[F1-PP] Continuing adventure with new friend <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

Spoiler

Level 3

HP: 60          EN:6

• Base DMG: 1
  • DMG +1
  • MIT:0
  • ACC: 0
  • EVA: 1

Equipment

• Ancient blade (Uncommon Dagger [Damage 1])
  • Leather armor (Uncommon Light armor [Evasion 1]

Battle items

(5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)

As I walked out of Lyles shop Illia turned toward me and said, that she needs to go. I really didn't know why she left, but I accepted it knowing how she is. Slowly I walked toward the inn, eying every player I could see, hoping to get a partner for the quest I had accepted from the blacksmith until tomorrow. Sadly, I didn't see anyone with low enough level or someone that seemed interested to go on a quest.

When I arrived at the West Inn the sun had already started rising. Few morning rays shoot from beyond the houses and the wall, but I managed to escape them in the room of the Inn and closing the windows. I quickly fell asleep.

Next day I woke up and walked down to the main lobby. I ate a modest breakfast and prepared to set off. Before going out I decided to try my luck and shouted

"Hello, would anyone be interested in killing some boars?  I need it for a quest."

Edited by Taka
Spoiler

Level: 17

HP: 340      Energy: 34

+2 damage

2 base damage

35 mitigation

+14 thorns

+2 paralyze

+1 Taunt

+1 recovery  (+1 energy on a CD roll of 6+)

Equipped items:

Revial: (damagex2, Paralyzex1) ( one handed curved sword)

Ruby Armor: (thorns x2, Recoveryx1) (heavy armor)

Twilight Shadow: (paralyzex2, tauntx1)

Kuro: (27 mitigation) (tier 1 protection familiar)

Skills:

Rank 2 curved Sword. (+2 damage)

Rank 1 combat aid: heals 4% per rank of a party member's health (rounded down)    Energy cost: 5% of healing done (rounded down

Howl: Active Post command.  Energy Cost: 10     Effect: Adds +3 Hate each against up to 4 targets.

Rank 1 Heavy armor: +8 mitigation

Extra Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 1:

Survivalist Rank 1: passive Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 20 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.

Protector familiar: Rank 1 +27 mitigation

Battle Inventory:

Matriarch's stinger- +1 damage for one battle.

Tier one over-health potion- (+50 Temp HP)

3 tier one health potion- (+40 for each)

I walk through the town of beginnings at a steady pace with a smile on my face as i look around at all the things. Starting this day off with a check in on floor one to see how the new players are doing in terms of needing help. I look towards my familiar who is as big as a large sized dog as he looks back up at with his green eyes as i look at my familiar with my blue eyes. His ears then perk up and starts to lead me to somewhere as i decide to follow my familiar knowing he hasn't lead me wrong yet, or ever really. he leads me to a very close inn only a few feet away as he flaps his wings three times as i grin at seeing that. I open the door and sees a person who is standing. I turn to face them with curiosity able to tell they are new from their gear. Excuse me sir my familiar told me you needed help with something. My name is Hestia level 17 Paladin type build. No affiliation with any guild at the moment. I just like to help players out with getting stronger. I say kindly with a smile as i extend my hand. From what my familiar told me you are one such person who needs help.

@Taka

Edited by Hestia

I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. Someone really had responded to my cry of desperation. I looked at the familiar that, according to his master, had told her that I needed her help. It was my first time seeing a familiar and he was so beautiful and looked so strong. I extended my hand and shook hers. "You wouldn't believe how much I would appreciate your help. But are you sure its ok? I mean you won't have any SP reward because of your level. And I'm afraid I will slow you down." I started becoming more and more nervous. The fear of being wrong, of messing up. I needed to get a hold of myself. I looked around and saw that we had gained quite an audience. I looked left, right and quickly said: "Well anyway if you are interested then let's meet outside the gates." I ran outside the inn and headed towards the gates. What had I done? There's no way shell follow me now after pulling a stunt like that.  

Edited by Taka

I raise my eyebrow as i look at the people and the direction the person who asked for help said he'd be. I looked down towards my familiar who nods his head as i follow my familiar who is leading by scent. I can tell this person most likely is either very worried, very anxious to get started, or very shy. One of those being the only reason i can come up with for why they would run from people looking at them. I just have my familiar lead me the entire way towards the gate where i see the beginner who had ran here all by himself. Hey mister. Next time you ask for help i know you are excited and all to possibly start, but that is no need to run. It ruins the fun that can be had with walking together. Seeing the sights looking at the beauty of the world you know? I say with a kind and understanding smile. As if i have an idea on why you ran even though my words contradict me having any idea on why you ran away so quickly. Also i don't care for the SP rewards for the quest. I only care for helping about those who are weaker then me. That is what all players strive for. To grow stronger together to help each other survive. That is the principal rule of Sword Art Online. I tell you seriously. As kuro just nods his head actually paying attention for once which shocks me that Kuro isn't lazing about since we are on a lower floor.

I look at Hestia stunned. I had never heard anyone tell something like that out loud. Most players I knew only cared for themselves and teamed up only if they had some profit from it, but Hestia was different. "Sure, ok. I haven't really been used to people being so nice. Here in Town of Beginnings people mostly care only leveling up themselves and of nothing more. I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, but that's what I'm used to hearing from others. By the way nice to meet you names, Taka." I looked at her with a cheerful smile and warm laughter. With everything that had happened, it was hard for me to trust people so easily or trust myself for that matter. I had begun to change my view of things after the quest I had with Illia, but I still had a way to go. I'm really glad I found someone so honest and helpful. "Anyway, I think its time for us to go. Let's not keep Lyle waiting for those tusks."

oh okay the second lessons quest it is then. I say with a nod of my head glad to know what quest you are doing now as i walk alongside you. If you plan to do that third lesson quest i strongly suggest taking me, or somebody else that can tank hits for you Taka. I have heard those monsters are rather strong themselves you know. Dealing lots of damage in the third and fourth quests of the lessons. I give you a warning not wishing to see a promising player die because of being overly ambitious regarding a quest like i had almost fell to. So Taka what kind of build are you going for? Are you the one trying to deal all the damage? Are you the one supplying the status affects against opponents? Maybe the healer keeping the party alive, or are you the tank that is taking the hits? I ask you curiously as we walk along the path towards the meadows where the little boar pups will reside. I smile a bit sadly hearing that players seem to only care for themselves here. Knowing that is vastly different the higher you go up the floors.

I just walk alongside you as i let the wind blow against my skin and go through my hair. As i sigh softly and happily as i relax as the sun is on my skin. I can only feel like i am at peace with this moment since everything just sorta fits perfectly as i can enjoy the game and its beauty since i know the game will be beat at some point. Realizing now after having calmed my soul that i should enjoy what i can take from this game while relaxing.

"I haven't really taught about it. There hasn't been that much time to think about stuff like that- what bothered me before was to stay inside or go outside the town of beginnings. But when I think about it I guess some kind of a mix between damage dealer and supporter." It was weird. This quest with Hestia- it actually felt fun, without the menace that I had felt earlier while staying locked in the walls of the town. I felt something warm touching my leg, and when I looked down I saw my partners familiar clinging to my leg. "He's really friendly, isn't he? Come to think of it how can you get a familiar- when SAO was announced I wanted to have one." 

Suddenly I heard a branch cracking and some weird noises. When I looked at the direction from which I had heard the noise I noticed a boar pup about 10 meters from us and another a bit further on. Go time!

I see the boar pups as i don't feel any fear when seeing them. Only seeing small little animals in need of some discipline. I move forward deciding that watching a stronger player at work to help you with understanding on what to do for battle is a good idea. Okay watch me Taka. This is combat. I say calmly as i move towards the boar as their icon's turn from green to red as they run their legs along the ground and goes to attack me. I swing my sword around using my AOE attack to kill one however the other stuck close to the ground and avoided death. Now then Taka i want you to kill the boar pup and try to get the boar tusk that you need for lyle. I tell you calmly. Wanting you to attack the boar pup who is left by himself.

#90253  AOE Farrant vs Boar Pup #1 BD: 6  MD: 8(monster is dead)   Farrant: (-6 energy)   Farrant damage: 1(base) +2(rank in weapon) +2(enhancements)x3(sword art)=15

#90254  AOE Farrant vs Boar pup #2  BD: 2   MD: 4

Hestia: 340/340   28/33

Boar pup #1: 0/5 DEAD  LD: 8 (no item found)

Boar Pup #2 5/5

Taka: ?/?   Energy: ?/?

I draw my dagger and swirl it in my hand for no apparent reason. I ran up to the Boar Pup and swing the blade. As for my surprise, the boar quickly raises its head deflecting my dagger. Staggered I step back, noticing at the last second as the angry Boar Pub charges my way with its tusks directed at me. I quickly react and dodge the Pub by moving to the side. Disappointed I catch my breath lucky for dodging the boar, but only by a smile of fortune. I look at Hestia and mutter under my nose "Sorry, I knew I would mess up." 

I felt bad about myself. And after that dagger juggling- that made me look like a total idiot. However, the battle wasn't over and I could not possibly leave all the work to Hestia. After all shes the one that volunteered to help me without getting anything in return.

ID# 90257 BD:3 MD:4

Boar Pup #2 5/5

Taka: 60/60   Energy: 4/6

Edited by Taka

I chuckle a bit seeing you spin the dagger knowing that everyone has their own thing when going in for a attack. Some preferring style, and some going for just pure style in going in for the kill. This person Taka seemingly being about style rather then efficiency. As i see the dagger attack miss i nod my head knowing the feeling as i move forward towards the pup to go in and attack to finish the fight.As i reach the boar pup i swing my sword cutting the pup and shattering it into pieces. Once the boar pup is killed with i send you the boar tusk that i got from it.

BD: 7  LD: 18    Basic attack: 5

Boar Pup #2 0/5

I look at her with awe in my eyes. Her swordplay, for me, was astonishing and brilliant, and she was only level 17. At that moment I fully understood how much more I needed to learn. "Hestia, that was brilliant. Could you teach me to fight like that? I know Im nowhere close your skill or level, but I would really appreciate if you could teach me, at least just for this quest. I'll understand if you say no." When I finished saying it a warm breeze blew over the meadow, making the grass dance. I quickly look around thinking that an enemy might have caused it. But I don't see anything. And then I understood. I needed two more boar tusks and boars were nowhere to be found.Maybe some stronger party had come and beat all of them up, but the fact was there were no monsters in sight. "Do you know any other place where boar pups spawn? It looks like this field is empty."

I smile a bit finding the admiration to be a bit unwarranted since i know that i am nowhere near as good as some people. I gesture for you to follow me so i can show you where more boar pups spawn. Well Taka fighting isn't that bad once you know what you need to do. I begin with as i keep my eyes open for any boar pups that could come within sight. First off you need to figure out how you want to go into fights. Do you want to be reactionary and be dodging while striking the enemy as it passes you. Or would you want to be the one charging towards the enemy in question like you just were. I say giving the two styles that i have done and seen reactionary, or active.  Now then one more thing when it comes to fighting. That whole spinning the dagger thing is rather unnecessary or any real flashy thing such as that unless it is involved in a sword art. It takes a little time to do that little spin the dagger thing you did and takes your focus away from the enemy even if for a brief second. That second could be the factor between life or death. I tell you seriously as we continue to walk. My familiar Kuro just walking to my right and little behind me. The little lion cub seeming rather bored.

ID# 90371 BD:3 MD:4

I walk beside Hestia with my head absorbing all the information like a sponge. I already knew most of the things she was telling, but she had a way of showing them in a different light.  Suddenly I heard a small branch cracking as a boar pub spawned on top of it. "Ok, then let me try this. Should be OK!!!" I said drawing my dagger this time refraining from fancy blade-spin. I slowly walked a bit closer to the pub observing its movement. And then it charged. I could feel the slight wind from the sudden movement of my enemy, and I dodged leaping over it, trying to cut it with my blade. It scraped some fur down, but when I looked at its HP bar it didn't do any damage. It wasn't good, but this attack was better than my last. "Go in and kill it!!! Im counting on you Hestia!!!"

Edited by Taka

I smile as i watch the fight as i am reminded of my first fight against a boar pup. Having missed a few times myself against the enemy. As i watch you charge the pup and swing your blade i see the blade just barely scrape the pup not damaging it. I chuckle a bit as you tell me to go kill the thing. I then move forward rather quickly and slice the boar pup in half horizontally as it shatters once more into a million little crystals. I send you once more the boar tusk you need for the quest. Okay Taka i have killed two of them for you. Next time i won't help you. The fight will be entirely up to you. I won't interfere in anyway unless you start getting low in health. I tell you as i walk over towards you. This is your quest afterall and you do need to learn to become stronger also. I say as i put a hand onto your shoulder. Understand? I ask in a gentle tone not wanting to seem like i am ditching you, but instead trying to have you learn from a fight by yourself with no interference but having the safety net of a strong player nearby.

#90372  BD: 7  MD: 7(dead) LD: 13   Basic Attack: 5 DMG

Hestia:340/340   Energy: 34/34

Boar pup:0/5

"Shure. I have been feeling a bit awkward about all this being my quest and you doing all the work. Sorry. Next time it will be my victory." I say as I turn towards her rising my thumb like a certain ninja in an anime I used to like back in the real world. I meant what I said, but unfortunately, there weren't any more boars in the area, so we moved a bit to the west. As we walked a big lake came into my line of sight. It was beautiful, sparkling when the mid-day suns ray reflected from its surface. At that moment I asked a really stupid question: "Can you swim in here? I mean SAO." I looked at Hestia while thinking about how much my life had changed over the last few days. Finally going out of the Town of Beginnings, having major problems finding materials for a health potion with Illia and now, hopefully, beating my first monster with Hestia.

I chuckle as you do the thumbs up of Naruto from anime. I grin a bit knowing you have a sense of humor at least if you can do that. I follow you towards the west not really caring which direction since i haven't really explored this floor much in any way. Just went from quest location to quest location in it. As we walk i smile as i enjoy the beauty of this game from the shining sun to the wind. Once we make it to the lake area i smile at the beautiful sight as i sit by the edge and look up towards the sky. As i hear your question it causes me to giggle a bit as i nod my head. Yes you can swim in this Taka it is meant to reflect real life things as much as possible, and well if you couldn't swim then the fishing profession would become the most dangerous thing in existence. I say while chuckling.

ID# 90374 BD:2 MD:10

"Guess you are right. Hadn't thought that much about i... " Suddenly an "oink" cut me in a half a word. I sprung around to see a boar pup glaring at me with its red shining eyes. I quickly drew my blade with it stupidly reflecting sun rays that hit boars eyes. Enraged it started running down the meadow in my direction. With me having no time to react the boar's thick tusks made contact with my torso. A searing pain exploded in my body around my torso, although the pain quickly stopped it still was a major shock. It was the first time I had gotten hit, and let me tell you It hurts. It hurts, even more, realizing that you could die while in this kind of pain. It was really scary, but it all disappeared in the next 2 seconds. It was as if suddenly I lost all pain and was ready to fight again.

Taka: 57/60   Energy: 2/6

Edited by Taka

I wince a bit as the creature does a hyper crit against you as i know the pain of that rather well from having it happen to me quite a few times. I can see the pain on your face as i call out. Don't worry Taka! the pain you feel isn't real it is just your mind trying to replicate the sensation! You will be able to ignore it eventually! I call out towards you to help you out with that as i continue to watch having a hand on my blade ready to strike whenever it is needed if the boar manages to land to many hits against you. Knowing that you should be able to kill it with enough time given probability. However, it is important to be prepared just encase the worse happens. Knowing that to prepare for the worst means you will be safe from dying from being ignorant. The worse can happen and it is best to prepare for it as much as possible.

Taka: 55/60   Energy: 3/6

Boar Pup: 5/5

Edited by Hestia

ID# 90377 BD:1 MD:5

I look at Hestia as she gives me the much-needed advice, however, I fail to notice another attack coming my way from the boar pub. I didn't know was it my reflexes or just my luck, but I knew for sure this mistake hurt even more than the first one. I guess in time I will get used to it, but it will be hard, very hard. Inraged I started rapidly swinging my dagger without looking or thinking. The pain was so intense I couldn't think. When I regained my senses I looked around and saw that the boar was about a meter away from me. "I messed up again. I cant hit it not even once- planing or not. How can you get the blade to connect? Whats wrong with me." I shouted. With a corner of my eye, I could see Hestias worried and at the same time pitying face. This sight was enough to return my will to fight.

Taka 54/60  Energy 1/6

Boar pub: 5/5

Edited by Taka

First off Taka never look away from the fight no matter what. You never know when the next attack could come at you. You must trust all your sense as much as you can to figure out where the enemy is. You must block out any distractions that could interrupt the fight and trust in your allies to protect you. The blade isn't a weapon it's a part of you consider that to help consider where to move the blade to attack. You keep an eye on the enemy to help dodge its attacks. I tell you to help you out as i look towards my familiar with a grin. Kuro try to distract i want to test Taka. I order my familiar who nods his head and takes off into the air and lets out a random roar of varying deepness every now and then to see if you would look or not.

I calmly watch the happening sight with curiosity knowing that doing this could be cruel but this is necessary to test how well Taka can fight. I calmly watch and wait for his energy to regen so he can do what he wants. Since energy always regenerates naturally once per time the person gets ready to attack. I gaze towards the boar pup then back at Taka as i wonder why i find some curiosity in this. Maybe i find interest in the fact it is the interaction of someone inexperienced fighting a monster for the first time and knowing their life is in danger. I stop and shiver at this cold calculative personality that came out i can only imagine that is what Kayaba is doing right now to us to figure out what humans do in these situations.