[PP-F3] <<Worn out Welcome>> (Hestia)

Apparently, the tank had been watching her closely. Hestia noticed how she acted during the fight, and was now bombarding her with questions about it. Observant, righteous, and assertive, Rinne listed off in her, puffing a few locks of blue hair from her face. Just the type of people I don't get along with. But while she found the other girl a bit annoying, she can't deny that Hestia was admirable, in her own way. She stuck to her beliefs firmly, had her eyes on the right path, and wanted to convince everyone to walk the path along with her. When the dark-haired tank finished asking her questions, Rinne answered them with silence. A darker side coming to surface? Even she wasn't sure enough to refute that. The only thing she was sure about was that it felt good, and she was going to find some sort of solution if it would start to get in the way of her decision-making.

Hestia then spoke about low-leveled players seemingly fading from existence once they died. Rinne watched the other girl carefully. Did she perhaps have a bad experience pertaining to that? Or was she just that empathetic? Knowing that the tank was probably expecting a response, she sighed and said, "I have to agree. I myself don't know any of the low-leveled players whose names were crossed off in the Monument. Maybe I crossed paths with one of them before, but didn't remember them. However, even I know most of the dead frontliners, and I've seen many players visiting the Monument to honor their memory." While the other players who died...were simply forgotten.

They stopped once they reached the safe zone. Rinne unequipped her spear and turned to Hestia. "I suppose this is where we part ways. You still want to help other players, right? Well, the day's not over yet, so I guess you could help someone else before the sun sets." Coming to a last-second decision, she opened her menu interface and sent a friend request. "I have to repay you for your help somehow. Message me if you need a DPS player in your team. Maybe by the time you do so, I'll be stronger."

I smile a bit at hearing your response to my second part. Having not really expected a answer from you to my questions on your attitude since they can be a mystery. That you can never be sure of what a reason is until it rears its head at the exact wrong moment you don't wish it to. I smile a bit as i look down as i hope that the players who are crossed off will be remembered in the real world. Even if it is just as a statistic as all this will be after this is over. We won't be names to the populace if any of us die. Just a number added to the total as the names and faces will fade from peoples mind. of course i wish to help players wherever i go. As i said no more names needs to be added to the monuments claimed list. That is why tanks and people with strong conviction are needed. To stop people from just becoming nothing cause once you aren't remembered no matter what. No imprint not even the hello is left then what do you become? I say simply as i then see a friend request sent as i look rather surprised you would do so and i then smile and accept it. Don't be afraid to call upon me ever Rinne. If you ever need help I'l be their to try and protect you for that is how i will live my life as i always have. A protector to those who need it. A hand in the darkness. I say kindly as i nod my head understanding you wish to part ways as i make my way towards the town to continue my patrol of it to see if players ever need help on this floor. Knowing that even during the times when night is close a player could be out needing help.

Rinne nodded politely to Hestia as they parted ways. She would then watch the tank walking along a cobbled path and looking out for players in need of help for a few seconds before setting off for the armorsmith's shop. The dark-haired player was truly a selfless person. She willingly helped players without expecting anything but the assurance that she kept them safe in return, and was patient and considerate. Maybe it would be nice if there were more people like her in the world. She was sure that if she ever needed help, Hestia will be the first person who'll come to her mind.

Arriving at the armorsmith's shop, she knocked three times on the door before inviting herself in. "I have the materials with me," she told the two NPCs as she placed said materials on the counter. "How long before I get my armor?"

Griswold said something Rinne didn't hear, maybe it was something about waiting inside the shop for a bit, and took the materials with him as he disappeared into the back of the shop.  "You'll get the armor in a few minutes, dear," Hanna said when the player turned her gaze to the NPC. "Crafting armor takes less time than you think it does."

Rinne nodded to the NPC woman, and she passed the time admiring the different types of armor displayed throughout the inside of the shop. I skipped a part of the NPCs dialogue by responding quickly, didn't I? Maybe if I hadn't skipped, the NPCs would've given a tutorial using the armor displayed here. It may have been beneficial, but most of the info is found in the manual anyway. After a few minutes of getting lost in her thoughts, Griswold called her over and presented her with her new Leather Coat. She dismissed the pop-up message indicating that she had completed the quest and equipped the coat, checking out her new appearance in a nearby mirror. Finding it satisfactory, she bade the NPCs goodbye and left the shop. One quest down, maybe a hundred more to go.

Thread Summary

Rinne
> Leather Coat (Uncommon Light Armor) (+1 EVA)
> 2 SP
> 200 Col

Hestia
> 1 SP
> 200 Col

Edited by Rinne