[F12-PP] The Lake and The Forest (Eatos, Thorsten)

Silver shook his head once again. “If you were go be as you put it ‘as useless as when I first met you’ now then I would have failed my task.” Silver sighed and looked Katherine dead in the eyes, his own eyes filled with determination, he then gave her a firm embrace and whispered in her ear, “I gave up everything to be with you Katherine. I told my father that I wished to take a break from the family business so that I could further develop my abilities as an advisor. He continued on with his work leaving me in that town. I told myself that I would see to it that you would become so much greater than you could ever know you were. In a way, you saved me just as much as I saved you. You allowed me to see something about life that my family could never show me. What it meant to live for someone else. What it meant to have someone I was truly scared of loosing. You aren’t a failure, you aren’t a burden, you are the strongest person I have yet to meet and I am willing to bet you will prove to be the stronger person I am to ever meet. Atzo is not outside the realm of redemption, no one is. If you want to change his ways that badly then by all means, do it. I have taught you how to manipulate people into seeing things hour way, haven’t I? All you have to do is show them that there is a way out. You cannot save him, Katherine, he must first want to save himself. Then will you be able to redeem him.”

@Eatos

The blue-haired girl didn't easily co-operate with Silver, at first simply refusing to look him in the eyes. His embraced forced her to listen, she didn't have an option as she continued to fly down the spiral of hatred within her. But, she found herself stunted by shock. Silver had given up everything, for her? For a girl he barely knew at the time, he gave up his family, a life, because he saw a girl crying on a bench. Because he cared enough...

She found herself at a loose for words, unsure what to say. She was selfish and greedy and useless, yet...Silver had given up so much, for her. And never, not once, had she asked him about it. She'd used him for her needs, and never put any thoughts upon him.

"You're right, i'm not the same girl. If i was, i wouldn't be here in this game....I'd be back on the first floor, hiding in a building terrified for my life still. I'd panic every time i see a knife , and never trust anyone again. You....saved me, all at your own expense..."

Silver smiled, releasing his grip. “Yes, I did. I saw potential in you, there were things about you that caught my eye about you that knew would trouble me for the rest of my life should I have left you. So, I stayed, I stayed and cared for you. Assisting you in any way I could so that you could discover your potential yourself. Whilst I did all this, I must say it was all worth it. You see, by staying with you I got something in return that I would never have gotten if I left.” Silver once again looks Katherine directly in the eyes. “I got a friend. I got to have someone that I could rely on for more a reason than ‘because they are family’. I got to have someone I could care for, someone I could live for. By making the choice of staying behind, I made the choice to no longer be alone. So, Thank you Katherine. Thank you for giving me that choice.” A tear fell down Silvers face as he spoke. “If it hadn’t been for you, I would still be moving from city to city. Learning everything I could about everything there was to learn, put through training after training of how to protect and how to kill. I would still be a name on a list of assassins. No more to anyone than a tool to the ends, no more than someone to call should someone need to be eliminated. Thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to be your friend.”

@Eatos

She was, nothing short, of stunned. He had changed his entire life, for her. It was something she had never considered, she never even thought about it. Never once had she asked herself where he came from, why he picked her. He just, arrived, one day, and brought her back up from the darkest pits within her life. He had done so much, and yet, she had helped him. She hadn't realized it, and maybe, in a way, she never would. It was far beyond her, such things. She was unsure what to say, what words to use. She opted to abandon words, and hugged him tightly. So tight he would never leave again, that she would never be left alone. It was after many moments of silence she found what she was looking for, and started laughing.

"It's funny. Trapped in this game, all this comes to light. I never thought about it before, and now, i feel guilty about it. But, well, i'm just glad that you found me. I don't want to think what would have happened to me, should i be left alone..."

Katherine tightly hugged him, tighter than she ever had before. He had no more to say. His mind, however, was racing without show of it quitting. He realized the true danger he had put her in. He knew that every decision was one of multiple. With every choice came multiple outcomes, all of which happened , all of which could change the validity of right and wrong for that decision. Her embrace was warm, comforting. He tried to accept the comfort, and outwardly he did. But he did not smile when she did pull away. He did not share in her laughter. In his mind were flashes of both dreams and reality. Images of family members who had some held close to them who were offer by enemies for being to close. Images of the family offing similar people for being told too much. But worst of all, the order to be taught a lesson by killing that person themselves. 
“If you tell someone about the family wuthout reason of clear family benifit and they do not join the family, cooperate with the family, or die by their own means; they will be taken care of by the one who broke the code.” Silver recalled his grandfather telling him. At the time it seemed reasonable, as if it were to be the right thing to do. It hadn’t even crossed his mind until this moment. The threat now looked overhead. The fear of someone finding how much he had told her. The fear of the family ears reaching to him even whilst he breaking from the business. 
Silver stayed silent for some time before he found the courage to speak. “It’s best not to dwell on what could have been. Do not feel guilty, my family has a way of entring  situations, unknown to those involved, and be accepted into the situation that moment without questions of others." he said in a semi monotone, empty voice while staring blankly at the wall
@Eatos

He was right, worrying about what could have been, is pointless. It would be a world of infinite possibilities, but more importantly, is a world that could never be. She should put effort into this world, into the people around her now. Not the people that may been around, but those who are. Like, Silver, who was with her once again. "I won't lie, and say i understand you all the time Silver. Parts of your family, are horrible. Like with Alex, the things he endured. He was, broken in his own way. I wont' say i understand the family that did this, but, i'm just thankful you're still around with me"

Part of her mind screamed selfish, but unlike before, she didn't care about that of her. She knew, deep down, she'd always feel some guilt for Silver. For removing him of his life just for her, but at the end of it all, that's how the world worked. Meetings so unexpected, it will change a life forever. That, was the world she lived in. 

• 4 weeks later...

Silver smiled at her, at the notion she placed before him. The little bud he had met so long ago had begun to blossom into a magnificent flower. He only now had to wait to determine the colour. “I never claimed my family was good. I never claimed we were good people. In fact, I would hazard to say we are bad. Mostly, I refer to my family as Fantastic, though I never say it with the meaning of wonderful or great. I say it with the meaning of the biblical meaning, horrifying. Do you know how many people I have seen fall to my family? More than I would like to mention. The shear number of deeds that the bloodline does to keep its place as one of the most feared organizations is fantastic in its own right.” He paused as he processed the rest of her statement. He smiled softer at her, looking her in the eyes. “I will always be with you, Kathrine. I made you a promise, I gave you my word. I refuse to go back on it. And just as I have left a mark on you, know that you have left a mark on me as well.”

@Eatos

• 8 months later...