PP/19) Saving for the Hall (Guild Col Gathering)

Stryder opened his eyes, appearing on the nineteenth floor, this being the first time he had actually ever been on this floor. He clenched his fists, the gloves he was wearing feeling into his hands comfortably. They were a perfect gift, and were now his curse. Jack had told him that these were firmly stuck to his hand, and that he would NEVER be able to get rid of them, though he had a feeling he wouldn't need to. They seemed harmless enough, though Sky could swear he could feel some monster aura coming from them. Either way, he had nothing to really worry about, it was time for him to help his guild gain some currency, so he could start to push them in the right direction. He thought about if he would need some help... And he realized he was on a high floor, a healer might come in handy.

@Eatos Would you be able to meet me at the floor nineteen warp gate? I'm going to be doing some monster hunting for guild col, and i wouldn't mind having you here to keep me alive, if your busy its alright, i should be able to manage, thanks!

Once he sent that, he started looking around, the various rolling hills, the various buildings which had slowly been reclaimed... They seemed like a good place to start.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meaning on the icey 4th floor, the blue-haired blacksmith was not in her bed, but rather, the girl was out at Frostbite lake singing. She had poor sleep, a bad dream was coming back to her and she couldn't look at that face anymore. That damn face had tormented her enough, so anything to distract her was what she wanted. Thankfully, she recieved just that from Stryder. She paused her song, paused her dancing in the snow, and read the message. 

He, wanted her to heal him. She smiled softly, of course he did. This was her burden to bear, as the guilds sole healer, the lives of everyone was on her shoulder. And she couldn't let Stryder go about alone, even more so since he was going hunting for the guild. She looked down at Angel, the large Husky simply barked once. 

'Hey Stryder. I'll be there soon, i'm out at Frostbite Lake  so it may take me some time to get there. I hope you'll be tanking the monsters, i'm in the process of redoing my equipment'

The girl headed straight for the teleport. She was slightly worried, her new 'build' as it was described, was not the strongest right now. Her weapon wasn't that strong and neither was her ability to deal damage. She had good evasion, thanks to her outfit Guardian Angel, and Angel was a Protector Familiar, meaning he would protect her from danger. She had to find a glaring weakness, other than her lack of damage, and use her blacksmithing skills to make something to cover it. 

She exited the portal, and was a little nervious. Floor 19, this wasn't too far away from the front lines. What if some huge monsters were still here? That fear was slightly put away by the sight of Stryder, and the floor itself, which seemed rather spread out. 

"Hey, sorry it took me a while, i wasn't close to the teleporter..." Angel stepped out from behind Stryder, a large husky. Had he seen it like this, grown up? She knew he'd seen Angel as a pup, but ever since the changes to the game, Angel grew up and become a guard dog. 

@Stryder 

Spoiler

Stryder - 520/520HP | 35/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Concentration - Ready - Survival Active

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 225/450HP - 78 DMG

Stryder - 

ID# 90564 results:

Battle: 3+3 - 6 - Hit! All might(17ENG) - 15x15 - 225 DMG done to Forgotten

Forgotten -

ID# 90565 results:

MOB: 1-Miss

Sky smiled as Eatos arrived, and appologized for taking awhile. He knew she was lying about the warp gate, she had been sleeping. She was like him, always sleeping. It was pretty enjoyable in all honesty, sleeping, but he had to wake up and enjoy this world. Before he could respond to her, the small pup came around her back. Well.... Not a pup, it was somehow a full grown dog! He only had seen that thing like, a few days ago and it had been only a pup, HOW THE HELL did it evolve that large! He shrugged it off, deciding against angering it, or really... commenting on it beyond his confusion.

When Eatos had found him, he had walked over near one of the forgotten buildings, the world around having slowly reclaimed it. He heard it, the sound of some wood scrapping aganst stone, it was noisy. 

"Good to see you, but this might not be the right time for idle catch up... Remember, we are very close to the frontlines, this place is dangerous" He said to her, before turning around and raising the new gauntlets she had made him, the wood smacking into them and sparks flying off as he parried the strike, before using his All might and smashing it, his gloves, Accursed Souls, glistening with power, the monster already down at half health.

"I don't know how strong they will be up here, so watch out!"

The girl smiled at Stryder, but there was something new about her. She had, on her hip, a blade he'd never seen before. Divines Sword. She wanted to use her other weapon, but lacked the ability to, as of right now. But, that didn't mean she was powerless in these fights. His reinforcement of them being near the front lines didn't fill the girl with much level of comfort, it was something that had in her mind the entire walk here. Only a few floors up, the front liners were fighting tooth and nail to get them closer to beating the game. And here she was, scared of entering the fray of battle. How weak she truly was at the end of it all. 

Stryder fell under attack quickly after! Was this how dangerous the floor was!? Thankfully, it didn't seem to connect, but they hadn't partied up yet so she honestly didn't know his HP. Hoping he wasn't low, the girl grabbed her blade, the curved sword sitting naturally in her hand as she charged forwards, and her blade lit up. First time for everything, in this case, using a Sword Art! She came in close to the demi-human, getting in close before swinging her blade up, landing a strong blow and stunning the target. 

"I...I hit it..." The girl seemed startled that her attack had connected, standing there near the Forgotten as Angel barked at Stryder do to something. 

@Stryder

Spoiler

Stryder H1 - 520/520HP | 35/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Eatos H2 - 340/340 HP | 30/34 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 REC | 1 THRN

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 225/450HP - 78 DMG - Stunned 

ID: 90570 

BD: 9 <Hit>. Sword Art: Fell Creasant. 4(+1)=5. 5 Damage done, stun applied. 

Edited by Eatos
Spoiler

ID# 90571 results:

Battle: 3+3 - Hit - All might(17ENG) - 15x15 - 225 DMG done to Forgotten

ID# 90598 results:

MOB: 6 - Hit - Stunned - No attack taken

Stryder H1 - 520/520HP | 19/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Eatos H2 - 340/340 HP | 30/34 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 REC | 1 THRN

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 0/450HP - 78 DMG - Stunned 

ID# 90599 results: LOOT

Loot found! 

Craft: 12 - Plus HP Col, 1 T2 Mat

Loot: 8 - Loot!

---------

Gained - 450*3+450 - 1800 Col - Stryder

1 T2 Mat - Eatos

Sky watched as Eatos dashed in, doing a... A sword art? She dashed in, and with a quick, strong slash the creature took a hit. It barely took any damage, showing Sky that she was only at the lower ranks, but he noticed something else, the creature was stunned. It couldn't move, it tried, but the sword had suprised the demi Human, to the point taht it was stunned! This was going to be EASY now, Sky dashed in, the Forgotten attempting to move its blade to defend, but being stunned and unable to move, Sky punched it so hard it just broke into a billion pieces. He got quite a lot of col, around 1800, and a material. He sent the material over to Eatos, but something strange happened.... As the monster was breaking apart, the particles slowly... surged. Then, in a stream they flew right through Accursed Souls! After what looked like a... a spirit? Something appeared, entering he gloves before the last rainbow particles just.... vanished. Sky looked at the gloves shocked, extreamly worried, and curious, about what just happened.

"Well.... Thats one down. Still a few thousand more before iv hit my quota.... But i doubt we can do that all today"

Stryder quickly wiped out the monster with a strong punch. The girl wasn't too surprised, Stryder always had been able to deal, what was in her mind, a lot of damage. So this was simply no different to before. Well, mostly. She looked at her Curved Sword, this would be the first time he saw her use a Sword Art. Sure, he'd seen her fight before, but a sword art meant that she'd put points into a blade, choose a path. She had, curved sword, would lead into the Katana skill. 

"Probably not, we're only two people meaning we'd need quite a few large monsters before we snag what we need. I say, lets farm up what we can and quit when we're ahead"

As she spoke, she sent Stryder a party invite. This was mostly so she could track his HP and make the decision of healing him, or if she could go in for some damage of her own. Sword Art Online was becoming easier, less scary. It was a numbers game, sort off. As long as she stayed safe and ensured her gear was at its best. It was her best chance of survival. 

1/3 - Energy

Sky thought back onto what just happened... Realizing something a little fishy. She had used a sword art... As far as he knew, she had no combat skill at all, and hadn't wanted any. Something had changed... He had noticed it ever since they met Thorsten, well, remet Thorsten. She had gotten a heap load more confident, taking more responsibility and well.... being braver. He wondered about it, before looking at her sword, a curved sword.

"Why did you use a sword art.... I thought you had decided on being a support player?" He asked, starting to worry. He had seen her grow from a helpless little girl, scared to fight to a girl who had just used a sword art in a fight that was probably the most dangerous she had ever been in, and she had come in and attacked it, stunning it. Normally, she would have hung back and let him take a hit, and have healed him up to make sure he wasn't in danger. Now, she was putting herself in danger, making him slowly worry. He didn't want her getting in any more trouble then she had to... And he wanted to protect her, and right now, if she was getting more combat involved... He might need to teach her some things...

Eatos had, well, in part, forgotten that Stryder hadn't seen her Sword Art Skills before. She had wanted to keep them secret for a bit, but, well, she had to improve and the only way to do that was with practice. She glanced away, down at the weapon, Divines Blade, sitting in her hand. It hadn't been a decision she'd made easily, but, well, it was one she had to make. Of course the penalty was that she had majority of her skills at Rank 1, the only exception being Rank 3 First Aid. With the arrival of Thorsten, and a large number of the guild being lower level than her. She had to fight.

"That was my original plan, i was just so scared to fight. So, i opted into the style that would minimize combat for me. Then, i met people and realized that, i could learn a way to help, without placing myself in danger..." The girl looked out at the rest of the map, letting out a short sigh . It was almost poetic in a way "But, when, we made the guild, and Silver came back. All of them lower levels than me, healing isn't enough to save everyone. So, i picked up a sword to protect them. I'll protect them just like you've protected me all this time.."

2/3 Eng

Sky's heart skipped a beat. She hadn't ever really, acknowledged that openly before. He had always done it, and he was pretty sure she had realized he had been doing it for ages, but she had never openly said it. It made him feel both a little worry, and glad. He didn't want her to think that she owed him at all, he owed her! She had helped him find something to actually fight for, mainly someone who seemed worth fighting for, and with her he had met others who were worth fighting for. Everyone in his guild.... He would protect them all. He sighed afterwards, looking at her. He now had a need to do more then protect her.... He was going to have to teach her also, show her a few things that could save her life over time.

"Well.... I'm proud of you! You have grown from a young, scared girl to who you are now, and whatever your choice i'l stand by you and protect you, just like iv done from day one. Though if your going to be fighting more.... I think you should try learning a few tricks on how to move hate around" He told her, his voice a little deep and worried, but calm and honest.

• 2 weeks later...

The girl gazed at the curved sword once again, soon, she'd find a way to upgrade into the Katana skill tree. But for now, Divines Blade was enough to do what she needed of it. After all, she wouldn't be a groups main source of damage, but rather, have a way to protect herself. Other than simple healing. She nodded her head at Stryder.

"I have so many lives on my shoulders in the guild, it's my responcibility to ensure they stay alive. And the best way to do that is have a way to fight. If i do that, then, i can ensure the monsters target me. Just like when you fight" It was, in a way, childish, but it was simply how it was. She nodded her head for advise, she could use some if it. She'd been hit but monsters a few times now and each time is really sucked. 

"You've been fighting since the game started, anything you teach me would be amazing"

3/3 energy - Full energy

Sky was pretty glad she was getting braver. It showed him that he wouldn't need to worry so much. She was taking responsibility for all those who were with her, and he knew that she was soon going to be fighting by her side.... Instead of just fighting behind him. He looked around, the small building looking a little eary. He had no idea what was here... He decided to look around a little, wondering if this building would lead to anything. Maybe a dungeon!!! Or maybe just something else that could help him with what he was saving up for, his guild Hall for his new guild. He looked over at Eatos, glad that she was willing to learn. He didn't have the most to teach... But he at least knew how to keep himself alive... Maybe he could try and teach her a few things.

"Alright, i want to teach you what a switch is. A Switch is essentially a way to switch the amount of hate a player has. Next monster we find i'l demonstrate, don't worry though i'l be here to take it out if it gets dangerous" He tells her, giving a thumbs up.

It was, somewhat amusing to the girl. To Stryder, she was, incomplete. At least from his point of view. she was some young girl who was scared on the idea of dying who hadn't suffered before this game came around. To Eatos, it was highly amusing in a sad way. She did wonder if she should tell him the truth, the reality of of it. That she was scared of many things, but, perhaps that was a conversation for another time. For now, she would simply focus on this. Perhaps, in the future, she would tell him. Perhaps today? It would come up. It occured to her how little she knew about his real life. Maybe, in the future, that would come up.

"So it's a system designed to, swap the one who is being focused by the monsters?" She'd done more work, and had learnt about the abilities and upgrades that allowed for monster aggression to be swapped. However, she hadn't heard about the Switching mechanic. "I presume there is something to do about it, some special gimmick?"

Spoiler

ID# 91232 results:

MOB: 4- Miss

ID# 91233 results:

Battle: 7 - Hit. All Might - 15x15 - 225 DMG

Stryder H20 - 520/520HP | 35/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Eatos H0 - 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 REC | 1 THRN

Sky nodded, smiling at her. She was as right as she could have possibly got. It was a simple technique too, though he so far hadn't used it... Which was a little satisfying to feel in all honesty. He looked around, wondering if there was any more of those 'forgotten' here to deal with. It hasn't been that hard, or strong... But he had a feeling if he wasn't careful it could have been a lot harder to deal with.

"The Switch is pretty simple in all honesty. When i land an attack, i call out for a switch, and the moment i call for that you dash in and strike. If you manage to land a hit, the switch will be successful. This technique is good if someone needs to escape the front line to get back to healers, or if they need to change gear and need a distraction" He says to Eatos, before hearing the sound of footsteps. He turned around, punching the forgotten as hard as he could, before dashing in and using his <<All Might>> Sword art, his arm glowing blue as he punched it into a wall. 

"SWITCH!" He called, wanting to show her how it worked. He quickyl jumped away, leaving enough of an opening for her.

The game mechanic made sense, the ability for tanks to switch who was the focus. It made a lot of sense in the grand scale. A team with several healers, focus a tank, then swap to a fresh tank. Rinse, repeat, you tank never dies. It was a logical system, and one she approved off. However, it was also a system she didn't want to be part of it. Despite her intention, being on the front line scared her. Not as much as it used to, but she could handle it. 

Switch. She heard Stryder yell the word, and spotted the opening he made for her. She dived forwards, but as she swung her blade, it was intercepted. The Forgotten raised its' clawed hand and caught it, and Eatos realized she was right in its face as an easy target. She completely messed this up! A tank was needed for this, someone who felt confident in the front lines. She was not that person. 

Spoiler

ID: 91447

BD: 4 <Miss> CD: 8, +2EN>

Sword Art: Rage Blow. 4(2)=8

Stryder H20 - 520/520HP | 35/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Edited by Eatos
  • 3 weeks later...

Sky watched as she dashed in, smiling as she went in for the switch... Though she was intercepted, very fast. It grabbed her hand, giving her a sinister grin as it held its blade up. It was going to stab her! Sky reacted quickly moving in as fast as he could and his fist glowing blue as he drove it through the creatures head. It exploded, into thousands of shards of rainbow crystals. He puffed for a second, looking back. She didn't get hit, so she was alright. He walked over, offering her a hand up.

"That was a close one, though nice try!" He said, giving her a warm smile. He wasn't annoyed or upset she missed it, she was still learning how to fight, and one day she would be doing a lot more then she could now. And when that day came, he would still be here, looking after her.

Spoiler

ID# 92678 results:

Battle: 9 - All Might 15+1=240

Stryder H20 - 520/520HP | 19/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 0/450HP - 78 DMG

92679     4

- No Loot

Col - 1350

Well, she had expected success on the first attempt but, maybe, that was too much to hope? There was always going to be a learning curve...She took the offered hand, hauling herself up. She didn't have panic, or even fear, in her eyes this time. Death, while always present, was no going to be like in the real world. You were one bullet, or knife, away from death. At least, in SAO, you had health points and the ways they decreased were preset. Combat being the main one. As long as she was safe...

"It's a learning experience. I would have hit it, but, well, i have an item being made. It'll help my aim, it's a necklace with an accuracy buff, meaning i'll actually hit my targets" She had made plans around this new build, this idea. While she did have an energy focus, she could, when the situation required it, focus on landing her blows over recovering her energy. It was a trade-off, but one she had fully made. "So how much have we earned so far...?"

Post 1/3 - Stryder - Eatos 1/3

Sky looked at her. She ahd grown... quite a lot. He wished he could say the same about himself, but he really couldn't. He didn't know how much he had changed from the start of this game, but he liked to think it was a lot. He was a different person, and she had become a different one too. He sighed, touching his necklace as she talked about getting one. This was very special to him... And he would never take it off or lose it, even if he got something else.

"Maybe next time, its not to bad though, don't worry.you know as long as i'm around i won't let anything happen to ya" He says, smiling at her. He was quite protective of this girl, she might be older then him but he didn't care. She was easily his best friend in this world. He opened his inventory, looking at how much they had gathered so far. He barely had any Col himself, so every bit he had was for the guild... and he had about three thousand? Thats not to bad... though he knew they needed a whole lot more.

"We have gotten about.... three thousand from these two. Dam, wish i was strong enough to get more then just that" 

Only three thousand? That was a good amount, in a way. But ultimately, given the price of a guild hall, no where near enough. The realize of the matter was simple. The guild hall and everything it has, was a long way in the future. Months easily, maybe even years given the price. And that wasn't even looking at all the extra costs that came on top of that. She couldn't not let out a sigh. 

"At this rate, even if i split money from my store 7 grand a piece, it'll take us some time to purchase a guild hall...If they were a bit cheaper..." She shook her head. There was no point thinknig about that, it wasn't the realize she was in. The reality was simple. They needed money, and the main way to earn it was killing monsters. There was no way around it, but in this game, how long would that take...

"You realize a hall is many months in the future no?"

2/3 Stry - 2/3 Eatos

He groaned a little, he knew how far in the future this guild hall was..... It was going to take him AGES unless he could get some help from an extremely powerful player who could pull in many thousands per kill. He didn't know anyone like that.... But he wished he did. He wished he knew someone who could help him collect heaps of bloody Col.... He had someone in mind, but he had no way to contact them at all, and hell, if he was how strong he looked! Sky knew he would be dead if he tried to go out hunting with him. 

"Yeah.... We will just have to put money away slowly when we don't need it.... I'l see if others can help us out with collecting it.... I might be able to find a few groups who would be willing to help us save up... If not, well then, guess we have our work cut out for us!" He says with a laugh, before groaning. a little... again. He wanted to get this done soon so that he could give his guild members a place to sleep together... Somewhere safe. That was  the reason he wanted to do thsi so badly, for them... And nothing would stop him.

The idea of getting others to help them was logical, however, the chances of outsiders caring enough to help was...slim at best. She didn't like the idea of relying on others to get their job done, but, maybe if they got closer with other guilds. They could go on combined hunts or missions, and that could be to the benefit of both? It was, at the very least, a thought for the future. "If we are able to form an alliance with another guild, one of the stronger ones. Then perhaps, we could go hunting for some of the stronger monsters? It would require time, and the right contacts, but in theory, its possible..." 

What the girl didn't say, was that she would be willing to use someone as a tool to get there. The first person that came to mind was Telrenya. She knew Stryder and the girl got along, and the girl was part of a larger guild. If they could ally, then maybe...

"But that's for another time no? My energy is fully recharged, so i think we can find ourselves another monster to kill now, no?"