomplishment at that. Sure, there were players who took to the evils of the world and killed one another, or others that had ended their lives early, that doesn't mean that everyone was like that. Swift wanted nothing more other than to see people cooperating to get out of the game as fast as possible to return to their ordinary lives.

ID: 90341 LD: 13

(3 of 5 Material)

Edited by Swift

A gentle smile approved of her ability, this mission was going quite well considering her last attempt, even if it was only a quest for one of them. Her hand tapped at the side of her hip as she hummed considering every option she had once gone through. A few materials had been hidden at the base of trees, other locations completely barren.  It wasn't long before swift would attempt to continue this conversation, Illia simply nodded as she heard the idea of how shocking it was how the community worked together. It wasn't entirely accurate though, there were the few who were willing to make lives in this game setting down despite the restrictions and options given. Another group however, the pker's, didn't care about the well being of other players something that she may not ha ve come across. Illia's voice would interject her thoughts.

"I agree to an extent, though most people wish to break free of this prison there are some who embrace it and the horrific actions they can inflict upon one another. You can't let your guard down for to long else there will be someone who will sideswipe you when you least expect it."

Illia continued along the path frowning as she didn't spot any more materials. Her hands now shifting back behind her back as she teetered back and forth in her gear now thinking.

"Would you like to join on an adventure? This is a game after all we ought to make the most of it while we continue along."

ID:90383 LD: 6

@Swift

Edited by Illia