[F1-PP] Continuing adventure with new friend <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

ID# 90417 BD:5 MD:9

I listen to her advice kept my eyes open and observed the boars movement. It charged once, I jumped and dodged its attack. The second time I wasn't so lucky and got hit, however, this opened an opportunity for a counterattack, and I took it. I twisted my blade so it was aligned perpendicularly to the boar's side and pushed it inside. The boar started struggling and oinking in pain or desperation, and at some point, it managed to shake me off him, but the damage was done- three to be exact. I jumped back preparing for a counter-attack from the boar pub. Hestias familiar continued floating around me, annoying the hell out of me, but I stayed calm.  "How do you think, would it be ok to use sword skill for next attack?" I said, still looking at the injured boar pub which was full of rage and anger towards me.

Taka 51/60  Energy 1/6

Boar pub: 3/5

Edited by Taka

You must decide when is the time to use a sword art or not Taka. We'll review afterwards how well you did during this. I call out towards you as i watch you fight the little boar pup calming watching to see what happens. Knowing that this is my test to you. Putting you into the fire with distractions, and having to fight an enemy at this point. Figuring doing so now would be better then later to learn how to deal with this since the enemies are weaker here. If you try to learn this lesson later it could be fatal and their doesn't need to be deaths in this game. The goal is survival and camaraderie among people. If their is any chance for winning it needs to happen this way or everything will fall apart with no chance of victory ever being within sight. I watch the fight as i switch back towards my normal gear now knowing that their is no threat at all towards your survival at this moment.

@Taka

Edited by Hestia

"Ok, this time I will finish it!"  I say as I move into position for sword skill activation. I twist my arm, putting my dagger behind my back. I can feel the system taking over me as my body becomes lighter and I slowly lose control over it. I see with the corner of my eye my dagger starting glowing and moving on its own. My boddy moves in a circular manner around the boar, but I start to resist the skill- It felt that It wouldn't hit the boar, but as I try resisting the skill my feets mingle and I trip over myself with my dagger sticking into the ground. "No, it cant be I messed up, as always. I can't figure out whether it's my luck or what." Suddenly I  hear the boar charging at me. I try to evade it, but it's too late. As I am half stood up the boar's tusks hit me and I'm on the ground again. At that moment I realized, that I really need a weapon with increased my accuracy. I quickly stand up, shaking the dust from my clothes and leave backward, to make some distance between myself and the boar pub.

Taka vs Boar pub (Round accel)  ID# 90585 BD:1 MD:5

Taka 48/60  Energy 0/6

Edited by Taka

I continue to watch with interest as my familiar continues trying to distract you by flashing in and out of your vision be it at a distance or somewhat close while roaring as loud as he can to get your attention away from the fight. I watch as you move around the enemy which is pretty good idea since it is practicing your maneuverability around enemies which is good for the future. It is just trying to make sure that momentum doesn't mess up your attack when you move into the attack is the only thing. I say you hesitate in striking the boar as i nod my head easily seeing the first thing to work on. Confidence. Taka always trust your attacks will land, but don't allow yourself to be disappointed when they don't. Just learn from what you can and try to trust in your abilities or you will never be able to hit the enemy. I call out towards you as i continue to watch with a smile knowing you can do this.

I listened to her advice and moved a bit more backward. The boar pub stayed in place, just as I was hoping it would. I stayed there and watched how Hestias familiar was trying to detract me. I picked up a little stone and threw it lightly not to harm the familiar, but make it make a scream. I wanted to apologize to Hestia for hurting her familiar, but I didn't have time to explain my strategy and say sorry. I charged towards the boar pub, whose attention was on the familiar and its guard was down. I rushed trying to make it before its attention refocused on me, but I failed. It switched around and scratched me enough to reduce my HP. But I didn't give up and stoke to its nape. Luckily it was enough as the boar disappeared into the air as hundreds of shining triangles scattered in the wind. 

Taka vs boar pub ID# 90600 BD:9 MD:10

Taka 45/60  Energy 0/6

Boar pub: 0/5

@Hestia

Edited by Taka

I watch with slight surprise as this Taka throws a stone at my familiar for whatever reason as Kuro doesn't expect it either. Not expecting that a lower player would try to hit a friendly familiar. It lets out a sort roar at the strike to its body as it changes and moves down towards you and then flies back towards me when i give him a look. He lands by me and has this annoyed look on his face as he is just glaring at you. Having not appreciated the stone thrown at his body from you. However, i did notice the intent behind the strike the enemy didn't expect such a move so it had its attention divided from the illogical and weird action that was taken. Which had allowed for a moment of attacking it which was traded for a hit. The only difference the boar didn't have the health you did so it shatters now their is only to see if you got lucky enough on your loot random chance to get the boar tusk. Well Taka that was certainly a surprise of a move that i didn't expect, but don't expect Kuro to take that lightly next time as you try to use him for bait with your attacks. I say in a slightly amused tone with a smile on my face as i nod my head. Showing that i was fine with the strategy on some level, but you can clearly see Kuro is fuming at the strategy instead.

@Taka

"Ogh.... Even though I won I still didn't get the materials I needed. My luck really is the worst." I cried out looking for another boar to beat up and get the materials. I saw one by the lake walking and not suspecting that after a while It will become a source of my materials. "Look, Hestia, there is my next target. I can take it...." I said while already running towards the blue lake-side where the boar stood. I run, trying not to make any noise, staying stealthy. I ready my hand which is holding the blade and relax the rest of body to evade possible strikes from the boar. As I made it to the boars back I quickly strike to its nape hitting its weak spot. Immediately I jump back as the boar tries hitting me by turning around. I saw, that my previous hit and dodge strategy worked like a charm.

Taka vs boar pub ID# 90675 BD:10 MD:2

Taka 45/60  Energy 0/6

Boar pub: 1/5

Edited by Taka

I nod with a smile seeing the attack land as i feel rather happy about that seemingly the plan of attack is working rather well for you in this situation. I just continue to calmly watch as you progress to continuing with it as i happily watch with my familiar just being at my side as watch. I can only hope you get the boar tusk that you are looking for so that you can become closer to completing the quest. I look up towards the sky and sigh softly as i wonder what i want to accomplish within this game as it seems all the higher up players have some sort of goal striving them to victory. i look down at that as i think on what actually makes me continue to fight everyday? I honestly don't know what the answer to that question will be as i continue to progress. i can only continue to do what i have been doing which is help lower leveled players, and trying to get stronger myself to then be able to help the front liners in clearing all these floors. To stand beside them as that is happening.

I ready myself to another attack. I flex my hand clutching the dagger ready for the final attack. I charge forward, slashing at the boar, but it evades my attack and strikes me in the chest with its side. I regroup quickly, noticing that the pain doesn't bother me as much as it did in the first battle. Without any more hesitation, I strike back at the boar hitting it between its eyes, shattering it into thousands of pieces between my eyes. However, my efforts were fruitless, as  I don't get the tusks, that I need. "Cmon, how comes, that I don't get anything, while you got two materials in the row? What is your secret?" I ask while looking at Hestia with a bit of envy, but also a chance to learn about some tips and tricks. "Is there maybe some item that gives you a higher chance of looting? Or is it just my bad luck..." I say feeling a bit bad about myself.

Taka vs boar pub ID# 90677 BD:7 MD:10 LD:4

Taka 42/60  Energy 0/6

Boar pub: 0/5

Edited by Taka

Their are items that do boost your looting chance but that item is currently being made by the tailor. So mine is just luck just watch. I say as i pick up a pebble and throws it at a incoming boar pup that causes it to chase me as i raise my sword and cuts it into one half as it shatters right away without any trouble at all. having used rage blow to do so. As the enemy just dies no loot dropping from its corpse. Just the luck of the draw Taka. Some times you get it. Some times you don't. That is why loot requirement quests can be the longest and most difficult ones ever. Since it is just a battle against RNG and your health bar versus their damage.

#90678  BD: 9 LD: 10  

I nod my head to show Hestia, that I understood, what she meant. "Ok, then I will give it a shot another time. I Imagine the forest medicine quest must be tough as nails... Have you finished it?" I ask while looking for another boar pub. As I notice one sizable specimen further in the distance. I, now more confident in my abilities, walk towards it, thinking what strategy could I use. When I am about 4 meters away from it I pick up a rock from the ground and threw it to the boar. I didn't have throwing skill, so it didn't deal any damage, but t served its purpose, as it distracted the boar. It started charging towards me and as it was onto me I jumped over it slashing through its back. But apparently, it wasn't enough to kill it. I needed at least one more critical hit to finish it off.

Taka vs boar pub ID# 90681 BD:6 MD:3

Taka 42/60  Energy 0/6

@Hestia

Edited by Taka

Yes i have completed the secret forest medicine quest. Luckily i had with me someone who had looting bonus items. From what i understand i will have said items also rather soon for myself. Which i am pretty excited for. It'll allow me to find materials easier for when i need to go get them for crafting up items at my shop. I say rather cheerfully as i watch you hit the boar as i move in also to try and help you finish off this rather small annoyance of a pest that would be better off dead and cut up into tiny little pieces. I quickly cut the boar pup up and sends you the boar tusk as i look at you. So how many more do we need taka? Or was that the last of the boar tusks that you needed so you can hand it over to blacksmith person. I ask you in curiosity.

#90686 BD: 6 LD: 17  +1 boar tusk.

"I think, that it was the last one, actually. So let's go back to the town? I still need to give these to the blacksmith, and I would prefer to do it before nightfall, so I could get some sleep. Last 2 days were really intense for me. So let's go if you don't mind."  I turned around and started hiking towards the town of beginnings. About an hour later we enter through the town gates and made our way towards Lyle`s house. I get a bit lost in the narrow streets of the town, that are filled with shop counters and people. It is almost dark when I give up and return to the main square hoping to find the house by looking for it from the start. "Hestia, where was Lye`s house? I can't remember anymore and if I tried to look for it by myself I would only get ourselves lost the second time."

I chuckle a bit at that as i pat your head and starts to lead you towards the blacksmith's house without any problems at all having memorized certain places and where they are just for this reason. To help out new players and any players where the location of a quest begins. After about a 10 minute walk i lead you towards the place where you can begin and gestures for you to enter the building as i wait outside since i hadn't accepted the quest so i have no reason to be in their really. This is your quest so you must talk to the NPC to finish up getting those reward for beating the quest.  I look towards my familiar who is just laying down on the ground relaxing and enjoying the time to relax as much as he can while you are going inside to deal with completing the quest. I smile a bit knowing from this you will grow stronger to help handle the future that is unknown. The challenges that await you. I can only hope you find a partner along the way to grow stronger with to try and survive this game and its challenges with. To face quests alongside with.

"Ok, we are here" I loudly declare, turning my head to see Hestia who was lost in thought. "So this is the house of the blacksmith. I have to only give the blacksmith the tusks and the quest is over." I knock and open the door, to find an old blacksmith standing in the doorway, welcoming us inside. As I walked inside he asked me if I have all 3 tusks gathered. When  I replied, that I have them and transferred the tusks to him he nodded his head and asked which reward I want. When I answered that I want a dagger with the extra damage he disappeared in the back room, only to later return with a dagger in his hand. Then he took a potion out of his pocket and gave it to me saying, that this "Safeguard" potion will come in handy. "OK! We finally did it! Thank you really much, Hestia."

You're welcome Taka. I say kindly with a smile and nod of my head as i extend my hand. I'm always up for doing the third lesson if need be taka. I am here to help after all. I say with a smile on my face. Now then i believe this is in order to make sure we can stay in contact. I say as i send a friend request as i look at you. The name is hestia future tank of the frontlines, Taka. I'm here to help and be the shield to help others rise to greatness. I say with a smile on my face. Send me a message and i'll be their as fast as i can be to help you out with any quest or any problem you could have. I am also open for messaging if you ever need to just talk or hang out. This world can be stressful and a handful at times Taka. However, just take in the moments you can to find the beauty in all of this and this game just becomes that much more tolerable. I say with a smile on my face.

Summary:

Taka:  dagger +1 damage, potion of safeguard(only used in third lesson. Can't be used elsewhere), 3 SP, 200 COL

Hestia: 1 SP, 200 COL