[PP-F16] Sides of the Coin <Itzal and Hestia>

Itzal's face paled instantly as he looked at Velnia who was grinning mischievously.  He looked back to Hestia.  "Are you, sure about this Hestia?  I mean, you haven't exactly seen Velnia at her fastest as of yet..."  He listened as she began to explain the rules, stating how we had to get the ball too far out at sea, while the familiars had to get the ball to actually land on the ground.  By far the familiar's had it easy.  He also knew that Velnia could solo this game, easily handling both Itzal and Hestia.  Even if Itzal was twice as fast as he was now, he stood no chance against Velnia the speed demon.  Then Hestia added a new rule, splitting the arena into four segments.  Each player had their own square, or rectangle, they had to defend, and could not cross over said lines.  Velnia nodded but seemed a bit upset she couldn't shoot over to the other side and solo this thing, showing off her insane speeds once more.  Itzal caught the ball with one hand and sighed.  "I hope you know what you're doing Hestia."  Itzal took his position.  Kuro had been watching Hestia's footwork up to now, so he decided to try something else.  He leaped into the air, letting go of the ball, and twisted his body so that it looked like he was going to kick it, but instead used his folded leg, thrusting it out and launching the ball to Kuro's left at a high speed before landing in a battle position, ready for any incoming strike.

@Hestia

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzal my plans for fun are never full proof their is always some chance of something going horribly wrong during such things. I say jokingly after you have hit the ball as i watch as it gets rocketed towards Kuro who gets caught off guard for a bit before shooting off to chase after it as fast as he can. The familiar chasing the ball before using his forelegs to smack it back in the other direction then quickly chasing after it smacking it around the sky in different direction to try and throw off where it could head towards. Suddenly he smacks it towards my far left side boxed area as i quickly run towards the ball. Running for a bit before jumping the distances and using a bit of gymnastics like back flips to go over the terrain. Having always found it annoying to try and walk to get your feet adjusted. Once i get near the area where the ball is going to land i quickly punch it towards the ocean low towards the ground on Velnia's side. I shake my hand a bit as the momentum of the ball is just increasing the more it gets closer towards the ground since it is combining the velocity it has already, then the force of the punch, then the change of velocity and the force that tries to carry over into the hit that is sending it towards the other direction. I just grin as the speeding ball is getting closer to the ground and towards the water. Knowing i don't have to play fair by sending it skywards and i know that Velnia can catch it considering how fast she ca move.

Itzal watched as Kuro barely caught it in time and started knocking it around in the air to confuse them.  Normally in the real world, this would be considered cheating.  However not only was this not the real world, but they were playing against mythical creatures, in a digital world.  The final bit of addition that made rules null and void?  All is fair in love and war.  He watched as Kuro knocked it towards Hestia's side who leaped through the air, flipping to avoid some of the terrain, before landing onto the sand once again, punching it towards...  Velnia's side.  Velnia did the opposite of what you'd expect.  Instead of charging at the ball, she shot right by it a good ways, before launching at high speeds towards it.  When she came in contact with it, there was a small shockwave that erupted from it, enough to be heard and felt, but not big enough to disrupt their position, movements or vision.  The ball shot like a speeding bullet to Itzal who crossed his arms to block the ball, angling them so that when the ball hit it shot upward into the air.  He didn't let it get too high and struck it with enough force right back at Velnia, or rather to her left.  When he did, she shot over to the ball, a little slower than a blink, and struck it hard with a headbutt, sending it towards Hestia...  Or rather sent it behind her a good ways rather quickly.

@Hestia

i just blink as i watch this happen as i get pushed a bit from the shock wave of Velnia's hit and then the subsequent watching the ball zoom past me rather quickly. Not having expected that or have any real chance of blocking that from the fact of never having to face something that can make a projectile move that fast. I just turn to Velnia and then towards where the ball went. Welp i think i can safely say Velnia won that rather easily alongside Kuro then since they are on a team. I say rather bluntly not having expected it that quickly, but i knew the end just had hoped velnia knew what the word restraint was and what it had meant. I then pause mentally and just starts to chuckle realizing how foolish it was to think that velnia the hyperactive familiar would ever know what restraint meant in any universe. I look to the little familiar with a grin on my face. Well Velnia can you get the ball you headbutted it a good distance and you're the only one faster enough to retrieve it within a reasonable amount of time. I tell the little dragon as a request.

Itzal stared in silence as the ball bounced a great deal of distance away before he slowly turned his gaze to her.  His gaze and his 'really?' face, as well as Hestia's words had caused her to grin nervously.  She hoped Kuro didn't smack her for that.  She got excited and in the moment, what else was she supposed to do?  Hold back?  She never held back against Itzal.  Unfortunately it just couldn't register in the little familiar's head why the players needed her to hold back.  Despite everything that had happened up to that point.  Itzal watched as Velnia flew over to retrieve the ball for them.  Itzal turned to Hestia with an embarrassed and apologetic grin.  "So um...  Sorry about that.  Velnia is the type of familiar who just, does stuff.  She doesn't realize what she's doing is wrong."  When Velnia returned with the ball and handed it to Hestia, Itzal whistled to her and she landed on his shoulders.  "Could you, um.  Hold back a bit?  No super sonic hits I mean.  Moving fast to catch them is fine, just no insane hits that we can't stop ok?"  Velnia nodded, hoping to show more restraint the next round before flying over to her corner.

@Hestia

I chuckle a bit at the words you have chosen as i can't help but agree with them. Remembering how the little familiar had gotten you into trouble with the nice ice cream lady with the end result being you being charged with a weapon in hand. I can't help but chuckle and laugh at that memory still. As Velnia returns to her position i look towards you with a smile. Don't worry it's fine Itzal all that matters is if she has learned her lesson in holding back. I say with a smile as i turn to velnia and quickly punches the ball towards her like a boxer would as my stance seems rather similar to one all the while also. As i grin a bit always punching the ball since i am using what little martial arts skill i have with my Rank 1 in it. I just wait and watch as i can only hope that Velnia manages to show some restraint this time. I shiver a bit imagining that fast of a ball coming at me. It makes me hope on the inside i have blocked enough pain to ignore super sonic volleyball to my arms. To not feel the pain but only phantom pains, but sadly i know deep down i have not faced something that similar all at once. The only close experience was those hits from the gemini. I don't notice my hands clenching into fists as the knuckles turn a bit white. I take a calming breathe out of reflex as i calm down fully after a few seconds.

Itzal watched as she laughed, seemingly at something she was recalling or thinking about, rather than what was currently happening.  She turned to him and said it was fine so long as she learned her lesson.  Itzal glanced at Velnia with a raised eyebrow.  "Well?  Have you?"  Velnia chuckled before she took her position hovering above her square.  Itzal watched as Hestia punched the volleyball, making Itzal wonder if she was focusing on her martial arts skill.  The ball went towards Velnia who then shot at it, knocking it towards Itzal.  It was still faster than balls usually go, but it wasn't insanely fast that nobody could dodge, catch or counter.  Itzal struck the ball from below, backing up and striking it hard, sending it back to Velnia.  He knew he wouldn't get past her, but he could try confusing Kuro a little before aiming for him.  Velnia struck it back at Itzal and this time he would send it Kuro's way.  He focused on Velnia, Kuro nothing more than a blur on his vision, and took a position that seemed like he was sending it to Velnia again.  However he hit the ball with his left hand instead of his right, sending it Kuro's way with a sufficient amount of force.  He focused on Velnia so that Kuro couldn't determine where he was going to hit the ball, and if he was lucky, would be expecting it to be sent to Velnia's way.

@Hestia

Kuro just watches how the two seemingly having a mini combat of who would mess up first. The lion watching the ball be hit back and forth watching to predict where it could be sent as the human itzal seems to be focusing on the dragon so Kuro ease up and relaxes with his flight. However, that was a mistake as the ball gets sent towards his direction which causes him to freeze up for a second before kicking into action. He chases the ball as it starts to lose a bit of its altitude but just as its about halfway towards the ground Kuro knocks the ball upwards after having chased behind it, and then stopping and going where he can know it is going to be at. He then hits it back up the entire way till he is back where he was hitting the ball back and forth using his paws, or face to do so. As he gets back he quickly hits the ball in the air once more as he spins in the air and smacks the ball with his hindlegs down towards me.

I see the bar head towards the ground rather close towards the line of what would separate our familiar from us. I quickly start doing front flips to cut down on how the sand would slow me down. I land and get close to the ground and hits it upwards while keeping it in my area of the field. I then backpedal a little bit as i shift from foot to foot as i get in the boxers stance as i then punch the ball as hard as i can towards you actually with a smile. Not having put any rules against teammates setting each other up to try and do something together. The ball having been hit upwards and towards where you are at.

Itzal watched as he was nearly successful with his attempt, but not quite.  The familiar knocked it into the air before flying back more, just enough so that it could catch the ball before it hit the ground.  Kuro hit it once more, spinning in the air before using it's back legs to launch it at Hestia.  Itzal's eyes were on the ball, but also on everyone else's movements.  He was a scout first, and dps second.  He never let anything go unnoticed.  When he saw how Hestia was moving his eyes widened with surprise himself.  The ball was coming in front of him, so he activated the charge skill, launching himself towards it and sending it towards their end with relatively the same speed Velnia used on him...  Not the super sonic one but the slower one.  Which was, still really really fast.  He angled it so that it went directly over the line that kept the familiar's from overpowering them.  Velnia saw this and knew Itzal was clever.  Hopefully they could beat this.  She indicated to Kuro to knock the ball over to her side, hoping that the familiar could do so without it landing on the ground, or without crossing the line...  Nah, she had total faith in her partner.  They were going to beat the players and she was quite excited with the idea.

@Hestia

Kuro sees the ball come towards his area as he quickly heads towards the ball as he glances towards Velnia and sees the gesturing as he just nods his head the familiar quickly leads towards the ball and headbutts it upwards towards Velnia's area to help the little familiar to be able to do whatever she wants to do. Kuro knowing better then to question Velnia's physical expertise or rather strength which is derived from her insane speeds.

I watch as you charge the ball and hits it over to Kuro as i look towards Velnia and sees the little dragon doing something as i look towards my familiar who quickly hits the ball over towards Velnia. Seeing this i quickly get ready to move anywhere that i can to try and hit it back. Knowing that possibility is a bit iffy considering how fast she can hit it do to her speed. All i can do is just focus on the ball to try and track where it is going to be not where it is at this moment.

Velnia watched as Kuro moved to the ball and sent it Velnia's way.  She grinned as she shot out to catch it.  And catch it she did.  She didn't hit it back, she instead caught the ball.  There was no rule that stated she couldn't do that.  She then did a loop the loop before tossing it far back behind the players.  It wasn't extremely fast, it was a slow enough speed that they could reach it.  The deadly part, or rather the difficulty, was the range in which she sent it.  They would have to go a good distance, and unless one of them was like her where they could- oh crap.  She just realized her issue.  Itzal saw what she was doing and turned to Hestia.  "Stay there!  I have an idea!"  He broke into a sprint for the ball and passed it a good ways before activating charge.  He punched the ball sending it speeding to Hestia.  "Keep it up!  Double it's speed!"  Velnia watched as she was getting a taste of her own medicine.  However she didn't give up.  She prepared herself to try and stop it head on, just for the heck of it.  Why not?

@Hestia

I watch Velnia throw the ball after having caught it as i smile a bit at her doing that. Glad that she has caught on that i have basically allowed for many things as long as they weren't stated in the rules. I watch as the ball gets thrown towards Itzal as he quickly runs back and then hits the ball as it speeds towards me. Hearing the request to doubles it speed i take a quick breathe to steady my nerves as i grin at Velnia as i position myself just right knowing that if the ball does go as fast as Velnia can then Kuro would have no chance of hitting this ball anytime soon. Once i am just how i want i hit the ball towards Kuro's side of the field as he just gives me this look in his eyes that i can tell is irritation as he quickly tries to go after the ball to try and stop it. The lion with wings trying to move fast enough to hit it back. Hoping it isn't as fast as Velnia or he wouldn't make it within time.

The ball wasn't, insanely fast like Velnia's, but it did have a lot of force behind it thanks to Itzal's charge and Hestia's boost.  The ball would have struck Kuro hard enough where he wouldn't be able to knock it back, nor could he catch it.  The result would be it would bounce off of him towards Velnia, retaining a good amount of it's force and strike her from the side, causing her to get flung away from the court and into the water.  She looked like a skipping stone at first, bouncing a few times before vanishing into the water while the ball remained on the surface.  After a second, she shot out of the water, shook it all off, and grinned from that bit of entertainment as she grabbed the ball and flew over to Hestia.  Itzal was walking back himself.  "Well that was satisfying.  Now we're even with a tie.  And we're also even with the fact that you got to get hit by a powerful blow Velnia...  Although it looks like you received the full blow Kuro, sorry about that."

@Hestia

Kuro watches the ball come towards him as he tries to catch it but instead gets hit hard and gets knocked out of the sky and manages to barely correct himself in the air as he lands on the ground. He walks over to his spot in the sand field and just lays down wanting a rest after all that. The blow to his body having taken a bit of the energy out of him. As you call out to him as a apology Kuro just flaps his wings twice while looking like he is yawning. He accepts the apology Itzal. I tell you since i know you most likely wouldn't understand from not being around Kuro for as long as i have. Also do to the fact me and Kuro have developed our way of communicating for the best possible understanding of each other if questions or words are said.

I turn to little Velnia and pet the little dragon. You okay Velnia? I ask her curiously just wanting to make sure as i pet her and check her over to see if their are any signs of injury or such. Knowing i shouldn't worry about that but my love and worry for animals is making me check for that unable to help myself. Looks like we'll have to end on a tie though Itzal i don't think Kuro has it in him to do another round of that. I tell you with a smile on my face as i finish checking Velnia as the little energetic dragon seems totally fine from what i could tell.

Itzal listens and is glad that Kuro forgave him for that little incident, and when Hestia began to pet Velnia she gave her dragon like purr and nuzzled against her.  Itzal chuckled.  "Oh she's fine.  She could get hit by a freaking stone golem and shake it off."  He then heard Hestia mention how they'd have to leave it as a tie for now.  Her familiar was getting tired and he could very well tell that.  He nodded in response.  "I agree.  We should all probably get some rest.  Especially since the sun's going down.  Suppose it's time to collect everything then.  By the looks of it, there are much much more things you can do on the beach.  Perhaps we can try some more next week?"  He began to start picking up the items they had left around here, Velnia doing squat since she was getting attention again.  Itzal picked up an item, opened his inventory, and transferred it into there.  He continued to do so until everything was cleaned up nicely.  He switched to his armor, Niger Natio, and waited a full minute before switching back, his clothing good as new and completely dry.  He placed his hands in the pockets of his coat.

@Hestia

I smile as i continue petting the cute little dragon as i chuckle a bit at hearing the part of a stone golem. Which makes me curious if that is a enemy on a later floor that you had faced so you know what you said to be true. I just keep that fact in mind for now as i continue giving the little dragon affection until stopping after four minutes as i then equip my vanity clothing over the swimsuit and then unequip the swimsuit so nothing could be seen that would be inappropriate. I smile feeling a bit better that the wet swimsuit is off and i'm back in my nice clothes. I walk over to Kuro as i pet his head gently. Thank you for playing with us Kuro, but for now it is time to go home so say goodbye when we get to the teleporter. You got it? I ask him as he flaps his wings once as i nod my head with a smile as i get up off the ground and walks over to you.

I'd be happy to do this every week Itzal it is a way to keep in touch with you every now and then. I say rather happily at the thought of that. I do miss spending time with the first friend i made in this game. I enjoy making new ones, but catching up with friends is always just as fun as making new ones. I say as i think for a bit. Oh yeah how is Kaiser doing?I ask curiously wondering how the girl who you are engaged to if i remember correctly is doing. Engaged or dating i find myself unsure of which, but i am pretty sure it is engaged.  I am imagining better now that me a stranger is out of your home. I say jokingly.

Velnia continued to lie there contently until Hestia made the gesture that she needed to get going.  She shot up in the air and licked Hestia's cheek before flying over to Itzal and landing on his shoulder.  He watched as she put her vanity clothing on before petting Kuro a little bit.  The poor familiar was indeed tuckered out and needed rest.  Itzal wondered at times whether or not she got her energy from some science stuff like a black hole somewhere or something...  Ironically that was the most logical and sensible result he'd come up with thus far, other than that the system just gave her an infinite amount of energy.  Hestia walked over to him and thanked him for playing with them, yet they needed to head home now.  She told Itzal that they'd say goodbye once they hit the teleporter pad.  "I understand Hestia, and no worries.  It's still some ways to travel before we hit the teleporter.  Come let's head over there." 

Itzal listened as she mentioned how she'd love to do this every week.  How keeping in touch with friends she started with were just as fun.  He smiled when she said this.  Hestia had made quite a lot of progress.  It kind of reminded him of himself when he kept grinding like crazy.  When she asked how Kasier was doing he smiled.  "She's doing alright.  I'm trying to gather col so we can get the new house as soon as we can.  And nah, there wasn't anything wrong with you being there."

@Hestia

I nod my head with a smile as i start walking towards the pad with Kuro just walking close towards me and whenever he would get tired walking he would switch to flying just a bit off the ground as he would switch between the two over and over during the walk. That sounds really cool actually getting a new home and all. I say with a smile on my face as i am able to relax fully which i am very grateful that i am able to do. Instead of having this always nagging feeling in the back of my head telling me i am wasting time. Now i know that taking a break is just as important as talking with friends and just enjoying fun things to do. The balance between the two things being very important to know. However, my mind drifts slightly towards Death Adder as i think of potential threats in this game world. Hey Itzal if Death Adder killed someone and their is this laughing Coffin. Shouldn't people actually be worried of when they can die? I mean things seem way to calm and you know peaceful. Like a calm before a storm situation don't you think? Why aren't player killers doing just that killing players if they can. Or at least trying to instill as much fear as possible into people? I ask knowing this is slightly similar to the last conversation we had when we last met by i still can't help but have this worried feeling that something is going to happen.

Itzal listened to Hestia, watching as Kuro landed and started to walk, a little tired to fly anymore.  Velnia saw this and landed beside him, walking beside the lion with wings, grinning and licking it's cheek.  "Yeah, not as cool as it sounds.  Just gathering col from monsters that's all.  The new system for homes is actually way better than before.  So many buffs and such."  They continued walking, the settlement beginning to come into view, though he didn't say anything just yet.  Then he heard her mention Death Adder as well as Laughing Coffin, mentioning how people should be worried.  She continued about how they seem far too calm and peaceful, like the calm before the storm.  Itzal's smile vanished, his eyes steeling themselves.  She finished by asking why player killers weren't killing players or instilling fear in them.  He was silent for a while, Velnia looking a bit more sad as they walked.  "They are killing Hestia.  The problem is that their targets aren't widely known.  At this point players are either surrounded by frontliners, or stay in the save zones as long as they can.  It makes it harder for pkers to do anything, so I'm willing to bet they're trying to find different methods to do such a thing.  As for Death Adder...................I have no idea what that man does in his spare time."

@Hestia

I sigh softly hearing that the player killers are just going after targets that aren't well known. That fact alone being kind of saddening that they would choose those people even if it makes sense. They would fade and no one would notice them disappear and have no chance at all to get to know the ones that disappear from the face of Aincrad. I continue walking alongside you as we make our way to the gate. I would only hope that Death Adder in his time trains as much as he can in his spare time to try and get stronger like the rest of us. Whether be it to clear floors like us or to try and complete some goal that none of us are privy to. I say as i look up at the sky at that thought as i pause as i realize this Death Adder is just a player that no one knows anything about. Has anyone ever tried getting to know Death Adder? I ask curiously to you. I mean does anyone know this guy's goals?