[PP-F16] Sides of the Coin <Itzal and Hestia>

She talked to him in the way he was afraid of.  She wasn't defending Fearx, but she did tell him that he wasn't thinking rationally around Fearx, asking him to give up on the player.  He tried, he really had.  And when he did, the player had attacked both Itzal and the owner of the ice cream shop.  Regardless....  She was right to a point.  It was pointless to grind to get to the level of strength Fearx was at.  He'd have to stoop down low to get to that point if he did it by himself.  He would gain more strength through his friends.  Having them as allies, as well as something worth fighting for.  Fearx had nothing compared to Itzal.  He was still off from the encounter with Fearx but he ended up sighing, releasing most of it.  Or rather, bottling it up again.  He was silent for a moment, his eyes closed as he processed to the point where he was once again calm.  "I'm sorry I lashed out like that, ok?  He attacked me and someone I was with the last time I encountered him.  Knowing what he's like, and having experienced that, I guess I felt the need to defend myself.  For some reason it was more terrifying for him to just stand there, so calm and friendly like, than when he actually attacked me.  It's like.  It's like someone in your family was killed by a poisonous snake, and then one day the same snake just wanders into your home and tries to act friendly to you...  Kuro, Velnia, did he bother either of you at all?  I noted that he mentioned a familiar or something."

@Hestia

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did he attack you last time Itzal? I'm sure he would've given you a reason for his attack last time if he did so. However, from how you describe Fearx i can already guess he said it was some type of test or motivation. Am i close? I ask just basing this off from what you have told me of this person. Also if you let yourself be unnverved by his friendly act Itzal just try not to think on that okay? You know it is him just trying to rile you up to do something you wouldn't want to. You may say he wouldn't let you hit him if he didn't want to. What if he does this in the future though where the stakes are higher? Where the stakes are your friends or your fight against this person? Could you really let yourself be built up to react a certain way when he says or does something. Where if he is this big schemer could just be building you up to some big failure where the costs will be everything? I ask you with a look.

Kuro right away with no hesitation nods his head with a low growl of annoyance as he flaps his wings three times as i take note of that. That bad really? What was this familiar like then? I ask Kuro who raises a paw towards Velnia then flaps his wings twice. Okay so like Velnia but twice as bad. That is never good. Were you able to see it at all? I ask my familiar who shakes his head as i sigh softly. Seems like a familiar did something to them. Most likely bothered them in some fashion if Kuro's growl is anything to go by. With the little thing being like Velnia in some kind of aspect but two times worse. I am guessing speed if they weren't able to see it at all. I tell you  to interrupt the conversation between me and Kuro. I then  look towards Kuro with a smile as i pet his head for being able to convey this to me as the familiar just looks up with a prideful look as if it is expected of him.

"He wanted to push me back into training.  Wants me to be a match for him so he can fight me, so motivation I guess."  He listened to her as she mentioned him being unnerved by Fearx and the way he acted and how he shouldn't think or dwell on it.  He listened as she shared how he needed to be able to keep his cool around Fearx, especially in the future when the stakes were greater.  He took a deep breath, feeling ashamed with the look she was giving him.  Kuro seemed very upset with Fearx' familiar, and when Hestia came to the conclusion of what the other familiar was like, Itzal nodded.  "Yep.  Sounds like him alright.  I have a lightning fast familiar, so he goes and gets one far faster than even her...  By the looks of it though, she probably thinks the familiar was just having fun with them."  Velnia was crawling on the table over to Itzal's smoothie and began to drink the entire thing in the span of a few tiny seconds.  She then crawled over to Hestia and onto her free shoulder, nuzzling with her with a wide smile on her face.  He looked at Hestia.  "So...  If I'm going to get my mind off of Fearx...  What do you want to do?"

@Hestia

I mean we're at the floor with a beach Itzal. Lets go with that. I say with a smile as i pat your shoulder. Come on the best way to get your mind off something like that is to focus on things you can do. And that right now is having as much fun as you can. I say in a cheerful tone trying to help you feel better about this whole thing. i look towards Kuro with a nod of my head to tell him to try and relax also. Kuro just does the equivalent of a grumble before begrudgingly agreeing with me.I smile and nods happily at Kuro being so agreeable as i turn towards you. Now come on no more Fearx. Try to relax okay. It's meant to be a day to enjoy for ourselves and nothing else. I say with a gentle kind smile on my face as i look at you with a grin on my face. Waiting to hear what you have to say.

Itzal listened to her suggestion and hesitated before nodding in the end.  He stood up from his chair and pet Velnia, getting the silly dragon to hop over back to him, so that Hestia would be with Kuro.  "Well...  Alright.  Do you have a swimsuit this time though?"  Itzal asked, his face getting just a little bit of flush on the cheeks as he asked.  He began to walk with her towards the beach, hoping that the answer was a yes this time.  He was also hoping that the water was warm instead of cold.  He really didn't like the cold, and there was no need to wake up anymore.  "Oh...  There's one thing I forgot to mention.  I uh.  never went to the beach before, so I'm completely clueless as to what we're supposed to be doing."  Ripadip Itzal who'd spent his time locked in his room playing video games all his life.  While he was excellent with gaming, coding and programing, he wished he had spent time getting out more.  Even trivial things like going to the beach he was clueless on.

@Hestia

I chuckle hearing what you say as i remember the first time swimming. And how you reacted. Blushing a bit myself in slight embarrassment of the situation. yes i do got a swimsuit this time Itzal. Don't worry. I say with a smile on my face speaking in a kind tone of voice. I then hear the part about never going to the beach and find myself rather surprised at hearing that. That idea being totally forgein to me do the fact that i had been to the beach many times during my childhood. So i have a rather well known knowledge of what is suppose to be done at a beach. So the idea of hearing someone say they've never been to a beach before shocks me entirely. Well Itzal do i have a lot to say to you then. I say with a grin on my face as once we arrive to the beach i equip the swimsuit first making sure to do that first. I then unequip my vanity clothing so i would remain in my swimsuit as i look out towards the ocean and i smile. Finding that i have missed this sight a lot during my time in the real and in game world. Knowing i could stay here for a good while and just watch the ocean sparkle from the rays of the sun.

Itzal saw her blush a tiny bit, glad she understood why he was embarrassed now, and heard her mention how she had a swimsuit.  She mentioned how they had a lot to do which concerned him a little when he saw her grin, but decided to not worry about it too much.  He took off his trench coat as she switched to her swimsuit.  Thankfully it was modest enough for him not to be embarrassed.  She stood there staring at the ocean, probably thinking of the times she had been here in the real world.  Velnia snuck up on Kuro before she tried to, 'encouragingly' tug him towards the water, hoping to play with him in there again.  Itzal didn't really get what everyone was so obsessed when it came to the water.  All you could really do was swim in it, which got tiring and boring before long as there wasn't much to do.  Then the second thing you could do was lie in it, though he didn't like that idea either.  Finally there was...  Nothing else really.  He turned to Hestia.  "Sooooo.....  Since you clearly have more experience, what do you want to do?"

@Hestia

I continue looking out towards the ocean with a smile as i can think back towards my childhood. Playing in the water with my little sister. Making sandcastles with my mother and father. Taking pictures, and listening to musics with fireworks into the night sky. A single tear falls from my cheek that i quickly wipe away as i smile happily as i then turns towards you when you start speaking. Well it is a bit bad that we don't have a beach ball or anything on hand that we could use. Well besides that we could swim, make sand sculptures with what we can or just try to enjoy talking and such. I say with a pout. I say as i look around the area wondering if in this game their happens to be a house where such beach items could be held. Figuring that if Kayaba was trying to make real life areas that he would include a place that would have the accommodations for having fun at a beach nearby or somewhere. 

Itzal watched as a single tear came down her face.  Looking at the smile on her face, it was probably a good memory she missed.  Itzal didn't have any good memories at all from before SAO...  His parent's death.  The murderer's execution.  The bullies.  Fearx.  He had focused on all the negative in his life that he missed the positive.  That was what drove him to get out as soon as possible.  And it was also what drove him to help everyone he could along the way.  They had family they missed too.  They had regrets and pains.  Hestia started to answer him, mentioning how they didn't have a beach ball on hand.  Beach ball huh?  He wondered what made that type of thing any different from other balls.  She then gave a rather short list of three options, including swimming, sand sculptures which he didn't see how that was possible, and then just normal chatting.  He pointed towards the trees to a building that was half hidden half out in view.  "Well if beach ball's are purchasable, then we could probably find one there if you'd like...  Velnia for crying out loud, ask Kuro to join you in the water, don't make the poor lion."

@Hestia

I grin a bit as you spot the building as i immediately start to go towards the building gesturing for you to following me. Come on Itzal we don't have all day! My tone being seemingly very excited to get to having fun with this. I do look towards you and finds it interesting you don't seem as excited. I can only guess it is from not really have been to a beach before. As i arrive at the small building i look to see what is available in side it. Curious what selection it has to choose from inside. So Itzal what was life like outside of this game for you? Besides that whole competition thing you had. Did you have any fun memories before being trapped within here? I ask curiously deciding to try and get to know you more. To try and hopefully find something to figure you out a bit more. Wondering if their is any previous events that could lead to these violent outbreaks towards Fearx. Knowing that one attack for motivation would be enough for anger. Just not a total one hundred and eighty degree turn in terms of a personality.

Kuro looks towards Velnia and lets the little dragon to guide him towards the water. However, he uses his wings to make sure to not get into the water this time. Having found the previous experience to not have been that much of a joy to be in.

Itzal walked along with her, trying to keep a fresh smile on his face despite having no experiences with the beach, as well as the more recent incident.  When they arrived she looked in from the window.  Why look through the window when you could just open the door?  He thought as he opened the door and invited her to come in.  Then she asked him if he had any fun memories before being trapped in here.  Oh boy.  "Not, really.  From my adoption to college age, I've had bullies chasing after me all over.  The bullies at my school knew ones from other schools as well, so whenever I ran they tried to corner me.  I learned Parkour from trying to escape them all the time.  Each day I'd head to school, distance myself from everyone to avoid punishment.  And once I was home I'd lock myself in my room and either play video games or practice programing.  That's it really.  So many possible good memories, and I ran from them all.  I was a jerk.  So many regrets and not a single good memory."  He held the door open for her as she came in.  "That's why I'm trying to make amends and make friends here.  It seems however as though my past has other plans..." 

Velnia grinned at Kuro, using her paw/claw to toss water into the air for him to avoid.  She then began to rapid fire, creating an obstacle course in the sky for him before shooting into the air and diving into the water.  She swam deep, using her claws and wings to increase her speed before shooting back into the sky in a spiral spin, flinging water everywhere, appearing to be a water spear.

@Hestia

I sigh softly hearing that from you as it makes me wonder why people can be so cruel no matter where you go. I smile as you open the door for me as i enter the nice little shop as i look around at everything that could be necessary for having fun at the beach. However, rather then focus on that my mind drifts back towards your words as i find that it makes some sense of why things ended up as they did for you. It does make me curious how good you are at parkour. having only heard of it and seen a few videos online about it. having never actually tried to accomplish anything crazy with it since i would fear for my safety way to much. Especially since it would stop me from being able to take care of my family. It also explains where all the time for video games came from. Bullies. That one word answer makes my blood boil a bit as i wonder what possess people to go out of their way to ruin the lives of others intentionally in ever way possible.

Kuro dodges the splashes of water at it him using every skill he knows to be able to dodge and duck out of the way with relative ease. Enjoying the challenge the little dragon is present with this finding this to be lots more fun then swimming in some water. He then watches the little dragon come out of the water causing water to go everywhere. He quickly tries to fly away from the splash area to avoid it getting on his body. Thinking of this like a game where the goal is to avoid being hit by the water.

Itzal heard her sigh and hoped she wasn't putting his past on her shoulders.  It was his problem he had to bear, not hers.  Especially since it was quite the weight as well.  The way his parent's were brutally murdered in front of him.  The murderer confessing he never cared for the money and burned it.  Growing up weak in the real world and thus chasing after games.  Finding nothing but war and frustrations in those games thanks to Fearx.  And now Sword art online.  It was all his weight to bear not hers.  He walked around the shop, noticing many things in the store.  He noticed a massive ball and stared at it.  Was this a beach ball?  Why was it so big?  He then noticed a board or two hanging on the walls.  He hadn't watched any movies and such, but while browsing programming tutorials, adds would pop up and commercials, surfing being in one or two of them.  He knew what they did, but how they did it was still a mystery to him.  He noticed many pales of different shapes, shovels, picnic blankets, umbrella's.  The amount of variety was enormous.  He turned to Hestia.  "Sooooo.  What should we get?"

Velnia saw Kuro getting excited with this challenge of hers.  She grinned and shot out towards the horizon away from Kuro.  She had noted that there weren't any npc's or players in the water at the current moment so she was good in doing this.  When she was far enough away, she stopped and prepped herself, before launching towards the depths, moving nearly at the speed of sound, using her lightning to speed her up greatly.  She entered the water, her speed drawing much water along with her.  The force built up into a massive wave, though Velnia was far ahead of the wave at this point.  She shot up when she was right below Kuro, firing a massive column of water at him, water spreading everywhere.

@Hestia

As much as we can get and bring over. I say rather excitedly as i grab the beach ball, umbrella, and two chairs setting those up for things i would wish to get. I also get a pale, and bucket to hold water in. I then look over and sees a volleyball. I look between that and the beach ball as i then return the beach ball and takes the volleyball with a smile on my face deciding this has many more opportunities for some type of fun. I also grab a surf board of my own remembering some basic lessons of how to do it, but not enough to be able to do it instantly. I turn to you with a grin. Want to learn on how to try and surf? I'm not that great myself so i won't be the best teacher but i'm sure we can figure this out together. I say rather cheerfully and happily. Not noticing at this point how many things could eventually be stacking up for me to try and set up a nice fun area for relaxing and enjoying ourselves while at the beach.

Kuro awaits for the little familiar seeing her disappear into the distance and then very quickly catching up and splashing him with lots of water. Kuro having not been prepared for Velnia rather lightning speed and from the fact she could've appeared anywhere do to Kuro having not seen where she went once she dived to deep into the water. The sudden surge of water against Kuro having caused him to stop flying for a few seconds that he quickly corrected to allow himself to not be hit by the wave that Velnia created.

Itzal heard her tell him to bring as much as they could get their hands on and watched with wide and surprised eyes at the amount of items she decided to gather and bring to the counter.  He just kind of stared at them for a while, but when she mentioned wanting to learn how to surf, he snapped back into reality and gave a slight grin, giving her a shrug.  "I don't see why not.  Balance is important right?  Shouldn't be too difficult since I've mastered parkour."  He went over to grab a surf board, choosing one with a lightning design on it.  He brought the items over with Hestia to the counter and purchased the items.  Despite the incredible amount of stuff they were purchasing, it wasn't as expensive as he expected.  He chuckled as he never expected to be taking surfing lessons in his lifetime.  When he walked outside he turned to Hestia.  "You say you're not a great teacher.  We'll see if you're good or bad on the water I suppose.  I learn best by doing and failing, so I'm probably going to look like an idiot, at..  First..."  He had noticed a shadow once they hit the edge and a roaring sound.  He looked up to find a wave at least four times bigger than himself.  (Roughly twenty feet and eleven inches)  He took a deep breath.  "Dagnabit Velnia..."

The dragon watched as Kuro expertly evaded her torrent of water, but the wave she generated was nearing, and was...  Much, bigger than she predicted it would be.

@Hestia

I can't wait to teach you Itzal. I say rather excitedly as i help you with carrying everything out of the shop towards the beach with a grin on my face. I turn to you and smiles a bit as i nod my head. Don't worry Itzal we all look like idiots the first time we try to surf from not really being good at it. I mean you have a head start by having balance do to all that parkour stuff you do. I say optimistically and cheerfully. As we get closer i then see a shadow begin to form on the beach's sand. I look towards the source and finds a wave. A really.big.wave. I can only stare at this as i hear you mention Velnia as i can only nod dumb founded by seeing this. That poor little lion. I say back as my only response as i can see my familiar trying to deal with the giant wave before him that is approaching towards his body.

Kuro just stares at the very giant wave before him. He quickly tries to duck towards the land to try and get far enough from where the wave will be crashing against the land preferring to not be in the splash zone for that. Knowing being pushed by those waves into the ground would not be a pleasant experience for anything flying.

Itzal nodded in agreement, feeling bad for Kuro when he saw the familiar attempting to escape it.  Itzal charged forward, drawing his blade Yakimba, watching the npc's retreat to shelter.  "Kuro if you don't want to be wet get behind me!"  He stood at the edge of the beach waiting for the water to arrive.  He turned to Hestia.  "Better get those boards out fast.  We'll be using them in...  Five seconds."  He walked behind her and waited for her to take hold of the board before releasing a sword art on the board.  This launched it forward through the massive wave, and onto the water behind it.  Itzal grabbed his coat which he didn't want vanishing off into nowhere, and gestured for Kuro to hop in his pockets.  If he did, Itzal would take his board with one hand and run at the wave, throwing the board and himself at it while using a sword art behind him to give him more force, pushing through the wave and out onto the other side.  Unfortunately he lost his grip through the wave and ended up separated from the board, his coat opening up for Kuro as he crashed into the water.

@Hestia

I take my board as i can only wonder what plan you have got for this as i quickly get behind you as my familiar who is the size of a large dock comes towards you as you instruct it to. Kuro trusting you and whatever plan you could have to help it not get wet or possibly injured do to Velnia's antics. As you use the sword out to propel me through the wave i cheer rather happily at the sensation as i quickly get onto my surf board and then waits til i see the next big wave as i get onto my board and starts to surf with a grin on my face. My black hair that has silver streaks going through it whipping in the wind as i cheer rather happily at being able to enjoy this once more.

Kuro just quickly follows after you as you propel yourself forward as he aligns himself just right so that when you break through the wave he pulls his limbs close to his body and folds his wings to match through the hole. He then quickly opens his wings back up and takes flight upwards since he is on the other side of the wave as he looks towards the wave as it crashes into the beach pushing all the items that were bought back further into the beach as all the nice sound becomes a bit more condensed and mud like from all the water hitting it.

As i get back towards the shore i look towards you, and then towards wherever Velnia could be. You know we can't really say we shouldn't have expected this. I mean i think you told me once Velnia can get a bit out of hand when playing, and we really didn't have you nearby here to try and stop her from doing anything to drastic like she did. I say with a small chuckle not minding what velnia did to much since it did mess with the waves allowing for bigger ones to form to allow for some nice surfing like they do in the movies.

Itzal used reveal to find the surfboard before he swam over to it and pulled himself onto it, using it to make swimming less intense as, well, he'd already expended lots of stamina from that.  While he was swimming back, Velnia flew down and sat down, watching Hestia approach her.  She grinned nervously and crawled over to Kuro, showing that she didn't mean for it to get that big.  Just big enough to be challenging.  When Itzal finally reached shore he rolled off the surfboard and onto his back, panting very heavily as Hestia said something about Velnia and how she got out of hand from time to time.  He chuckled for a moment before he started laughing quietly at the sheer absurdity of what she had just done.  He couldn't stop for a while, trying to get up once before he collapsed again in laughter.  He lifted his hand as he was about to talk, but had to calm down a little more before he could.  "Velnia...  You are....  Without a doubt...  What Kayaba should fear in this world."  His hand fell down to the sand again as he continued laughing.  "Kayaba do you know what you've made?  Ha ha ha ha!" 

Once he was calm enough he sat up, a little shaky still, and turned to Hestia with a grin.  "How was that for a beach activity?  See that anytime in the real world?"

@Hestia

I see you start laughing which causes me to chuckle having always been rather effected by laughter. Always joining in do to just laughter being contagious to spread the joy of it around as much as possible. As i hear your reason i can't help help but laugh alongside you as Kuro just gives a small glare at Velnia before giving a playful little push as Kuro gives the small dragon a nod and a equivalent to a smile to show he is fine with what happened. Man if only Velnia could transfer all that destructive power to floor bosses she could solo this game within seconds. I say jokingly with a chuckle as i get off the surf board for now and walks over to you with a smile on my face. I then hear you ask if i have seen anything like that in the real world and of coure shake my head no. No i haven't seen anything like that and hopefully Velnia can try to keep that amount size of a wave down in the future. Maybe just smaller waves for the fun of surfing but nothing that huge. I say to Velnia with a chuckle as i turn my head towards you.

What about you Itzal? Find that any fun for having to think within a few seconds on how to beat a giant wave enough to get us safely on the other side? I ask with a smile on my face as i sit down on the wet sand as i look at you.