{PP-F4} Ice Fishing With a Guild Leader! (Pinball, Stryder)

Floor 4. Pinball, wearing nothing warm besides his Cloak, took a seat by the hidden river. Jesus, it's freezing out. I can deal with it, though. I need the money and experience.There was a thin coating of ice, but he could see fish swimming around in the river despite the frigid water. He had a bucket full of bait, and he wouldn't stop fishing until he was, as the boy put it, filthy rich. But of course, he wouldn't want to do it alone. Player Killings were on the rise, (or so he heard) and Pinball was in no way going to be killed while putting a worm on a hook. Opening his menu, he quickly scrolled down to the guild section, finding Stryder's name, and opened the message interface. There was no way anyone at his level, in their right mind, would try to fight the monsters he might fish up in the river by themselves. Plus, he wanted to get to know Stryder a bit more. The man seemed to be of good nature, and Pinball was interested in finding out just what type of person his Guild Leader truly was. That being said, he sent a message: 

Spoiler

To: @Stryder

Subject: Ice Fishing with the Boys~ 

Message: Hey! It's-a me, Pinball. So uh, I'm out fishing on Floor 4. I found this neat little river, but there's probably monsters swimming around 'n stuff. Also, there's always that Player Killer stuff goin' on. I know you've been trying to level up, and I'm sure a Guild Hall doesn't pay for itself. So, you down for some fishin' with ya boi? The co-ordinates should be embedded somewhere below. Hope to see ya soon!

whoosh sound let Pinball know the message was sent. Now, all he had to do was wait and enjoy the scenery. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sky groaned as he woke up, getting out of bed. He was sleeping in a lot recently... Ever since he had finished that halloween party, he had been up WAY to late... And now, he had lost his sleep routine. He would get it back, slowly, but surely get it back. He got out of bed, going over to his cuboard and putting on his clothes, before opening his inventory. He saw, as his HUD came up, he had a message... From Pinball! Sky opened it, reading it and seeing somethin that he hadn't expected... Pinball fishing? He was asking for help, to keep him alive.... Though if he was there, it was likely to get A LOT more dangerous..... He was a high level, and they would be attracted to him.... But he could make it work. He had some healing potions he could use to keep him alive, and an item that would work also. He shrugged, before sprinting out of his house towards the warp gate.

Hey Pin, i'l be there soon, iv got somethin for ya also that will help keep you safe

After he sent that, he made sure to watch where he was going, not wanting to repeat the issue where he smashed himself in the face while running....

Pinball walked back in forth in a short line, swinging his dagger around with a stiff hand. Stryder said he was going to be here soon, and so Pinball was waiting. Waiting. Waiting. "This is so god damn boring." He kicked the snow, threw his dagger at a tree, where it flopped onto the ground after impact. He pulled out his fishing rod, and started using it as a type of sword, hitting trees with it. Then, suddenly remembering his plan, he started using the fishing rod as if it were a rapier. His clumsy and off balanced attempts to jab with the fishing rod only drove home the urgency of the situation he found himself in. He needed to level up, he needed to refund his Dagger Skill. Suddenly moody, Pinball shuffled over to the base of the tree, and retrieved his dagger, returning it to the scabbard on his belt. 

It wasn't long before he saw a person in the distance. "Stryder...?" He waited a second, and then called out to him. "Hey! Over here!

Edited by Pinball
  • 2 weeks later...

Sky was looking around, wondering where he could find Pinball. After a bit, he heard him calling him over, looking around and seeing him, holding..... a fishing rod? He was a little stunned. He had heard about the Fishing skill, but this was the first time he had seen it. Or maybe he was just holding a fishing rod... He had no idea, either way though, he had heard of its dangers. If they were going to be fishing... He had to give Pinball something first, to at least help him survive.

Sky ran over, smiling as he looked at Pin. He looked around, before opening his inventory and sending him two items.

"Hey Pin! How ya doin? By the way, please put these on... I don't know how dangerous it will be with me around due to my level, and i would rather you not die" He says to Pin, sticking his tongue out before putting a fist out for a high five.

- Given Starlight Shield - +3EVA

- Given Gentleman's Suit - +2 MIT

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh," Pinball exclaimed, accepting the items and equipping both of them. "Pretty snazzy armor, eh? I feel safer just wearing it." Pinball returned Stryder's high-five, and turned back to the ice covered stream beside the two. "Might as well get right into it, yeah?" Pinball stepped over to the stream, and kicked a hole through a part of the water covered by ice. He then retrieved his fishing rod, and cast the line. Almost instantly, he got a bite, and reeled it in. "Right off the bat, that's three materials," he told Stryder with a laugh. "I'm feeling good about this." Pinball then thought back to the gathering he had done with Hei, and how the monsters they found on the First Floor weren't eligible for loot. "Hey, I have an idea. How about, in a bit, we go and fish on a higher floor? Where the monsters are strong enough to the point where you can loot them if need be. It's worth the risk, In my opinion... Unless, you're strong to the point where we would be forced to gather Tier Two Materials instead of Tier One." He pocketed the T1 Mats, and gave a little twirl in the borrowed armor. "God, this equipment is pretty rad.

-1 MIT, +2 MIT | -3 LD, + 3 EVA 

((Unequipped <<Plain Leather Armor>>, equipped <<Gentleman's Suit>> | Unequipped <<Cloak of the Harbingers>>, equipped <<Starlight Shield>> ))

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 91719

CD: 9 (Success!) 

3 T1 Materials Fished up! 

Total T1 Mats Gathered: 3 

Edited by Pinball
  • 4 weeks later...

Sky grinned as he walked over to the stream, sitting down and watched as Pin cast his line. It was pretty amazing how instantly, he got a bite. Hell, three materials in like... Two seconds!!! That had to be some of the fastest he had ever seen them gathered. He was pretty suprised, but he knew it was a skill he would never need, ever. He had stopped crafting a long time ago,, instead choosing to focus on fighting and getting stronger. He didn't need all these fancy things, he just needed his fists and gear. 

"I mean, im strong enough for that. But your not nearly strong enough for it. I don't want you going somewhere you might just die at" He says, kind of bluntly, before laughing a little. "We will be fine here" He said, laughing a little more. He was glad to be hanging out with Pin, he neded to crack him open, find out why he was so shy.

Pinball laughed, too. "The wonders of fishing, I guess." With a chuckle he double checked the materials in his inventory. Three, Tier One Materials, in his first cast. "I'm feeling good about this fishing thing." 

He understood the gap in his and Stryder's level, and he realized there was no point in arguing. It was the truth, and Pinball prided himself in being able to accept the unpleasant. He cast another line, and immediatly, his heart sank. There was no ripple as the line hit the water, no blue shine, just silence. Then, the line was pulled. The rod bent under the force of it; yet Pinball was unable to let the pole go. The system wouldn't let him. The die had been cast, and now he was paying the price for it. 

A giant, finned hand shot out of the water. A humanoid shark monster pulled itself from the frigid water, wielding a wicked blade made of pure ice. The huge monster let out a terrible roar, and the monster's health bars appeared. <<Shark King>>. Pinball didn't have any time to react. One second he was watching the monster raise its sword, the next he was laying in the snow, with a long, red slash across his chest. "Oh," he managed to say, sitting up and shaking himself awake. Pinball growled, and launched himself forward. He wasn't going to be able to kill this thing by himself, but the least he could do was make it a bit easier on Stryder. His green blade glowed a hot white as he activated his Sword Art. He leaped forward, and left a tiny nick on the side of the monster's arm. But, it would seem that the small slash was enough. The <<Shark King>> fell to its knees, its sword of ice buried in the snow. 

A small icon by its health bar indicated that the monster was stunned; but it wouldn't be that way for long. Pinball, behind the monster now, standing by the river bank, shouted to Stryder, "Hurry! Kill it!" He had done all he could. The rest was up to Stryder. 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 92924

CD: 1 (Fail) 

Boss Monster appears! 

Player Stats n' Stuff: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 11 | HP: 220 | EN: 22 | MIT: 18 | DMG: 3

Equipped: 

• Gentleman's Suit: 18 MIT {2 Slots} 
  • Starlight Shield: +3 EVA {3 Slots}
  • Emerald Shiv: +1 DMG, +1 ACC {2 Slots} 

Skills: 

• Dagger Skill ~ Rank 1
  • Fishing 

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• {5} Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality ~ +40 HP

Combat: 

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 92925

BD: 10 (Critical Hit!) +2 Dmg  MD: 9 (Critical Hit!) +1 Dmg

Shark King attacks Pinball for ... 66+1 - 18 = 49 DMG! 

Pinball uses <<Side Bite>> on Shark King ... 3+2= 5*2= 10 - 11 = 1 DMG Stun!

- 5 EN

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

{Stunned} Shark King: HP 219 / 220 / 66 DMG / 11 MIT 

- Players -

{H:0} Pinball: HP 171/220 / EN 17/22 / 3 DMG / 18 MIT / EVA

{H:0} Stryder: ???????

Edited by Pinball

Sky was about to sit down when he noticed that Pin was having trouble... He had no idea why, he seemed to just not have the strength? As he walked over to help, suddenly a huge bloody human shark thingy jumped out of the water, with a massvie sword made of pure ice! It Roared, and slashed at Pin, smacking him onto the ground. He watched as his HP drained a bit! Sky's eyes flared, and if Pin saw him he might not even recognise him. His gloves started to glow blue, and he watched as Pin hit it with a sword art, stunning it. Sky was in a pure rage right now, this little turd just hit his guildmate, and now it was going to pay. Sky moved like a blur, his eyes shinging with killing intent as he went up and punched it so hard that it nearly died in one hit, flying back into the river, stunned still from Pinballs attack. He cracked his neck, ready to kill it.

ID# 93096 results:

Battle: 7+3=10(Non Nat) - All Might = 15x15 = 225. 225-11=214 DMG to shark king.

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

{Stunned} Shark King: HP 4 / 220 / 66 DMG / 11 MIT 

- Players -

{H:0} Pinball: HP 171/220 / EN 17/22 / 3 DMG / 18 MIT / EVA

{H:0} Stryder: 540/540 HP / 37/54 EN / 15 DMG / 54 Mit / 3 ACC

Stryder, with a killer's intent, knocked the Shark King so far back, it fell into the river. "Woah," Pinball gasped, stealing a glance at Stryder. He had watched the Shark King's health bars plummet as it was launched into the river, and Pinball was certain it was dead. Pinball leaned forward, trying to look for the Shark King in the water. Just as Pinball realized no screen had notified them of the King's death, a pale blade shot out of the water, aimed at Pinball's head. Pinball, however, managed to lean backwards just enough, so that the Shark King's icy blade missed his head by a few inches. As the Shark King pulled itself out of the water, Pinball scrambled from the river bank, stomping through the snow back to Stryder's side. He laughed, looking at the tiny sliver of red left in the monster's health bar. "Try not to breath too hard; you might kill him."

Combat:

Spoiler

COMBAT~

ID# 93122

BD: 2 + 1 = 3 (Miss!) MD: 7 - 3 = 4 (Miss!)

Shark King misses!

Pinball misses!

- 2 EN 

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

Shark King: HP 4 / 220 / 66 DMG / 11 MIT 

- Players -

{H:1} Pinball: HP 171/220 / EN 15/22 / 3 DMG / 18 MIT / EVA

{H:1} Stryder: 540/540 HP / 37/54 EN / 15 DMG / 54 MIT / 3 ACC

@Stryder

Edited by Pinball
Spoiler

ID# 93471 results:

Battle: 5+3 - Hit

Agressive twins - 2x15-30. 30-11 - 19 DMG to shark king.

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

Shark King: HP 0 / 220 / 66 DMG / 11 MIT 

No extra loot, col still drops + 2 Mats. 220 Col Gained, 2 Mats - Sent to Pinball

- Players -

{H:1} Pinball: HP 171/220 / EN 15/22 / 3 DMG / 18 MIT / EVA

{H:1} Stryder: 540/540 HP / 37/54 EN / 15 DMG / 54 MIT / 3 ACC

Sky showed no mercy to the fiend, quickly striking it with his Agressive Twins sword arts, dashing in and delivering speedy left and right jabs of red and blue, and within a few seconds the shark king exploded into shards. Due to being a little to weak, it didn't seem to drop much.... But they got a little col and some mats, which he immediately sent to Pinball.

"You gotta be a little more careful... That thing is dangerous! I don't want you fishing on your own if you can't handle one of them"  He says to Pin before sitting back down at the lake side, putting his feet into the ice cold water. It wasn't to bad, he was used to this kind of area, he spent like half his time here amonst meeting with Eato's or helping others.... It wasn't as bad as hmost people would expect, though he would need to pull his feet out in a little.

@Pinball