[PP-F1] Punkin Donuts <<Earning a Living ~ Chef>> (Shield)

Hikoru awoke on a early morning to the sound of snoring. He looked over to see Sir Rolland on his side, his toothed mouth facing him and his pumpkin breath infiltrating his nostrils. He grit his teeth and turned around to look out the window of his old shop. He had come here to check on Sutetchi, who was perched in his small bed. He knew that this shop would be changing soon, but right now it was barren and cold, next to the fireplace within his back room. He knew all this would be gone and sold soon, so he had also come to grab what few belongings he had here before he moved shops. He yawned and stretched, Rolland only giving a murmur before rolling the other way. He sighed and shook his head.

"Food." He said. Rolland's pumpkin body perked up and his one eye scanned the room to find the food, but nothing could be found. He looked at Hikoru with irritation, and he only gave a shrug. "It was the only way you would get up. Come on, lets go and get this quest done." Rolland gave a sigh and mumbled, literally rolling out of bed and using its roots to support it, then making his way towards the door, Hikoru following suite. Hikoru shot a message to Shield, whom he hoped could come and help him after their adventure fighting Absolute Zero.

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 1410 | EN: 168 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 79 ACC: 3 |  EVA: 3

Equipped Gear:

Eclipsed Pendant : +2 ACC +1 EVA

True Master of Shadows: +54 Mitigation +1 EVA

Limbos Fang: +2 Blight +2 Envenom

Flowing Illusion: +4 to Stealth rating when next to water

Sir Rolland ~ Mini Pumpking Familiar: +9 Damage

Battle Ready:

x1 Shadows Eye: +3 LD

x1 Shadows Instinct: +3 ACC

Skills & Mods:

One-Handed Dagger [Max Rank]: Precision Mod

Light Armor [Max Rank]: Athletics and Acrobatics Mod

Sneaking [Max Rank]: Sneak Attack and Vanish Mod

Charge [Max Rank]

Shadowed Path [Max Rank]

Familiar Mastery: Fighter [Max Rank]

Battle Healing [Rank 2]

Martial Arts [Rank 0]

Survival [Max Rank]

Concentration

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

[H:0] Shield - LV: 63 | HP: 1350/1350 | EP: 126/126 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 88 | BH: 66 | FLA: 15 | LD: 10

Crafting in Kitchen: Uncommon T1 LD food (Consumes 1 T1 material)

Consuming: Uncommon T1 LD food [+2 T1 slots, total +3]

Skills:

Battle Healing 5
Block 5
Heavy Armor 5 - Stonewall | Athletics
Search & Detect 1
Energize
Howl - Focused Howl
Parry - Justified Riposte | Vengeful Riposte
Picking - Dismantling

Equipped:

Finder's Keeper (+1 skill rank - S&D, T1 trinket)

Seeking Aura + 3 LD trinket

Manticore Mask - Perfect T3 Shield - FLA 1 | MIT 1 | TNT

Familiar - Lilith - Bush Viper
Rank 3 Healer
+135 HP 1/5 turns

MISC:

+1 LD - Attic Bedroom Bonus

Battle ready Inventory

Basic Teleport Crystal x 5

Potion of Safeguard x 3

Healing Crystal (160 HP) x 3

Banner of Command [2/3]

Spirit Spines - Perfect T3 Heavy Armor - THN 2 | REC 1

Spirit Plate - Perfect T3 Heavy Armor - MIT 2 | REC 1 [Dimensional Backpack]

Shield was already awake and beginning his day, just finishing up a fresh batch of scrambled eggs. As the indicator of his inbox chimed, he checked the message and nodded, confirming the sender and briefly scanning the message before plating up his breakfast and heading to the new dining hall. He wolfed down his breakfast, composing his response between bites, letting Hikoru know that he'd be at his shop around the time they had planned.

With one last swallow of his food, he chucked the plate, watching it shatter into polygons and vanish before darting out the door and making for town. By the time he was stepping out of the teleportation plaza on the first floor, the sun was already up and beginning to shine over Aincrad as brightly as ever. He opened his messages and sent one last missive to his guild mate.

"I'm here, whenever you're ready.

-Shield"

Edited by Shield

Hikoru got a ping as he left his shop. Shield said he had showed up on the floor, ready for action. He gave a small sigh and pulled his hood up, locking the door as he and Rolland made their way down the road. NPC's and some lower-levelled players avoided his path, making sure to steer clear of him. He was used to it by now and ignored it. That's what happened when he showed up to the lower levels. He showed up in the center of town and stood on the teleporter.

"Floor 1." He said simply, before turning to pixels and appearing on the first floor. He looked around and saw the broad man in some more normal clothes, not his heavy-looking armor he was used to seeing. He nodded as he came closer, opening up his HUD. "Thanks for joining me on this quest. I'm re-taking it because of... personal, reasons." He said, feeling a small blush on his face as he used the shadows to cover his face entirely. "Anyways, we need to gather a few materials in a few different locations. I have the complete first floor map if you want to have a copy. If you don't need it, we can get moving now." He said, raising his head towards the man anticipating an answer

"I know my way around pretty well," Shield said with a nod. "Thank you anyways. I think I'm having the same problem you are, where it's impossible to find quests you haven't already done. That Avalanche quest we did was one of the few I had left. Now there's just this fishing quest that I've been... avoiding."

Shield had done his share of fishing for other quests in the game. It wasn't a task he was looking forward to. Regardless, they had a whole floor open to them and the whole day ahead of them to start building up whatever resources were necessary to get the job done.

"If there's much of anything that I've missed on the first floor, then I must be a lot less observant than I thought," He allowed himself a slight smirk on is otherwise typically stoic features. "In any case, just let me know what we'll need and where we're getting it."

• 2 weeks later...

Hikoru nodded as he said he was in the same rut he was. It's true, there had been a lull to the new Quests released. There have yet to be any to the 21st floor's release which was odd. Usually there were a few releases when a new floor was made, so he was wondering if that's all the quests that would be released until floor 22. He gave a sigh as he took a look at the list he had drawn up while he was looking at the available resources found on the first floor. He gave a sigh and sent him the list.

"This is what i'm hoping for. I want to get three to five of each, if and all possible. These will be useful for what I have planned." he said with a nod. He closed the list and equipped Shadow's Eye, the pendant taking place of the other as the eye creepily looked around him. He pat the pendant quietly and took one last look around. There were going to be no resources to be found within the town or near the gates. They would have to look around a bit on the outdoors, which would be easy to do, as the mobs on the floor barely dealt any damage to him.

Cave Carrot: 0/5 LD:  LD: 15-17

Sacred Squash 0/5 LD: 18-20

Diamond Apple: 0/3  LD: 21+

image.png.8e74e2289bd4a780bb7c48df2406c6cb.png  

3+10=13 - No materials

Shield followed Hikoru's lead, making mental note of the three different types of crafting item they would be seeking. he was unfamiliar with the specifics of them or their use, but then again he tended to send more general use materials in his store. Anything more specialized was likely to be seen more outside of city limits. As they walked, he kept his eyes sharp, but they were apparently not far enough outside of town to see anything of note just yet.

"So it seems like you're going with cook," he said with a nod. "Not a bad choice. That's precisely what Beat is, and there is a great deal of value to his craft. He's made small fortunes selling buff items before boss raids."

Shield kicked at a small stone on the ground. He had hoped that turning it over might reveal it to at least be useful, but he had no such luck.

Worth a shot.

Edited by Shield