[PP-F6] A Mirror into the Shadow (Gemini)

Spoiler

Hidden

Level 29
HP
54 Energy
3 Accuracy
1 Evasion
15 Base Damage
41 Mitigation
1 Bleed
1 Paralyctic Venom
1 Phase
+1 LD
12 Hide Rating

Buffs

+3 DMG Potion

Gear

<<Shadow's Infection>> // +1 Phase, +1 Paralyctic Venom, +1 Bleed
<<Shadow of Dusk>> // +36 Mit, +1 EVA
<<Shadow's Light>> // +3 ACC
              <<Umbra>> // +6 DMG

Unequipped
<<Shadow's Eye>> // +3 LD

Skills

One Handed Dagger | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Search and Detect | Rank 1: +1 LD
                      Sneak and Hide | Rank 1: +2 Stealth Rating 
                                                Light Armor | Rank 1: +5 MIT                                        
    E Familiar - DMG | Rank 3 +6 DMG
                                                             E Survival | No Ranks: Immunity to Environmental Effects

Skill Mods

At long last, it was that day. The day for her to take on the gemini, and gain a skill she needed. She stepped forward, raising tensions as her hooded form walked through the city. She got looks from many women, some clutching knives as she passed. She found it. Another cloaked figure stood in front of her. She stopped, staring ahead at the figure. The figure spoke, sounding in a raspy woman's voice. She asked to test her skills, and that if she won, she would teach her a skill. She began to head outside of the town, out of the public eye. Hidden quietly followed and they stopped, twenty feet apart. A few seconds passed of silence.  Hidden nodded, she watched as the woman's cloak became darker, her form thinner and more agile. Her stance became even more precautionary than before. "Well, now isn't this going to be fun? I have been waiting on you for quite some time, I have been biding until my strength grew" She consumed a damage potion and the gemini cackled. Hidden frowned and prepared to begin the fight. Her days were filled with so much work. 

Spoiler

• <<The Gemini>>
    Recommended Level: Any
    Non-Repeatable | Solo

Rewards:

• 3 Additional SP
  • 600 Col
  • Extra Skill: <<Concentration>> if The Gemini is spared.
  • Extra Skill: <<Disguise>> if The Gemini is killed.

►Concentration
Active: Free action
Cooldown: 5 Rounds
Effect: Gain +1 to the BD result for a single action. Can be applied after the roll. Can only be used against monsters.
Description: Steady yourself in the midst of combat to gain a brief increase in accuracy.

►Disguise
Active: Free action
Cooldown: 5 Rounds
Effect: Gain +1 to the BD result for a single action. Can be applied after the roll. Can only be used against players/NPCs.
Description: Take on the appearance of your opponent for a single turn and gain a brief increase in accuracy.

Objectives:

• Defeat <<The Gemini>>

Summary:

Hooded_Man_Standard.png

"You look pretty strong." A hooded figure approaches you and offers a simple challenge.

"I'm looking to test my skills. If you beat me, I'll teach you a hidden skill. What do you say?"

You travel to a suitable location outside of the city's safe zone in silence. When the hooded figure turns to face you, they reveal themselves. They have copied your appearance--everything from your facial features to equipment is completely identical. This challenge suddenly became a lot more sinister...

Outline:
Players must meet <<The Gemini>> and accept their challenge. <<The Gemini>>'s stats are determined at the start of combat.

<<The Gemini>>'s Stats:

• HP: 290 
  • DMG: 145 
  • MIT: 50
  • ACC: 3
  • EVA: 1
  • Critical Hits: DMG(9)=+29 DMG(10)=58
  • <<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.
    • 1: Gain Paralyze: Removes player action for one turn on natural MD rolls of 9-10.
    • 2: Gain Bleed: Deals (12 * Player's Tier) unmitigatable damage every turn for two rounds on natural MD rolls of 9-10.
    • 3: Increases DMG by (Player's Level)
    • 4: Increases MIT by (Player's Level)
    • 5+: Increases HP by (Player's Level x 5) for each additional temporary buff on the player.

Once combat begins, there is no running away from the battle. <<The Gemini>> will attack first, before the player, meaning the Charge skill cannot be used against it. <<The Gemini>> does not have any items, skills, or equipment besides the appearance of the gear the player is wearing when combat begins.

Players can choose to end the fight in one of two ways, which alters the skill they receive from completing the quest:

• On the killing blow, <<The Gemini>> is destroyed. Player gains the <<Disguise>> skill.
  • On the killing blow, <<The Gemini>> is instead reduced to one health and is spared. Player gains the <<Concentration>> skill.

If <<The Gemini>> would deal the killing blow to a player, they are instead reduced to one health. <<The Gemini>> will end the combat and the player will have failed the quest (no quest rewards are earned). If they wish to try <<The Gemini>>'s challenge again, they must attempt the quest again in a new thread.

Edited by Hidden

Hidden smiled as silence overtook the area. No birds chirped, the wind was still. With a final breath, Hidden darted forward. She was met with an equal speed to hers, surprising her a bit. It had been a while since she had faced something else moving this fast. The frontliners were accustomed to her speed as that was what reaction time required up there. She herself would keep getting faster as well, but her skill and level had to improve. She swung around her dagger, but was faced against opposition. Angered, she struck wildly at high speeds. They broke apart again and she darted forward, dagger letting out a great deal of energy. Would she get the hit in?

She switched angles upon nearing her target, making a good clean uppercut. The other Hidden was thrown back, many gashes found along its body. She leapt a few feet back, getting far enough away from her enemy. She had brought down her enemy in health to almost half, now requiring 1-2 more hits to finish her off. Hidden smirked. Her work here was almost done and she would be able to go and find a dungeon to train in or something. 

<<ID:90364 
BD:5+3-1=7 = 15*13=145 DMG
MD:1+3 -1

Hidden 580/580 <> 46/58

Gemini 145/290

Edited by Hidden

The Gemini was in the purple range, and Hidden smiled. "Do your really think it was the best idea to take me on, one versus one? I take my style and perfect it every single day, while you have to go through strands and codes to find out my exact movements. You are weak and slow. Almost an utter waste of my time!" She sighed and darted forward. Her dagger met met the other, a small clang of the metal. It wasn't often two dagger wielders moved against eachother. She flipped backwards, landing in a crouched position. The gemini stopped action, walking slowly towards her. Taking a few huffs of breath before returning to the fight, Hidden scanned the movements of the gemini. Did she really stalk forward like that? She darted forward, her dagger glowing a magnificent dark hue of orange. She spun, becoming a whirlwind, her blade seeming to be at all angles of her. She was like a spinner top, using her foot as the touching point. Her dagger became enveloped in a dark light, her shadows became what her tornado was. She became a fierce, unrelenting force. Her dagger shredded through the gemini, knocking it to the ground. Its health bar hit zero and faded, but the gemini still sat there, returning to her true self. A raspy voice approached her ears saying, "Spare me, I meant you no harm.... Truly"

ID:90404
BD:9+3 (16*13=208-25=183 DMG)
MD:7-1+3

Hidden 580/580 <> 34/58

Gemini 0/290

Edited by Hidden

Hidden giggled. "Do you truly believe that asking me to spare you, is going to save you? You are a pathetic worm! Challenging me is a huge mistake, and you will be the first to know. Soon, everyone will know that I, Shadow Walker, am a force to be reckoned with. I don't play around" Hidden twirled the dagger in her hand and thrust it straight into the heart of the gemiini. Her scream was cut short as she pixelated. She sheathed her dagger within her sleeve. She could go and train a bit now. She sent a message to Nicholas that she was finished, and he could accompany her now if he so pleased. She closed the messenger and moved forward. She had a buff on, she might as well use it to its full potential. The problem was, that she did not want to wait for her energy to rearrise. She removed the Gatherer skill in exchange for Light armor, and was nearing rank 2. Light armor involved quite a few mods that she needed before she would be making it into the top tiers. Athletics would boost her damage and health, Sprint would increase her speed, allowing her to dodge more unwanted enemy attacks. 

<<Disguise Received>>

Hidden was unphased by her previous action. Killing the gemini was not going to haunt her at all. She turned, watching as Nicholas exited the shadows from in front of her. "Glad you could join me, I finished the Gemini quest without any problems. In fact, I am unscathed. "The fight was far too easy in fact" she said matter of factly, The dark haired boy chuckled and said, "Well, you are quite strong in the damage field. In fact, you should begin to work on other things. Light Armor should be on your list now" Hidden nodded, replying solemnly, "I am working on that now. Perhaps you should worry more about yourself and getting your level and damage up" The man chuckled hesitantly. He said no more words though. "So, I say we should move on. Any idea of what to do with Poison Arrow next?" The man was silent for a second. "Well.... Perfect timing. We are being watched as we speak, not sure if they are even from the Poison Arrow" "She nodded, activating her Search skill and make a quick loop around. In the trees, a figure was moving. The leapt to the ground and began their escape. "Convenient" she muttered before giving chase after the figure. 

Hidden darted forward, flying through the trees with excellent speed. "Let's go, he can't get away this time" Nicholas nodded and she sped ahead. Being faster than most, she began to gain ground on the figure, and also begin to climb away from Nicholas. The figure ahead had a straight sword, easily seen from her position behind him. She looped through a tree and noticing him now moving with a sharp turn to the left. She darted in after him, noting that he speed as decreasing. She slowed finally when the man ducked and was lost from her sight. She came to a walk and stepped forward. Noting a hole in the ground, obviously originally dug by some large mod, but it appeared to be the place where the man decided to go into. She turned behind her to find that they had lost Nicholas. Rolling her eyes, he refocused upon the hole. With a deep breath, she silently decided that Nicholas would prove useless in an actual fight and she had better go in alone for his safety alone. 

She ducked into the hole, finding herself to be sliding several feet down the dirt slope. 

As she hit bottom, it was dimmer than outside. Instead, she seen light ahead and activated her sneak skill to ensure she wouldn't alert any guards or anything. Silently creeping towards the light, she kept a sure hand on her dagger. She crept into the lighted room and found no one. Standing straight again, a sharp pain exploding in her side. She found herself, dazed and against the wall. Laughing was heard, but seemed distant. Her eyes moved, tracing a leg to a man's face. The man had dark auburn hair with blazing blue eyes. His mouth was contorted into a smirk. He was handsome, but not in a way that Hidden would have preferred. He reached up and grabbed her by the collar, pulling the lighter woman up to her knees. He used his other hand to pull back her hood, revealing her face. The man laughed and said joyously, "Heh, Fell right for that, Shadow Walker. Surprised you lasted this long without being caught. You seem pretty gullible" She let out a grunt and he pushed her back to the ground. "Alright, she's yours, Deserta!" A warrior with dark clad armor and long brown hair entered the room. A long thin scar moved across his face, making him seem darker. 

"Shadow Walker, good to see you here in my presence"   

Edited by Hidden

The man walked around the room, pacing back and forth. For a second, she thought of trying to overpower the man, but she had taken quite a hit from the Martial Arts guy's guy. That uy was also still looming near the back. "Do you know exactly why I brought you here?" Hidden glanced nervously around before shaking her head silently. "I just need you to tell me one thing. All I need to know, is where the Demon King is hiding right now" Thoughts went wild in her head. Why would this player be looking for Aereth?What business did Poison Arrow have to do with him? She spoke softly. "I... Don't know where he is. I really haven't seen him for a while" The man's face turned from a warm to a nasty mood. He pulled out a sword and pointed it straight at her throat. "I am going to ask again" He said. "Where is he!" He swung his blade, sending sparks from the wall next to her. "Its a rather straightforward question, and my response will be rather straightforward" She truly had no idea where Aereth was at, but this man wasn't going to believe her. "What business do you have wi-" A shout was heard and a blur of a red-bladed sword was being struck at the man in front of her. 

• 3 weeks later...

Deserta barely had anytime to react, his sword barely intercepting the red bladed one coming at his face. Deserta flew back into the wall from the force with a thud and a grunt. She looked at her savior and immediately recognized his pale, troubled face. It was Blackshade. Nicholas had found her, and now they had to escape. She sat up one one knee, the pain absorbers of the game already allowing her to feel better. She clutched her dagger that had skidded a few feet away from her upon the impact of the ground. "Who's stupid enough to dare interrupt me, much less attack me whe-" The man caught sight of Nicholas and began to laugh, before moving the dark brown hair out of his eyes. "Blackshade the New Moon, man its been quite some time. But never fear, I have many people that want you dead. Now that I have found you, I will have to detain you until one of them arrives. And don't think I will be contacting Eternal Night. They lost their chance with you, now its time fo-" Quick as silver, Nicholas moved forward, forcefully slamming his sword into the other man's blade. Deserta parried and pushed back Nicholas with a fist. "Damn it, you have become stronger. MEN!" 

Three warriors came form the back room, obviously taken off guard as their looks were groggy. "They want us alive I believe. That leaves us the upperhand" Nicholas nodded, and charged right at Deserta. She face the three players, who were obviously of much lower level than Deserta. One came at her with a slow axe, allowing her to sidestep and thrust her dagger into his chest. The other two quickly advanced, a little more wary then their now downed friend. The man had taken her Paralytic Venom. Nicholas was fighting hard with Deserta in the corner, many exchanged blows at once. She blocked a blow from a sword, ducking low to kick out the man's feet before striking at the last with the rapier fiercely. She dodged a few thrusts from the woman's rapier, but was forced to retreat from the second man getting back up. She rolled to the side, coming up with her Eternal Cyclone attack to strike the man several times and send him back out of the fight with health in yellow. Tingles exploded in her shoulder as the rapir met its mark, drawing out the red shards that lived within hr body. She grimaced, watching her health drop a considerate amount. Rapier's were strong at singe target. The  other woman smiled, readying to strike again. 

Anger driving her, she her dagger gleamed a brilliant orange before she lashed forward, striking the woman's chest multiple times. Despite being knocked to yellow, She came back at Hidden, forcing her to dodge several thrusts. Her blade became enveloped in shadow, her weapon black as the night. "UMBRA!" she shouted, catching the girl with the rapier offguard. Returning from hiding, her familiar leapt forward at the enemy player, putting her off balance. She darted forward, stabbing the woman in the middle of the chest. The enemy began to fly back from the outburst of energy. The woman now laid paralyzed on the ground, bleed taking its toll and beginning to wound her further, bringing her into the red zone. She looked forward towards Blackshade and Deserta, and the both seemed evenly matched. Hidden darted forward, giving Nicholas enough distraction to hit Deserta hard enough to give them a lead to run. "Lets go, we have to get out of here now!" Nicholas nodded and they began to hightail it out, throwing themselves up a ladder which led to the upperground. As they now both stood on the grass, they began to hightail it towards the town. "You have much explaining to do" she told Nicholas. 

Nicholas nodded as they strode forward into the woods. She turned back as rustles were heard behind her, her body only being carried by the system for a few steps longer before she stopped. Deserta stood there, breathing heavy, but now accompanied by two other players. Blackshade's face grew even paler before he fished a black crystal out of his pocket and threw it hard at the ground. The black crystal shattered, sending a cloud of black smoke. That was all she was able to be seeing before her view took on a entirely different place. Her shop. The room was dark, and the black candles allowed her to see around. "Are you insane, this is the first place they will look" Nicholas nodded and then replied, "But it is going to take a second for them to get here. At least here, we can speak for a bit, gather ourselves, and then make ourselves on the run again" He shoved her into her old room that was being currently occupied by himself. Nicholas usually ran the shop now, her only coming when he called or needed to appraise something. "Yes... Speaking. You have a lot of it to do. Why do those guys know you first of all" The dark haired boy looked to the door a second before turning to her. 

Nicholas turned to face her, his dark blue eyes boring into her purple ones. He then began to spoke, sounding remorse as he did so"I was once in a guild called <<The Eternal Night>>. We were a guild branch from a group of them equaling five in total. Each having their own duty, specialty, and way of doing things" He shuffled uneasily, and Hidden began to put some pieces of the puzzle. "Well, we came to find out one of our branches, the XXX was destroyed by a group of players. We began to become more cautious than ever. Every assignment had a pretest, where they would determine the strength from targets before the other groups were sent to take on the mission. Eternal Night is an information based guild and sent out info to the other factions. I was the New Moon, or the main pretester for assignments. My final assignment was to determine the strength of a pair of twins who had come to close to stumbling upon something valuable or something like that" His expression became bleak as he turned away. He obviously wasn't proud of his past job. "I completed the mission, determining that their strength was low, and two mid-tier players would be quite sufficient to take care of the job. We sent two players named Vakon and Trywen, both of the branch that dealt much with turning children to murderers" 

Hidden stood immediately. "Eternal Night. Is one of the factions from the five factions. We have already taken out two of them for doing horrendous things. You worked for them?" Nicholas nodded his head and continued, "Indeed we were part of them. Now listen, this is where the lot of you come in. Trywen and Vakon were both dispatched on that mission.  I was immediately put on trial of our guild for execution for exploiting incorrect information. I came to find out in that trial that it was enacted by a player named Aereth, the Demon King. A player she was to be killed upon sight and information be extracted of him by the tonfold. Before my trial was completely finished, I heard his name having slaughtered many other informants. Then, finally I was found guilty, and was to be executed by another branch. That is when I escaped and now am to be killed on sight for treason. I have a good bounty on my head from them. Many murder guilds know the name Blackshade and the face that belongs to it. That is why they knew me" Hidden nodded in understandment. "Final question that we have time for. You obviously lied about your attack powers explain your current position in strength and why you would hide this from me" 

Nicholas looked down upon his lap. "Indeed you are correct. I concealed my true strength. Though, that day you met me, I had o chance of winning that fight I was exhausted out from running for several days with no sleep. Sleep is important in this game surprisingly, just as eating is. When you had thought I was already a weak and suboordinate player who was far under you, I took the chance to be able to concealed by you. Anyways, my original goal was to get back at Aereth, and kill him for what he had done to my life, and I was so happy when I ran into you. After a while though, I began to doubt myself. It wasn't anybody's fault but The Factions. When I first seen Aereth, I was terrified due to the fact that I had an original goal, but I wasn't going to carry it out. So, I concealed my power to originally get at Aereth off guard, and afterwards, I did it because.... There was just no real reason to tell you" He brought up fair points, but he had lost a decent sized chunk of her trust, but that would have to be held off. They were both on the hunt board thanks to Aereth, and they had to get on the run. Then, once safer, Message Aereth to find out what was going on, then what was after.... who knew. 

She looked sternly at the boy and voiced her thoughts. "You will be questioned further when we find refuge somewhere safer. Domarus and Aereth for sure will want to have a word. You'll survive, but im not sure how well you do wi-" A slam was heard from the other room as the door was opened. "They're here, we have to get out of here... but we have trapped ourselves" Nicholas put a finger to his mouth than motioned for her to follow. With his Aincradian strength, he pushed side the bed, revealing a door she didn't remember being there when she slept here. He opened the door, but instead of the door leading outside, it led straight down. He pointed down and she listened, climbing down the ladder before just dropping to a point five feet below. The temperature had dropped significantly. As Nicholas had joined her, she asked, "Where are we" Stepping forward, Blackshade replied, "This building is built over a sewer system that players can access to fight lower level amphibian monsters. The sewer than becomes a part of the labyrinth which we can take into the First Floor boss room to get to the second floor. With slight alterations in the building while you were out, I made use of such sewer system. Now come on, not much time" 

Her virtual lungs took on the new sewer air that was quite moist, and very musty. They ran for a good fifteen minutes before he slackened the pace. She hated to not be the leader, to seem like the helpless child, but she was absolutely clueless as to what was going on. That kind of set her off in a rather angry mood. "Anything else important that I need to know of you that you are deliberately hiding from me?" Blackshade flinched next to her, faltering his heavy breaths. "I am a guy" he said in a rather sarcastic tone. "You are a sarcastic prick. You're lucky I have become attached to you, or I would have Aereth and Domarus kill you. Now let's get moving. How much longr do you think we will be in this labyrinth" He seemed to be a bit affected by her words, a bit quiet now that he realized she had been angry with him keeping a little thing like level a secret. Or maybe she was angry because in the beginning he was using her to get at Aereth. "We got at least another fifteen minutes before reaching the boss room. On the bright side, they had absolutely no idea where we are at the moment. Its going to be at least a good day before they get another lead on us" 

She sighed stepping forward. The boy beside her became silent as she moved forward, gazing at the walls. It looked newer, as if they were in a glorified sewer or something. Or a really bad castle. Her eyes bet a rough frame of a door, a design of nightmares inscribed on the door in what appeared to be rock or stone. 'The boss room' She thought to herself. She set her hand on the cold stone, a rush of cold, fear, and memory washing through her. She almost blacked out in memory, but instead managed to not go out in memory, but hold on. She fouced on the temperature of the door, steeling herself from the memories. She took a breath and pushed the door forward. It opened with ease, swinging fully open by itself. She stepped forward until she stood in the center. The room was ashen color, the light of the room not dark but a grayish light that made it feel like a memory. "The fight here was brutal, in fact several players fell while I refused to accept the fact that on one was coming to save us from this world. That we weren't actually coming to live her permanently" Nicholas stepped [ast there, soaking in the details of the room. She stepped forward, taking the stairs upwards. A few more steps and she would literally be out of this world. And into the next region or floor. 

She looked back once more, taking a glimpse of the lair of Illfang the Kolbold Lord. She took a breath. What had happened in her life? This just kept getting worse and worse for all. She was now on a run from a group of players that charged from many different groups. "Let's go" She stated plainly, stepping u the rest of the stairs. A brush of cold light hit her, and everything became dark. She still felt walking and soon she was immersed in light. She took a breath, looking for their pursuers, but they did not show. She untensed and turned to Nicholas. Of course, she guessed that he was hiding a small plan in there somewhere. "Where will be next?" He looked deep in thought before giving her a deep look. "Well, as of now, you are useless in combat against most of whom you are dealing with and we are going to require more money. I suggest we head over to the fifth floor and begin the Arabian Nights quests. they won't expect the fifth floor for a while, and they won't want to cross the sands my guess is" Hidden nodded and turned towards the teleport gate. She would have to be informing Sey and Domarus soon that she was on the run and don't do anything to allow them to find her. First though, she wanted some info from Aereth. But, this quest would be first. Blackshade seemed to think preparing her for the battle would be the best. How did they end up in switched positions so quickly. 

As the start of a new adventure began, she stared into the area around her. Aereth needed to learn about the consequences of his actions. By obviously hiding himself, he was allowing her to become the current target to get at him. Meaning, she would have to hide until gaining enough strength. She sighed, staring into Blackshade's dark eyes. Could she even trust him anymore? He had stayed passive, hiding right underneath her nose. Originally, he was an enemy, and Aereth had lost him that spot. But now, he had been hiding, coming off as this weak and passive player that needed protection. "Let's go, I guess" She moved towards the teleportation pad, coming to stand silently upon it. Blackshade stepped on as well, but did not dare say anything. She looked around before taking our her knife, examining it briefly. She would be using the dangerous weapon many more times in this world, many of those times against players. "Eventually, whoever is hunting us.... I will ensure they wilt in pain. Now, Teleport Floor Five!" The sights of Floor Two vanished in a bright flash of blue light. 

Rewards

4 SP
1,000 Col
Extra Skill: Disguise